Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,275 members, 7,815,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? (17000 Views)

Man Leaves High Paying Job To Follow His Passion. Wife-to-be "Unfollows" Him / Should I Forfeit My Better Paying Job, For A Fg Job. / I Recently Lost My High Paying Job And I'm At A Crossroads On What To Do Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Ebubu: 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2022
Nothing less than 500k a month

Sadly, only tech jobs or jobs that pay in US Dollars can enjoy that much.

Other people include Politicians and Business men.

Tech, business, politics.
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Brownshoe: 3:28pm On Apr 09, 2022
Abeg which category be my own, 91k salary, bachelor, ondo state, the salary quick to go o,
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by iLoveYouToo(m): 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2022
Thomaslablancma:
werey,be specific..

Mumu it’s relative
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2022
Tapout:

Depends on some factors, like location, cost of living etc. A 50k job can be a well paying job for someone in Gombe state.
like seriously?
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by COMPAQ(m): 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2022
DLonely1:
Considering the economy, it should be from $5000 which is roughly 2,8000 Million monthly. At least you should be able to take care of yourself, your family and enjoy other good things of life plus investment as well.

The truth is that as a single guy, I spend above 200K monthly on feeding and other personal expenses. 5k be like 1K in this present economy. embarassed

You shouldn't be converting a US salary to Nigeria. Cost of living in relative terms is cheaper here, so a good salary shouldn't be as much. Rent in Nigeria is cheaper (except in highbrow parts of Lagos), so also food if you shop in open market. We also don't pay as much taxes in Nigeria as they do abroad.

So for me I'd say N1mln a month is a good salary in Nigeria.
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by okuta007: 4:17pm On Apr 09, 2022
subsidywise18:
A job that will enable a man or a woman to take care of a family of six, a side chick/guy, a maid, a driver, a gaggle of relatives, build a house, have three cars, take vacations in Dubai once a year, or twice a year, have twenty million in the savings at any time t, and still have something left over at the end of the day

(Being able to build a house for the parents in the village is an added bonus.).

Modified

Also enable you to send the kids to primary school in London and New York.

you are in dreamland - wake up niggur grin
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by toplexy28(m): 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2022
cashapp available check my siggy
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by bluefilm: 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2022
Electrochemistry:
Anything between 150k and 250k for bachelors; 450k and 750k for married men,

Clearly, women don't work at all in your family or wherever you are coming from.

Nonsense. lipsrsealed
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Tapout(m): 4:57pm On Apr 09, 2022
omoharry:
like seriously?

Yes, why do sound surprised? undecided
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by HausaIboYoruba: 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2022
DLonely1:
Considering the economy, it should be from $5000 which is roughly 2,8000 Million monthly. At least you should be able to take care of yourself, your family and enjoy other good things of life plus investment as well.

The truth is that as a single guy, I spend above 200K monthly on feeding and other personal expenses. 5k be like 1K in this present economy. embarassed
you guys will just come out of your rat holes to type rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Bbbw: 5:19pm On Apr 09, 2022
None
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:37pm On Apr 09, 2022
kiddkash:
A job with good working conditions, a clear career growth path and enough to take care of your financial worries with extra to save

just my 2 cents
My 2 cents damnnn
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to learn....

Who knows a real niggar might decide to quit keyboarding in the future and get a nice paying job
Damnnn you must be a real key board warrior first to comment..
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Hassanmaye(m): 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Anything above 100k for those that are contented, and anything above 1 million for those that want to impress the world, by hyped iPhone that was 950k when released, now it's like 500k, have the biggest car and the loudest gen in their street, buy hyped Dior, Gucci, anything below 500k for this kind of people, is a big problem, Because 500k can't cover maintenance and pay bills.

For the contented, 100k is enough, and they will like their happy silent life.

