Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,944 members, 7,814,194 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

What Must I Do To Be Born-again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Must I Do To Be Born-again? (906 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:32am On Apr 10, 2022
What Must I Do To Be Born-again?

Despite the common use of this term by Christians, I've come to observe that many don't really know what it means to be born-again. They confuse it for being saved, however that's not right because being born-again is much more than just being saved.

The purpose of this thread is to address that misconception, so Christians would be able to distinguish between the two terms, and consequently better understand what it actually means and takes to be born again.

Not all saved are born-again but all born-again are saved.

Being saved is with regards entering the kingdom of God in heaven, while being born-again is with regards entering the kingdom of God here on Earth.

John 3:5 (KJV)

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Hence, while the saved only begin to live the life of the Spirit or the Kingdom of God in heaven after they die, the born-again begin to live the life right from here on Earth.

Therefore the only difference between the born-agains on Earth and the saints in heaven is that those on Earth yet have flesh, however they are both born of the Spirit, hence both spirit beings.

John 3:6 (KJV)

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

So although those born-again on Earth were not yet in heaven, it's the same standard of God's Kingdom in heaven, which is the Will of God, that they also abide by.

Those in heaven are under obligation to Will of God, that's what makes heaven to be God's kingdom. Hence God gave Jesus His Will in the form of commandments to give to men on Earth to also observe, so as to establish His Kingdom also on Earth, so His Will which is done in heaven would also be done on Earth.

Matthew 6:10 (KJV)

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Hence it's the keeping of those Words that makes anyone to become born again and of the Spirit, because those Words God gave to Jesus for this purpose are Spirit and Life.

John 6:63 (KJV)

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Therefore when any man keeps those Words, which is the Will of God that is done in heaven on Earth, that person automatically becomes born of the Spirit, and hence no longer of this world, but of the Kingdom of God.

John 17:6 (KJV)

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

John 17:14 (KJV)

I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

So it takes the keeping of those commandments God gave to Jesus to establish His Kingdom on Earth, for any man to be born again and hence no longer of this world but of the Kingdom of God.

God bless.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:33am On Apr 10, 2022
However, the Will of God or those commandments which a man needs to keep to become born again, is easier said though than done here on Earth, because it is the stuff of spirits but man is yet flesh, and the flesh is weak, hence many fall short of the requirements, including even some of those who are truly saved.

This is the reason many of Jesus disciples, including some who were truly saved, revolted and turned their backs on Him. John 6:60-66

This is also the reason the rich young man, who also met the requirement of salvation, declined the offer from Jesus to forsake all and follow Him, which in other words means for him to become born-again and to enter into the Kingdom of God here on Earth, because that's what it takes. Matthew 19:16-22

This is the reason why many as the rich young man are called but only few are chosen of God. Matthew 22:14

This is also the reason why according to Jesus, "it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24.

It is not because it's that hard for a rich man to be saved, but it's that hard for a rich man to become born again, because Jesus wasn't speaking of the Kingdom of God in heaven but that which He was sent by God to establish here on Earth, which is much more difficult to enter than that in heaven, so even many who are saved fall short of it.

But the benefits for the few who do meet that difficult requirement are something else.

I'd usually liken it to the scientific phenomenon called the escape velocity which is very hard to meet, but once met, the rocket once and for all beats the gravitational pull of the Earth and begins to glide in space.

So although it's very hard hurdle to scale through, once surmounted, it's God that becomes fully responsible for the person and begins to carry Him.

Hence why, the salvation of the saved is not guaranteed and could be lost, that of the born-again is eternal sealed. It's because, the while the salvation of those who are just saved depends on the saved, that of the born-agains depends on God.

That's why Jesus yet came back for His disciples who kept His Word even though that they had forsaken Him during His arrest, but not those who turned their backs on Him because of His Word.

They are the ones that are in God's hands so no one can pluck them out of His hands.

They're the only ones that God can swear by His own name to bless, because God no longer sees them as someone else but as Himself.

They're the ones Jesus said would do great works and even greater works than that which He was doing while on Earth. It's because, it's only those (born-agains) who have paid the price or done what it takes to be born-again, that could be endued with a full measure of the Power from on high (Spirit of God) as Jesus was.

They are ones Jesus used to build His church which the gates of hell couldn't prevail against regardless of the storms and whatever it unleashed upon it, because it was founded upon the Rock, which is His Word!

