Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me (7032 Views)

How Can I Track Or Block A Stolen Phone? / How Can I Track A Stolen Phone.. HELP!! / How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by emmy512: 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2022
I cant type much right now.
You were scammed.
Soft targets are gotten from the call log of the main target. Since you were the first to be tracked as the say u were supposed to be the main target not the soft target.
Then someone in ur call log will be used to get you.
After tracking your location is gotten but sometimes your location would be too dense to pick u out and thats were the soft target is used to bring u out.
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Danmboss(m): 3:00pm On Apr 06, 2022
Op you just won the mumu award of the year
undecided you use your two eyes to buy something you did not have evidence to show for

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by dankwoska: 3:01pm On Apr 06, 2022
If you are able to save up to 30k to 40k just manage brand new Infinix or Tecno device for the main time before going for higher range smart phones. Risk of buying old device is not an option
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by okooloyun1(m): 3:41pm On Apr 06, 2022
If you must buy a fairly used phones online, make sure you buy with the carton.
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Desto010: 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2022
Seriously bro, you were very lucky for 9ja police hand .
I myself in 2020 has bought a stolen phone unaware, I was tracked to my school on campus after 1 month .

Omoo, I spent 6 days in police cell because of this phone issue.and luckily for me I was able to bring the guy who sold the phone to me .

My parents spent up to 200k before we could settled everything and finally released.

Trust me police don’t joke with stolen phone I was surprised how they allowed you go freely �

12 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 06, 2022
dankwoska:
If you are able to save up to 30k to 40k just manage brand new Infinix or Tecno device for the main time before going for higher range smart phones. Risk of buying old device is not an option

Yes I'm going to stick to budget phones for now.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 06, 2022
Desto010:
I myself in 2020 has bought a stolen phone unaware, I was tracked to my school on campus after 1 month .

Omoo, I spent 6 days in police cell because of this phone issue.and luckily for me I was able to bring the guy who sold the phone to me .

My parents spent up to 200k before we could settled everything and finally released.

Trust me police don’t joke with stolen phone I was surprised how they allowed you go freely �

Money spent by your parents, did the guy pay?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Bobbyjay001(m): 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2022
Onyeka90210:
I sense Foul play, you gave him your location
You should have blocked let them come to pick you up if at all.
Then saying you should bring the guy that sold it to you and they’ll return the phone to you, what will now happened to the original owner of the phone that told them to track it.
There’s a probability that they got your number via the IMEI , but there’s also a higher probability the seller gave his officer friend your number.
I suggest you wait one month, go back to the station, claim you want to take something from the phone to find out if the phone is still in their custody,
When buying midrange or budget phones, it’s best to buy them new.
I buy used phones, but it has to be a flagship straight from U.S, and you can always run a quick IMEI check to see if it was reported lost or stolen.
Apparently, some midrange or budget phone your eye.

how do one run an imei check on phones that were reported lost or stolen?
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Temptee101(m): 5:01pm On Apr 06, 2022
illicit:
U are very gullible

Sorry to say

U intentionally bought a phone that has no particulars

U intentionally made urself available to a cop despite knowing who he is

What if the original phone owner was killed before dispossession

The guy took lots of risk.

He is so lucky it was just the phone they collected from him.

I guess he has learnt his lessons the hard way.

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by talktalk4u: 5:14pm On Apr 06, 2022
Miracood2:
On getting to the police station I was told that the guy who sold the the phone stole it and they've been trying to track down the guy they couldn't but they're tracked me immediately I started using the phone.

I was asked to provide the guy who sold the phone to me () which was almost impossible to me because I don't know the guy I just met him for the first time during the phone transaction.

My dad said for permission that will come back after a week I will do our best to track the guy.
the policeman said if I can bring the guy who sold the phone to me I'll get back my phone but if I can't that will be the end of the phone.

After 6 days we went back to the police station and told them we couldn't get the guy since it was impossible to get him. Ever since the phone has been with the police and the guy I bought the phone from his number is not going through.

This is his phone number 07015951741,

His full name is Tolulope Ayinde Daniel pls refrain from him, do not engage in any form of business with him, he is not a honest person.

Link to the thread where I bought the phone
https://www.nairaland.com/7023957/sold#111341956

search for him on facebook
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by OnyeObodo: 5:18pm On Apr 06, 2022
The police and the guy that sold the phone to you run you street. They know each other and dem dom thief your phone. Mugu.

Police call you.... You fooolishly give am location.

Which stupid tracking dem track you ni?

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Stephenmoka4(m): 6:03pm On Apr 06, 2022
Lots of fouls there. I think he scam you, the police is too friendly in this case. Giving your location to a number you don't have any idea about, another blunder.
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Odetokun3(m): 6:54pm On Apr 06, 2022
illicit:
U are very gullible

Sorry to say

Stop blaming victims

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by illicit(m): 6:58pm On Apr 06, 2022
Odetokun3:

Stop blaming victims

Who is the victim here

Him or the phone owner?

