Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,252 members, 7,860,582 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:58 PM

6 Critical Mistakes A Newbie In Business Must Avoid - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 6 Critical Mistakes A Newbie In Business Must Avoid (320 Views)

Do You Have #100k To Start This Business?must Read / 4 Things You Must Do If Your Business Must Grow / 6 Reasons Why Every Business Must Build A Website In 2018. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Critical Mistakes A Newbie In Business Must Avoid by Kemistri(f): 11:14am On Apr 08, 2022
Are you about starting a business but afraid of failing?

Your rich uncle just gave you this huge capital to start that business but you are so scared.

You are afraid you will fail.You don’t want to disappoint him. You don’t want his money to go down the drain.

HEY!
STOP THERE!

Your don’t have to fail and you shouldn’t fail if only you will pay attention to some of the Truths I will sharing with you in this write-up.

Ensure you read to the end.

There are some crucial mistakes that most startups make that you must avoid like plague

Mistake 1: WRONG MINDSET

For instance, if your main reason for wanting to do business is to make money, then you have already failed from the start.
Money will keep running away from you instead of coming to you.

Your main reason for being in business is to SOLVE PROBLEMS.
Be an answer somewhere.
Seek to solve people's problem and money will run after you.

MISTAKE 2: POOR RECORD KEEPING

A large number of startups don’t have proper records.
No customer's details.
No transaction details.
No financial details.

A no of times, startups underestimate what they are doing, saying ,”Its just a small business”.

If you can’t keep proper record in days of small beginning, you are going to be in a big mess by the time the business grows big. Well, that is if it ever survives.

So, keep proper record

Mistake 3: TOO SHY TO DEMAND FOR YOUR MONEY AFTER A TRANSACTION

I will cite an example.Mr A sold books to Mr B.One week later, Mr B is yet to pay up.Mr A is not asking for his money .
He feels: “ I don’t want him to feel that I like money “, “I don’t want him to feel bad”.

Aaargh!
That's a huge mistake .
If Mr A continues that way, his business will soon fold up.

I will say this without any apology.

IF YOU ARE TOO SHY TO ASK FOR YOUR MONEY, THEN YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO BE IN BUSINESS, GO GET A JOB INSTEAD!

See three things that can happen if you are shy about money:
1) Customers will withhold your money and use it for other purposes
2) Customers will cheat you
3) In no time , you will be in debt after the business must have folded up.

I will talk about the other two mistakes in the next article, watch out.

Till then, go and start succeeding in that business.
Remember if others can, you too can!

I remain yours in success
Kemi Oladeji
Content Marketer
Re: 6 Critical Mistakes A Newbie In Business Must Avoid by carl90(m): 11:47am On Apr 08, 2022
Insightful !
Re: 6 Critical Mistakes A Newbie In Business Must Avoid by Kemistri(f): 12:36pm On Apr 08, 2022
carl90:
Insightful !
Thanks
Re: 6 Critical Mistakes A Newbie In Business Must Avoid by Kemistri(f): 7:12am On Apr 09, 2022
Kemistri:

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Made Me Without Knowing Me – Obinwugo, Ijele Tea Founder / What Is SERP And Why Is It Crucial For Your SEO Ranking [find Out] / Loan Sharks Are Disturbing My Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.