Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

ASUU STRIKE :Trade Disputes Act Makes Payment Of Salaries During Strikes Illegal - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU STRIKE :Trade Disputes Act Makes Payment Of Salaries During Strikes Illegal (907 Views)

FG, ASUU Set October Deadline For Payment Of Salaries, Allowances’ Arrears / ASUU To FG: Universities Will Be Shut Down Again Over Non-Payment Of Salaries / NUT Laments As Teachers Die Of Hunger In Kogi Due To Non-payment Of Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU STRIKE :Trade Disputes Act Makes Payment Of Salaries During Strikes Illegal by Doyin2(m): 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2022
Section 43 of the Trade Disputes Act is very clear:

43. Special provision with respect to payment of wages during strikes and lock-outs

(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act or in any other law-
(a) where any worker takes part in a strike, he shall not be entitled to any wages or
other remuneration for the period of the strike, and any such period shall not
count for the purpose of reckoning the period of continuous employment and
all rights dependent on continuity of employment shall be prejudicially affected accordingly; and

I am not attacking ASUU's decision to go on strike, but please, the law is the law that must be obeyed!

There is no other legal or constitutional provisions against this law.

The constitution only approves right to peaceful assembly and also emphasises freedom of movement. Interestingly, the constitution never mentioned protest.

No constitutional provision for strikes and forcing people to join strike is absolutely unconstitutional!

So government would be breaking the law by paying salaries during strikes!
Re: ASUU STRIKE :Trade Disputes Act Makes Payment Of Salaries During Strikes Illegal by opera1(m): 4:20pm On Apr 06, 2022
Jehafutu:
This decision is harsh....the Lecturers are only fighting for their human rights

At the detriment of the students. The students pay for everything whenever there's a strike.

I think they should device other means of pressing their needs and demand rather than jeopardizing the destiny of the students.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU STRIKE :Trade Disputes Act Makes Payment Of Salaries During Strikes Illegal by Auskyd(m): 4:22pm On Apr 06, 2022
opera1:

At the detriment of the students. The students pay for everything whenever there's a strike.

I think they should device other means of pressing their needs and demand rather than jeopardizing the destiny of the students.

All the talk they have been talking since the strike was called off, what results did it yield? Have you been following the process to know if ASUU dialogued with FG or not?

Tell us yur findings lets know the way forward.
Re: ASUU STRIKE :Trade Disputes Act Makes Payment Of Salaries During Strikes Illegal by Voldoz: 10:21pm On Apr 06, 2022
Auskyd:

All the talk they have been talking since the strike was called off, what results did it yield? Have you been following the process to know if ASUU dialogued with FG or not?

Tell us yur findings lets know the way forward.

Both FG and ASUU are to be blamed, but FG has to take more of the blame cause they are very useless in this Country, as for ASUU they are same as FG they are only fighting for their own benefits cause apart from revitalization, they are failures.

Most lecturers can't teach, get upset unnecessarily, most of them are literally wicked, some chasing after female students.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU STRIKE :Trade Disputes Act Makes Payment Of Salaries During Strikes Illegal by Auskyd(m): 10:32pm On Apr 06, 2022
Voldoz:

Both FG and ASUU are to be blamed, but FG has to take more of the blame cause they are very useless in this Country, as for ASUU they are same as FG they are only fighting for their own benefits cause apart from revitalization, they are failures.

Most lecturers can't teach, get upset unnecessarily, most of them are literally wicked, some chasing after female students.

So if they don't fight for themselves how will they get better pay? How will they get better salaries? Lol do you think lecturers are paid well? The highest paid earns less than 500k. Go online and check. It's right there on the internet. The last time they increase lecturers salary was 2008 or 2009.

Same salary for close to 12 years. Lecturers dey chase woman, agreed. Which place dem no dey chase woman abeg? Shey na bank? Government office? Where?

Let them fight abeg. Fg doesn't care about anybody till you fight.

Polytechnics are joining them very soon.

Watch.
Re: ASUU STRIKE :Trade Disputes Act Makes Payment Of Salaries During Strikes Illegal by Viraltrends123: 9:53am On Apr 07, 2022
Auskyd:

So if they don't fight for themselves how will they get better pay? How will they get better salaries? Lol do you think lecturers are paid well? The highest paid earns less than 500k. Go online and check. It's right there on the internet. The last time they increase lecturers salary was 2008 or 2009.

Same salary for close to 12 years. Lecturers dey chase woman, agreed. Which place dem no dey chase woman abeg? Shey na bank? Government office? Where?

Let them fight abeg. Fg doesn't care about anybody till you fight.

