Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Help My Landlord Issued Me A Quit Notice - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help My Landlord Issued Me A Quit Notice (343 Views)

My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! / My Landlord Served Me A Quit Notice And I Want To Know What What My Rights Are / Should The Tenant Who Is Served A Quit Notice Still Pay The Landlord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Landlord Issued Me A Quit Notice by gejpmb: 11:26pm On Apr 07, 2022
I will try to be brief. I want advice on what to do next. Please pardon my typo.
I don't know if this is the right section to post it.

I have been living in this apartment for more than 20yrs with my parents in Lagos. 3years ago my parents left to the village due to health issues and left me staying in the apartment which my brother and cousin joined me. It's a room and parlor apartment which cost #7000 per month. I was paying #5000 per month before it was increased last year january 2021 to #7000 without notice.
I decided to travel to see my parent in the village this march after 3yrs of not seeing them, spent a 3wks+ there and I came back last Saturday. While I was in the village the landlord called demanding for rent which I plan on paying before the end of April (January of this year till now).
He called me saying if I don't pay for 6month stretch he will issue me a quit notice which he did today tho I haven't signed it. I told him I want to consult my lawyer first.
From the notice, it's written I should vacate his apartment before 31st may 2022. Tho I have decided to leave the house, I'm also willing to pay him for the months I have spent there (January of this year till now). My issue is the time frame given to me to vacate the apartment seeing how difficult it is getting a good apartment in Lagos. Please I need advice from lawyers on Nairaland.
Re: Help My Landlord Issued Me A Quit Notice by ignis: 12:24am On Apr 08, 2022
you could get a lawyer, in that case you can be buying time during the court case while you keep searching for apartment.
Re: Help My Landlord Issued Me A Quit Notice by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:58am On Apr 08, 2022
gejpmb:
My issue is the time frame given to me to vacate the apartment seeing how difficult it is getting a good apartment in Lagos. Please I need advice from lawyers on Nairaland.

if you know how difficult it is to get a good apt in Lagos, shouldnt you therefore cherish the one you currently have, and pay on time every months?! why mess with such a good thing?
Re: Help My Landlord Issued Me A Quit Notice by Desperados(m): 4:36am On Apr 08, 2022
Minimum period of time required to vacate any apartment is 3months under any circumstances.

U get ur own reason why u wan leave and dat landlord don dey kolo for head.

Sue the Idiot...
Re: Help My Landlord Issued Me A Quit Notice by HopeNeverDies: 6:06am On Apr 08, 2022
Damnnn!!! LoL

All these Lagos landlords sef undecided
It’s either he needed money urgently; or Perhaps... He’s tired of u staying up in the house. Maybe he prolly got someone else already looking for an apartment and looking for an excuse to chase U out....

That’s weird
Re: Help My Landlord Issued Me A Quit Notice by kingthreat(m): 7:07am On Apr 08, 2022
Imagine, a house you have been a tenant of 20 years and Landlord is giving you quit notice. Bros, follow my approach.
1. Go to landlord with your rent, buy am small drink. You guys laugh about the matter and tell him to be understanding for old time's sake
2. If landlord is still adamant and shows no remorse, then go to the gallows with him. With the way of the economy, even for court na tenant dey win case. Not that you're owing 1 year or something.

(1) (Reply)

How God Saved Me From A Distress House / Own A Luxurious 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex With 42m At Galadimawa, Abuja. / URGENT SALES : 3 Bedroom Bungalow For Sale At Alagbado

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.