Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,586 members, 7,837,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

How Can I Improve Calling Network In The Office - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Improve Calling Network In The Office (291 Views)

How To Make The Receiver Pay For All Your Calls,on Any Network In Nigeria. / Ahmed Indimi: Glo Is The Most Useless Network In Nigeria / Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Improve Calling Network In The Office by Deeez: 8:53am On Apr 07, 2022
I work in an office that usually has bad network for calls, mainly with airtel. It is a storey building. Upstairs has good network but downstairs is where the problem is at. Stepping out of the office works but everyone can't be leaving the office just to make calls. Making calls, either the recipient won't hear you or there will be crackling noises during the call. I'm in the ICT dept so I'm trying to find a solution. A network booster was installed but it only improved it by 10%. How can I solve this issue because it's becoming more problematic.
Re: How Can I Improve Calling Network In The Office by DoctorOlasDesk: 8:55am On Apr 07, 2022
Is the building close to a bank ?

This is strange. Works up, doesn't work well down stairs.
Re: How Can I Improve Calling Network In The Office by Deeez: 9:05am On Apr 07, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
Is the building close to a bank ?

This is strange. Works up, doesn't work well down stairs.
No but there are a few tall buildings around
Re: How Can I Improve Calling Network In The Office by NotBeenPaid: 9:11am On Apr 07, 2022

The tall buildings around is what’s responsible for the poor frequency you’re experiencing. Drop your network band from 4G/3G to EDGE/2G.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Improve Calling Network In The Office by nifemi25(m): 9:14am On Apr 07, 2022
Since your network is poor why don't you get another sim that Has full network as an alternative.
Re: How Can I Improve Calling Network In The Office by Deeez: 9:20am On Apr 07, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

The tall buildings around is what’s responsible for the poor frequency you’re experiencing. Drop your network band from 4G/3G to EDGE/2G.

But would that not also affect upstairs or being just 1m away form the door. The issue still persists on 2G.
Re: How Can I Improve Calling Network In The Office by NotBeenPaid: 9:52am On Apr 07, 2022
Deeez:
But would that not also affect upstairs or being just 1m away form the door. The issue still persists on 2G.

No it doesn’t, radio frequencies are usually better or improved on tall buildings. You should get another another alternative network.
Re: How Can I Improve Calling Network In The Office by Deeez: 10:52am On Apr 07, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

No it doesn’t, radio frequencies are usually better or improved on tall buildings. You should get another another alternative network.
That is being considered, to port everyone to mtn but calling with mtn is 50:50 but still better than airtel.

(1) (Reply)

Universal Mifi / Need A Low-end Phone With Budget Of 25k / Galaxy Tab S3 32GB Wi-Fi.... SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.