Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

What Must I Do To Be Born-again? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Must I Do To Be Born-again? (942 Views)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To Born Again Lady Using Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On May 07, 2022
Uprightness100:
Being saved is as simple as A, B, C

1.A- Admit that you're a sinner
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

Your sin is what Separates you from the Holy GOD.

2. B- Believe the Lord JESUS.
Romans 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

You need to Believe who JESUS is.
You need to Believe that HE is the son of GOD, sent down to the world to take the Penalty for your sins.

3. C- Confess the LORD JESUS
Romans 10:9-10
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

You need to Confess that JESUS is LORD.
This maybe the script fed you by your pastors and mogs but I am afraid it is not the way taught by Jesus Christ, for a man to be born-again. undecided
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by cornelboy(f): 11:21pm On May 07, 2022
tctrills:

Let's make this very easy. Are you saying that some people would be saved in his kingdom while others would be saved outside his kingdom?
What does it mean to be saved?

Is entering the kingdom same as being saved?
Where did Jesus say all his followers would enter the kingdom to be saved?

To be saved means to have eternal life!
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by tctrills: 11:27pm On May 07, 2022
cornelboy:

Do you mean some would be in the kingdom and not saved?

Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 7:21
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by tctrills: 11:32pm On May 07, 2022
cornelboy:

More verses to help you

Ephesians 5:5
For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by cornelboy(f): 11:36pm On May 07, 2022
tctrills:

More verses to help you

Ephesians 5:5
For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

How were these verses supposed to help me?
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by tctrills: 11:39pm On May 07, 2022
cornelboy:

How were these verses supposed to help me?
You seem to say that not all those in his kingdom would be saved but He is telling you that his kingdom is for the righteous, the save not the sinners.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by cornelboy(f): 11:40pm On May 07, 2022
tctrills:

Do you mean some would be in the kingdom and not saved?
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 7:21
Where does the Bible say every believer will enter the kingdom?

Everyone in the kingdom are saved already.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by tctrills: 11:50pm On May 07, 2022
Where does the Bible say every believer will enter the kingdom? I don't get you, I never indicated this. On the contrary, only believers who are faithful and abound in his Commandments would enter the Kingdom.

Everyone in the kingdom are saved already.
We both agree. The saved would be in the kingdom and the Unsaved would be cast out.
Re: What Must I Do To Be Born-again? by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On May 02, 2023
paltielx:
John 17:3 answers the question. You have to know God (Jehovah) and the one whom he sent(Jesus). Knowing them means you must know what they like and what they don't like at the same time your try your best to do those things they like. By so doing you will be truely born again
Not holding brief for anyone here but this is balderdash! undecided

Jesus Christ in the context of John 3 vs 1 - 21 where He used the term born-again explained exactly what it means even citing the evidence all those who are born-again must have to know they in fact are. Attempting to circumvent His teachings on the subject will only amount of a wasting of one's own time and possibly life. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Jesus Going To Be A Man Forever? / Benny Hinn Apologises To Christians For False Teachings On Prosperity / A Man That Has The Earth As His Footstool!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.