Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? (16998 Views)

Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him / Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by seyz91(m): 12:35pm On Apr 09, 2022
You said it all
DLonely1:
Considering the economy, it should be from $5000 which is roughly 2,8000 Million monthly. At least you should be able to take care of yourself, your family and enjoy other good things of life plus investment as well.

The truth is that as a single guy, I spend above 200K monthly on feeding and other personal expenses. 5k be like 1K in this present economy. embarassed
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Alexpetra: 12:35pm On Apr 09, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to learn....

Who knows a real niggar might decide to quit keyboarding in the future and get a nice paying job
all ur keyboarding tools will be needed here o

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by MrBroke(m): 12:36pm On Apr 09, 2022
A well paying job doesn't exist, depends on how you can manage your pay. Cause no amount of money is enough money. grin

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 09, 2022
zeenaman:
What's the definition of a well-paying job in Nigeria? What range of salary can be regarded as well-paying?
3.5m up
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Anonymoususher: 12:40pm On Apr 09, 2022
A job that when life threatening sickness comes like kidney failure, cancer etc, your two months salary or HMO should be able to foot the bills comfortably .

Most so called well to do Nigerians are just a sickness away from death. Just one sickness, all life savings is drained yet half the bill hasn't been met that's why we always run to churches for miracles and die like chickens because we pray and hope to God to either heal us or give us the money for the treatment.

Why then have we been working all our lives? Of course just to eat and survive the next day.

May God help us

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by JayPeeOham: 12:43pm On Apr 09, 2022
zeenaman:
What's the definition of a well-paying job in Nigeria? What range of salary can be regarded as well-paying?

Well paying jobs in Nigeria are:

1 Politics
2 More politics
3 More and more politics grin

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by abimic(m): 12:47pm On Apr 09, 2022
No b who get job go think of well paying jobs. My oga once showed me a CV forwarded to us by our HR so we can review if he matches our needs, the young man has families, he is way advance in age, and had had no job for many years, even though we rejected the CV for having no programming skills. Then my oga said we are in a long depressing situation as a country because the level of joblessness in Nigeria is a time bomb soon to explode.

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Fatbam003: 12:50pm On Apr 09, 2022
MAGG0T:

E better make you leave this useless country for Buhari and his kinsmen, and go hustle somewhere else...

Even if you are earning 1 million a month...

Atrocities in this country won't make you save shishi
na lie. Earning 1m a month u can never complain

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by cooooooks(m): 12:57pm On Apr 09, 2022
If everybody is offline, who will but from your website's na?

ecomalchemist:
500k a month for single guy. If God con punish you with slay queen wey no get work or business...na handicap be that...because that 500k go reach 50k in 2 weeks.

Just about 3% of the population earn that much.

In Nigeria, you can never become wealthy by being placed on a salary in these buhari times...

Calculate your expenditure (feeding, transportation, data, calls, accommodation, netflix and chill) you go even find out say money don finish before month end, you go con download all the loan apps for playstore , your people go con dey disturb me say you carry thier money run.

Learn a skill, business or trade to remain financially free.

Know this and know peace ! !!

you need to pick up yourself and hit the streets running with good information which I'm about to share with you and other unemployed or underemployed Nigerians.

> Take a course on Marketing and Sales.<

Learn how to sell.

Find someone who is doing a business and making sales offline. You’ll find many of them in Onitsha, Computer village, Aba, Alaba, Aspamda, Idumota, etc.
Most of these people have no idea what goes on online. They also do not care what goes on online.

All they care about is making sales and getting
money flowing into the business daily.

Be their online person.

Bring their business online, and advertise to those who want what they sell.

You will make money doing this.
You’ll make a lot of money doing this.

As a woman, you can open an online shop for that woman selling lace in Aba, and add money on top onto for yourself. That’s your own profit on every sale.
As a guy, you can open an online store store for that man selling computers at Computer village.

Read information from Google and publish content about computers and what people should look out for before buying a laptop.
More people would begin to reach out to you when need laptops.

Reach out to that guy who makes shoes and footwear in your neighborhood and be their online guy.
Promote what they make online and add your own profit.

Look around you, look where others are neglecting, you’ll find a gem.

You can’t afford to be idle for long.
You can’t afford to stay broke.
You can’t afford to continue earning a meagre salary every month.

You don’t need to be a genius to make money online, and have a better life.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.

You will make a lot of money.
Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.
You need to start operating smartly.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.

Contact me for the gadget importation guide from US. Its free
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Kingjames(m): 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2022
You are right in my shoe bro

God will save us
DLonely1:
Considering the economy, it should be from $5000 which is roughly 2,8000 Million monthly. At least you should be able to take care of yourself, your family and enjoy other good things of life plus investment as well.

The truth is that as a single guy, I spend above 200K monthly on feeding and other personal expenses. 5k be like 1K in this present economy. embarassed
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2022
I think generally 1m monthly .

But for single guy 500k will suffice..
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Ugosample(m): 1:07pm On Apr 09, 2022
Interesting thread
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by ufuosman(m): 1:07pm On Apr 09, 2022
150k above
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by kjhova(m): 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2022
A well paying job is actually quite relative as what is well paying for me may be low paying for Cuppy Otedola and be a stuff of dreams for Jinadu, the bricklayer apprentice!

I'd rather consider a side definition of a well paying job as any one with a salary range that can get you out of poverty and into the lower middle income bracket. Now, we must consider 3 additional items herr:; location, marital status & social condition. I make a small assumption here to accommodate the items above - 35yrs old male, based in low end of Lagos, married with 2 young kids, not very social and quite churchy. Let's go.

