Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,497 members, 7,954,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:13 PM

A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me (7357 Views)

Ever Tracked A Stolen Phone Before? Share Your Experience / How Can I Track A Stolen Phone.. HELP!! / How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Double0h7(f): 1:58am On Apr 07, 2022
I'm confused didn't you put your own Sim card into the phone? How did the cop get your number to call you? Why would you give your location to a stranger?
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by eleko1: 2:49am On Apr 07, 2022
cool AMEN.
Miracood2:

It happened weeks ago. From the very moment I left the police station, I analyized the whole situation.

One thing I know for sure is that Tolulope Ayinde Daniel and all those who are members of the scamming circle will spend the remaining years of their lives on Earth with incurable diseases!
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by eleko1: 2:56am On Apr 07, 2022
grin Nah old scam.U think police will leave the Op just like DAT.D baztard gave his police friend Miracood2 number.. The Op should check FB If he see the thief there,he should go and report the police and his criminal gang @state command
Double0h7:
I'm confused didn't you put your own Sim card into the phone? How did the cop get your number to call you? Why would you give your location to a stranger?
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Double0h7(f): 4:00am On Apr 07, 2022
eleko1:
grin Nah old scam.U think police will leave the Op just like DAT.D baztard gave his police friend Miracood2 number.. The Op should check FB If he see the thief there,he should go and report the police and his criminal gang @state command

Wow! All that effort over 25k? People are hungry cry
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by eleko1: 6:08am On Apr 07, 2022
sad u can give the Op the 25k
Double0h7:

Wow! All that effort over 25k? People are hungry cry

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by VickyELEFAN(f): 6:29am On Apr 07, 2022
eleko1:
sad u can give the Op the 25k
what if the op is even a scammer? you havent been reading through the line
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 07, 2022
VickyELEFAN:
what if the op is even a scammer? you havent been reading through the line

Pls shut up if you don't have anything sensible to say

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by VickyELEFAN(f): 6:57am On Apr 07, 2022
Miracood2:

Pls shut up if you don't have anything sensible to say

why are you angry ? because i am not part of your pity party ?
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by SEGLIZ: 7:08am On Apr 07, 2022
Onyeka90210:
I sense Foul play, you gave him your location, then he claimed to track your location?
You should have blocked the line instantly, let them come to pick you up if at all.
Then saying you should bring the guy that sold it to you and they’ll return the phone to you, what will now happened to the original owner of the phone that told them to track it.
There’s a probability that they got your number via the IMEI , but there’s also a higher probability the seller gave his officer friend your number.
I suggest you wait one month, go back to the station, claim you want to take something from the phone to find out if the phone is still in their custody,
When buying midrange or budget phones, it’s best to buy them new.
I buy used phones, but it has to be a flagship straight from U.S, and you can always run a quick IMEI check to see if it was reported lost or stolen.
Apparently, some midrange or budget phones don’t have these features, so you have to shine your eye.
my thought as well how come the police got him chatted him up just too easy likewise the polpol guys were so civil not in this country, return a stolen phone to second hand buyer. this is questionable, what then happens to the original owner like you quarried?
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by gentleman82: 7:12am On Apr 07, 2022
The policeman.and.the seller are conniving thief's, seek an audience with the dpo of the station and explain your CAse
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by phemmyfour: 7:15am On Apr 07, 2022
Miracood2:
On getting to the police station I was told that the guy who sold the the phone stole it and they've been trying to track down the guy they couldn't but they're tracked me immediately I started using the phone.

I was asked to provide the guy who sold the phone to me () which was almost impossible to me because I don't know the guy I just met him for the first time during the phone transaction.

My dad said for permission that will come back after a week I will do our best to track the guy.
the policeman said if I can bring the guy who sold the phone to me I'll get back my phone but if I can't that will be the end of the phone.

After 6 days we went back to the police station and told them we couldn't get the guy since it was impossible to get him. Ever since the phone has been with the police and the guy I bought the phone from his number is not going through.

This is his phone number 07015951741,

His full name is Tolulope Ayinde Daniel pls refrain from him, do not engage in any form of business with him, he is not a honest person.

Link to the thread where I bought the phone
https://www.nairaland.com/7023957/sold#111341956

You mess things up when you informed him about the police case. You could have played along that you are interested in another phone or any other thing that he's willing to sell.

You have to be a mile smart ahead to catch a thief

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by DontBullshitMe: 7:17am On Apr 07, 2022
This story is fake.
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 07, 2022
phemmyfour:
You mess things up when you informed him about the police case. You could have played along that you are interested in another phone or any other thing that he's willing to sell.

I'm not interested in catching him because life is going to deal with him.

