Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,716 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Why Today Should Be A Lucky Day For The Sick - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Today Should Be A Lucky Day For The Sick (153 Views)

See Why Yesterday Should Be A Lucky Day For The Sick / Why Today Should Be A Lucky Day For The Sick / Eko Telemed: Lagos Launches Online Medication Platform For The Sick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Today Should Be A Lucky Day For The Sick by marenx: 1:33pm On Apr 07, 2022
Why Today Should Be a Lucky Day for the Sick

April 7, 2022

I know most people don't know why today is so special. That's why I'm here to tell you the reason plus what we should do.

For many years, I dream of becoming a writer to represent a certain group of people. And now, because today is International Health Day, I'm talking about caring for the sick.

But before I proceed, below is a white space left for me and you to observe a minute silence for those who died untimely.

May their souls rest in peace.
Again, may their souls rest in peace.

If you haven't known why today is a special day, today is a special day because it's International Health Day, a day for every member-state of World Health Organisation to focus on health issues. Remember that COVID-19 is the most alarming issue today but, apart from terrorism, hunger, natural disaster and accidents, malaria fiver, typhoid, diabetes, hepatitis, breast cancer, etc are silently killing Nigerians at home and in the hospital.

Those who died have died but those who are struggling to recover needs us by their side, especially us who usually forget to care for the sick.

When I visited Jos University Teaching Hospital last year, I knew that many sick people need our help. From Jos city to Jos University Teaching Hospital, transport fare alone is something sucking let alone feeding and hospital bills. I saw some recovered patience begging for money.

Someone whose leg had fractures made us and said any amount we gave can help. And most public general hospitals you visit in Nigeria the story is the same: the sick need our presence, need our financial support and need to hear us say: "You'll soon recover and continue your good life."

And doing what they need is giving them hope, and giving them hope is what we should be doing.

My quote for this post is from Dr. Lissa Rankin, a physician, healer, author, artist, speaker, visionary, mystic, and activist:

"Sometimes we forget when people are sick or hurt that what they most need is to feel connected, to be loved, to be touched."

I stopped here now. Thanks for the reading. Give the sick hope today.

As a nairalander, I wrote this article and it's first published here.

(1) (Reply)

Knowing Your HIV Status Gives You Power / Non Obstuctive Azoospermia Treatment / Nutritional Control Of Hypertension World Hypertension Day 2022: How To Manage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.