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock."
Matthew 7:24-25

"upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Matthew 16:18

God bless.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by Uprightness100(m): 9:28am On Apr 10, 2022
Being saved is as simple as A, B, C

1.A- Admit that you're a sinner
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

Your sin is what Separates you from the Holy GOD.

2. B- Believe the Lord JESUS.
Romans 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

You need to Believe who JESUS is.
You need to Believe that HE is the son of GOD, sent down to the world to take the Penalty for your sins.

3. C- Confess the LORD JESUS
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

You need to Confess that JESUS is LORD.

1 Like

Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by obonujoker(m): 9:36am On Apr 10, 2022
Great submissions from post posters...

God will continue to keep us in His words and commandments... Amen

1 Like

Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:53am On Apr 10, 2022
obonujoker:
Great submissions from post posters...

God will continue to keep us in His words and commandments... Amen
Amen.

Good morning to you, Lalasticlala and all Nairalanders.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by cornelboy(f): 8:18am On Apr 11, 2022
Being saved is with regards entering the kingdom of God in heaven, while being born-again is with regards entering the kingdom of God here on Earth.
You mixed things up a bit here.

You clearly show distinction between born agains and those that are saved. And you still say those that are saved (not born again) enters the kingdom of God.

John 3:3,5,7
[3]Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”
[5]Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.
[7]So don’t be surprised when I say, ‘You must be born again.’

It's clear from the above verses that only those that are baptized by the holy spirit are born again. And only them will enter the kingdom of God in heaven.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:30am On Apr 24, 2022
Amen!
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:45am On May 01, 2022
Thank you Lord for another beautiful day.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by paltielx: 12:25pm On May 01, 2022
John 17:3 answers the question. You have to know God (Jehovah) and the one whom he sent(Jesus). Knowing them means you must know what they like and what they don't like at the same time your try your best to do those things they like. By so doing you will be truely born again
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by rukz: 1:28pm On May 01, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Thank you Lord for another beautiful day.
sir what can hinder someone from recieving the gift of the holy spirit?
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:35am On May 03, 2022
rukz:
sir what can hinder someone from recieving the gift of the holy spirit?
Sorry for the late response...

Obeying the Word of God, especially the teachings of Jesus, is the prerequisite for receiving the Spirit of God.

So, disobedience of the Word of God or sin can hinder someone from doing so.

God bless.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by rukz: 2:44pm On May 03, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

Obeying the Word of God, especially the teachings of Jesus, is the prerequisite for receiving the Spirit of God.

God bless.
Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible for someone who has the gift of speaking in tongue to lose it as a result of sin.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:36pm On May 03, 2022
rukz:
Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible for someone who has the gift of speaking in tongue to lose it as a result of sin.
You're welcome.

As for your question, yes!

The Spirit of God can leave someone because of sin so also the gifts that come with Him.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by azammi(m): 10:14pm On May 03, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
You're welcome.

As for your question, yes!

The Spirit of God can leave someone because of sin so also the gifts that come with Him.
that’s not true .

Romans 11:29 For God’s gifts and his call can never be withdrawn.

For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

1john2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, [/b]lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.[b]
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by azammi(m): 10:17pm On May 03, 2022
No according to the scriptures it’s not possible.
rukz:
Thanks for the reply.

Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by azammi(m): 10:21pm On May 03, 2022
Well I’m not disagreeing with your point but based on the scriptures I can say it’s only lack of faith because if you read the Matthew 7:7-11 you’ll understand that as long as you asked you’ll receive.
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:02am On May 04, 2022
azammi:
that’s not true .

1john2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, [/b]lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.[b]

azammi:
No according to the scriptures it’s not possible.
Which scriptures are you speaking of? These?

1 Samuel 9:17

And when Samuel saw Saul, the LORD said unto him, Behold the man whom I spake to thee of! this same shall reign over my people.

1 Samuel 10:6

And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.

1 Samuel 10:10

And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them.

1 Samuel 15:26 (KJV)

And Samuel said unto Saul, I will not return with thee: for thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, and the LORD hath rejected thee from being king over Israel.

1 Samuel 16:1 (KJV)

And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Beth-lehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.

1 Samuel 16:14 (KJV)

But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

You can still check out the instance of Samson in the book of Judges in the Bible, not my own book, if you're still not satisfied.

