Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

How Good Is Xiaomi 9a - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Good Is Xiaomi 9a (1107 Views)

Is Xiaomi Redmi Phones Good? / Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? / How Good Is Xiaomi Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by Sampike(m): 7:19pm On Apr 07, 2022
I want to get xiaomi 9a, but having doubting mind because of what have been reading about series 9
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by Olavincentus: 7:40pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sampike:
I want to get xiaomi 9a, but having doubting mind because of what have been reading about series 9
What have u been reading? i use a redmi note 9 pro. so far so good. not a single complain
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by bamdly(m): 7:51pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sampike:
I am currently using it and it has been good so far and I just got mine and the ba3 is lasting as expected
so go for it and the phone GPU is better than Tecno spark 8 or 8c

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by Jazzman01: 10:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sampike:

I own one and I can authoritatively tell you that Everything about it is trash.

The ram management is poor, it cannot even keep a single app in the background without refreshing. The phone lags and hangs. The 5000mah battery is also a scam as it doesn't last long at all. If you are a heavy user, it wont last for a day.
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by Sampike(m): 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2022
bamdly:

I am currently using it and it has been good so far and I just got mine and the ba3 is lasting as expected
OK thanks but does apps run in background? Because that's the main thing
And how many ram is yours
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by Sampike(m): 12:09pm On Apr 08, 2022
Jazzman01:

The ram management is poor, it cannot even keep a single app in the background without refreshing. The phone lags and hangs. The 5000mah battery is also a scam as it doesn't last long at all. If you are a heavy user, it wont last for a day.
That's what I'm trying to find out
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by Sampike(m): 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2022
Olavincentus:
What have u been reading? i use a redmi note 9 pro. so far so good. not a single complain
I also have someone using note 9 pro and the phone is good
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by Shuregirl: 4:49pm On Apr 08, 2022
Sampike:

OK thanks but does apps run in background? Because that's the main thing
And how many ram is yours
you may need to do more research cos Redmi 9 series ain't really a good buy
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by justiniyke29: 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2022
I am using the device and frankly it isn't impressive, got it late last year.
The battery is alright in my opinion as it carries me till evening and I will be left with around 30%
The main issue I have is the ram management, gosh its so poor. If I leave messenger on and WhatsApp and I open chrome It will shut down the apps open in the background. Every time you switch app it opens afresh.

Next issue is the adverts and also every time I restart the phone I get an annoying message that sim verification failed bla bla bla.
Camera is not impressive.

Lastly the worst is the space gets filled up magically, u have to keep clearing data cache of apps.
Its an average device to be honest. If you don't open much apps down then its okay for you
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by bamdly(m): 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2022
Sampike:
OK thanks but does apps run in background? Because that's the main thing And how many ram is yours
yes 2gb ram
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by Cheezzyy: 10:29pm On Apr 08, 2022
Sampike:
you need to think carefully before you buy, especially when it comes to the 9 series
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by Sampike(m): 5:03am On Apr 09, 2022
Thanks guys
I'm having a change of mind now, I will go for redmi 8 which is 3/32 or 4/32 will that be able to run app in background
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by Mustiboy(m): 8:12am On Apr 09, 2022
justiniyke29:
I am using the device and frankly it isn't impressive, got it late last year.
The battery is alright in my opinion as it carries me till evening and I will be left with around 30%
The main issue I have is the ram management, gosh its so poor. If I leave messenger on and WhatsApp and I open chrome It will shut down the apps open in the background. Every time you switch app it opens afresh.

Next issue is the adverts and also every time I restart the phone I get an annoying message that sim verification failed bla bla bla.
Camera is not impressive.

Lastly the worst is the space gets filled up magically, u have to keep clearing data cache of apps.
Its an average device to be honest. If you don't open much apps down then its okay for you

I honestly don't know what you expected to get from a 2gb-ram device.

Some of you seek New York in Ojodu Berger

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by justiniyke29: 10:46pm On Apr 09, 2022
Mustiboy:

I honestly don't know what you expected to get from a 2gb-ram device.

Some of you seek New York in Ojodu Berger
lol fine its a 2gb ram phone but please na it should be able to open 2apps concurrently.

I remember my old galaxy s3 of 1gb ram hold way more than that without reopening every app when you switch back.
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by justiniyke29: 10:47pm On Apr 09, 2022
Sampike:
Thanks guys
I'm having a change of mind now, I will go for redmi 8 which is 3/32 or 4/32 will that be able to run app in background
Yes it will, go for that instead
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by Mustiboy(m): 11:39pm On Apr 09, 2022
justiniyke29:
lol fine its a 2gb ram phone but please na it should be able to open 2apps concurrently.

I remember my old galaxy s3 of 1gb ram hold way more than that without reopening every app when you switch back.

Did you also consider the fact that apps are getting more resourcefully demanding? Your S3 would struggle to run the current version of Facebook and Messenger.

2gb RAM can't do shit on any device running Android 10 upwards.
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by gogeekish(m): 2:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
Redmi 9A is a very bad shit of device!
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by Jacku: 2:22pm On Apr 10, 2022
bamdly:

why are you mentioning Tecno?
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by Jacku: 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2022
Jazzman01:

na WA. I knew that phone wont be all that greet
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by bamdly(m): 2:58pm On Apr 10, 2022
Jacku:
why are you mentioning Tecno?
are u one of their marketer if so I am sorry I mention ur brand name ooo smiley

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by Jacku: 6:48pm On Apr 10, 2022
bamdly:

are u one of their marketer if so I am sorry I mention ur brand name ooo smiley
no o.. I'm just wondering why you would mention a brand that wasn't talked about
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by bamdly(m): 8:24pm On Apr 10, 2022
Jacku:
no o.. I'm just wondering why you would mention a brand that wasn't talked about
it because I compared and test both phone and the redmi still went ahead and beat Tecno day why boss
Re: How Good Is Xiaomi 9a by Jazzman01: 6:00am On Apr 11, 2022
justiniyke29:

Don't mind the Xiaomi marketer. I have a Samsung with just 1.5GB RAM and it can keep multiple apps in the background without refreshing.

(1) (Reply)

My Samsung Note 9 Dont Update / 120hz Refresh Rate / Manual Internet Settings & APN Of Etisalat, Glo, MTN, Airtel - Dtech IT Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.