Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria (2060 Views)

Senate Proposes Amendment To Immunity For Vice-Presidents, Governors And Others / Do Nigerian Former Vice Presidents Have Life Diplomatic Passports? / Soludo: Nigeria Needs 5 Vice Presidents & A Six-year Single Term For Presidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by Tomek09(m): 8:56am On Apr 08, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:
President from SW

Vice president NW
Vice President NE
Vice President NC
Vice President SW
Vice President SS to oversee SS and SE. angry
[/s]
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by yuping(m): 9:17am On Apr 08, 2022
[quote author=TruthinAction post=111746242

And we can trim down the number of lawmakers. If possible, reduce it to one house.

What do we think about this? [/quote] undecided
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by yuping(m): 9:19am On Apr 08, 2022
TruthinAction:

What do we think about this?
My guy you are just posting a war, if anything happen to the president who will take over among the Vice?
Is like you don't know this people they are authoritarians a beast that won't give in or neither give up, they prefer things to spoil than to see other do it well. If they are not riding with you, they want you to crash.
Ask yourself what has your Governor sacrifice for his state, have you heard that our senate refuse to collect salary cus we are broke or call for their personal cost to be cut down? A president will to do don't even need a vice, check the little period of Yaradua did you even know who Good luck was even after his death did they make Good luck transitioning fast?
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by adefitim(m): 9:24am On Apr 08, 2022
LeoDeKing:
President from SW

Vice president NW
Vice President NE
Vice President NC
Vice President SW
Vice President SS to oversee SS and SE. angry

I am in love with this your early morning cruise Ajeh.
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by TruthinAction: 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2022
yuping:

My guy you are just posting a war, if anything happen to the president who will take over among the Vice?
Is like you don't know this people they are authoritarians a beast that won't give in or neither give up, they prefer things to spoil than to see other do it well. If they are not riding with you, they want you to crash.
Ask yourself what has your Governor sacrifice for his state, have you heard that our senate refuse to collect salary cus we are broke or call for their personal cost to be cut down? A president will to do don't even need a vice, check the little period of Yaradua did you even know who Good luck was even after his death did they make Good luck transitioning fast?

I understand your point. Let's just try and unseat this aboki people from power first and pray that their hidden agenda will fail. After that we will know the way forward.

The British people that joined us together committed the greatest sin. Otherwise, southern Nigeria would have developed beyond this level and might have been the Dubai of Africa.

1 Like

Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by TruthinAction: 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2022
gaddafe:

I think it's the people who are not well informed. A governor of a state is more powerful than a vice president. Think about this. We already have the FEC that should comprise of members from the 36 states, Governors from 36 states. If this does not solve the problem then expanding the VP slot will not make any difference.

If you say no. There must be a way forward. The present structure is not working. It's designed just to enrich the leaders and make the states weak in very important areas like security and power.
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by Perfectbeing(m): 3:41pm On Apr 08, 2022
gidgiddy:

It wont solve the problem. The only way the problem can be soved is if everyone controls their resources and pays to centre, as the case was at independence

6 vice presidents who are answerable and take direct orders from an overall powerful President? That makes no sense, we would still be where we are
Letting each state control their sources should be after each states have been developed to a certain extent.. For now if you should do that, states like Sokoto and Taraba will suffer.
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by gidgiddy: 4:30pm On Apr 08, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Letting each state control their sources should be after each states have been developed to a certain extent.. For now if you should do that, states like Sokoto and Taraba will suffer.

You dont get it. Sokoto and Taraba are not supposed to develop on the resources of others, thats cheating , thats not how a federation is run. Sokoto,Taraba and any other state, are supposed to look in-wards and use whatever resources, human or natural, to deveop at their own pace
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by gaddafe(m): 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2022
TruthinAction:

If you say no. There must be a way forward. The present structure is not working. It's designed just to enrich the leaders and make the states weak in very important areas like security and power.

That is why the struggle for resource control is still the best. For me confederalism would be better but no Nigeria leader will openly accept that. It has to move bit by bit. I think the fight for resource control should be the starting point.

1 Like

Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by Miracle2022: 7:04pm On Apr 08, 2022
Even if you make 36 vice presidents some people will still cry of marginalization. If they cannot be satisfied when Tafawa Balewa appointments has 75% of their people,they still went ahead to kill him. What else do you expect from them?
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by TruthinAction: 7:25pm On Apr 08, 2022
gaddafe:

That is why the struggle for resource control is still the best. For me confederalism would be better but no Nigeria leader will openly accept that. It has to move bit by bit. I think the fight for resource control should be the starting point.

OK. They should also try and remove security and power from exclusive list. The FG is biting more than it can chew.
Re: I Propose One President, Six Vice Presidents For Peace To Reign In Nigeria by Perfectbeing(m): 7:39pm On Apr 08, 2022
gidgiddy:

You dont get it. Sokoto and Taraba are not supposed to develop on the resources of others, thats cheating , thats not how a federation is run. Sokoto,Taraba and any other state, are supposed to look in-wards and use whatever resources, human or natural, to deveop at their own pace
Imagine, if the country becomes a federation tomorrow. What would happen to all federal workers in Taraba state?? Do you know how many thousands of people would lose their job in an instant? And no matter how intelligent a Governor is, his policies for his state will not start yielding fruits until some months or even years after.. And he'll need money to implement any of his policies and build any infrastructure that will make his state viable for investment of which he won't have cos no federal application... How many people can wait that long?

I'm not saying that a federation isn't the best solution for the country, but it shouldn't be done in a instant. My advice is that the sharing formula should be edited. States that are bringing more should have a higher percentage than 13% (say maybe 20%), then states that bring less should have their allocation reduced slightly. The percentage increase and decrease should be done, say every 5 years.. That will make the disadvantaged states to start sitting up.. This is better than just cutting off their allocation at once. If you were from Taraba or Sokoto, you won't like that..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Seun More Interested In Religious Controversies In The North?? (photos) / I Respect Wike, He Is A Real Man. / See The Track Of Celebrities Endorsing Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.