1 Like

Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by azammi(m): 6:34am On May 04, 2022
Saul experience is not the New Testament experience, Christ Promised is the Holy Spirit that will be with us . The Holy Spirit was not yet given .

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, [/b]lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
jesusjnr2020:

Which scriptures are you speaking of? These?

1 Samuel 9:17

[b]And when Samuel saw Saul, the LORD said unto him, Behold the man whom I spake to thee of! this same shall reign over my people.

1 Samuel 10:6

And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man.

1 Samuel 10:10

And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them.

1 Samuel 15:26 (KJV)

And Samuel said unto Saul, I will not return with thee: for thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, and the LORD hath rejected thee from being king over Israel.

1 Samuel 16:1 (KJV)

And the LORD said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Beth-lehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.

1 Samuel 16:14 (KJV)

But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

You can still check out the instance of Samson in the book of Judges in the Bible, not my own book, if you're still not satisfied.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:41pm On May 04, 2022
azammi:
Saul experience is not the New Testament experience, Christ Promised is the Holy Spirit that will be with us . The Holy Spirit was not yet given .

Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
You said my comment was not in line with scriptures, and I've proven to you they were with that instance of Saul in the old testament.

Now you're talking of the new testament, so let me also corroborate that instance of Saul with the Gospel of Jesus which He commanded His disciples to teach men to observe as is depicted in the verse you quoted, not something else that He didn't send them.

Matthew 22:2-14 (KJV)

The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.

But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.

So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called, but few are chosen.

It's a long passage but it's just one of the instances in the Gospels of Jesus that proves a man who is called can be later rejected by God because of disobedience as Saul was. That's why as you can see at the end, "many are called, but few are chosen". What distinguishes the many called for the few chosen ones is the obedience of God's Word.

Even the chapter you quoted of Jesus contradicts your idea in this case because the promise He made is hinged on the obedience of the commandment He gave to His disciples. So it was only if they did as Jesus had commanded them to do, and teach men to observe what He'd commanded them, that He would be with them always. If they didn't do that He wouldn't. That's why He's not so much with today's church as He was with that of disciples who obeyed His commandment. Today's church doesn't keep His commandment as that church did.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by azammi(m): 9:46pm On May 04, 2022
A man called by God can be rejected yes on the last day but the gifts and calling can’t be taking away .
jesusjnr2020:
You said my comment was not in line with scriptures, and I've proven to you they were with that instance of Saul in the old testament.

Now you're talking of the new testament, so let me also corroborate that instance of Saul with the Gospel of Jesus which He commanded His disciples to teach men to observe as is depicted in the verse you quoted, not something else that He didn't send them.

Matthew 22:2-14 (KJV)

The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.

But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.

So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called, but few are chosen.

It's a long passage but it's just one of the instances in the Gospels of Jesus that proves a man who is called can be later rejected by God because of disobedience as Saul was. That's why as you can see at the end, "many are called, but few are chosen". What distinguishes the many called for the few chosen ones is the obedience of God's Word.

Even the chapter you quoted of Jesus contradicts your idea in this case because the promise He made is hinged on the obedience of the commandment He gave to His disciples. So it was only if they did as Jesus had commanded them to do, and teach men to observe what He'd commanded them, that He would be with them always. If they didn't do that He wouldn't. That's why He's not so much with today's church as He was with that of disciples who obeyed His commandment. Today's church doesn't keep His commandment as that church did.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.
Matthew 7:22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’
Matthew 7:23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

This people were not living In the will of the father and they were sinning but still they functioned very well in the calling and gifts and these can only be done with the Holy Spirit presence .
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:54am On May 05, 2022
azammi:
A man called by God can be rejected yes on the last day but the gifts and calling can’t be taking away .

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.
Matthew 7:22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’
Matthew 7:23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

This people were not living In the will of the father and they were sinning but still they functioned very well in the calling and gifts and these can only be done with the Holy Spirit presence .
The question wasn't if everyone who sins would lose spiritual gifts or calling as a result, but if someone could lose or not receive spiritual gifts because of sin, so that those didn't lose theirs doesn't mean that there weren't those who did.

The passage I quoted of Jesus teachings proved that there are those who would be lose their calling or not receive spiritual gifts from God because of disobedience as I stated, because that obviously wasn't speaking of the last day, but the days beforehand when God was still calling people.