Meanwhile, the best of them all is a contented person earning 1 million+
Lol this your comment is hilarious and irony to make fun of stupid people who want to live large beyond their earnings angry
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by eyiolarhomisore: 5:55pm On Apr 09, 2022
Is a 92k job a well paying job for a 21 year old bachelor??
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 5:56pm On Apr 09, 2022
Tapout:

Yes, why do sound surprised? undecided
Since Buhari's administration,N50K look like 15k to me.

1 Like

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Tapout(m): 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2022
omoharry:
Since Buhari's administration,N50K look like 15k to me.

What's your state of residence?
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by ProSapien: 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2022
ecomalchemist:
500k a month for single guy. If God con punish you with slay queen wey no get work or business...na handicap be that...because that 500k go reach 50k in 2 weeks.

Just about 3% of the population earn that much.

In Nigeria, you can never become wealthy by being placed on a salary in these buhari times...

Can you please provide your email address. I'll like to contact you
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by alabo1: 6:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
It depends on your marital status, number of kids and location. But notwithstanding for any status and location, A good salary must not be less than 250k per month

A reasonable answer. I see people talking 2000 pounds equivalent and such and I laugh. That is not even the average wage in developed climes much less here. 250k is the minimum for me. Anything less is worrisome. However like everything in life it's not how much you make but how well it's managed.peace

1 Like

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Joeyfizzo: 8:19pm On Apr 09, 2022
timagentms:
A place where you can have a career growth, and at the end of the month, your take home is something tangible.

This place mostly is I.T companies.
the military
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Snitch24(m): 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2022
subsidywise18:
A job that will enable a man or a woman to take care of a family of six, a side chick/guy, a maid, a driver, a gaggle of relatives, build a house, have three cars, take vacations in Dubai once a year, or twice a year, have twenty million in the savings at any time t, and still have something left over at the end of the day

(Being able to build a house for the parents in the village is an added bonus.).

Modified

Also enable you to send the kids to primary school in London and New York.
That's extra vagant
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by genius2b(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2022
Banditry and kidnapping. Salary: Millions of Naira
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 9:18pm On Apr 09, 2022
Tapout:

What's your state of residence?
Lagos
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Younghacka(m): 4:40am On Apr 10, 2022
ecomalchemist:
500k a month for single guy. If God con punish you with slay queen wey no get work or business...na handicap be that...because that 500k go reach 50k in 2 weeks.

In Nigeria, you can never become wealthy by being placed on a salary in these buhari times...

Calculate your expenditure (feeding, transportation, data, calls, accommodation, netflix and chill) you go even find out say money don finish before month end, you go con download all the loan apps for playstore , your people go con dey disturb me say you carry thier money run.

Learn a skill, business or trade to remain financially free.

Know this and know peace ! !!

you need to pick up yourself and hit the streets running with good information which I'm about to share with you and other unemployed or underemployed Nigerians.

> Take a course on Marketing and Sales.<

Learn how to sell.

Find someone who is doing a business and making sales offline. You’ll find many of them in Onitsha, Computer village, Aba, Alaba, Aspamda, Idumota, etc.
Most of these people have no idea what goes on online. They also do not care what goes on online.

All they care about is making sales and getting
money flowing into the business daily.

Be their online person.

Bring their business online, and advertise to those who want what they sell.

You will make money doing this.
You’ll make a lot of money doing this.

As a woman, you can open an online shop for that woman selling lace in Aba, and add money on top onto for yourself. That’s your own profit on every sale.
As a guy, you can open an online store store for that man selling computers at Computer village.

Read information from Google and publish content about computers and what people should look out for before buying a laptop.
More people would begin to reach out to you when need laptops.

Reach out to that guy who makes shoes and footwear in your neighborhood and be their online guy.
Promote what they make online and add your own profit.

Look around you, look where others are neglecting, you’ll find a gem.

You can’t afford to be idle for long.
You can’t afford to stay broke.
You can’t afford to continue earning a meagre salary every month.

You don’t need to be a genius to make money online, and have a better life.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.

You will make a lot of money.
Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.
You need to start operating smartly.

