Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,769 members, 7,824,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Serious NIN Crime Going On - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Serious NIN Crime Going On (50989 Views)

Crime Suspect In My Area ,will Police Pick My Call If I Hide My Number , / NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians / OOU Female Student Declared Missing After Going On A Date With Her Boyfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by adefitim(m): 8:50am On Apr 08, 2022
In Nigeria nothing is impossible
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by anochuko01(m): 8:50am On Apr 08, 2022
3verblazing:
Pops man had an issue too with this NIN/SIM REG few days back, some guys selling MTN sim came around with their usual funfair marketing strategy, music, uniforms n all.

Dad took interest and paid for one sim for 100 naira. Regstation was done successfully. He Then inserted his sim to start using. To his surprise MTN sent him welcome message listing 3 different numbers linked to his NIN account. Out of curiosity he went back to them to know why. Long story short, they had used his details to register two other SIM Cards. Dad got passed and threatened them. After plenty dragging n calling their superior he collected the other two sims.
Pple are desperate. Let's be very careful

I guess it's now a risk going to these people with one's NIN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Obvuta: 8:51am On Apr 08, 2022
Oga o
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Sabadon(m): 8:51am On Apr 08, 2022
Loop holes everywhere, and prof pant_ami is in charge
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by LOGRYTHMN: 8:51am On Apr 08, 2022
I can't even remember how many pre registered Sims I bought that time

They used to stay in the middle of the road that time with their dirty yellow MTN umbrellas and dirty red and white Airtel umbrellas

They will want to eat you alive if you are passing buy
ALAYE I already have a Sim inside my phone how many Sims do you want me to buy?
Marketers and their wahala!
But I learnt a great deal from there.
There are some numbers that up till now has not been used by anyone. So if you go and buy a new line ensure its a new line and that no one has ever used it before.
Because it is no more news that MTN and all of the networks are reselling old and dead customers numbers. So if you go and buy 0803, 0806, or 0802 , we don't need to tell you that someone has already used that number before.
I bought a new MTN Sim back then. It was 0803, everyday, I used to receive debit alert of N100,000 from UBA bank. The Sim owner have forgotten and moves on with his life

I just wonder what NCC and other regulatory bodies are doing except collecting fat checks from MTN and co!

#ItIsWell!

2 Likes

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by RexTramadol1: 8:52am On Apr 08, 2022
Which kain country men we take have laidis

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by PotatoSalad(m): 8:54am On Apr 08, 2022
duduade:
At this juncture we are our own nemesis

The average Nigerian is fantastically corrup.
I was at Nipost the other day, they charge people 200 naira per received item. After the person has paid shipping fee o.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Testimony1988(m): 8:55am On Apr 08, 2022
The right thing to do after buying a new sim and getting it registered, is to just like it with the NIN number, that's all, one must not buy a registered sim, it's very risky, what if a person commit a crime and another person is using his NIN, the person using the NIN will be arrested.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Mase2020g(m): 8:55am On Apr 08, 2022
blackmamber:
This NIN thing is a total BS to me. I don’t believe in the country

I believe in this country, I don't believe in people like u

2 Likes

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Dayvidblue: 8:55am On Apr 08, 2022
3verblazing:
Pops man had an issue too with this NIN/SIM REG few days back, some guys selling MTN sim came around with their usual funfair marketing strategy, music, uniforms n all.

Dad took interest and paid for one sim for 100 naira. Regstation was done successfully. He Then inserted his sim to start using. To his surprise MTN sent him welcome message listing 3 different numbers linked to his NIN account. Out of curiosity he went back to them to know why. Long story short, they had used his details to register two other SIM Cards. Dad got passed and threatened them. After plenty dragging n calling their superior he collected the other two sims.
Pple are desperate. Let's be very careful

