Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) (225246 Views)

My Interview Experience With A Banking Firm / My Interview Experience / My Job Interview Experience Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by hausawa1: 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2011
Hi,
For me i believe the process is still on-going. And at the end some candidate will get through (i hope to be included). But i am also not going to reapplay for job with nnpc should this process is cancelled.
My advice is let,s be patience and keep praying.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Favourdone: 2:19pm On Oct 25, 2011
God is d only one dat will help us in Nigeria. I am still wondering wat d hold up is really all about. If we truly knew d battles dat are being fought just because of God's Favor,
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by SilaV: 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2011
Favourdone:

God is d only one dat will help us in Nigeria. I am still wondering wat d hold up is really all about. If we truly knew d battles dat are being fought just because of God's Favor,

Well said pal and welcome on board; I can see that you just registered because this is your first post.Once again welcome on board and God bless you,hope to shake hands at Training venue if God says YES.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Obinoscopy(m): 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2011
SilaV:

Hope all the hopefuls are doing great in their respective locations accross the globe! This recruitment exercise,believe me, needs a lot of prayers and I am happy that a fellow forumite,Patorin,had earlier mentioned something related to that.

The information going round in other jobsites,like naijahotjobs, is not really interesting to share.Two of the few respected forumites with correct information ,JesusArmy and Animonte(who is also a forumite here), have released the 'balistic missile'
Sorry, I likened the information to a balistic missile because of its effects on the mind othe hopefuls.The short story is just that the whole recruitment exercise has been put on hold again, reason(s) yet unknown.However some other forumites(at naijahotjobs) are of different view claiming that the 'reliable sources' told them that the process still on going, while others without 'reliable sources ' are professing their faith that God,the Almighty will not allow any man to do such things and as such hopefuls should be expecting their letters between 28 October and 4th November, and letters might even roll out before then.

Now, my personal thought and prayer is that this process,no matter how long it takes, would see the light of the day and will not end up like that of 2008.I have a suggestion to make here: should we register with just an ID(not our real names and contacts) on fa cebook so that will can write to Mr. President and politely express our feelings about this exercise.I mean we can be civic,courteous(not hurling out insult or any language that can be considered vulgar) and write on his wall praying that he interveins personally so that the political and NNPC 'vultures' will not eat our labour.Hey guys, we have dedicated a lot for this process.What happens to the time we used to apply, prepare for the test, travel from within or outside the country to the test venues across the nation, the time we used to prepare and attend the interview,the money spent for all these and above all,the hopes and aspirations after the interview? Yes NNPC,if you ask me,is not the end of the world as some(bitter truth) might not even be called for training at the end of the day,but what we are sayingis that let the process be concluded and allow the best brains(on quota basis )to get the job.On these note,I enjoin my fellow hopefuls to make their comments,criticisms and contributions to what I have written. It is hightime some of us left the spectators seat and write out our ideas.Yes,I know that some of us are already gainfully employed or managing with one firm or the other(including myself:I work with a FMCG multinational),but that does not mean we should not forge ahead if we see a better alternative.Those who(hopefuls) are not yet registered should do so please so that they can enjoy theprivilege of making posts and airing their views.
Contributions,comments,suggestions and criticisms are welcome please.God bless you all.

@SilaV,
Welldone, thats a very nice suggestion. Its a good move and I think we need to create a special awareness for that in nairaland and naijahotjobs before we take it to facebook. I suggest you spearhead the project, I'm totally behind you on this one and I'm sure the others will also buy this idea.

Regards
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by JahMan1: 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2011
When is October 29?
NLs, they cannot cancel this process.
Pray Until Something Happens = P.U.S.H.!

1 Like

Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by hausawa1: 7:04pm On Oct 25, 2011
Hello,
In other places social media greatly impact societies. Why not here in nigeria? We are lucky mr. President has more than one account in twitter alone. That is to show how much he care for the nigerians.
Using social media on our case will definitely yeald a result.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by SilaV: 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2011
Obinoscopy:

@SilaV,
Welldone, thats a very nice suggestion. Its a good move and I think we need to create a special awareness for that in nairaland and naijahotjobs before we take it to facebook. I suggest you spearhead the project, I'm totally behind you on this one and I'm sure the others will also buy this idea.

