Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,150 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Bet9ja Has Crashed!? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bet9ja Has Crashed!? (5132 Views)

I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. / Bet9ja Has Ruined My Life, I Staked With N450,000 See The Result / Bet9ja Has Stolen From Me, Please Help Me!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by wirinet(m): 12:40pm On Apr 07, 2022
Mooh247:

DDOS attack won't even allow the index file and homepage load... The site still displays the html page created for maintenance related issues so a crash or DDOS attack is off the table

They could move the domain to a different server or format the same server and then restore the last back up files. I suspect this is what they are doing. They have terabytes of files and so restoring might take days to complete.

3 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by Mooh247: 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2022
wirinet:

They could move the domain to a different server or format the same server and then restore the last back up files. I suspect this is what they are doing. They have terabytes of files and so restoring might take days to complete.

Host like Whogohost only run a backup once every week.. if that's the case with the host of bet9ja then datas saved after the last backup update might be lost... Especially people's deposit record and long term stakes made over the week

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by AchalugoNwa(f): 12:52pm On Apr 07, 2022
Mooh247:

Host like Whogohost only run a backup once every week.. if that's the case with the host of bet9ja then datas saved after the last backup update might be lost... Especially people's deposit record and long term stakes made over the week

omo oooo
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by wirinet(m): 1:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
Mooh247:

A company as big as bet9ja will run and manage their own servers. I am sure they will back up at least once a day or even twice a day.

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by Mooh247: 1:11pm On Apr 07, 2022
wirinet:

A company as big as bet9ja will run and manage their own servers. I am sure they will back up at least once a day or even twice a day.

Hopefully, if not it won't be funny
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by wirinet(m): 1:18pm On Apr 07, 2022
Mooh247:

Hopefully, if not it won't be funny
A who.is search of the bet9ja domain reveals 3 different servers, 2 in US and 1 in Amsterdam. I am sure one might even be a mirror that simultaneously back up the site

2 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by Mooh247: 1:26pm On Apr 07, 2022
wirinet:

A who.is search of the bet9ja domain reveals 3 different servers, 2 in US and 1 in Amsterdam. I am sure one might even be a mirror that simultaneously back up the site

Not sure about Bet9ja but many smaller betting company use integrate API of betconstruct gaming platform on their website and betconstruct also keeps a copy of all transactions
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by shalomm: 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2022
Mooh247:

DDOS attack won't even allow the index file and homepage load... The site still displays the html page created for maintenance related issues so a crash or DDOS attack is off the table

That's just a shell. I am a website designer. Please if you don't know something just keep quiet. Only shop.bet9ja.com display the shell. Bet9ja.com doesn't display anything. Thanks. You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by Benwallt(m): 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
At least 5h bonus go fall out to customers after the excercise
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:49pm On Apr 07, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Sportybet sure me die..
The niggar below me though...not your fault..humans hate what they don't understand
Gambling is good..even the life we are living now is Gambling...because our tomorrow is never guaranteed
For everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which Gambling is among

A big shout to all my fellow Gambler, high rollers, stakers, risk takers and pundits

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by LordofNaija: 2:24pm On Apr 07, 2022
grin
Mooh247:

wirinet:

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by Bornbiafra: 2:26pm On Apr 07, 2022
LordofNaija:
I have some substantial money in there, what is my fate?
that's the major challenges bet9ja is passing through now.... recovering the funds ..

You won't recover it ....next time save your money with bank wey you know the address and office
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by AKWATGOLD1(m): 2:42pm On Apr 07, 2022
What of Full House Wife?
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by wagazala: 2:53pm On Apr 07, 2022
Bornbiafra:
Bet9ja was developed by the Italians and aided by one idiot called kunle soname..

They are ripping Nigerians..

Have you seen the lifestyle Italians are living
At the expense of our youths future

The Italians are ripping Nigerians just like the Chinese are ripping Nigerians with loan app..

If Federal government don't want to interfere then almighty God will interfere..

It's a taboo in Islamic and Christian Life to gamble...

But they sell raffle tickets in your Church bazaar?

3 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by Tonytonex(m): 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2022
How comes this thing is not even trending. And it's not even on front page.
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by Tonytonex(m): 3:00pm On Apr 07, 2022
Bornbiafra:
that's the major challenges bet9ja is passing through now.... recovering the funds ..

You won't recover it ....next time save your money with bank wey you know the address and office
LOL. Why are you scaring the guy? Nothing is gonna happen to his money. It'll be restored today.
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by Tonytonex(m): 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2022
Kilometres:
It has been 24 hours now that the number 1 Nigeria betting company's website has been down

So many pundits and people who depend on them for business have been left aura of uncertainty and anxiety.

We hope they come back stronger because thousands depend on them as means of livelihood...either as staff, retail shop or even the food vendors around the corners.

NB
Hope the funds in accounts are safe oooo
nothing will happen to their money. Other betting companies too, do experiences such situations. though, their own doesn't take that long.
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by Tonytonex(m): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
Tombrown3:

let me not go much into how this works so as not to confuse you.

When a server side of website is hacked, some of its algorithm might be altered, eg: the algorithm that checks if a game plays over 1.5 or not. When this is altered, you can reprogram the outcome to suit your need!