There is actually a case I currently have under investigation.
A friend bought and registered a sim at unilag, after the registration he was handed an unregistered sim while they kept back the sim they registered with his details.
They have owned up to it saying it was a mistake but we intend pressing charges at the conclusion of investigation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by gaddafe(m): 8:55am On Apr 08, 2022
There is supposed to be a way to check how many phone numbers are linked to a NIN by the owner. And if you find a strange number attached to your NIN you deregister it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Mase2020g(m): 8:55am On Apr 08, 2022
This is serious crime and must be reported to the relevant aurhr
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Misterone: 8:58am On Apr 08, 2022
blackmamber:
then fvck off to where you belong
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Skillsnigeria: 8:59am On Apr 08, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Maverick777: 9:02am On Apr 08, 2022
HopeNeverDies:
Damnnn!!!! Nigeria isn't working anymore.... In all aspects...

#PrayForNigeria
pray for what exactly?
wake up! religious bigot!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by kingyakos: 9:03am On Apr 08, 2022
Desperados:

Bros, dis tin don dey happen since na.
we knw dis tins.

Dis NIN linkage of a tin na just to track mor hustlers(yahoo boys) down, dem just dey lie wit terrorism or kidnapping.

I stil dey talk am nd i swear wit my 2 balls say dis NIN nonsense nor reach de north.

No kidnapper or terrorist wil be caught wit dis...

I stil dey talk am nd i swear wit my 2 balls say dis NIN nonsense nor reach de north.

Bros abeg no vex are u sure about what u just said, can u give proof?

2 Likes

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by bonna4u(m): 9:04am On Apr 08, 2022
The people incharge of telecom in this country are clueless. In other countries in Africa including Kenya, they have ussd codes used for knowing the numbers registered with your I.D card. Patami and his people should please learn from other climes.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Jostoman: 9:05am On Apr 08, 2022
Greyworld:
Well its very wrong but even with the BVN they introduced, people were robbed at gun point with pos, like forced to use their card on pos and nothing was done to trace those pos accounts.

I maybe wrong but this whole NIN is either for show off that the government is working or to trace those that are high profile.

they just want to use it to target some high profile before and after 2022 and 2023 election. If you are a celebrity and you know from your mind that this present government don't like you please that celebrity needs to be very careful from now till 2023.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by folake4u(f): 9:07am On Apr 08, 2022
OP, thanks for this important tip.

As for me, MTN blocked my line even after linking the NIN. Anybody wey ask me for money nor go see transfer oh. undecided

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by alizma: 9:08am On Apr 08, 2022
blackmamber:
When I you going to Ghana or Cameroon?
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Nigerialabalaba: 9:10am On Apr 08, 2022
DispatcherLagos:

Honestly.... and many innocent people will fall victims of their trap. The people they hope to track are smarter than them.
u no sabi anytin. one day u go get sense. Even d trash some of u dey type here go come up some day and appear under una nin search.
dat guy wan run OP street and datsall. e dey happen everywhere for d world, u must get people like dat for every country.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Thomas144: 9:10am On Apr 08, 2022
See everyone should just be careful that’s the whole point. But if u ask me omo na hustle oo boy must chop na. Abi una want call this one fraud again?
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Jostoman: 9:11am On Apr 08, 2022
This NIN will be use against some politician and some celebrity that is not on the side of these government before 2023.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:14am On Apr 08, 2022
We need to table this matter before the irrelevant authorities

2 Likes

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by hotseat: 9:15am On Apr 08, 2022
NIN-linked SIM cards though a brilliant innovation in addressing the security challenges in the country, it is fraught with danger and manipulation.

If your NIN-linked SIM card gets into the hands of criminals who used it to commit crime, the offense would automatically be traced to the original innocent owner.

Hence, the best thing to do is to request your network provider to block the line immediately pending when you sort out issues with them.

Safety first!

2 Likes

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by udemzyudex(m): 9:16am On Apr 08, 2022
mariovito:
Na normal hustle na.

Even before the requirement to link nin with line, when it was just the normal name, mothers maiden name, finger prints and picture, these guys still had a way to use other peoples information to pre register sim cards they sell at exorbitant prices

Most Nigerians are morally bankrupt.

