Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again (1111 Views)

Only Peter Obi Worries Us, Atiku Cannot Win – APC’s Osita Okechukwu / "Why Atiku Cannot Inspect Election Materials Now" - INEC Reveals / I Will Send You Back To Daura In 2019, Again Atiku Attacks Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by rightdata: 6:19am On Apr 06, 2022
Atiku got a massive support in 2019 from the South but he ran to Dubai after loosing election. Let him stop deceiving himself he cannot get that support again in 2023. Southerners cannot support a fulani man in 2023. Never

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by Frigga13: 6:24am On Apr 06, 2022
rightdata:
Atiku got a massive support in 2019 from the South but he ran to Dubai after loosing election. Let him stop deceiving himself he cannot get that support again in 2023. Southerners cannot support a fulani man in 2023. Never

Okay..

Southerners will never support westerners .. they will even support the north against the west

Next time you want to call southerners always put comma,

Yoruba is different from the rest of the south

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by LordIsaac(m): 6:39am On Apr 06, 2022
Fulani has unleashed too much mayhem on the populace for the masses to consider him.
Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by Donshegxy10(m): 6:44am On Apr 06, 2022
The south has been used and dump by PDP again, there will be vote apathy from the south east especially, atiku is not loved in the north, south west is locked down for jagaban.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by sotall(m): 6:49am On Apr 06, 2022
rightdata:

Always differentiate the Southwest from the Southsouth and Soutj East.
The South west brought this calamity and failure we have today as president.

2023 is pay back time. The South south and south East will rather vote a Northerner than vote Tinubu.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by realstars: 6:49am On Apr 06, 2022
His time has pass.
Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by seunmsg(m): 6:58am On Apr 06, 2022
The OP is very correct. Atiku is not really a very popular politician with the masses. He has no cult followership like Buhari had in the north before 2015. He’s an extremely corrupt and wicked rogue and that’s how most people see him.

He got a lot of votes the last time out simply because he was the only realistic alternative to Buhari on the ballot. Lots of people voted against an underperforming Buhari in 2019 and not really for Atiku.

2023 will be a very different kettle of fish entirely. If Atiku is PDP’s candidate, he will contest against a southerner and that changes a lot of voting pattern. The most interesting region will be South south. If Atiku finds a way to defeat Wike and pick Obi or any SE person as running mate, I see APC making a very significant inroad into South south. Edo is already 50-50, Akwa Ibom and Delta are close to 60-40 and anything can happen in Cross River with Ayade as incumbent. We all saw what happened in Bayelsa during the last governorship election.

In Rivers, a lot will depend on the outcome of PDP presidential primary. If Wike losses out completely without getting either the presidential or vp slot, I see him cutting a deal with Tinubu or whoever emerged as APC. I don’t see him ever working for Atiku at the general election except he’s on the ballot.

Atiku will still win South east but with a lower margin. Ipob has done a lot of damage to the SE voting population so the voter turnout will be the lowest in the country. Total vote cast in the region may not be up to 1.5million next year and APC will still put up a good showing in Abia and Ebonyi.

Overall, Atiku has no realistic path to victory. Most of the southerners that voted for him when it was an all Fulani contest will not vote for him again in 2023.

freshkpomo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by FoolaniHellman: 7:02am On Apr 06, 2022
Frigga13:

Okay..

Southerners will never support westerners .. they will even support the north against the west

I'm sure you see Yoruba Demons in your sleep!

Very soon you'll lose your sleep and you'll never have it back!

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by FoolaniHellman: 7:03am On Apr 06, 2022
The OP is on Point!

Only Atikulated Igbos will turn blind eye on this!

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by Frigga13: 7:04am On Apr 06, 2022
FoolaniHellman:

I'm sure you see Yoruba Demons in your sleep!

Very soon you'll lose your sleep and you'll never have it back!

K

Next!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by FoolaniHellman: 7:06am On Apr 06, 2022
Frigga13:

K

Next!

Gerraraherre!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by FoolaniHellman: 7:06am On Apr 06, 2022
Frigga13:

K

Next!

