Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments (2308 Views)

What Happened To Programming? / New To Programming! / An Introduction To Programming Using C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments by austin4real(m): 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2011
Pls i want to start learning about programming and i need an online tutor, what are the basics i have to understand, also i want to undertake the course CCNA, wat should i be prepared for
Re: I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments by Fayimora(m): 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2011
CCNA or programming
Re: I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments by austin4real(m): 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2011
Which ever is simple and basic to learn.
Re: I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments by Fayimora(m): 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2011
Dunno which is but i can say you should go for programming. CCNA can come later.
Re: I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments by talk2hb1(m): 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2011
Its like you are still confused, about which one to go for first. If you are considering programming read my blog at www.blog.cogent-concept.com before you pick programming as a career.
SANJUMA
Re: I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments by Nov1ce(m): 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2011
@Austin4real
Hello, I know that feeling when you just want to learn everything but truth be said, you cannot combine CCNA and programming at the same time unless u dont plan (in my opinion) while programming can be adopted a an everyday skill. And I'll gladly be available to coach you online. I kinda have a few things up my sleeves.
By the way, I use Java, VB.NET. I also have basic skills in C, C++ and Android. You should google these languages up but I'll advice C/C++ for beginners.
Re: I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments by skydancer: 7:45am On Jul 12, 2011
Nov1ce:

@Austin4real
Hello, I know that feeling when you just want to learn everything but truth be said, you cannot combine CCNA and programming at the same time unless u dont plan (in my opinion) while programming can be adopted a an everyday skill. And I'll gladly be available to coach you online. I kinda have a few things up my sleeves.
By the way, I use Java, VB.NET. I also have basic skills in C, C++ and Android. You should google these languages up but I'll advice C/C++ for beginners.
If I will add something, I'd say, before you decide to learn anything, decide firmly on the reason why you want to. I learnt programming because I wanted to create a program that could do a few things myself, develop a sense of purpose and your confusion will disappear instantly coz the world is overflowing with information.
Re: I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments by lakefist(m): 10:21pm On Jul 12, 2011
pls i want to be a programmer dats why i love to join d family of programmers on nairaland, although i know computer but i want to go beyond just operating a computer, i will love a tutorial inform of a ebook dat i can start wit and if am confused i can come here and ask questions
Re: I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments by skydancer: 2:15am On Jul 13, 2011
Re: I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments by Fayimora(m): 3:14am On Jul 13, 2011
lakefist:

pls i want to be a programmer dats why i love to join d family of programmers on nairaland, although i know computer but i want to go beyond just operating a computer, i will love a tutorial inform of a ebook dat i can start wit and if am confused i can come here and ask questions
You need to decide what exactly you want to do. Do you want to develop desktop applications? do you want to develop websites? do you want to be a database programmer? do you want to be a mobile developer, be it iphone android or Java. I won't advise you generalise yourself as its a risky step. Now when you choose one, you can have a focus and then others can follow as "extra knowledge" and with time you gain good skills in another stuff and move to the next. You next task is to sit down(pls dnt just reply without thinking) and think about what you want to do. If its web design/development, fine. You learn, learn learn, practice practice. lol. Now at the very least, you would then be proficient with web development and then, should you decide to try out software design or something else. CS is very broad and you really dnt want to be someone dats just general without a focus.

If you really are serious then here are a few steps you might consider, you can add to them as well as remove or even ignore everything. Its all up to you.

Take 3 days out.
--->  On day 1 make a list of all the things you would like to be proficient in(web, game dev, software dev, animation/graphics and so on). Dont just list but take time to think. group small parts together. Drops of water make an ocean.

---> On day 2, sort your list in order of priority, i mean put the most important stuffs at the top and the less important should fall below. This is a very critical step so you should take your time doing it. Rome was not built in a day.

--->  On day 3 you do the most important part, the final decision. You should have a list of at least 5 and max 10 stuffs sorted in order of priority. From that list you need to keep filtering out less important things. You may think its all about removing stuffs from the bottom of the list but NO. Take that list and keep filtering out things until you have just 3 left. Those 3 things are what you want(at least 70% accurate). Then you can only know what you are fully interested in and trust me, you would make it.

The very main reason why I am giving you these steps is because, in CS you must appreciate what you are doing. If you really do appreciate what you are doing, you would learn to learn. Sounds lame but its the fact. You need to know how to learn before learning. You need to have a strategy. In CS, I believe the number 1 strategy is appreciating what you are doing. If you don't appreciate what you are doing then you are so going to be LOST!

I think am gonna have to stop here before i turn this thread into a blog.

Wish you good luck anyways and any other person in his shoes!
Re: I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments by lakefist(m): 4:13am On Jul 14, 2011
java to be precise
Re: I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments by Fayimora(m): 4:22am On Jul 14, 2011
Am sure i stressed that you have 3 days, lol Am currently screen-casting some nice grin java tutorials, hang on and hey u stil have 2 days
Re: I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments by austin4real(m): 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2011
tHANK U FAYIMORA, REALLY APPRECIATE THE CONCERN, CURRENTLY FOLLOWING THE STEPS U GAVE ME. IREALLY FOUND IT HELPFUL THANKS
Re: I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments by Fayimora(m): 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2011
My pleasure
Re: I Am New To Programming, What Are The Rudiments by sisqology(m): 2:46am On Jul 17, 2011
so, ?

(1) (Reply)

Best Of Both Worlds: HTML5 Mobile Web Vs Native Apps / Urgent Question About APTECH / Tesseract Hotel Management System For Windows PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.