Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Whats The Opinion On People From Delta In Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Whats The Opinion On People From Delta In Nigeria? (539 Views)

Why Do Afuze And People From Owan East Bear Yoruba Names / Do People From Calabar & Akwa Ibom Eat Humans? / Traditionalists Lay Curses On People Insulting Oba Of Benin On Social Media(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Opinion On People From Delta In Nigeria? by JonOfAustrlia: 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2022
I have lived with a girl from Delta, was neighbors with a guy from Delta. I know a few aunties from Delta. Lol. People I know have called them wicked.

The girl I lived with was sweet at first. I really liked her but then after a while I could see shes a bit wicked. Like someone will have a smile on their face while guiding u to hell lol! But I dont have a real opinion.

What do u all think?

I sense intelligence with a hint of wickedness always there.
Re: Whats The Opinion On People From Delta In Nigeria? by RichMelanin: 7:12pm On Apr 09, 2022
JonOfAustrlia:
I have lived with a girl from Delta, was neighbors with a guy from Delta. I know a few aunties from Delta. Lol. People I know have called them wicked.

The girl I lived with was sweet at first. I really liked her but then after a while I could see shes a bit wicked. Like someone will have a smile on their face while guiding u to hell lol! But I dont have a real opinion.

What do u all think?

Deltans are not wicked people, we are friendly and intelligent people
We can sometimes be coney when you try to play on our intelligence

We are very friendly and sarcastic people
Re: Whats The Opinion On People From Delta In Nigeria? by JonOfAustrlia: 7:17pm On Apr 09, 2022
RichMelanin:

Deltans are not wicked people, we are friendly and intelligent people
We can sometimes be coney when you try to play on our intelligence

We are very friendly and sarcastic people
i just tried to look up the definition of coney and couldnt find it. What do u mean?
Re: Whats The Opinion On People From Delta In Nigeria? by RichMelanin: 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2022
JonOfAustrlia:
i just tried to look up the definition of coney and couldnt find it. What do u mean?

Let me rephrase that sentence by replacing coney with ‘Trickish’

Although everyone hasn’t their good and ugly sides but in general, we are not bad people.
And it would be wrong to generalize a group of person to being something just by one persons action or other people’s defaults

1 Like

Re: Whats The Opinion On People From Delta In Nigeria? by RedboneSmith(m): 11:54pm On Apr 09, 2022
JonOfAustrlia:

Lol. He meant cunning.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Opinion On People From Delta In Nigeria? by B2mario(m): 7:17pm On Apr 13, 2022
JonOfAustrlia:

What do u all think?

Deltans are not one people. So which particular people are you referring to?
Is it the Igbos, the Urhobos, the Itsekiris or the ijaws?

What I know is that the Urhobos are very stingy and can yap a lot, the itsekiris talk and shout a lot, the ikas are stingy and cunning while the other Igbos behave like the Igbos across the Niger.

(1) (Reply)

Myth Or Fiction?that Some Certain Beings Hold Rain Preventing It From Falling / Ancient Tribal Marks In Nigeria (Video) / Nwuche Impressed As Upata Kingdom Confers Chieftaincy Titles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.