Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) - Jobs/Vacancies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) (225247 Views)

My Interview Experience With A Banking Firm / My Interview Experience / My Job Interview Experience Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Plutarch: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
@unclesly,
This is a gud news from u but one that will make pple nervous. Do u know d number to be taken per state? Pls reply
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Obinoscopy(m): 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2011
Even the DPR hopefuls who claim they've seen their names at FCC have not collected their appointment letters yet.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Plutarch: 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2011
I hate it when pple talk about DPR whenever anything NNPC is being discussed. They r different bodies with diff mgt n mission.

Erasproserve is conducting DPR while PCL is doing NNPC. It took dpr almost a yr to conduct its interview but not nnpc.

CBN went thru same FCC,now d successful ones r on training.

This thread is for nnpc hopefuls n lets stick by it.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Obinoscopy(m): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2011
@Plutarch, your request and your annoyance is hereby noted. But it ultimately behoves on me to ascent to it or not. I believe we're still practising democracy where everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion whether it is satirical or not.

DPR and NNPC might not have the same mgt but they're certainly under the same ministry, thus there's a similarity.

Hence its not wrong 4 one to make his or her personal comments on DPR. The last time I checked it was not a crime. Nevertheless if my comments had offended you, pls pardon me both now and in the future . . . . lol
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by lonamy: 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2011
unclesly:

Ranking was completed about a two weeks ago. It was d modality 4 selection as regards d no_ per state was delaying all dis while. I must d niger/delta states hav upper hand in it. But one I tell U is that all GT n OP is based on merit. It was on EH n CE that PCL n d Minister soft pedalled 4 nnpc top mgt. Once again congrats 2 those that made it.

Uncle Sly, thanks for your replay. But I want to ask this question based on two notable points you made today.
1. You said those that depended on the Big Wigs politicians will be supriced, because it was based on no nobody.
2. You said, GT and OP were based on merit but the PCL and the Minister soft pedaled for the Top Management to make their decisions on the EH and CE matters.

My question is that, the decisions made by the Top management on the EH and CE, was it based on merit or on Man-know-man?

Could you please shed more light on this.

I am really happy that Niger/Delta is making it to the top this time around, it means that our government is serious about commitment to right the wrongs in this country.

Thank you.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Plutarch: 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2011
@Obinoscopy,
No offence. One luv and wish u,me and everyone on this thread goodluck.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by upengineer: 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2011
I think unclesly might be right afterall. More than two people confirmed the training info on and the genuineness of the process. Lets keep our fingers crossed while hoping and praying that God count us worthy among the selected few. IT IS WELL
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by unclesly: 5:17pm On Oct 31, 2011
@ lonamy, there used 2 b a kind of convention in NNPC in terms of recruitment whereby a manager can recomend som1 2 d HR 4 employment. But PCL n d minista of Pet Resz by passed tha convention up 2 final selection stage. Thus d topdogs in nnpc saw that as an affront on dem, and as such were bent on either havin their way 4rm there henceforth. Howver, PCL n minista were 2 diplomatically n tacitly play d issue . The topdogs kind of also made some compromises, but 'll certainly hav som say in d EH n CE categories. But onething is dat d baz mark 4 some states are diff 4rm others. D general cut of mark was 60%, but in some states diaz was 80%. There is dis 2 states in d south south were after perking it @ 80%, d no of successful candidates were still more than dia quota. My source told me tha was a thorny 4 dem crack.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by unclesly: 5:27pm On Oct 31, 2011
Listen my source warn me that it's top coy policy neva 2 let info out. Even as I speak myself n my cousin are nt sure everythin is prayer until it is released officially followin all necesary approval. I tell U I neva belief thins culd in this country dis way honestly. I used 2 see naija as anything goes. Those who top mgt staff dont even know d content of d list. That's why dey cant giv pple genuine info, because HR right now most guarded in d towers.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by SilaV: 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2011
unclesly:

Listen my source warn me that it's top coy policy neva 2 let info out. Even as I speak myself n my cousin are nt sure everythin is prayer until it is released officially followin all necesary approval. I tell U I neva belief thins culd in this country dis way honestly. I used 2 see naija as anything goes. Those who top mgt staff dont even know d content of d list. That's why dey cant giv pple genuine info, because HR right now most guarded in d towers.