Here's another saying of Jesus to add to that:

John 15:1-2 (KJV)

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

So it's not just in the days of king Saul that God used to do so but also in the days of Jesus and beyond.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by azammi(m): 3:45pm On May 05, 2022
Im not agreeing but there are a lot of scriptures that says otherwise I’ve posted them .
It is written that “the gifts and call of God is without repentance” in other words cannot be withdrawn or lost .
jesusjnr2020:
The question wasn't if everyone who sins would lose spiritual gifts or calling as a result, but if someone could lose or not receive spiritual gifts because of sin, so that those didn't lose theirs doesn't mean that there weren't those who did.

The passage I quoted of Jesus teachings proved that there are those who would be lose their calling or not receive spiritual gifts from God because of disobedience as I stated, because that obviously wasn't speaking of the last day, but the days beforehand when God was still calling people.

Here's another saying of Jesus to add to that:

John 15:1-2 (KJV)

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

So it's not just in the days of king Saul that God used to do so but also in the days of Jesus and beyond.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:23pm On May 05, 2022
azammi:
Im not agreeing but there are a lot of scriptures that says otherwise I’ve posted them .
It is written that “the gifts and call of God is without repentance” in other words cannot be withdrawn or lost .
Jesus commanded His disciples to teach men to observe His teachings not that of someone else, but you've not posted any of His saying that proves that a man cannot lose his spiritual gift or calling because of sin, except that of someone else which goes against His teachings which clearly shows that a man can lose spiritual gifts and be rejected by God because of sin as those I've posted.

Your are free though to place the sayings of someone else over His, however you should know that there are spiritual consequences for that because Jesus cannot fully back anyone who doesn't fully obey His command.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by azammi(m): 4:31pm On May 05, 2022
The Bible is the word of God and even Jesus said he that theyvis so much more that he couldn’t tell his disciples but when the Holy Spirit comes he’ll guide them to all truth . And they is no place that Jesus said he’ll take the Holy Spirit from you if you sinned that never happened in all the New Testament from the beginning to the End and it cannot happen because he said he’ll be with us till the end of the earth . Well you are just trying to say all what the apostles said are wrong and we shouldn’t follow it forgetting that it was the Holy Spirit in them that gave them what to say .
You can also say they is no gift of the spirit because Jesus didn’t say that with is mouth he only talked about new tongues.
jesusjnr2020:
Jesus commanded His disciples to teach men to observe His teachings not that of someone else, but you've not posted any of His saying that proves that a man cannot lose his spiritual gift or calling because of sin, except that of someone else which goes against His teachings which clearly shows that a man can lose spiritual gifts and be rejected by God because of sin as those I've posted.

Your are free though to place the sayings of someone else over His, however you should know that there are spiritual consequences for that because Jesus cannot fully back anyone who doesn't fully obey His command.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:12pm On May 05, 2022
azammi:
The Bible is the word of God and even Jesus said he that theyvis so much more that he couldn’t tell his disciples but when the Holy Spirit comes he’ll guide them to all truth . And they is no place that Jesus said he’ll take the Holy Spirit from you if you sinned that never happened in all the New Testament from the beginning to the End and it cannot happen because he said he’ll be with us till the end of the earth . Well you are just trying to say all what the apostles said are wrong and we shouldn’t follow it forgetting that it was the Holy Spirit in them that gave them what to say .
You can also say they is no gift of the spirit because Jesus didn’t say that with is mouth he only talked about new tongues.
You say the Bible is the Word of God, right?

But i have given you instances from the Bible which clearly proved you wrong about someone losing spiritual gifts or calling because of sin. I gave you one from the old testament in the Bible about Saul. Most importantly, i also gave you several from the sayings of Jesus in the Bible to prove you wrong, but you chose to believe the saying of someone else above that of Christ.

Now I'm going to give you another in the new testament, but this time not from Jesus but from the church He built.

Acts 5:1-10 (KJV)

But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.

Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

Now this is not in the old testament so you would still have an excuse. So tell me what happened to Ananias and his wife Sapphira if sin cannot make someone lose his spiritual gifts and calling? It made them lose something more than that, which is their lives.

It was after Peter said it was not a lie unto men but unto God, so if the callings and gifts of God are indeed without repentance, who made them lose it and ultimately their lives after they sinned? It not the same Spirit that departed from king Saul after he sinned?