Polytechnics are joining them very soon.

Watch.
Which sector worker in this country is enjoying, can't you see people are leaving other sectors to be lecturers, you think 500k per month isn't much LOL. Check the salaries of other sectors and see lecturer are enjoying. Who get sabbatical leave, who go on holidays like lecturers. After all that they still sleep with their students, and punish them wickedly. Idiot people. I just hope something very bad happen to those wicked ones amongst them.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU STRIKE :Trade Disputes Act Makes Payment Of Salaries During Strikes Illegal by Auskyd(m): 10:09am On Apr 07, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Which sector worker in this country is enjoying, can't you see people are leaving other sectors to be lecturers, you think 500k per month isn't much LOL. Check the salaries of other sectors and see lecturer are enjoying. Who get sabbatical leave, who go on holidays like lecturers. After all that they still sleep with their students, and punish them wickedly. Idiot people. I just hope something very bad happen to those wicked ones amongst them.

Not going to argue with you guy. Believe what you want. Professors are like 3% of the entire system, with the majority making less than 200k per month.

You're just bitter and I don't know why. Enjoy bro.

Stay safe
Re: ASUU STRIKE :Trade Disputes Act Makes Payment Of Salaries During Strikes Illegal by Viraltrends123: 10:23am On Apr 07, 2022
Auskyd:

Not going to argue with you guy. Believe what you want. Professors are like 3% of the entire system, with the majority making less than 200k per month.

You're just bitter and I don't know why. Enjoy bro.

Stay safe
Lecturer II: Earns between N137,459 to N164,970 monthly , lecturer I earn like 170k-240k per month. Stop use lies to attract pity.

1 Like

Re: ASUU STRIKE :Trade Disputes Act Makes Payment Of Salaries During Strikes Illegal by Auskyd(m): 10:30am On Apr 07, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Lecturer II: Earns between N137,459 to N164,970 monthly , lecturer I earn like 170k-240k per month. Stop use lies to attract pity.

So 170k a month since 2008 is good money for you? You've forgotten a good 10% of the money goes to tax, insurance and other things?

Lmao can't blame you Sha. You never see money nor have responsibility.

Na why your mouth dey sweet to yarn.

Say na attract pity. I look like lecturer for your eye? No go hustle, dey look for lecturer salaries and who dey sleep with students.

Well done .
Re: ASUU STRIKE :Trade Disputes Act Makes Payment Of Salaries During Strikes Illegal by Viraltrends123: 10:42am On Apr 07, 2022
Auskyd:

So 170k a month since 2008 is good money for you? You've forgotten a good 10% of the money goes to tax, insurance and other things?

Lmao can't blame you Sha. You never see money nor have responsibility.

Na why your mouth dey sweet to yarn.

Say na attract pity. I look like lecturer for your eye? No go hustle, dey look for lecturer salaries and who dey sleep with students.

Well done .
Abeg shift, why you come dey argue as if you know wetin you dey talk. For your information, I removed the tax etc. The salaries I mentioned up there are net salaries, if they are not satisfied they should go and work in nepa office. How much are recruits getting, people that lay down their lives for us, they get like 60k starting salaries, after like 40 years, their salary cannot pass 170k. They don't pay tax too, or they don't have families. If anyone should be disturbing us with strike lecturers should be the lasssssst people that would complain. They are doing like oga because the government is taking them serious, just like those ipob. If the government ignore them and treat them like criminals they are, then they will understand that it's not by gragra
Re: ASUU STRIKE :Trade Disputes Act Makes Payment Of Salaries During Strikes Illegal by Auskyd(m): 10:45am On Apr 07, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Abeg shift, why you come dey argue as if you know wetin you dey talk. For your information, I removed the tax etc. The salaries I mentioned up there are net salaries, if they are not satisfied they should go and work in nepa office. How much are recruits getting, people that lay down their lives for us, they get like 60k starting salaries, after like 40 years, their salary cannot pass 170k. They don't pay tax too, or they don't have families. If anyone should be disturbing us with strike lecturers should be the lasssssst people that would complain. They are doing like oga because the government is taking them serious, just like those ipob. If the government ignore them and treat them like criminals they are, then they will understand that it's not by gragra

Lol make I enter street go hustle abeg.

Stay there dey calculate lecturers salary. Use this energy call off strike nah. You're wasting your talent here.

You go grow bear bear for house lmao. Dey look for lecturer salary and girlfriends upandan

(1) (Reply)

Common Mistakes: Differentiate Between Quit, Quiet & Quite And Being & Been / It Has Just Began / Hort New Unijos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.