Life is going to give him to me

I don't mind dishing him what he dished to me in 30 yrs time.
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by phemmyfour: 7:28am On Apr 07, 2022
Miracood2:

Which Life? Your 30k is gone, face the reality

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by lalasticlala(m): 7:58am On Apr 07, 2022
Bodmum:
disclosing your location to a stranger is suicide. Picking a private call is a great suicide.

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by lalasticlala(m): 8:00am On Apr 07, 2022
Nawa o. Too many Scammers here. You shouldn't have bought a phone that has no receipt and pack. There are many scammers Online. One has to be very careful, for those that do online transactions.

The thief has deactivated.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by CargoExtra: 10:54am On Apr 07, 2022
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 07, 2022
Tell us his MONIKA so that experts can assist u.
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Reggaemich(m): 11:20am On Apr 07, 2022
lalasticlala:
Nawa o. Too many Scammers here. You shouldn't have bought a phone that has no receipt and pack. There are many scammers Online. One has to be very careful, for those that do online transactions.

The thief has deactivated.

The thief has deactivated

As the thief has de-activated his account

Confirms the buyer/Op is saying the truth

Scammers will meet their waterloo
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Samueltemi337(m): 11:34am On Apr 07, 2022
phemmyfour:

person way they work with police
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Samueltemi337(m): 11:35am On Apr 07, 2022
Miracood2:

you go still dey alive by that time?
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by crackhouse(m): 3:09pm On Apr 07, 2022
Wow. What a criminal.
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:11pm On Apr 07, 2022
The guy that sold the phone for you is working with the police grin
They just use the format to collect phone from you angry
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by ojonugba2014(m): 7:20am On Apr 10, 2022
Lol..... Them don use u Catch out .
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by dominique(f): 9:09am On Apr 10, 2022
That policeman is working with the criminal to defraud unsuspecting victims and somebody has to put a stop to it. Imei tracking can only track the location of a phone not the number of the person using it, you ought to have know that it's the person that sold the phone to you that gave the policeman your phone number.

I think there's a phone number or Twitter handle where you can report corrupt police officers too. Go back to the police station and meet up with the said police man for a chat, then get his details (full name, id number etc). Once you have this details, report the officer to the handle.

I'll try to Google it when I'm less busy.
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Jacku: 11:39am On Apr 10, 2022
Onyeka90210:
I sense Foul play, you gave him your location, then he claimed to track your location?
You should have blocked the line instantly, let them come to pick you up if at all.
Then saying you should bring the guy that sold it to you and they’ll return the phone to you, what will now happened to the original owner of the phone that told them to track it.
There’s a probability that they got your number via the IMEI , but there’s also a higher probability the seller gave his officer friend your number.
I suggest you wait one month, go back to the station, claim you want to take something from the phone to find out if the phone is still in their custody,
When buying midrange or budget phones, it’s best to buy them new.
I buy used phones, but it has to be a flagship straight from U.S, and you can always run a quick IMEI check to see if it was reported lost or stolen.
Apparently, some midrange or budget phones don’t have these features, so you have to shine your eye.
how do you check if the phone is reported lost with the IMEI?
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 11:40am On Feb 17, 2023
crackhouse:
Wow. What a criminal.
hahahahahaha
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
Desto010:
Seriously bro, you were very lucky for 9ja police hand .
I myself in 2020 has bought a stolen phone unaware, I was tracked to my school on campus after 1 month .

Omoo, I spent 6 days in police cell because of this phone issue.and luckily for me I was able to bring the guy who sold the phone to me .

My parents spent up to 200k before we could settled everything and finally released.

Trust me police don’t joke with stolen phone I was surprised how they allowed you go freely �
How were you tracked?
Did you receive calls or messages fromunknowm contacts?
Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Iamsane: 5:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
Tombrown3:

Lol... Speaking from experience oo.
Was scammed too this way during my university days.

Made a fake statement of result for a friend so he could go for NYSC, did about 2 jobs for him, one day I just got a call from him to come get a new job only to reach and met him in cuffs.

The police threatened me with rustication and my HOD getting to know if I don't comply, as we were in there van, we made an agreement even before reaching Station.

Long story short, I bailed myself with the total money of all the work I did for him 2x times. Cause I was naive and scared, certificate forgery is a serious case.

Till date, the guy never told me how a Nigerian police man could know that it's was a forgery certificate because I did a very good job even school Admin would baffle at the fabrication.

Took me 4 months to know he scammed me, though the police men where legit, but they all were working together.

All of you are criminals.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Iamsane: 5:33pm On Mar 28, 2023
uboma:

Can you describe the man who sold the stolen phone to you? Where did you guys meet-up for the transaction?

The mumu no go answer.

See the name of the scammer everywhere. Chai

Re: A Nairalander Sold A Stolen Phone To Me by Iamsane: 5:35pm On Mar 28, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Tecno Phantom Z Will Certainly Save Tecno Mobile / Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services / Activation Of Internet On Blackberry With Airtel Network - How Do I Go About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.