Moreover this saying proves the bolded of your comment a false accusation based on blind sentiments, because this was taken from church of the apostles, so it's only when they did or said something contrary to teachings of Jesus, as that antichrist saying which you chose to believe, that I'd reject.

As you may already know, i place Jesus commandments, as that which He gave to His disciples to teach men to observe His commandments, above that of any other, because a man cannot serve two masters but just one. And mine is Jesus!

Have a nice day.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by azammi(m): 8:13pm On May 05, 2022
Your twisting this stuff using that scripture that are not related , they lost there lives not spiritual Gifts or calling and they never said anything like spiritual gift ,life is not the calling of God . Those are two different things.
Even in the Old Testament there were prophets that the Lord took there lives because of sin but God didn’t take there calling . God rejected saul but that Saul was till king till his death .
The spirit of God was taking away from him because at that time he wasn’t promised to anyone till Jesus came .

Lol now you are calling the word of God antichrist because everything I said had scriptural backing to it , now if it’s an Antichrist saying it means James even Paul were influenced by the Antichrist. Sometimes it’s better to ask the Holy Spirit to teach you than say things you don’t know .

The Bible says The gifts and calling of God are without repentance you arguing against this word means you’re calling God a liar . All those point you brought out those not relate to anyone loosing his Gifts or calling due to sin . So I’ll stick with what my bible tells me even tho they say it’s Antichrist than to what a man think .

No part of the Bible was written by the hands of God so if you say it’s only Jesus talk that is true then how do you know it , the Bible was given by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and if anyone discard that then it’s the spirit of the Antichrist.
jesusjnr2020:
You say the Bible is the Word of God, right?

But i have given you instances from the Bible which clearly proved you wrong about someone losing spiritual gifts or calling because of sin. I gave you one from the old testament in the Bible about Saul. Most importantly, i also gave you several from the sayings of Jesus in the Bible to prove you wrong, but you chose to believe the saying of someone else above that of Christ.

Now I'm going to give you another in the new testament, but this time not from Jesus but from the church He built.

Acts 5:1-10 (KJV)

But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.
But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.

Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

Now this is not in the old testament so you would still have an excuse. So tell me what happened to Ananias and his wife Sapphira if sin cannot make someone lose his spiritual gifts and calling? It made them lose something more than that, which is their lives.

It was after Peter said it was not a lie unto men but unto God, so if the callings and gifts of God are indeed without repentance, who made them lose it and ultimately their lives after they sinned? It not the same Spirit that departed from king Saul after he sinned?

Moreover this saying proves the bolded of your comment a false accusation based on blind sentiments, because this was taken from church of the apostles, so it's only when they did or said something contrary to teachings of Jesus, as that antichrist saying which you chose to believe, that I'd reject.

As you may already know, i place Jesus commandments, as that which He gave to His disciples to teach men to observe His commandments, above that of any other, because a man cannot serve two masters but just one. And mine is Jesus!

Have a nice day.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:42am On May 06, 2022
azammi:
Your twisting this stuff using that scripture that are not related , they lost there lives not spiritual Gifts or calling and they never said anything like spiritual gift ,life is not the calling of God . Those are two different things.
Even in the Old Testament there were prophets that the Lord took there lives because of sin but God didn’t take there calling . God rejected saul but that Saul was till king till his death .
The spirit of God was taking away from him because at that time he wasn’t promised to anyone till Jesus came .

Lol now you are calling the word of God antichrist because everything I said had scriptural backing to it , now if it’s an Antichrist saying it means James even Paul were influenced by the Antichrist. Sometimes it’s better to ask the Holy Spirit to teach you than say things you don’t know .

The Bible says The gifts and calling of God are without repentance you arguing against this word means you’re calling God a liar . All those point you brought out those not relate to anyone loosing his Gifts or calling due to sin . So I’ll stick with what my bible tells me even tho they say it’s Antichrist than to what a man think .

No part of the Bible was written by the hands of God so if you say it’s only Jesus talk that is true then how do you know it , the Bible was given by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and if anyone discard that then it’s the spirit of the Antichrist.
I never called the Word of God Antichrist or God a liar. You lied against God and insulted Him by calling the word of men inspired by their flesh and not His Spirit, the Word of God.

You hold fast to man-made ideas, doctrines and traditions as though they were of God and then use it to falsely accuse those who truly keep and preach the Word of God as the Pharisees used to do in those days to Jesus.

