Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore (720 Views)

Sad But True Realities Of Life (my Observations) / How We Ignore The Good Guys For The Bad Ones / Why Do We Ignore Male Rape Cases? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by hotwax: 7:50am On Apr 10, 2022
It’s not ideal to point fingers at anyone, but it also advantageous to point out some inconsistencies.

Abusive and violent marriages have sent many people to prison or early graves. The question is “Could these unfortunate situations have been prevented in the first place?”

In most cases, yes.

Take a look at young lovers (dating relationship).

A girl will be in a relationship and her boyfriend will slap her whenever she makes a mistake. He later begs her for forgiveness. The little slaps will crystalize to heart seizing punches when they get married.

Or a guy with his girl beating another girl in public. That stupid girl knows little that she will also be a punching bag one day.

Girls see all these fearful signs and still go ahead to marry these little men (little men has nothing to do with height. They are men who can’t handle their anger)

Girls will tell you “He will change”

But when they get married and the beating is getting them embarrassed in the society, they will come up with “He suddenly changed. He was not like this”. I hate this lie with passion. Women knew men, they just ignored the red flag and jump into marriage. They always think “I will manage him” “Once I give him baby, he will calm down”

He will not calm down, he will kill you, or you kill him, or send you to prison.

Note this fact, a man can be beating a woman every day, but the day the woman raises up her hands to defend herself, is the day she ends up in prison. Who knows if it’s a knife the object she picks up to defend herself, afterall, women don’t have the bone and muscle to compete with men in a physical fight.

Another one, a woman people are trying to save from domestic violence keeps going back to that man. She later confidentially told her close friend that she actually married the man because of his big dck. She could not survive without it.

It was shocking. That’s when I understand that women are the number 1 enablers of domestic violence.

Answers to domestic abuse start from courtship stage. The moment your boyfriend slaps you. Or even made attempt by raising his hands up. It’s the first time ooo, he did it by mistake ooo, he was drunk ni ooo…you know all those stupid excuses on your head…Ignore those excuses and run…safe yourself.

Is it big cassava, money or influence? Or whatever it is, also think of prison yard and untimely death. Your life should worth more than that to you. If you carelessly submit your life to these vanities, you will answer to your maker who gave you the life you wasted carelessly.

To our Christian brothers and sisters who always use the bible as excuse to stay in death sentence. Yes the bible frown at Divorce, but the bible also gave a saving grace to victims. Here is what the bible says about anyone under persecution or violent situations

Jesus told those persecuted for his name to flee from one city to another to escape persecution (Matthew 10:23), and sometimes the apostles did so (Acts 14:5–6).
Finally, It is heartless to make someone remain in an abusive situation.

PSSSSSS: Now the biggest hypocricy is: Women will stay in a near death marriage but once they discovered their husband/boyfriend double date, they separate immediately. The logic no clear to me.

2 Likes

Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Eastarn: 7:51am On Apr 10, 2022
Age is not on my side

2 Likes

Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by hotwax: 7:53am On Apr 10, 2022
Eastarn:
Age is not on my side

Common excuse

1 Like

Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by dollynnn(f): 7:53am On Apr 10, 2022
#Say No to Domestic Violence
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by immortalcrown(m): 7:58am On Apr 10, 2022
Eastarn:
Age is not on my side
grin
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 10, 2022
They call it love. Some say age. Some is dependant ratio (money). Some don't just know their worth. Some don't wanna go back to their parents house for fear of being accused of jumping from one husband to the other which is known as Ilemosu in Yoruba language. Some ll say they can't leave their kids.
Whatever is the reason domestic violence is bad!
Religious houses should frown against it. Separation or divorce should be legalised by religious bodies!
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Jeon(f): 8:03am On Apr 10, 2022
no go marry, all your mates dy horseband and u sit down for ur papa house house,evening newspaper
common society themez use in shaming unmarried girls .

so don't blame them for enduring all harassment and embarrassment ..

sometimes family pressures can serve as the major factor.

4 Likes

Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by hotwax: 8:03am On Apr 10, 2022
Sweetplum:
They call it love. Some say age. Some is dependant ratio (money). Some don't just know their worth.
Whatever is the reason domestic violence is bad!
Religious houses should frown against it. Separation or divorce should be legalised!

Divorce is legal in the court. But religion forbids it.

So, women should decide between Law or religion.
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Kobicove(m): 8:09am On Apr 10, 2022
hotwax:

What nonsense religion angry
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Nobody: 8:09am On Apr 10, 2022
hotwax:

I want it legalised religiously
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by hotwax: 8:10am On Apr 10, 2022
Sweetplum:
I want it legalised religiously

then you need to rewrite the bible
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Nonexisting: 8:13am On Apr 10, 2022
hotwax:

Religion that white men brought to us, right? In my town, a woman goes back to her papa house if her husband beats her and the man must come beg with his people before the wife's people accept that she goes back to him and they will give conditions too. To me, any woman that dies from domestic violence commits suicide. I don't even blame their monster husbands because one can not blame a wild animal for behaving like an animal, I can only blame human for continued mutual association with an animal. If your husband is beating you and you are still staying because your pastors preaches against divorce, you are a fool. I will rather be in the world and not suffer than being in the lord and suffer for one imaginary reward in an imaginary heaven.

