Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,925 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet (40819 Views)

Noble Eyisi Graduates With 1st Class In The UK After Suspension From UNIZIK / Kenneth Ibe: Kidnapped IMSU Law Student Murdered (Photos) / Noble Chibueze Eyisi Graduates With First Class In UK After UNIZIK Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by SunTzu123(m): 11:14am On Apr 06, 2022
An Igbo proverb; oke soro ngwere maa mmiri....... (Meaning; the rat that decides to follow the lizard in the rain....). The lizard will dry but rat will not.

Because your friends are doing it and nothing is happening to them is NOT enough reason.

3 Likes

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:17am On Apr 06, 2022
THAT IS WHAT TOO MUCH MONEY WITHOUT GOD CAUSES,YOU JUST FALL FOR DEVIL,S DEVICES AND DEMISE LIKE THAT. undecided HARD DRUG KILLS. HARD DRUG RENDERS YOU BRAINLESS. angry YOU YOUTHS OF TODAY ,STAY AWAY FROM HARD DRUGS. angry

1 Like

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 06, 2022
Nigerian girls graduate from vaping to drugs here.
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Angel55555(m): 11:26am On Apr 06, 2022
alphaNomega:
What nonsense take is this? Is she the only law student? Is law the only rigorous course of study?

The girl died from her drug habit, simple!

I don't pity people who die from drug abuse these days because there is enough information available to us now against the dangers of substance abuse, and they still take drugs anyhow.

When you meet with young people abusing drugs, they talk you down as if you are telling lies. If you read through the comments on this thread you will even see some them trying to rationalize and justify using recreational drugs.

The only time they learn is when their lives are at stake. I can bet you SOME of the young people having kidney issues that require dialysis/kidney transplant are drug-abuse related? Unfortunately this one did not make it.

What an avoidable death angry

It won't cost you anything to show a little sympathy. We all have a bad habit just pray it doesn't kill you.
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by SaintUlot: 11:31am On Apr 06, 2022
I don't believe this story, people don't die in advanced countries.
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by alphaNomega: 11:46am On Apr 06, 2022
Angel55555:

It won't cost you anything to show a little sympathy. We all have a bad habit just pray it doesn't kill you.
I'm upset that this death could have been totally avoided! Be like you Neva advice drug abuser before, you will get frustrated. For many it is only life threatening health conditions or death itself that makes them quit.

2 Likes

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Angel55555(m): 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2022
alphaNomega:

I'm upset that this death could have been totally avoided! Be like you Neva advice drug abuser before, you will get frustrated. For many it is only life threatening health conditions or death itself that makes them quit.
I don't even know anyone that do drugs, it seems a lot of teens and adults do drugs in the UK MDCA or whatever it's called. It's the norms over there since drugs are easy to get and it costs a few pounds
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by jaxxy(m): 12:34pm On Apr 06, 2022
U leave healthy food to eat food laced with crap??
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by mamawa123: 12:35pm On Apr 06, 2022
Say No To Drug
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Bmaster(m): 12:44pm On Apr 06, 2022
Painintheass221:
Cool

To the guy above that denied me FTC this Tuesday morning.

Guy, you be weyrey
I sell FTC at affordable prices,

Please make an order now while stocks last
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by 1Sharon(f): 3:06pm On Apr 06, 2022
I've always been so nervous about ordering edibles.
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by bilulu(m): 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2022
As if it's not normal among international students.... 95% of Nigerians students abroad take weed, both gender, they smoke it anyhow and at will....

1 Like

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by bilulu(m): 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2022
Angel55555:
So sad.....law is a rigorous course I guess she was just looking for a little bit of fun. May her soul rest in perfect peace
If you live abroad, you will know it's normal for them, probably that's not her first time. 95% Nigerians studying abroad take weed. You won't understand until you witness it first hand..... Ask yourself why most of those students hardly visit home and stay a month or more than. Nigerian students abroad especially girls are something else. I ve zero sympathy

1 Like

Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Quiny32323: 3:31pm On Apr 06, 2022
mariovito:
How do you identify synthetic in Nigeria?

Naija weed is natural except the imported ones but na jand I see say weed get synthetic nonsense, smells different and sometimes more high though.
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by ultraviolet27(f): 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2022
As I Read it from Opera News this morning She didn't even know the Sweet Contains canabinoid Substance and it Wasn't Candies Per Say it was Like a Bubble Gum RIP to Her though
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Beey(f): 11:54pm On Apr 06, 2022
dre11:

https://fij.ng/article/after-eating-cannabis-sweet-bought-online-nigerian-law-student-dies-in-the-uk/
I don’t know if someone around her had narcan which is life saving and an antidote for opioid overdose. It blocks the effects of of opioids that cause brain damage and restores breathing. Just pumped through the nose. In the US, a prescription is not needed to buy it from the pharmacy. I hope more people can get to know about it because it has saved many struggling with drug use.
Re: Damilola Olakanmi, Nigerian Law Student Dies In UK After Eating Cannabis Sweet by Quiny32323: 8:44am On Apr 08, 2022
mariovito:
How do you identify synthetic in Nigeria?

Most weed in naija is natural na only hand I dey see all these nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Okada Boy" Makes UNIOSUN Best Overall Graduating Student / 16 Photos That Will Take You Back To Your Secondary School Inter-house Sports / Kids Transported To School In Lokoja In An Open-Vehicle (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.