Kindly show me anywhere in the Bible Jesus said the Bible is the Word of God and commanded us to keep it. It is men that did that not Jesus, yet you hold fast to it! The commandment Jesus gave is to teach men to observe His Word, not the Bible or those of any men, therefore any word of any man that counteracts or doesn't align with that of Christ, including those in the Bible, is Antichrist, hence shouldn't be kept or preached by any true follower of His.

That also includes any such saying of the apostles of Christ because not all said by them in the Bible was inspired by the Spirit of God... There was a comment Peter made in the Bible that Jesus said, it was not flesh and blood that revealed it him but the Spirit of God, but there's another he made in the Bible, which Jesus' reply to him was, "get behind me Satan!"

That's the difference between Christ and any of His apostle. All of His Words, every single one of them, was inspired of the Spirit of God, but the same cannot be said of His apostles as illustrated by that instance of Peter. That's why it's important that whatever they say must align with the teachings of Jesus, for it to be observed by any believer in accordance with the commandment Jesus gave to teach all men to observe His commandment.

You're free though to keep holding fast to man-made ideas, doctrines, traditions, as though they were of God, like taking the Bible be the Word of God, that's your own business. But as least you know that for me it's different, because the Word of God in my opinion is the teaching of Christ and anyone which aligns with His teachings.

I hence rest my case on this matter, because if all the instances I've presented from the Bible you claim to be the Word of God which have proven beyond any reasonable doubt, your idea was man-made and not of God, were unable to convince you because of blind sentiments and unfounded preconceptions, then there's no point to continue.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:51am On May 06, 2022
azammi:
that’s not true .

My previous response to you was supposed to be my last on this matter since your heart's proven to be hardened against the Truth, but I received this while praying this morning, and believed it came from God because that often happens when I pray, hence my sharing it.

Mark 4:24-25 (KJV)

And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.

This is very clear, but if you like take it or still be arguing blindly, it's not with me, but with Jesus, because this is not my own word, but His Words which He said we should teach all men..

I'm out.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by tctrills: 12:44pm On May 06, 2022
cornelboy:

You mixed things up a bit here.

You clearly show distinction between born agains and those that are saved. And you still say those that are saved (not born again) enters the kingdom of God.

John 3:3,5,7
[3]Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”
[5]Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit.
[7]So don’t be surprised when I say, ‘You must be born again.’

It's clear from the above verses that only those that are baptized by the holy spirit are born again. And only them will enter the kingdom of God in heaven.
Only those who are baptized by water and the Holy Ghost would be saved and would enter or see the Kingdom of God. You need to be born again in other to be saved. Those that are not born again would not be saved. That is what Jesus says. So if you want to be saved, you must be born of water and the Holy Ghost.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by cornelboy(f): 7:59pm On May 06, 2022
tctrills:

Only those who are baptized by water and the Holy Ghost would be saved and would enter or see the Kingdom of God
No! Jesus said those that are born of water and spirit are born agains and they will enter God's Kingdom.

You need to be born again in other to be saved. Those that are not born again would not be saved.
You need to believe, get saved (Romans 10:9&10), are now qualified to be baptized by or born of water and spirit and definitely quality to enter the kingdom.

That is what Jesus says. So if you want to be saved, you must be born of water and the Holy Ghost

Where did Jesus say that?
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by tctrills: 8:12pm On May 06, 2022
cornelboy:

No! Jesus said those that are born of water and spirit are born agains and they will enter God's Kingdom.

You need to believe, get saved (Romans 10:9&10), are now qualified to be baptized by or born of water and spirit and definitely quality to enter the kingdom.

Where did Jesus say that?
Let's make this very easy. Are you saying that some people would be saved in his kingdom while others would be saved outside his kingdom?
What does it mean to be saved?
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by tctrills: 12:27am On May 07, 2022
Uprightness100:
Being saved is as simple as A, B, C

1.A- Admit that you're a sinner
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

Your sin is what Separates you from the Holy GOD.

2. B- Believe the Lord JESUS.

You need to Believe who JESUS is.
You need to Believe that HE is the son of GOD, sent down to the world to take the Penalty for your sins.

3. C- Confess the LORD JESUS

You need to Confess that JESUS is LORD.

Be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Creates People? Jesus Or The Father / Food For Thought / Food For Thought;tell The Truths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.