Fulani Slave!!!

Atikulated Fraud!!

You go Collect!

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by FoolaniHellman: 7:10am On Apr 06, 2022
Frigga13:

Okay..

You go out every night and day campaignimg against Tinubu and the Yorubas and you reside in Yoruba land!

You'll die young in Yoruba Land! I said what I said!

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by FoolaniHellman: 7:12am On Apr 06, 2022
Nah Polythene we go use carry all back-stabbing Igbos in Yoruba land to AfganEastern!!

Keep your Stupidity to your Region!

Ingrates!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by FoolaniHellman: 7:14am On Apr 06, 2022
Have never heard or come across any Yoruba Man relocating to Sad East to make a Living! You people troop in every night and day with Polythene into Southwest to make a living...!

And you dare try to ridicule your host at any given time!

2023 Igbos will learn Politics from Yoruba!

It's not about Online Chest beating!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by Frigga13: 7:16am On Apr 06, 2022
FoolaniHellman:

You go out every night and day campaignimg against Tinubu and the Yorubas and you reside in Yoruba land!

You'll die young in Yoruba Land! I said what I said!

Me reside in Yoruba land

God forbid evil

Where hunger and poverty reside .. have you visited oyo Ekiti Ogun Osun Ondo

Will tell you more of Yoruba than you..

Yoruba land ke ..godforbid

Instead I relocate to chad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by Frigga13: 7:18am On Apr 06, 2022
FoolaniHellman:

Fulani Slave!!!

Atikulated Fraud!!

You go Collect!

Better than worshipping a slave cool

Worship me!

Or get off my mention

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by FoolaniHellman: 7:21am On Apr 06, 2022
Frigga13:

Worship me!

Or get off my mention

You and your Cohorts will be packed in Bodybags and sent back to AfganEastern come 2023!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by Trustedhands: 7:58am On Apr 06, 2022
Frigga13:

Okay..

We're not guilty at all. It's ibos in the mud for this as you can't go a day without attaching SS with SE all because of oil and access to sea.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:14am On Apr 06, 2022
seunmsg:
The OP is very correct. Atiku is not really a very popular politician with the masses. He has no cult followership like Buhari had in the north before 2015. He’s an extremely corrupt and wicked rogue and that’s how most people see him.

He got a lot of votes the last time out simply because he was the only realistic alternative to Buhari on the ballot. Lots of people voted against an underperforming Buhari in 2019 and not really for Atiku.

2023 will be a very different kettle of fish entirely. If Atiku is PDP’s candidate, he will contest against a southerner and that changes a lot of voting pattern. The most interesting region will be South south. If Atiku finds a way to defeat Wike and pick Obi or any SE person as running mate, I see APC making a very significant inroad into South south. Edo is already 50-50, Akwa Ibom and Delta are close to 60-40 and anything can happen in Cross River with Ayade as incumbent. We all saw what happened in Bayelsa during the last governorship election.

In Rivers, a lot will depend on the outcome of PDP presidential primary. If Wike losses out completely without getting either the presidential or vp slot, I see him cutting a deal with Tinubu or whoever emerged as APC. I don’t see him ever working for Atiku at the general election except he’s on the ballot.

Atiku will still win South east but with a lower margin. Ipob has done a lot of damage to the SE voting population so the voter turnout will be the lowest in the country. Total vote cast in the region may not be up to 1.5million next year and APC will still put up a good showing in Abia and Ebonyi.

Overall, Atiku has no realistic path to victory. Most of the southerners that voted for him when it was an all Fulani contest will not vote for him again in 2023.
And Atiku would win his Northern base, even if he struggles to win SE and SS, Tinubu can't survive with just his SW votes.No mater how you look out it, Atiku would be too strong for Tinubu.We all know Tinubu is more corrupt than Atiku,so I don't see where he will get his votes from apart from Sw

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by West1side: 8:25am On Apr 06, 2022
You are doomed along with your born n unborn generation. Shame on you despicable ebos.

Frigga13:

Worship me!