Regards

Thanks a bunch Obinoscopy and others. The special awareness, I think , does not require the opening of a new thread again.I believe many NNPC hopefuls do check this thread but only decided to play the spectators' role.Now, I believethat if we can all(the hopefuls) agree to create a new facebook identity(not revealing our real identity for obvious reasons) and storm Mr, President's wall with passionate pleas and reasonable write ups void of abusive language,I believe he will pay attention to us.In fact,by the time he receives more than 200 messages on his wall per day on the same issue(NNPC recruitment), he will oder for an investigation.
Personally,I have created a new FB ID and on or before Thursday,my message will be obvious on his wall.
I will also try to make this similar sugesstion on naijahotjobs and see the response of the forumite there; but then,we can start doing something as time is of high essence here.
Suggestions,contributions and criticsms are welcome,please.God bless you all.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by owee: 8:24am On Oct 26, 2011
Thumbs up guys. I think this is a good initiative as it will bring this recruitment imbroglio to the attention of the president or the powers that be which could ultimately lead to an official statement from NNPC.
I still don't understand why an institution as big as NNPC can not complete a recruitment exercise in record time. However, I would suggest that folks have an open mind about the outcome of the process so as to reduce unnecessary stress and anxiety. Aall is well!
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Obinoscopy(m): 2:23pm On Oct 26, 2011
@SilaV
I'll create a new facebook id for that purpose and I recomend all others do the same. I also suggest we open a group page on facebook where we can interact and make comments. That group on facebook can also comment on GEJ's wall. SilaV, I suggest you create the group and let us know of it.

Regards
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by SilaV: 10:58pm On Oct 26, 2011
@Obinoscopy and others, I want to suggest that we wait till Friday next week(4th November,2011). I am making this suggestion because of the latest info going round now that the process is still on course but the letters are awaiting approval.Some hopefuls even said that they were sure that letters will be out on or before 4th November.Anything outside 4th November,then we can start sending our SOS messages to Mr.President's wall.It is also good to tell us that some hopefuls are of the opinion that the NNPC is passing through a turbulent waters as at present: issue of probe by the national Assembly,fuel subsidy,payment of debt,among others.These issues ,they believe ,are partly responsible for the delay in concluding the recruitment process.Let us just be hopeful and give the maximum best to our present jobs(for those of us that are already working) or continue the searching operation, as the case may be.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Kingoba(m): 10:04am On Oct 27, 2011
@silaV, I think i bought ur idea because so many people would want this exercise to be cancelled. Let us not add fuel to the flame. we will make it no matter how long it takes.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Foxy1: 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked!! Na wah! I can understand being optimistic, but you guys are taking this recruitment thing tooo personal! wait first, what if after everything y'all werent shortlisted?! (GOD FORBID abi? grin grin, ) Berra wake up and smell the akara!!
What is this talk about awareness GEJ's wall et al? Because of NNPC work? better start looking up Guardian and other dailies for more realistic job openings and apply to have a PLAN A! Yes, cos NNPC is plan B! Jeez people! angry
NNPC aint the end oh!! Small small una! tongue
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Obinoscopy(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2011
Foxy, cool down. Jeez it seems you've got serious beef with the NNPC hopefuls. Are you sure you're not one of those who did not make it to the interview phase?

Furthermore whats make you think that all the hopefuls here are not gainfully employed somewhere else? There's nothing wrong making comments as regards the NNPC and those comments will not prevent them from seeking jobs in more lucrative offers elsewhere.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Foxy1: 10:07pm On Oct 27, 2011
Obinoscopy:

Foxy, cool down. Jeez it seems you've got serious beef with the NNPC hopefuls. Are you sure you're not one of those who did not make it to the interview phase?

Furthermore whats make you think that all the hopefuls here are not gainfully employed somewhere else? There's nothing wrong making comments as regards the NNPC and those comments will not prevent them from seeking jobs in more lucrative offers elsewhere.
gringringrin

Mr. Obinoscopy, I applied and was at abuja for the interview just like the rest of una. I guess that makes me a hopeful too.
I am not here to trade words with any one. We just need to calm down, Of what use is it exhausting the energy u should be saving for celebration on anxiety? Let's just be patient and keep praying. What will be will be.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by jackpot(f): 1:15pm On Oct 28, 2011
I'm not an inch bothered cos I don't wanna think about what'll happen if I got this one. I don't see myself resigning from my present job, but then who knows? It would then boil down to choosing between job fulfilment and extra-pay
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by bebrief(m): 3:23pm On Oct 28, 2011
Guys, expect your letters by early next month! First class information. Four best candidates will be picked from each state. The highest from Anambra state scored about 94 points at the interview, forgot his name but he read Mechanical Engineering. This is the much I know, please don't ask me so much questions.

