Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Serious NIN Crime Going On - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Serious NIN Crime Going On (50968 Views)

NIN: Beware Of Fake App, NIMC Warns Nigerians / OOU Female Student Declared Missing After Going On A Date With Her Boyfriend. / There Is Something Terrible Going On In Onitsha And Anambra Now! (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by MyMouth(m): 10:12am On Apr 08, 2022
3verblazing:
Pops man had an issue too with this NIN/SIM REG few days back, some guys selling MTN sim came around with their usual funfair marketing strategy, music, uniforms n all.

Dad took interest and paid for one sim for 100 naira. Regstation was done successfully. He Then inserted his sim to start using. To his surprise MTN sent him welcome message listing 3 different numbers linked to his NIN account. Out of curiosity he went back to them to know why. Long story short, they had used his details to register two other SIM Cards. Dad got passed and threatened them. After plenty dragging n calling their superior he collected the other two sims.
Pple are desperate. Let's be very careful
Jus buy 4 sims from different network and link all to your NIN. Shikenen! I think that is the maximum you can link to one NIN. If you only reg. 1 or 2 sims to ur NIN, be sure some unscrupulous agent will use ur NIN to register another person's sim card. Na naija we dey, jus like if u refused to go vote then, your card will be used to vote and rig an unpopular politician in

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by shidof(m): 10:13am On Apr 08, 2022
Desperados:

Bros, dis tin don dey happen since na.
we knw dis tins.

Dis NIN linkage of a tin na just to track mor hustlers(yahoo boys) down, dem just dey lie wit terrorism or kidnapping.

I stil dey talk am nd i swear wit my 2 balls say dis NIN nonsense nor reach de north.

No kidnapper or terrorist wil be caught wit dis...
with all this garbages you wrote, I just have to believe to believe that normally say that Yahoo boys are bunch of dumbass and stupid personality
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by baralatie(m): 10:14am On Apr 08, 2022
Ok I get it now

The one in number can be used for at least 7 other lines
But then we are talking about false identity
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Theunbothered: 10:14am On Apr 08, 2022
Greyworld:
Well its very wrong but even with the BVN they introduced, people were robbed at gun point with pos, like forced to use their card on pos and nothing was done to trace those pos accounts.

I maybe wrong but this whole NIN is either for show off that the government is working or to trace those that are high profile.

You can't trace people with just NIN, anyone saying so is a liar.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by noskcid(m): 10:20am On Apr 08, 2022
Warn who?
undecided

DispatcherLagos:
Two days ago I lost my phone on my way back from work. So I decided to buy/register a new sim card yesterday.

So I branched to Ajah (along Ado road) to buy and register a new sim pending when I will have time probably by weekend to retrieve my old number.

While the registration was ongoing, I noticed the agent/vendor was selling already registered sims to customers without NIN, I became curious to know how possible it is considering all the protocols involve in registering new sims. So I asked him how much he sells the already registered sims and he told me 5k and I was still wondering how possible it can be.

So to confirm whether or not it's true I paid for a sim (5k) and he started with the "processing". First of all, there is this guy that came in to complain that his number was blocked even though he has NIN and had link it with his sim. The vendor through the help of the device they run their business with confirmed that there is a variation in the name used in registering the sim and the one in the NIN so he was told to wait (till he is done doing my work).

So after I paid for the already registered sim, I was surprised that the agent now called the man and started taking his passport. I picked offense by this attitude and confronted him(the agent) for abandoning me for another customer even though I came before him. At this point, he cornered me and told me to chill and that he was still on my work but only wanted to use the guy's NIN to link the already registered sim I paid for.

I was mad. So this is the extent people can go in a bid to make money? Imagine if I actually needed that sim and maybe I use it to perpetuate some crimes(God forbid) who do you think will be held responsible for it? I decided to bring this here to at least advise/warn us to be very careful and cautious of who has access to our NIN especially during this period that most sims are barred.