Someone knowingly bought stolen property and u are saying what again

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Mkelv0106(m): 7:20pm On Apr 06, 2022
It can happen to anybody, so I no blame d OP. Na so I buy this same smart 5 from 1 of my
so called paddy for 25k October last year, this paddy na my course mate that year for delsu, we even do IT together for d same ministry, Bros dey come my crib come chow, my ma'le know am well sef. Just 3 months into using d phone na so Easybuy restrict d phone say my loan don pass due. Called paddy he begin claim ignorance, na so I give am d phone back, make he carry, friendship end. I just thank God say no be stolen phone, cause I no get power for police case. Na so d Nigga take run me street o..I no stress sha, cus every dog, has its day.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Slynation(m): 7:23pm On Apr 06, 2022
Miracood2:
On getting to the police station I was told that the guy who sold the the phone stole it and they've been trying to track down the guy they couldn't but they're tracked me immediately I started using the phone.

I was asked to provide the guy who sold the phone to me () which was almost impossible to me because I don't know the guy I just met him for the first time during the phone transaction.

My dad said for permission that will come back after a week I will do our best to track the guy.
the policeman said if I can bring the guy who sold the phone to me I'll get back my phone but if I can't that will be the end of the phone.

After 6 days we went back to the police station and told them we couldn't get the guy since it was impossible to get him. Ever since the phone has been with the police and the guy I bought the phone from his number is not going through.

His full name is Tolulope Ayinde Daniel pls refrain from him, do not engage in any form of business with him, he is not a honest person.

Lol...I can guarantee you 100% the guy is working with those policemen, A policeman disclosed that he's a police man and he's coming to get you...!! Who does that grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Odetokun3(m): 7:33pm On Apr 06, 2022
illicit:

Who is the victim here

Him or the phone owner?

Someone knowingly bought stolen property and u are saying what again
Table will roll
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by donbenie(m): 7:53pm On Apr 06, 2022
Miracood2:

Yes I'm going to stick to budget phones for now.
Sounds to me you are a very naive and gullible fellow..
How can a total stranger call your line and convince you to part with your location?
Guy!, you dey fall hand!! angry
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by tunjilee003: 8:23pm On Apr 06, 2022
illicit:
U are very gullible

Sorry to say

he will just be cooling off in jail..

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 06, 2022
Senomii:

Haba! Which kind rugged format be this This country don tire pesin, nigerians wicked pass putin

grin
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Oyiboman69: 9:54pm On Apr 06, 2022
Onyeka90210:
I sense Foul play, you gave him your location, then he claimed to track your location?
You should have blocked the line instantly, let them come to pick you up if at all.
Then saying you should bring the guy that sold it to you and they’ll return the phone to you, what will now happened to the original owner of the phone that told them to track it.
There’s a probability that they got your number via the IMEI , but there’s also a higher probability the seller gave his officer friend your number.
I suggest you wait one month, go back to the station, claim you want to take something from the phone to find out if the phone is still in their custody,
When buying midrange or budget phones, it’s best to buy them new.
I buy used phones, but it has to be a flagship straight from U.S, and you can always run a quick IMEI check to see if it was reported lost or stolen.
Apparently, some midrange or budget phones don’t have these features, so you have to shine your eye.
how can one do this?
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by seanwilliam(m): 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2022
Desto010:

Allowed you to go freely after you paid 200k?
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Samueltemi337(m): 10:31pm On Apr 06, 2022
They tracked your location but them still dey ask for your location grin

the seller and the police don scam you

the seller probably gave your number to the police

Na two of them run am

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by uboma(m): 10:48pm On Apr 06, 2022
Miracood2:

I've learnt my lesson

Can you describe the man who sold the stolen phone to you? Where did you guys meet-up for the transaction?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by eleko1: 11:21pm On Apr 06, 2022
angry sad shocked
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by eleko1: 11:41pm On Apr 06, 2022
sadPolice nor track anything,, dem play u dumb.That thief/police are same birds.Drink cold coke,u go understand their pranks later
Miracood2:

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 06, 2022
eleko1:
sadPolice nor track anything,, dem play u dumb.That thief/police are same birds.Drink cold coke,u go understand their pranks later

It happened weeks ago. From the very moment I left the police station, I analyized the whole situation.

One thing I know for sure is that Tolulope Ayinde Daniel and all those who are members of the scamming circle will spend the remaining years of their lives on Earth with incurable diseases!

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by foxxydude: 11:53pm On Apr 06, 2022
Miracood2:

It happened weeks ago. From the very moment I left the police station, I analyized the whole situation.

One thing I know for sure is that Tolulope Ayinde Daniel and all those who are members of the scamming circle will spend the remaining years of their lives on Earth with incurable diseases!

Find a way to Report the case to the DPO of that station

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Desto010: 1:00am On Apr 07, 2022
seanwilliam:

Allowed you to go freely after you paid 200k?
Yeah
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by FatherCHRISTMAS: 1:10am On Apr 07, 2022
Miracood2:
On the 11th of March 2022, I saw an advertisement on the phone section posted by ' Goldpips' about a phone for sale
(Infinix smart 5) @30

Typing....

grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by FatherCHRISTMAS: 1:11am On Apr 07, 2022
Samueltemi337:
They tracked your location but them still dey ask for your location grin
the seller and the police don scam you
the seller probably gave your number to the police

Na two of them run am
grin grin
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by FatherCHRISTMAS: 1:17am On Apr 07, 2022
Desto010:

thats becasue his parent are attached to the military

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Infinix More Faster & Better In Multitasking Than Tecno / Have You Heard Of Dstv Mobile ? / How Much Are Nokia 6680 And 6630

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.