Good luck!
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by SilaV: 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2011
bebrief:

Guys, expect your letters by early next month! First class information. Four best candidates will be picked from each state. The highest from Anambra state scored about 94 points at the interview, forgot his name but he read Mechanical Engineering. This is the much I know, please don't ask me so much questions.

Good luck!

Good job,brother.Thanks for sharing this info.I would be very glad if you would permit me to disagree with you on a particular aspect of this info: that only four candidates will be picked per state.My stance on this issue is not based on the fact that I know anybody at the Towers who is giving me info, but on common sense.Now, let's take a look at this;if only four candiadtes are picked per state,it then means that 148(less than 200 and about 3.02% of the total interviewed candidates) candidates will be employed.I believe that a federal government parastatal like NNPC will never do that.Besides the 'four' you mentioned did not specify whether for each job category(GT, OP,EH and CE), 4 candidates will be picked.Now,let us assume that 4 candidates will be picked for each of the job category ,it means 16 candidate will be pikced per state including the FCT,meaning that 592 candidates will emerge( less that 600 and about 12.08 % of interviewees).This NNPC recruitment is meant to accomodate at[b] least 1000[/b] candidates because it was a massive recruitment and much money has been spent on the exercise, they will view it as being waste of resources to recruit such a few number of candidates. Besides,remember that 2008 recuitmant was cancelled; meaning that the last time they recruited was 2006, hence there is tendency that that they absorb at least 20.04%(about 1000) of the interviewees.
Once again,thanks for your info,it is really appreciated.If my brother,bebrief,won't say I am 'asking too much',I would have asked him to tell us the specific week of the month of November we should be expecting the letters. I might be very wrong in my analysis, but I believe time is a senior factor here:it will tell.The most important thing is that we should pray that the process is concluded successfully without any interference from the 'bigwigs'. My sincere prayer is that irrespective of the number of candidates to be selected we, the forumites(both the 'contributors' and those that that read comment every second without saying anything), shall be considered good for the job and we shall all shake hands at the training ground even as we reveal our identities.Shalom.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by ndi7(m): 5:53pm On Oct 28, 2011
Hi All,

Perhaps i am one of those in the background; just reading and never making any comment.
but at this point i must contribute.

I want to believe @bebrief.

Check out this:
1. Dec 2010 the application for this process was closed
2. 3 months after (March) we got called for the aptitude
3. 3 months after (June) we got letters for the interview
4. And now i believe in 3 months fromt he close of the interviews should be November.

Looks like they work with the number 3,

It could really be next week.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Obinoscopy(m): 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2011
@ all

BeBrief might be right and then again he might be wrong. Lets just keep an open mind so that one doesn't end up committing suicide if not successful.

Nevertheless, I wish you all the best in endeavors and may Gods will be fulfilled in your life.

Regards
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by unclesly: 8:16am On Oct 29, 2011
Pls houz I'm new here. I want 2 no if dis nnpc stuff is going 2 complete dis yr. I culd rememma that I was told during that as soon as ranking n selection is complete, dose that scale thru woud b contacted. But lo, now am confuse.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by unclesly: 8:21am On Oct 29, 2011
Lest I 4get U must kno dat recruitment by our law mus'nt exceed 1 yr. But luk what is happening, it's so certain that we are heading 2 foul d law.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Obinoscopy(m): 6:10am On Oct 30, 2011
@mikeamas, you are on your own . . . . lol
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by unclesly: 11:06am On Oct 30, 2011
Hey guyz, am doubting d info reaching me as regards this recruitment. I pray it neva becom true. See if U can pray very hard. I mean it. My source is in HR in one of d subsidiaries.
Bros n Sis, it saddens me alot n I hope it not materialise. He said many pple perform creditably @ d interview, but NNPC is cash strap, n thus cant absorb all. Now dis is d problem is: some1 who scored let say 80% 'll not b absorb n anoda with 60% will. So now it's beyond performance because d baz mark was 60%.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by 4matic: 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2011
ARE YOU A CORPER OR A JOB SEEKER
NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO TO EASILY GET THE JOB OF YOUR CHOICE