1 Like

Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Pojomojo: 8:17am On Apr 10, 2022
The woman who sang ekueme die as a result of domestic violence

1 Like

Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Pojomojo: 8:18am On Apr 10, 2022
hotwax:

And many keep dying
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Pojomojo: 8:21am On Apr 10, 2022
Just a reminder if you want to learn crypto join the link on my signature on telegram
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Pojomojo: 8:22am On Apr 10, 2022
Just a reminder if you want to learn crypto join the link on my signature on telegram

FREE signals
Lastest News
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by hotwax: 8:24am On Apr 10, 2022
Nonexisting:
Religion that white men brought to us, right? In my town, a woman goes back to her papa house if her husband beats her and the man must come beg with his people before the wife's people accept that she goes back to him and they will give conditions too. To me, any woman that dies from domestic violence commits suicide. I don't even blame their monster husbands because one can not blame a wild animal for behaving like an animal, I can only blame human for continued mutual association with an animal. If your husband is beating you and you are still staying because your pastors preaches against divorce, you are a fool. I will rather be in the world and not suffer than being in the lord and suffer for one imaginary reward in an imaginary heaven.

apt...you spoke my mind
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by hotwax: 9:35am On Apr 10, 2022
Pojomojo:
The woman who sang ekueme die as a result of domestic violence

very sad news. Many women are in violent marriage, but they are smiling in public...if u know the kind fire burning them at home..

1 Like

Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Sureplug123(m): 10:52am On Apr 10, 2022
Domestic abuse, also called "domestic violence" or "intimate partner violence", can be defined as a pattern of behavior in any relationship that is used to gain or maintain power and control over an intimate partner. Abuse is physical, sexual, emotional, economic or psychological actions or threats of actions that influence another person. This includes any behaviors that frighten, intimidate, terrorize, manipulate, hurt, humiliate, blame, injure, or wound someone. Domestic abuse can happen to anyone of any race, age, sexual orientation, religion, or gender. 99% of Married Men are in violent union's but then, "are you not a man?" Violence goes beyond fisty cuff.

Are You Being Abused?
Look over the following questions to think about how you are being treated and how you treat your partner.

Recognizing the signs of domestic abuse
Does your partner…

Embarrass or make fun of you in front of your friends or family?
Put down your accomplishments?
Make you feel like you are unable to make decisions?
Use intimidation or threats to gain compliance?
Tell you that you are nothing without them?
Treat you roughly—grab, push, pinch, shove or hit you?
Call you several times a night or show up to make sure you are where you said you would be?
Use drugs or alcohol as an excuse for saying hurtful things or abusing you?
Blame you for how they feel or act?
Pressure you sexually for things you aren’t ready for?
Make you feel like there is “no way out” of the relationship?
Prevent you from doing things you want – like spending time with friends or family?
Try to keep you from leaving after a fight or leave you somewhere after a fight to “teach you a lesson”?

Do you...

Sometimes feel scared of how your partner may behave?
Constantly make excuses to other people for your partner’s behaviour?
Believe that you can help your partner change if only you changed something about yourself?
Try not to do anything that would cause conflict or make your partner angry?
Always do what your partner wants you to do instead of what you want?
Stay with your partner because you are afraid of what your partner would do if you broke up?
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Savedday: 11:24am On Apr 10, 2022
Is it only men that indulge in domestic violence?

9ja girls are out to add more burden to your life instead of softening it.

They are nothing but useless. All of them...
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Kobojunkie: 11:26am On Apr 10, 2022
hotwax:

What religion forbids divorce abeg? undecided

Does religion also forbid the abused from running away from her abuser for good? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 10, 2022
hotwax:

then you need to rewrite the bible
Bible never condemned separation. Wisdom is profitable to direct. If couples can't divorce cos of domestic violence they can separate for a while.
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Pojomojo: 11:25am On Apr 11, 2022
hotwax:

very sad news. Many women are in violent marriage, but they are smiling in public...if u know the kind fire burning them at home..
Yes, they cannot leave because the man is the sole provider
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Pojomojo: 11:25am On Apr 11, 2022
Sweetplum:
Bible never condemned separation. Wisdom is profitable to direct. If couples can't divorce cos of domestic violence they can separate for a while.
what's the difference between septation and divorce?
Re: The Realities Of Domestic Violence We Ignore by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 11, 2022
Pojomojo:
what's the difference between septation and divorce?
Separation is to leave a spouse for a while & later come back while divorce is a legalised form of marriage dissolution. In divorce, couples are not responsible for each other anymore.

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It That Most South Girls Only Visit Men When They Want Something Active? / Husband Don't Know Neighbor Has Been Chopping His Wife / Who Knows This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.