Or get off my mention

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by West1side: 8:27am On Apr 06, 2022
Everywhere MKO got his votes from is where Tinubu will get his vote from. I'll advice you wail to death instead of replying this quote.

HIGHESTPOPORI:
And Atiku would win his Northern base, even if he struggles to win SE and SS, Tinubu can't survive with just his SW votes.No mater how you look out it, Atiku would be too strong for Tinubu.We all know Tinubu is more corrupt than Atiku,so I don't see where he will get his votes from apart from Sw

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:31am On Apr 06, 2022
West1side:
Everywhere MKO got his votes from is where Tinubu will get his vote from. I'll advice you wail to death instead of replying this quote.

And did mko become the president,this is 2022 and not 1993. Mko did not contest against a popular northerner like Atiku.And the SS and SE were not angry with Mko like they are angry with tinubu for supporting Bihari against Jonathan in 2015. Even the tinubu is seen as corrupt than mko.So how is it possible? Keep dreaming

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by seunmsg(m): 8:45am On Apr 06, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:

Atiku cannot win the NW simply because of politics. He’s not from the NW and his party is very weak in the region. APC controls 6 out of the 7 states in the region and even the one under PDP is hanging in the balance.

Presidential election will be held on the same day with National Assembly election so it’s a do or die for APC. Tinubu or any APC candidate will win NW easily as there is currently no strong opposition to the party in the region.

NE is where it gets trickier. Atiku will win Adamawa and Taraba convincingly. Tinubu will win Bornu, Yobe and Gombe convincingly. With Dogara and his team now with Tinubu in APC, Bauchi is 50-50. So you see, NE is at best 50-50 with APC having a little advantage.

In NC, it’s going to be an easy victory for Tinubu in Niger, Kwara, Kogi and Nasarawa. Plateau is 50-50 while Benue is 60-40 for Atiku. Overall, APC wins NC.

So, with clear victory in NW, SW and NC, marginal victory in NE and 40% in SS and voter apathy in SE, how can Atiku win the election?

freshkpomo

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:33am On Apr 06, 2022
seunmsg:

Atiku cannot win the NW simply because of politics. He’s not from the NW and his party is very weak in the region. APC controls 6 out of the 7 states in the region and even the one under PDP is hanging in the balance.

Presidential election will be held on the same day with National Assembly election so it’s a do or die for APC. Tinubu or any APC candidate will win NW easily as there is currently no strong opposition to the party in the region.

NE is where it gets trickier. Atiku will win Adamawa and Taraba convincingly. Tinubu will win Bornu, Yobe and Gombe convincingly. With Dogara and his team now with Tinubu in APC, Bauchi is 50-50. So you see, NE is at best 50-50 with APC having a little advantage.

In NC, it’s going to be an easy victory for Tinubu in Niger, Kwara, Kogi and Nasarawa. Plateau is 50-50 while Benue is 60-40 for Atiku. Overall, APC wins NC.

So, with clear victory in NW, SW and NC, marginal victory in NE and 40% in SS and voter apathy in SE, how can Atiku win the election?

freshkpomo
Keep dreaming if you think North will vote Tinubu against their son Atiku, once Atiku gets the ticket, most of the Northern Governors even in Apc would work for him against Tinubu, same way Jonathan was betrayed in 2015 by Northern governors in his party.You are joking, if you think Atiku won't win his North East and Northwest by 70 percent by 90percent.Northerners would vote for a Northern Muslim than a Northern Christian or yoruba muslim.You are talking of dogara, and you forgot Atiku vp, Peter Obi or Wike would bring the votes from SE and SS.Atiku as Pdp candidate against a Tinubu would give PDP National assembly candidates the advantage to win the majority, same way apc did with buhari in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 06, 2022
rightdata:

define "southerners" please
Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by Simeonjoe1: 12:04pm On Apr 06, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Keep dreaming if you think North will vote Tinubu against their son Atiku, once Atiku gets the ticket, most of the Northern Governors even in Apc would work for him against Tinubu, same way Jonathan was betrayed in 2015 by Northern governors in his party.You are joking, if you think Atiku won't win his North East and Northwest by 70 percent by 90percent.Northerners would vote for a Northern Muslim than a Northern Christian or yoruba muslim.You are talking of dogara, and you forgot Atiku vp, Peter Obi or Wike would bring the votes from SE and SS.Atiku as Pdp candidate against a Tinubu would give PDP National assembly candidates the advantage to win the majority, same way apc did with buhari in 2015.
As a political observer I think you are wrong in your analysis. Any candidate from APC will easily win NW