Your main lines of expenses, as a family unit, will be:

Accommodation (Rent) - N400k
Food & Groceries - N380k
Educational fees - N520k
Subscriptions (data, tv, etc) - N210k
Fuel (car & generator) - N290k
General purchases - N500k
Medical care - N220k
Replacement & Repairs - N150k
Entertainment - N50k
Give aways (family etc) - N50k
Tithe, Offerings, Zakat etc. - N170k
Miscellaneous - N100k
Long term savings - 100k
Short term savings - 40k

TOTAL - N3,180,000.00 (three million, one hundred and eighty thousand naira only).

The above is all the family requires for a year to live a fairly decent lower middle income life above poverty rate in Lagos boroughs like Iju, Ipaja, Epe, etc.

If only the man works, a net monthly salary of N270k should serve them. If both parents work, anything above N130k each should do. From this point on, the availability of career growth with possibility of income rise will make the job resemble something you can call a well paying job.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by zedegit: 1:15pm On Apr 09, 2022
zeenaman:

It used to be #250 000 but now it's #500 000 and above.

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by SmartPolician: 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2022
The definition of a well-paying job depends on the number of dependants you have, experience and age.

A fresh graduate who earns 100k - 250k is not doing badly.

A family man who earns between 1m - 5m is not doing badly.

These are the kind of jobs people sit on, waiting for their children to take over.

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by chloride6: 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2022
700k a month...

1m if married...

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by OKame(m): 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2022
The definition of " well paying" is relative...50k job somewhere can be better than a 100k job some place else...

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Johel(m): 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2022
zeenaman:

500k monthly is a good paying job

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by victorDanladi: 1:42pm On Apr 09, 2022
iLoveYouToo:
For me it’s a salary that after deducting my basic transportation/fuel and monthly feeding, I’ll still have at least half of the pay left
You should have added monthly house rent
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:47pm On Apr 09, 2022
victorDanladi:

You should have added monthly house rent

Oops, I totally omitted that
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Chukwudi4naija(m): 2:06pm On Apr 09, 2022
kjhova:
A well paying job is actually quite relative as what is well paying for me may be low paying for Cuppy Otedola and be a stuff of dreams for Jinadu, the bricklayer apprentice!

I'd rather consider a side definition of a well paying job as any one with a salary range that can get you out of poverty and into the lower middle income bracket. Now, we must consider 3 additional items herr:; location, marital status & social condition. I make a small assumption here to accommodate the items above - 35yrs old male, based in low end of Lagos, married with 2 young kids, not very social and quite churchy. Let's go.

Food & Groceries - N380k
Educational fees - N520k
Medical care - N220k
Entertainment - N50k
Miscellaneous - N100k
Long term savings - 100k
Short term savings - 40k

TOTAL - N3,180,000.00 (three million, one hundred and eighty thousand naira only).

The above is all the family requires for a year to live a fairly decent lower middle income life above poverty rate in Lagos boroughs like Iju, Ipaja, Epe, etc.

If only the man works, a net monthly salary of N270k should serve them. If both parents work, anything above N130k each should do. From this point on, the availability of career growth with possibility of income rise will make the job resemble something you can call a well paying job.
Food and Groceries 380K is not even manageable for a single guy in a year.

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by dododawa1: 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2022
MC oluomo job is well pay job.
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Thomaslablancma: 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2022
iLoveYouToo:
For me it’s a salary that after deducting my basic transportation/fuel and monthly feeding, I’ll still have at least half of the pay left
werey,be specific..
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by ibechris(m): 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2022
U are too practical and your analysis is well thought out.

Others just dey talk wetin no dey practical. When u are talking about salary or what people earn yearly is the best way to work out the calculation in both jobs and business.

Keep it up.

kjhova:

Food & Groceries - N380k
Educational fees - N520k
Medical care - N220k
Entertainment - N50k
Miscellaneous - N100k
Long term savings - 100k
Short term savings - 40k

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Edipet(m): 2:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Anything above 100k for those that are contented, and anything above 1 million for those that want to impress the world, by hyped iPhone that was 950k when released, now it's like 500k, have the biggest car and the loudest gen in their street, buy hyped Dior, Gucci, anything below 500k for this kind of people, is a big problem, Because 500k can't cover maintenance and pay bills.

For the contented, 100k is enough, and they will like their happy silent life.

Meanwhile, the best of them all is a contented person earning 1 million+
good analysis
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by BePrepared: 2:34pm On Apr 09, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to learn....

Who knows a real niggar might decide to quit keyboarding in the future and get a nice paying job

Does yahoo plus give you up to 500 000 a month.
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Selfmotivated: 2:36pm On Apr 09, 2022
zeenaman:
200k and above.
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Babsolala: 2:44pm On Apr 09, 2022
This question is relative.
In my opinion, where you live in the country matters the most.
For a single person earning around 200 to 300k in some parts of the north where 200 to 220k can get you a mini-flat (room and palor, tiled and with POP), that could be the person's definition of a "well-paying" job.

Food and transportation isn't on the high side in the north as well. I mean after paying your rent (once a year), the 200 to 300k in subsequent months should be enough to cater for monthly feeding and other expenses, plus one should still be able to save close to 40 or 50% of the salary monthly. I don't mean someone who is addicted to the frivolous kind of lifestyle.
Then imagine what someone staying in a single room would be able to achieve.
All of these don't include Abuja though.

If the same isn't applicable down south, then I wouldn't say it's a well-paying job.

Nigeria Immigration Service Application Forms On Sale For The 2012/13 Intake / How Depressed Do You Feel In Your Current Place Of Work? Part II / The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62