Pardon my grammar/typos. Thanks
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by oneMalik: 10:21am On Apr 08, 2022
....and not the govt like we always claim ..

imagine someone buying a pre-registered sim and will come here to blame govt whenever there's issues ..#I PITY THE FOOL.
duduade:
At this juncture we are our own nemesis

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by gaddafe(m): 10:23am On Apr 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Use the nimc app
Download it from play store
And you are good to go

I'm sorry the NIMC app cannot do what I described above. Or did you not read what I wrote? Or probably you didn't understand it. NIMC app only displays phone numbers that you linked to it using the app not through other methods. Which means if someone links his or her phone to your NIN at Ibadan and you are in Jos and you have the app, you can't see the linked number neither can you unlink it. This is a security loophole they should look at.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by BadNews: 10:24am On Apr 08, 2022
Nothing No Go See
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by CaptainFM1: 10:25am On Apr 08, 2022
We are our own problems in this country.
How will NIN system works perfectly If we start boycotting / bypassing the system.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Yemi4luv: 10:27am On Apr 08, 2022
Please I want to ask something can I use my brother nin number to link my own through their nimc app ?
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Kenog4real(m): 10:31am On Apr 08, 2022
This sim card sale is everywhere abeg. Even China dey sell already registered sim. Make police no just catch you say the info no tally with yours ni.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by seyz91(m): 10:37am On Apr 08, 2022
Nice write up and mind you, you need no telling anyone to pardon your writeup for grammar or error

Everyone makes mistakes okay, next time don't include it

The message is clear
DispatcherLagos:
Two days ago I lost my phone on my way back from work. So I decided to buy/register a new sim card yesterday.

So I branched to Ajah (along Ado road) to buy and register a new sim pending when I will have time probably by weekend to retrieve my old number.

While the registration was ongoing, I noticed the agent/vendor was selling already registered sims to customers without NIN, I became curious to know how possible it is considering all the protocols involve in registering new sims. So I asked him how much he sells the already registered sims and he told me 5k and I was still wondering how possible it can be.

So to confirm whether or not it's true I paid for a sim (5k) and he started with the "processing". First of all, there is this guy that came in to complain that his number was blocked even though he has NIN and had link it with his sim. The vendor through the help of the device they run their business with confirmed that there is a variation in the name used in registering the sim and the one in the NIN so he was told to wait (till he is done doing my work).

So after I paid for the already registered sim, I was surprised that the agent now called the man and started taking his passport. I picked offense by this attitude and confronted him(the agent) for abandoning me for another customer even though I came before him. At this point, he cornered me and told me to chill and that he was still on my work but only wanted to use the guy's NIN to link the already registered sim I paid for.

I was mad. So this is the extent people can go in a bid to make money? Imagine if I actually needed that sim and maybe I use it to perpetuate some crimes(God forbid) who do you think will be held responsible for it? I decided to bring this here to at least advise/warn us to be very careful and cautious of who has access to our NIN especially during this period that most sims are barred.

2 Likes

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Sunnyski: 10:37am On Apr 08, 2022
I have long given up on this country
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Panda7(m): 10:39am On Apr 08, 2022
I think there is a pin to unlink your nin from unknown number.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Gann: 10:41am On Apr 08, 2022
naija na yeye place before na
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by DispatcherLagos: 10:43am On Apr 08, 2022
seyz91:
Nice write up and mind you, you need no telling anyone to pardon your writeup for grammar or error

Everyone makes mistakes okay, next time don't include it

The message is clear
Thanks a lot boss.
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by twilliamx(m): 10:49am On Apr 08, 2022
DispatcherLagos:

Thanks for this bro

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by macjireh: 10:49am On Apr 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Use the nimc app
Download it from play store
And you are good to go
Do u know how to validate Nin with d app?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by DispatcherLagos: 10:50am On Apr 08, 2022
twilliamx:

Thanks for this bro
Thanks too boss
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Themandator: 10:51am On Apr 08, 2022
3verblazing:
Pops man had an issue too with this NIN/SIM REG few days back, some guys selling MTN sim came around with their usual funfair marketing strategy, music, uniforms n all.