1 Like

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by Bounceboune7: 12:53pm On Apr 06, 2022
Frigga13:

Okay..

if only u know south south have carried their own cross n they have wike to support,u better stop the attache of ss/se n face your own battle so later u won't start crying betrayal
Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by Frigga13: 12:59pm On Apr 06, 2022
Bounceboune7:
if only u know south south have carried their own cross n they have wike to support,u better stop the attache of ss/se n face your own battle so later u won't start crying betrayal

This man..

You need to come to south south and define those that have gone with Wike

This one no even know as e Dey go.. tell me the minority that will vote Wike

Obaseki And Edo people ?

Okowa and his delta people

Udom and akwaibomites ?

Ayade wey go finish Wike abi Na Calabar peoplw

Or my governor in Bayelsa .. Diri.. grin

Which of the south south .. go with Wike

The problem with you yoruba people is that you don’t travel.. you people read Nigeria on paper .. travel tour.. make friends and visit .. traveling is education not story

If you have travelled down south south .. no be person go tell you that Wike is jus making noise to avoid efcc

You can argue

But first tell us the south south that has gone with Wike

Not just hating I igbos .. use sense to hate as a Sophisticator

1 Like

Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by Bounceboune7: 1:26pm On Apr 06, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
it's like u weren't alive when north voted gej instead of buhari.

U weren't alive when they voted obj instead of all these people u mentioned.

The guy is been realistic with u with enough reasonable calculation n u are only being emotional.

Let me enlighten u about precedents since we switched to democracy.
Since 1999 no region has ever held on to power for complete 16 years n u know what that means if a region held on to power for complete for 16 years n u know northerners cherish one Nigeria cos they are d greatest beneficiary so they won't do anything that will lead to breakup so they will definitely give south d power for 8 years so they can have it again in 8 years time.

If u understand politics u know it's more than emotions
Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by Bounceboune7: 1:30pm On Apr 06, 2022
Frigga13:

This man..

You need to come to south south and define those that have gone with Wike

This one no even know as e Dey go.. tell me the minority that will vote Wike

Obaseki And Edo people ?

Okowa and his delta people

Udom and akwaibomites ?

Ayade wey go finish Wike abi Na Calabar peoplw

Or my governor in Bayelsa .. Diri.. grin

Which of the south south .. go with Wike

The problem with you yoruba people is that you don’t travel.. you people read Nigeria on paper .. travel tour.. make friends and visit .. traveling is education not story

If you have travelled down south south .. no be person go tell you that Wike is jus making noise to avoid efcc

You can argue

But first tell us the south south that has gone with Wike

Not just hating I igbos .. use sense to hate as a Sophisticator
it will b easy for a camel to pass through a needle than for an igbo man to b d president of Nigeria
Re: Atiku Cannot Get The Massive Support He Got In 2019 Again by West1side: 5:20am On Apr 07, 2022
I guess you are unaware Kigibe was second in the same SDP pry while Atiku was 4 or 5 reason MKO pick him as running mate. Atiku can make noise about popularity to you igbos every other Nigeria understand Atiku is a paper weight politician.

HIGHESTPOPORI:
And did mko become the president,this is 2022 and not 1993. Mko did not contest against a popular northerner like Atiku.And the SS and SE were not angry with Mko like they are angry with tinubu for supporting Bihari against Jonathan in 2015. Even the tinubu is seen as corrupt than mko.So how is it possible? Keep dreaming

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Absent As Edo Pdp Endorsed Wike / See This Hilarious Tweet About Amaechi / Team Obidient, Makurdi Outings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.