Good job,Bros and may God bless you for sharing this info with the house.I am happy for one thing; that the recruitment process is still on course. The area of immense concern to most of the hopefuls now is the issue of total number of slots to be absorbed.Some guys were mentioning figures ranging from 145, 350 to 450 , claimimg that NNPC doestn't need staff now cos the existing ones are redundant.Some even said that NNPC does not have the financial strenght to employ more than the figures earlier written.Unclesty,many thanks to you,once again, for your good understanding of real situation as per the number of slots; even some top staff don't know but can't tell their guys pestering them.Hence,they give them unreal figures.

@Lightnote,your point and contribution is noted.
@Obinoscopy , Plutach and others,I hail oh and thanks for keeping the thread alive.All is well.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by SilaV: 8:56pm On Oct 31, 2011
So many conflicting info from different 'reliable' sources: the latest from naijahotjobs now is that 10GT/state,15 OP/state and 100EH is the breakdown analysis of the slots.All fingers still crossed,waiting for the the D-day.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by patorinni: 8:37am On Nov 01, 2011
It is said, in the last days of NNPC Recruitment 2010, Many false prophets shall arise, with blasphemy. Telling all manner of stories, see that YE believe them not. Some shall say, come l have found the messiah he is ontop the mountain, see that YE go no where. For no man knoweth the very hour the son of man cometh, not even the Angels or the heavenly host. For the son of man shall come like a thief in the night. SEE THAT YE STAGGER NOT IN YOUR BELIEF.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by patorinni: 8:38am On Nov 01, 2011
Hebrews 3:12-19.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Plutarch: 10:38am On Nov 01, 2011
@patronini,
i dislike parables and riddles. Do u hv any information?
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by unclesly: 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2011
Hi guyz, let's nt b troubled about hw many pple 2 taken per state. That info is top secret within d group HR office in d towers. D only thing I can assure U is dat if God had helped U 2 b among d top performer in ur state, then U should b happy. See, nnpc was neva goin 2 absorb all pple. That explain d ranking of all dose interviewed. Tell me cant U assez n score urself? For let's say U answered all d questions dat were posed b4 U without objections/corrections by d panel. Then U on ur own shuld know U did well plus d comportment n initiative U displayed. As for me, I hav done mine again n again, thus am very hopeful. See nobody, beliv it or not, hav knowlege of d no_ of pple per state except PCL n d NNPC BOARD(d 8 GEDs n d minista).
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by keenkaline: 9:02am On Nov 02, 2011
It is time to give out to the interested public. If you are in LAGOS and in oil and gas industry or hoping to join one soonest, this is an opportunity for you to learn the latest design soft wares used in the industry as of today. As a practicing oil and gas design engineer,I wish to teach anyone who is interested in learning the latest softwares like:
Bentley Autopipe XM
SACS
Solidworks Cosmosm
Abaqus
AUTOCAD (if your intention is not to be a draftsman but for engineering purposes)
STAAD.Pro
It’s better to learn from someone who has used these softwares on a live/existing projects.
If you are also hoping to be a registered member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)or Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN),I can help you with the necessary information on how to go about it and assist you in putting up your project work for NSE and COREN certification.
Interested persons can reach me on: 08107213810 or send me an e- mail on: kalinestruct@yahoo.com
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by bebrief(m): 10:48am On Nov 02, 2011
bebrief:

Guys, expect your letters by early next month! First class information. Four best candidates will be picked from each state. The highest from Anambra state scored about 94 points at the interview, forgot his name but he read Mechanical Engineering. This is the much I know, please don't ask me so much questions.

Good luck!

@all
In addition to my earlier comments, this is what I know is true.
For GT, based on merit, four candidates will be picked from each state. Please note that this information applies to GTs and based on MERIT. I do not know the criteria for other lists.
Please don't ask me so many questions. I am only stating verified information.
Expect your letters anytime from now!
Good luck!
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by lonamy: 7:29am On Nov 03, 2011
Emi ni maa siwaju won, ninu olori ire (2x),
b'olori ire ba pe 'gba o, emi ni maa siwaju won.

