Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria (2044 Views)

Senate Proposes Amendment To Immunity For Vice-Presidents, Governors And Others / Do Nigerian Former Vice Presidents Have Life Diplomatic Passports? / Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by TruthinAction: 11:25pm On Apr 07, 2022
We have come a long way as a country. And the more we try to unite ourselves, the more divided we become. We must not continue to govern this country with borrowed system of government. We can adopt a new system that should work for us.

So, I am proposing an amendment to our constitution that will permit six vice president, one from each geopolitical zones. This will at least ensure that every zone is having a stake in the government.

And we can trim down the number of lawmakers. If possible, reduce it to one house.

What do we think about this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by Parachoko: 11:30pm On Apr 07, 2022
The post of a vice president is just a ceremonial one.

The best is for us to water down the power of the president

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by luwiizy(m): 11:51pm On Apr 07, 2022
Hahaha abi presidency should be scrapped will still don't know how to manage that position as a black nation
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by LeoDeKing: 12:01am On Apr 08, 2022
President from SW

Vice president NW
Vice President NE
Vice President NC
Vice President SW
Vice President SS to oversee SS and SE. angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by Ikinternational: 12:14am On Apr 08, 2022
That deepens tribalism not eradicate it

Think guy think.

If Africans can't fix Africa the world will leave it (further) behind simple.

Meritocracy is the goal.
Your idea is a give up saying it's a mountain too high to climb

But when you have educated Africans that still believe in juju, one starts to wonder if there's really any hope

2 Likes

Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by Oyinlomobambam(m): 12:22am On Apr 08, 2022
To avoid this kinda things, that's why we have senetors and Rep.

What did they do?

2 Likes

Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by stonemasonn: 12:44am On Apr 08, 2022
Parachoko:

6 presidents and one governor general and commander of the armed forces. Shikena
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by Saviourk: 12:51am On Apr 08, 2022
It will not solve problems,but only escalate it..
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by Saviourk: 12:53am On Apr 08, 2022
LeoDeKing:
President from SW

Vice president NW
Vice President NE
Vice President NC
Vice President SW
Vice President SS to oversea SS and SE. angry
Always tribalist.When will u stop acting childish?

7 Likes

Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by Merchant247: 2:16am On Apr 08, 2022
LeoDeKing:
President from SW

Vice president NW
Vice President NE
Vice President NC
Vice President SW
Vice President SS to oversea SS and SE. angry

Baba you too like trouble, you better run because they are coming for you grin grin
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by DavSagacity(m): 3:59am On Apr 08, 2022
The Tribalism and Nepotism will increase by the power Of 60
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by orisa37: 4:07am On Apr 08, 2022
NO. THAT'S COSTLY.
ONE EDUCATED, SKILFUL AND DISCERNING PRESIDENT AND
36 FULLY AUTONOMOUS GOVERNORS IS ALL WE WANT FOR THIS UTOPIA NIGERIA.
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by Roger3D(m): 4:11am On Apr 08, 2022
Parachoko:

Why not revert back to the parliamentary system?
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17am On Apr 08, 2022
Check Abacha's 1995 draft constitution that he was about to introduce before he was assassinated by poisoning. In the 1995 draft constitution, there would have been 6 vice presidents and presidency would rotate amongst the six geo-political zones.
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by joyandfaith: 4:32am On Apr 08, 2022
Roger3D:
Why not revert back to the parliamentary system?

Exactly. Regionalism is best for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by helinues: 5:11am On Apr 08, 2022
grin

Wishes no get arms or legs, reason why everyone dey make am
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by FoolaniHellman: 5:13am On Apr 08, 2022
LeoDeKing:
President from SW

Vice president NW
Vice President NE
Vice President NC
Vice President SW
Vice President SS to oversee SS and SE. angry

So on point! Since SE is the size of one local government in Kaduna!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by FoolaniHellman: 5:15am On Apr 08, 2022
Saviourk:
Always tribalist.When will u stop acting childish?

We're all childish in the eye of the creator!

Stop wailing!!! grin cheesy Nah Cruise wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by Soulsymbol99: 6:45am On Apr 08, 2022
Parachoko:

.......... and state Governors. Build strong institutions and watch this country change for good.
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by LordIsaac(m): 6:59am On Apr 08, 2022
That will just be increasing cost of governance. Nigeria must not exist, no one truly believes in it.
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by gidgiddy: 7:23am On Apr 08, 2022
TruthinAction:
We have come a long way as a country. And the more we try to unite ourselves, the more divided we become. We must not continue to govern this country with borrowed system of government. We can adopt a new system that should work for us.

So, I am proposing an amendment to our constitution that will permit six vice president, one from each geopolitical zones. This will at least ensure that every zone is having a stake in the government.

And we can trim down the number of lawmakers. If possible, reduce it to one house.

It wont solve the problem. The only way the problem can be soved is if everyone controls their resources and pays to centre, as the case was at independence

6 vice presidents who are answerable and take direct orders from an overall powerful President? That makes no sense, we would still be where we are

1 Like

Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by LordIsaac(m): 7:26am On Apr 08, 2022
gidgiddy:

It wont solve the problem. The only way the problem can be soved is if everyone controls their resources and pays to centre, as the case was at independence
There must not be a centre. The centre has been useless.
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by slimfit1(m): 7:39am On Apr 08, 2022
What about 6 presidents we don't need a vice, everyone will control their own life.
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by Donshegxy10(m): 7:50am On Apr 08, 2022
Vice president is handicap in nigeria's politics.....

Lets go back to regional government, more power should rest on the region, the federal should have less power.
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by phemmyfour: 7:52am On Apr 08, 2022
TruthinAction:

There will be power tussle at the top
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by simpleseyi: 7:55am On Apr 08, 2022
No way.

Almajaris should go their way. Then we Yorubas, Igbos, Ijaws, Ikwerres, Ibiobios, Efiks, e.t.c..can sort ourselves. Yes, we will fight ourselves, but that's normal family squabbles, we Southerners will not kill ourselves like blood sucking vampires from the desert.
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by SporaD8: 8:19am On Apr 08, 2022
Simply put, true federalism is the key
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by TruthinAction: 8:30am On Apr 08, 2022
phemmyfour:
There will be power tussle at the top

Please explain. Each zone will now have a stake in government. And there are certain decisions that should not be taken without taking all the vice Presidents along. Besides, development will be evenly distributed across all the geopolitical zones.

And each zone should have certain approved allocations and run independently just like the states. Or better still, each zones should be allowed to control their resources with the vice presidents fully in charge.
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by TruthinAction: 8:32am On Apr 08, 2022
gidgiddy:

6 vice presidents who are answerable and take direct orders from an overall powerful President? That makes no sense, we would still be where we are

That can be taken care of with constitutional amendments.
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by gaddafe(m): 8:47am On Apr 08, 2022
TruthinAction:

I think it's the people who are not well informed. A governor of a state is more powerful than a vice president. Think about this. We already have the FEC that should comprise of members from the 36 states, Governors from 36 states. If this does not solve the problem then expanding the VP slot will not make any difference.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trillion Van Man (peter Obi) Versus The Bullion Van Man (tinubu). / Pictures Of Tinubu Raising Walking Stick To Sing National Anthem / Charly Boy On Tinubu's Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.