Dad took interest and paid for one sim for 100 naira. Regstation was done successfully. He Then inserted his sim to start using. To his surprise MTN sent him welcome message listing 3 different numbers linked to his NIN account. Out of curiosity he went back to them to know why. Long story short, they had used his details to register two other SIM Cards. Dad got passed and threatened them. After plenty dragging n calling their superior he collected the other two sims.
Pple are desperate. Let's be very careful

I am still of the opinion that the nimc app should be provisioned to allow users remove numbers that are not theirs if they find any listed amongst their registered numbers
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Themandator: 10:54am On Apr 08, 2022
Yemi4luv:
Please I want to ask something can I use my brother nin number to link my own through their nimc app ?

That is what I did for my mum rather than let her be going to different. Locations... They sent her the otp and she forwarded to me

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by suffering: 10:54am On Apr 08, 2022
This NIN thing is a huge inconvenience and a reminder that Nigerians are never straightforward human beings. When the registration was ongoing, all my friends claimed they’d never create numbers for their lines. Immediately after the deadline my line is blocked meanwhile they are freely using theirs — showing that they secretly registered and lied to me. As long as I have internet on my phone MTN can kiss my hard, toned backside.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Themandator: 10:55am On Apr 08, 2022
gaddafe:

I'm sorry the NIMC app cannot do what I described above. Or did you not read what I wrote? Or probably you didn't understand it. NIMC app only displays phone numbers that you linked to it using the app not through other methods. Which means if someone links his or her phone to your NIN at Ibadan and you are in Jos and you have the app, you can't see the linked number neither can you unlink it. This is a security loophole they should look at.

Every number linked to your nin shows up.. Just drag down the app to. Refresh
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by gaddafe(m): 10:57am On Apr 08, 2022
Themandator:

Every number linked to your nin shows up.. Just drag down the app to. Refresh

So what about unlinking it?
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Themandator: 10:59am On Apr 08, 2022
MyMouth:

Jus buy 4 sims from different network and link all to your NIN. Shikenen! I think that is the maximum you can link to one NIN. If you only reg. 1 or 2 sims to ur NIN, be sure some unscrupulous agent will use ur NIN to register another person's sim card. Na naija we dey, jus like if u refused to go vote then, your card will be used to vote and rig an unpopular politician in

U can register 7.sims
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Edipet(m): 11:01am On Apr 08, 2022
treziMcCarthy:

Bro.. I greet you.
Is there a code or a way to know numbers that are linked with our NIN
he said they sent and,... that means those guy got his dad nin and register 3 sim and gave one sim to his dad

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Brushstrokes20: 11:02am On Apr 08, 2022
The shithole is all shades of nuisance!
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by ChocolateWine(f): 11:02am On Apr 08, 2022
evans4luv:
your own foolishness is like zee world extral ordinary everyday, dont u know that if the person that was linked to ur nin commit any crime, the police will come after u d real owner of nin, mumu think with ur brain and stop reasoning with ur pussy

Whose picture is on the nin?

Are you commenting with your prick?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by BabbanBura(m): 11:09am On Apr 08, 2022
shocked
Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Donarsy(m): 11:10am On Apr 08, 2022
Now you'll are saying Nigeria is a failed state and all....pointing fingers at the government each time. What about the guys doing this stuff, don't you think they are criminals? Nigeria is failing not just because of bad leaders, but bad commoners too.

1 Like

Re: Serious NIN Crime Going On by Greyworld: 11:10am On Apr 08, 2022
Jostoman:
they just want to use it to target some high profile before and after 2022 and 2023 election. If you are a celebrity and you know from your mind that this present government don't like you please that celebrity needs to be very careful from now till 2023.
That's what I see cos nothing happened when we got BVN even those POS stuff should
Never have happened. Nigeria weak me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Arrest Benue Yahoo Boys In Abuja (see Photos) / 34 Cultists Arrested In Akwa Ibom. 51 Secret Groups Banned In Schools (Full List / Lady Stabbed Dead By Robbers At Upper Iweka, Onitsha, Set To Be Buried (pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.