Sing that song if you can read yoruba and you will get your letter tomorrow.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by nnemak(m): 12:39pm On Nov 03, 2011
Guys keep the spirit high and never cease to pray this is the latest from newspapers!
Maybe the following might just be delaying the letters,

NNPC operates secret accounts, says RMAFC - confirms N1.079trn illegal subsidy deductions

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, yesterday received knocks as the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission, RMAFC, told the House Committee on Petroleum that the agency was running secret accounts. The accounts were said to be inaccessible to relevant authorities with the constitutional responsibilities to monitor. RMAFC Chairman, Mr. Elias Nbam, told the lawmakers at the resumed investigative hearing of the House of Representatives into the non-remittance of N450bn into the Federation Account by the NNPC that the agency’s handling of the domestic oil and gas accounts lacked transparency and accountability, contrary to the provisions of the 1999 constitution as amended. The RMAFC boss also told the committee that the NNPC and the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency, PPPRA, also embarked on other illegal deductions to the tune of N1.079trn under the guise of fuel subsidy between January and September 2011. He added that from 2004 till date, dividends accruing from the Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas Limited had not been paid into the Federation Account as required by law. His words: “At present, the 3 J.P. Morgan Account, where the payments for export crude oil and gas are paid, are not largely being supervised and constitutionally monitored by the major stakeholders of the Federation Account, particularly RMAFC. “This situation makes the operation of the account to be shrouded in secrecy and, therefore, subject of several criticisms, suspicion and lack of confidence by stakeholders. “The operation of NNPC’s domestic crude oil and gas account does not promote transparency and accountability. Indeed, NNPC pays revenue from its domestic crude oil and gas into its operationalaccounts and subsequently direct the Central Bank of Nigeria to transfer specific amounts to the Federation Account. “By the Appropriation Act 2011, the NNPC is to be paid N81.720bn from January to September 2011. However, the NNPC has so far deducted 615.67bn, which shows a difference of over N533.950bn. “Similarly, the PPPRA marketers’ subsidy provides N102.753bn as appropriation for subsidy in the 2011 budget for the period January-September 2011 but by September 2011, the PPPRA (marketers’ subsidy) has been paid N647,660bn, which shows a difference of over N544.907bn.” He explained that from the N1,391,348,936,859.05 revenue realised by NNPC, N868,572,586,402.06 was remitted to the Federation Account while N450,776,350,456.99 was withheld by the corporation between February 2005 and December 2008. “Signature bonus, which is a premium from concession granted on oil blocks, are currently not being paid into the Federation Account. Such fund ought to have been paid into the Federation Account. “From 2004 till date, dividends accruing from the Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas Limited have not been paid into the Federation Account; the accrued dividends should be paid accordingly. “The commission after the analysis of the revenue loss to the Federation Account due to the exchange rate differential discovered that N12bn was the exchange rate differential for the period of January to August 2011, but noted that NNPC has so far paid N15,234,862,500 on two installments into the Federation Account.” Nbam noted that the ineffective functioning of the nation’s refineries led to the sale of most of the 445,000 barrel per day of crude oil allocated to NNPC and that the dollar realised is monetised into naira and paid into the Federation Account after NNPC had deducted its claims for subsidy. But the Minister of State for Finance, Dr. Yerima Ngama, told the committee that the RMFAC chairman did not have facts of the transactions of the NNPC, particularly the details of the crude oil account. "NATIONAL MIRROR, Wednesday, November 02, 2011 "

NNPC denies N450b debt, paying still - Revenue body says corporation owes govt
HOUSE of Representatives’ investigation into the N450 billion allegedly owed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to the Federation Account threw up serious disagreement in the National Assembly yesterday. Asked to confirm or deny the allegations, NNPC Group Managing Director, Austin Oniwon, said that although it was true that NNPC had paid the sum of N15.2 billion out of the N450 billion to the federation account, it never really owed any debt. He said the corporation was paying the money under duress. Oniwon’s statement was corroborated by a former Group Managing Director of NNPC, Funso Kupolokun, who explained that the circumstances in which NNPC operated was very difficult. He said that the corporation was operating at a loss having been made to buy petroleum products at the market price and then compelled to sell below the market price. According to him, the need to bridge the gap contributed to the decision by former President Olusegun Obasanjo, in December, 2005, to instruct the NNPC to begin to deduct money from its earnings to pay for its losses.
"THE GUARDIAN, Wednesday, November 02, 2011"
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by lighternote: 5:26pm On Nov 03, 2011
Lonamy @ his prank again? I don sing d song sha in faith.wetin e mean? lol
Obinoscopy,Silav,Plutarch et al, did u see Nne-mak's latest? If such an egregious act is confirmed,then that further necessitates an outcry on d undue slow motion of d recruitment process. some people might well b sitting on d progress.who know!
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by lighternote: 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2011
*who know* sure u know a typo when u see one. grin
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by lonamy: 8:47am On Nov 04, 2011
lighternote:

