Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka (23731 Views)

Buhari Refused Lie Detectors Given By United States-wole Soyinka / Collation Officer In Igalama-Odolu Presents N50,000 Bribe Offered By Politicians / Gumsu Abacha Slams Wole Soyinka: Your Hate For My Father Shall Kill You, Mad Cow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by dre11(m): 7:06am On Apr 08, 2022
Nigerian Government Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US, Claimed They Would Not Work — Soyinka

Nobel laureate, Prof Wole Soyinka, has said Nigeria needs help and should request for same from the international community.
The literary icon, while speaking in Lagos on Thursday, said the Nigerian government had at a time rejected help offered by the United States of America to track down killers in the country.

He said the government refused the lie detectors and other technological support from the US, with the claim that such would not work on Nigerians.

He said he and several other concerned Nigerians had approached the US Embassy, and asked for the country’s support but was told there that the then president rejected support earlier offered.

He said, “The era of the slave trade is supposed to be over, if there is any impending violence, that qualifies us to ask for external, international help, I think it is the kidnapping and enslavement of our children, rather than look to mercenaries, let us ask for help internationally. A new era of slave trade is taking place and this is not a metaphor, you all know very well that we're being sold in the market in Tripoli.

“They hand them over in planes, aeroplanes, schools; we are overqualified for international assistance and let us stop guiding spurious national integrity and false pride and say we have reached the limit.

“A lot of these security issues can be solved by technology. When this tragedy happened, we approached the US Embassy on our own, and said we needed technical aid to solve these murders.

“From the US Embassy, we phoned the president (then Olusegun Obasanjo) because they told us that they had offered assistance. I asked what happened. They said the president was hesitating, so I said “Let’s phone him right here.” We phoned the president, and I said to him, “Don’t let it be heard that you were offered help to solve these murders and you failed.”

“He said to me, “Oh yes, they even talked about lie detectors, but you know Nigerians, they can beat any lie detector” he said, oh those machines. Then I said, “Take the help.” Let us stop relying on our empty pride and seek help.”

https://saharareporters.com/2022/04/07/nigerian-government-rejected-lie-detectors-offered-us-claimed-they-would-not-work-%E2%80%94

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by seunmsg(m): 7:13am On Apr 08, 2022

“From the US Embassy, we phoned the president (then Olusegun Obasanjo) because they told us that they had offered assistance. I asked what happened. They said the president was hesitating, so I said “Let’s phone him right here.” We phoned the president, and I said to him, “Don’t let it be heard that you were offered help to solve these murders and you failed.”

Knew it must have happened during the PDP regime.
freshkpomo

160 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 08, 2022
Okay. But some of us are tired of hearing this tales of moonlight during elective seasons na angry

Pls patronise us today for your power steering pump of all car models.
WhatsApp (0904597649seven
Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by Pdalds: 7:26am On Apr 08, 2022
grin
Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by inoki247: 7:27am On Apr 08, 2022
grin grin

lie detector wey b say if na electricity e dey use no light to power am even FG no go give the agency money for fuel to power Gen to take run am so we are used to d manual mode the one with torture.....

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by simpleseyi: 7:30am On Apr 08, 2022
Thunder will strike several looters dead soon

158 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by Iykoto86(m): 7:35am On Apr 08, 2022
seunmsg:

freshkpomo
Bros,what is even wrong with us in nigeria. i find it impossible to believe that some of you enjoy nigeria now better than the pdp era.PDP was corrupt and i agree,but apc is simply demonic and we might not survive as a country after this 8 yeas with apc .make una dey talk true naa.

161 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by seunmsg(m): 7:38am On Apr 08, 2022
Iykoto86:
Bros,what is even wrong with us in nigeria. i find it impossible to believe that some of you enjoy nigeria now better than the pdp era.PDP was corrupt and i agree,but apc is simply demonic and we might not survive as a country after this 8 yeas with apc .make una dey talk true naa.

Since it’s all about the truth and nothing else, who rejected the lie detector machines?

freshkpomo

151 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by ObaKlaz: 7:38am On Apr 08, 2022
Our governments have always been clueless and stupid, but they have a point on this one.

The lie detectors won't work on Nigerians.
Just one lie, the lie detectors would crash, not to talk of when you try them on Lie Mohammed, the lying machine himself.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by SarkinYarki: 7:39am On Apr 08, 2022
seunmsg:

freshkpomo

Like better things happen during the APC regime

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by Sonoyom(m): 7:40am On Apr 08, 2022
G
Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by freshkpomo(m): 7:41am On Apr 08, 2022
seunmsg:

Since it’s all about the truth and nothing else, who rejected the lie detector machines?

freshkpomo

You have forgotten that it was not lie Mohammed era,so lie detector would have been useless.

26 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by omowolewa: 7:42am On Apr 08, 2022
True, lie in Nigeria is soo much that the machine would hang up

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by AntiBMC(m): 8:01am On Apr 08, 2022
No surprises there. A govt of lies would always want nothing to do with the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by yanabasee(m): 8:10am On Apr 08, 2022
seunmsg:

freshkpomo

It can never happen now because the APC have automatic lying machine in the person of Lie Mohammad. Your Uncle.

freshkpomo:

I tell you, uncle Lai Mohammed would make the machine malfunction after exceeding the count of lies that can be read by a machine. But he is still the lord and savior to slaves like Mannabbqgrill Freestuffsng ilovedemmanna seunmsg (kadoso Mutairu) benuejosh Useni1 Azeez

lol... I swear

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by helinues: 8:11am On Apr 08, 2022
Aswear.

Mr Lai who pass the test 1 million times..

grin
Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by Noblechykk(m): 8:33am On Apr 08, 2022
seunmsg:

freshkpomo
One thing I love about bad leadership and the consequences it carries is that it doesn't recognize party. All of us are feeling it including all APC nairaland robots of which you seem to be the president general. Continue!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by MathewOG(m): 11:05am On Apr 08, 2022
Imagine the audacity, you approach a foreign government to request assistance in behalf of your government all without official permission. You even had them phone your president on the spot. Try that in Russia, let the phone Putin and ask him to accept foreign boots on ground to fight insecurity in his country. I highly doubt Soyinka’s account of how OBJ reacted is the truth.
Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by bigdammyj: 11:05am On Apr 08, 2022
Noted
Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by TalkTalkTwins(m): 11:06am On Apr 08, 2022
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by FactBoyz: 11:06am On Apr 08, 2022
sad
Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by slawormiir: 11:06am On Apr 08, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by BigDawsNet: 11:06am On Apr 08, 2022
grin

Nigeria is not ready to develop

If you wanna wait, you go tire
Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by suffering: 11:06am On Apr 08, 2022
Lie detectors aren’t accurate. They only work on people’s fear of getting caught.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Rejected Lie Detectors Offered By US - Wole Soyinka by WibusJaga: 11:07am On Apr 08, 2022
Those detectors will never work with the owner of this cap... grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Meets With Saraki And Dogara Behind Closed Door / Between Baguda's Rice Pyramid And Fayose's Stomach Infrastructure / Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.