Imagine hacking a bet site, then go to the virtual football and reprogram the outcomes of the virtual match to play over 4.5 from 1 to 10. Then you play it with 20k, how much will it give you? Now do this like 20times and see how much you've made. (that's how they got money from their bank account, because bet pays you when you win)

The withdrawal is very simple, since they now have the right to grant themselves "withdraw approval" which was another way the betting sites use to check for errors and know if you genuinely won the money you are about to withdraw.

Bros, na long story, but it can happen oo, I swear!
Wow! Thanks alot for the break down. This is huge oh. I hope it's not so.
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by Tonytonex(m): 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2022
osy77:

The jobs they have created nko...shey e go bad for one person make e for good for another person abi
you dey mind that one. Some people are one-sided thinkers. Monologue.

1 Like

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 3:39pm On Apr 07, 2022
I won the correct scores of chelsea vs madrid, because of site crashed i no sleep till day break, hope i will still get paid shaa, 274k no be small money ooo.
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by adogbeji14: 4:23pm On Apr 07, 2022
LordofNaija:
I have some substantial money in there, what is my fate?
100 % sure. You will get ur money back in your bet account. Probably with some compensation bonus. Bet9ja the only trust worthy company in Nigeria.
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by wirinet(m): 5:09pm On Apr 07, 2022
Tombrown3:

let me not go much into how this works so as not to confuse you.

When a server side of website is hacked, some of its algorithm might be altered, eg: the algorithm that checks if a game plays over 1.5 or not. When this is altered, you can reprogram the outcome to suit your need!

Imagine hacking a bet site, then go to the virtual football and reprogram the outcomes of the virtual match to play over 4.5 from 1 to 10. Then you play it with 20k, how much will it give you? Now do this like 20times and see how much you've made. (that's how they got money from their bank account, because bet pays you when you win)

The withdrawal is very simple, since they now have the right to grant themselves "withdraw approval" which was another way the betting sites use to check for errors and know if you genuinely won the money you are about to withdraw.

Bros, na long story, but it can happen oo, I swear!

Highly unlikely with bet9ja. First the maximum winnings in virtual sports is N1 million, except jackpot. Secondly, there are hundreds of thousands playing virtual at any one time, such discrepancy would easily have been brought to the notice of the administrators. Thirdly, money withdrawals pass through a rigorous process (except you are an agent). It usually takes 1 to 2 days for winnings to progress. Fourthly, before you are allowed to withdraw, you bank account and phone number must be verified.

This kind of attack can only be carried out with the aid of a team of insiders from both site administrators and account officers.

I suspect a virus or a ransomeware attack. I doubt it has anything to do with their physical bank account.

3 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by Dim08: 5:26pm On Apr 07, 2022
somebody wan collect wotowoto

Interesting

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by Authoreety: 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2022
Na wa...

Hackers on the prowl
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by shalomm: 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2022
It has been confirmed as I said earlier, bet9ja was hacked. I got the information 24hr ago before the official statement.
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by wirinet(m): 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
As I suspected it was a ransomeware by Russian hackers. They are demanding for 340 million dollars to reopen bet9ja.

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by Rickmann: 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2022
Bornbiafra:
Better for Nigerian youth...

Do you know how many youth that has been saved from their bondage..

If only Govt will ban all them...

So many suicide is caused by them

So many recked home is caused by them

Let's all pray they don't come back again

I hope you have jobs to engage the millions of youths with..
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by bigruki: 6:41pm On Apr 07, 2022
As suspected. stil have some funds in my account but in the meantime I have ported to Livescore bet. e be like na 250% welcome bonus. abeg any other operator offering more?
wirinet:
As I suspected it was a ransomeware by Russian hackers. They are demanding for 340 million dollars to reopen bet9ja.

1 Like

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by wirinet(m): 6:52pm On Apr 07, 2022
bigruki:
As suspected. stil have some funds in my account but in the meantime I have ported to Livescore bet. e be like na 250% welcome bonus. abeg any other operator offering more?
The 250% welcome bonus na bait. The conditions for withdrawals if you win with it are near impossible.
Read the terms and conditions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by guobe: 7:36pm On Apr 07, 2022
The hack of bet9ja website is a monumental disaster for the bet9ja team.I heard they have lost about 11 billion naira in two days of non operation.most hackers do demand payment in bitcoin cryptocurrency as ransom.Left for me they should pay the ransom as they loose guarded.A big company getting such money should have the best tech brains protecting their system firewalls but an average Naija company is not ready to spend,they will use paddy paddy and put their brothers and sisters everywhere who knows little or nothing.Their cup of tea.

3 Likes

Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by Bornbiafra: 7:53pm On Apr 07, 2022
guobe:
The hack of bet9ja website is a monumental disaster for the bet9ja team.I heard they have lost about 11 billion naira in two days of non operation.most hackers do demand payment in bitcoin cryptocurrency as ransom.Left for me they should pay the ransom as they loose guarded.A big company getting such money should have the best tech brains protecting their system firewalls but an average Naija company is not ready to spend,they will use paddy paddy and put their brothers and sisters everywhere who knows little or nothing.Their cup of tea.
when online companies want to japa they will say they have been hacked....

If you believe it then your sense should be in doubt...

This is the end of bet9ja
Re: Bet9ja Has Crashed!? by Izprince(m): 8:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
The beginning of the end of bet9ja... RIP bet9ja. Thank God, virtual has done more harm than good.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seven English Clubs Battling To Sign Striker Macauley Chrisantus / Nigerian Wins Over 500m On Bet9ja / See The NTA Camera Men Covering The Match Between Nigeria Vs Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.