YOU WILL BE SO GOOD THAT
EMPLOYERS OF LABOUR WILL BE FALLING OVER THEMSELVE TO OFFER YOU FANTASTICS EXECUYIVE JOBS
THIS IS 100% GAURANTEED. DONT DOUBT

GET THE COMPREHENSIVE MANUAL CONTAINING THE GREATEST EXECUTIVE JOB-FINDING
SECRETS AND AUTHENTIC SOURCES OF INSTANT JOBS ALMOST FOR FREE. DONT MISS THIS
GOLDEN OPPURTUNITY
IF YOU NEED THE EBOOK CONTACT ME AT, FRANKY2SYSTEM@YAHOO.COM
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by lighternote: 7:04am On Oct 31, 2011
@Silav n Obinoscopy,well done brovas.I guess I've bn a spectator for too long n ds is a good time to speak. The fb idea is nice.I suggest that instead of creating multiple fb ids that Silav shd open an fb group page titled Nnpc hopefuls,I believe many will join,make comments n fro there d page administrator can write constructive non violent non vulgar non insulting posts on Gej's wall.We aren't engaged in any negative protest and in any negative arguments with anybody. We are saying that we are determined to be men. We are determined to be people, and that we don't have to live like we are forced to live.let's take advantage of d media n fight ds go-slow in d process(bt not until 4th Nov)
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Obinoscopy(m): 9:47am On Oct 31, 2011
lighternote:

@Silav n Obinoscopy,well done brovas.I guess I've bn a spectator for too long n ds is a good time to speak. The fb idea is nice.I suggest that instead of creating multiple fb ids that Silav shd open an fb group page titled Nnpc hopefuls,I believe many will join,make comments n fro there d page administrator can write constructive non violent non vulgar non insulting posts on Gej's wall.We aren't engaged in any negative protest and in any negative arguments with anybody. We are saying that we are determined to be men. We are determined to be people, and that we don't have to live like we are forced to live.let's take advantage of d media n fight ds go-slow in d process(bt not until 4th Nov)

Well said dear. SilaV please take note.

Regards
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by unclesly: 12:30pm On Oct 31, 2011
D day of day is @ hand, and there 'll b shouts 4 joy as well as gnawing of teeth in pains n tears of disappointment. My hearty congrats 2 all those tha scaled thru all d hassle.4sure U truly deserve it, though more culd 've still succeeded. 4 those that touth dey 've influence shame on dem because majority of d successful no nobody. Yes hear me well, many dat depended on big political power 'll not believe it. Once again, congrats 2 of U.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by lonamy: 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2011
unclesly:

D day of day is @ hand, and there 'll b shouts 4 joy as well as gnawing of teeth in pains n tears of disappointment. My hearty congrats 2 all those tha scaled thru all d hassle.4sure U truly deserve it, though more culd 've still succeeded. 4 those that touth dey 've influence shame on dem because majority of d successful no nobody. Yes hear me well, many dat depended on big political power 'll not believe it. Once again, congrats 2 of U.

Uncle Sly, tell me something. I dey hear you but e be like say I no hear am well. You mean sey dem don finish the sort listing and you have seen the list.
Please uncle, make it clearer, they will send the letters this week?

God bless you as you do so.

LOL, shout of joy.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by unclesly: 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2011
Be prepared , d training 4 gt might b taking place in warri( PTI) or Kaduna(KADPOLY). Negotiation is still on going as regards venue.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by unclesly: 12:55pm On Oct 31, 2011
Ranking was completed about a two weeks ago. It was d modality 4 selection as regards d no_ per state was delaying all dis while. I must d niger/delta states hav upper hand in it. But one I tell U is that all GT n OP is based on merit. It was on EH n CE that PCL n d Minister soft pedalled 4 nnpc top mgt. Once again congrats 2 those that made it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (30) (Reply)

PwC Graduate Recruitment 2019 / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 / WHYTE CLEON Aptitude Test And Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.