Contact me for the gadget importation guide from US. Its free
Boss Eco. . .I Dey Hail From This Side.
Abeg I Need That Your Importation Guide.
Nah Wisdom, Your Guy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by JanetMoore(f): 6:06am On Apr 10, 2022
Political jobber
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Tapout(m): 7:54am On Apr 10, 2022
omoharry:
Lagos

Exactly my point. The cost of living in lagos is on the high side, that's why having 50k feels like having 15k.

You can't compare the cost of living in Gombe to Lagos. That's why I said a 50k job for someone in Gombe state will seem like a well paying job.

I'm not sure you understood my initial post.
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 8:11am On Apr 10, 2022
Tapout:

Exactly my point. The cost of living in lagos is on the high side, that's why having 50k feels like having 15k.

You can't compare the cost of living in Gombe to Lagos. That's why I said a 50k job for someone in Gombe state will seem like a well paying job.

I'm not sure you understood my initial post.
ok. I get it

1 Like

Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by showafrica(m): 8:38am On Apr 10, 2022
zeenaman:
What's the definition of a well-paying job in Nigeria? What range of salary can be regarded as well-paying?

$1000 monthly
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Glamswizard(m): 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2022
ecomalchemist:

Calculate your expenditure (feeding, transportation, data, calls, accommodation, netflix and chill) you go even find out say money don finish before month end, you go con download all the loan apps for playstore , your people go con dey disturb me say you carry thier money run.

Learn a skill, business or trade to remain financially free.

Know this and know peace ! !!

you need to pick up yourself and hit the streets running with good information which I'm about to share with you and other unemployed or underemployed Nigerians.

> Take a course on Marketing and Sales.<

Learn how to sell.

Find someone who is doing a business and making sales offline. You’ll find many of them in Onitsha, Computer village, Aba, Alaba, Aspamda, Idumota, etc.
Most of these people have no idea what goes on online. They also do not care what goes on online.

All they care about is making sales and getting
money flowing into the business daily.

Be their online person.

Bring their business online, and advertise to those who want what they sell.

You will make money doing this.
You’ll make a lot of money doing this.

As a woman, you can open an online shop for that woman selling lace in Aba, and add money on top onto for yourself. That’s your own profit on every sale.
As a guy, you can open an online store store for that man selling computers at Computer village.

Read information from Google and publish content about computers and what people should look out for before buying a laptop.
More people would begin to reach out to you when need laptops.

Reach out to that guy who makes shoes and footwear in your neighborhood and be their online guy.
Promote what they make online and add your own profit.

Look around you, look where others are neglecting, you’ll find a gem.

You can’t afford to be idle for long.
You can’t afford to stay broke.
You can’t afford to continue earning a meagre salary every month.

You don’t need to be a genius to make money online, and have a better life.

You will make a lot of money.
Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.
You need to start operating smartly.

Contact me for the gadget importation guide from US. Its free

[color=#990000][/color] please I need your importation guide .
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 10, 2022
okuta007:

you are in dreamland - wake up niggur grin

I'm not waking up from this one... cheesy
Re: What Is A Well-paying Job In Nigeria? by JaySambo: 7:52am On Apr 11, 2022
Who says what a man can do, a woman can't

Women are no longer confined to the kitchen convenience.
Women have proven to be pivotal in piloting the affairs of sectors men control.

Women are everywhere; Construction and Warehousing industries, Seaports, Engineering, oil Companies, Sailors, Crane, Forklift, Excavator, Payloader, Bulldozer, Reach Stacker, Swamp buggy Operators and Commercial Truck Drivers.

Women are good at their jobs.

EQUILOG Offers international Certification in the aforementioned Heavy Equipment Machineries Operators Training.

I am calling on all especially, women to not be left out in this regard.

Registration is currently ongoing. Hurry now, limited seats available.
For inquiries @Equilogroup.com
Call or WhatsApp no; 07030406820.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grm_df7Wxyo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Immigration Service Application Forms On Sale For The 2012/13 Intake / The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? / Does Your Income Seem Insufficient? Here’s How You Can Boost It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.