Chai

2 Likes

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by udemzyudex(m): 9:17am On Apr 08, 2022
Thomas144:
See everyone should just be careful that’s the whole point. But if u ask me omo na hustle oo boy must chop na. Abi una want call this one fraud again?

You dare call this hustle?

Something wey fit land another for jail?

Omo you're a very wicked person for calling this a hustle.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by MoneyGoDrop: 9:18am On Apr 08, 2022
Well everything has loopholes in them. Nigerians love loopholes. This is what we called hustle.

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Thomas144: 9:19am On Apr 08, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Two days ago I lost my phone on my way back from work. So I decided to buy/register a new sim card yesterday.

So I branched to Ajah (along Ado road) to buy and register a new sim pending when I will have time probably by weekend to retrieve my old number.

While the registration was ongoing, I noticed the agent/vendor was selling already registered sims to customers without NIN, I became curious to know how possible it is considering all the protocols involve in registering new sims. So I asked him how much he sells the already registered sims and he told me 5k and I was still wondering how possible it can be.

So to confirm whether or not it's true I paid for a sim (5k) and he started with the "processing". First of all, there is this guy that came in to complain that his number was blocked even though he has NIN and had link it with his sim. The vendor through the help of the device they run their business with confirmed that there is a variation in the name used in registering the sim and the one in the NIN so he was told to wait (till he is done doing my work).

So after I paid for the already registered sim, I was surprised that the agent now called the man and started taking his passport. I picked offense by this attitude and confronted him(the agent) for abandoning me for another customer even though I came before him. At this point, he cornered me and told me to chill and that he was still on my work but only wanted to use the guy's NIN to link the already registered sim I paid for.

I was mad. So this is the extent people can go in a bid to make money? Imagine if I actually needed that sim and maybe I use it to perpetuate some crimes(God forbid) who do you think will be held responsible for it? I decided to bring this here to at least advise/warn us to be very careful and cautious of who has access to our NIN especially during this period that most sims are barred.

Pardon my grammar/typos. Thanks

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by silaxx(m): 9:19am On Apr 08, 2022
They do same thing in Benin city
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by AK481(m): 9:19am On Apr 08, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Two days ago I lost my phone on my way back from work. So I decided to buy/register a new sim card yesterday.

So I branched to Ajah (along Ado road) to buy and register a new sim pending when I will have time probably by weekend to retrieve my old number.

While the registration was ongoing, I noticed the agent/vendor was selling already registered sims to customers without NIN, I became curious to know how possible it is considering all the protocols involve in registering new sims. So I asked him how much he sells the already registered sims and he told me 5k and I was still wondering how possible it can be.

So to confirm whether or not it's true I paid for a sim (5k) and he started with the "processing". First of all, there is this guy that came in to complain that his number was blocked even though he has NIN and had link it with his sim. The vendor through the help of the device they run their business with confirmed that there is a variation in the name used in registering the sim and the one in the NIN so he was told to wait (till he is done doing my work).

So after I paid for the already registered sim, I was surprised that the agent now called the man and started taking his passport. I picked offense by this attitude and confronted him(the agent) for abandoning me for another customer even though I came before him. At this point, he cornered me and told me to chill and that he was still on my work but only wanted to use the guy's NIN to link the already registered sim I paid for.

I was mad. So this is the extent people can go in a bid to make money? Imagine if I actually needed that sim and maybe I use it to perpetuate some crimes(God forbid) who do you think will be held responsible for it? I decided to bring this here to at least advise/warn us to be very careful and cautious of who has access to our NIN especially during this period that most sims are barred.

Pardon my grammar/typos. Thanks

Which network ?

The bane of outsourcing your job to roadside vendors ,NCC should fine a heavy sum on defaulter network.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Goes Berserk, Stabs Wife, Pastor To Death In Imo (Video, Photos) / Tobi Abikoye Returns N1m Mistakenly Transferred To Him, Had N369 In Account / Kwame Bonsu Jailed For Raping And Assaulting His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.