Lonamy @ his prank again? I don sing d song sha in faith.wetin e mean? lol
Obinoscopy,Silav,Plutarch et al, did u see Nne-mak's latest? If such an egregious act is confirmed,then that further necessitates an outcry on d undue slow motion of d recruitment process. some people might well b sitting on d progress.who know!

Emi ni maa siwaju won, ninu olori ire (2x),
b'olori ire ba pe 'gba o, emi ni maa siwaju won.

Means

I will be the first among the fortunate people (2x)
If the fortunate people are 200, I will be the first.

@lighternote, enjoy.

I believe you are a cool babe, isn't it?
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by lonamy: 11:51am On Nov 04, 2011
Hi all,

Soneone told me today that he got a mail from NNPC that he should send his account number so that he will be paid for he travel expenses to Abuja.
Please, is there anyone in the house who had received such mail?
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by changi: 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2011
gud day all!inform d night of a coming morning, d light of which wil permeate d mountains nd valeys.if u c d desert extends 4 miles nd miles, den know dat beyond dat distance r green meadows wit plentiful shade. if u c d rope tighten nd tighten, know dat it will snap.may our dreams turn into reality, fear replaced by comfort, nd anxiety ovathrown byserenity.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by SilaV: 3:31pm On Nov 04, 2011
lonamy:

Hi all,

Soneone told me today that he got a mail from NNPC that he should send his account number so that he will be paid for he travel expenses to Abuja.
Please, is there anyone in the house who had received such mail?

Well, I don't think the mail is from NNPC ,though nothing is totally impossible . During the accreditation process for the interview,we provided the information concerning our account details.I want to believe that it might be a scam.Tell your friend to look at the sender's E-Mail address very well so as not to fall into wrong hands.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by lonamy: 3:41pm On Nov 04, 2011
SilaV:

Well, I don't think the mail is from NNPC ,though nothing is totally impossible  . During the accreditation process for the interview,we provided the information concerning our account details.I want to believe that it might be a scam.Tell your friend to look at the sender's E-Mail address very well so as not to fall into wrong hands.

It was even a text message that he got. Probably he didn't write his account number or it wasn't clear.
I also forgot my own when I was there but they ensured that I made a phone call to my home to get my account number.

Anyways, It is well.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by lighternote: 7:10pm On Nov 04, 2011
@Lonamy, m real cool only that ds Nnpc stuff will make me real cooler. Isn't it? no derail d thread oo. éjoo! lol
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by jookoli(m): 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2011
Check out www.naijajobbooks.com for fresh naija jobs,
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by Obinoscopy(m): 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2011
Hey silaV,

The November 4 theory has been proven wrong. Thus I think its time to create the facebook page we suggested. The Name should read something like: NNPC RECRUITMENT HOPEFULS 2011.
If that group is created on fb we can then join using our new fb id.
Regards
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by SilaV: 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2011
Obinoscopy:

Hey silaV,

The November 4 theory has been proven wrong. Thus I think its time to create the facebook page we suggested. The Name should read something like: NNPC RECRUITMENT HOPEFULS 2011.
If that group is created on fb we can then join using our new fb id.
Regards

Noted, this will be launched on or before 8th November. All is well.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by SilaV: 6:35pm On Nov 05, 2011
Hello hopefuls,my name is Badmus Gold.It is high time we started the SOS campaign;add me on FB(with your unreal ID) so that the process can begin.Remember the rule? Be polite and don't allow emotion take the better part of you. Goodluck as we go there.
Re: Your NNPC Interview Experience (EH & GT) by AutoC: 7:43pm On Nov 05, 2011
Yes oh!! Lets Go there!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply)

PwC Graduate Recruitment 2019 / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 / WHYTE CLEON Aptitude Test And Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.