Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,432 members, 7,850,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:10 AM

The Odd Man Out - Those Who Do The Right Thing In Nigeria Are Alone! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Odd Man Out - Those Who Do The Right Thing In Nigeria Are Alone! (170 Views)

UNDEFEATED: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, The Odd Man Out? / The Moment Wike Pushed Man Out Of His Way & Left PDP Convention Venue / Osun Rerun: Thugs Beating Man Out Of Polling Center At Osogbo LG, Ward 5 Unit 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Odd Man Out - Those Who Do The Right Thing In Nigeria Are Alone! by VaselineCrew: 2:47pm On Apr 10, 2022
This morning at about 9am, I was stopped at a traffic light off Awolowo road Ikoyi - Lagos, waiting to turn into Awolow road.

It was just me and surprisingly, a danfo that stopped. EVERY OTHER CAR, JUST RAN THE LIGHT!

When my light now turned green, the cars on Awolowo road would not stop for their own red light. They all kept speeding like there was no RED light in front of them. Some abusing you while some looking at you like, they don’t understand why you are angry at them for almost killing you by running the red light.

So out of about 30-50 cars that I saw at that intersection, only 2 cars obeyed the traffic light law.

I almost shed tears, like why are we even like this?

Where is the police?

So many questions, holding back tears for a people that just love to do the wrong thing.

Have we now gotten to a point were the majority of Nigerians are lawless?

Where you have to search under a rock to find one person that obeys the law?

I am sad honestly, how could all of them be so wicked and lawless? Someone please explain it to me.
Re: The Odd Man Out - Those Who Do The Right Thing In Nigeria Are Alone! by VaselineCrew: 2:51pm On Apr 10, 2022
Not even one out of the maybe 50 law breakers was pulled over by police, but go to a residential place and you will see up to 20 police men randomly stopping new range rovers and Benz that have done nothing wrong.

God in heaven, please I can’t deal, please! This is not how a decent society operates my King. You are justice and order, but our people choose chaos everyday.
Re: The Odd Man Out - Those Who Do The Right Thing In Nigeria Are Alone! by WATCHOVER(m): 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2022
90% of Nigerians are hypocrites
Re: The Odd Man Out - Those Who Do The Right Thing In Nigeria Are Alone! by VaselineCrew: 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2022
How can I effect change? How can those of us that want a better Nigeria effect change?

Can I do it alone?

Should I have parked my car at the intersection and caused a scene, preaching to everyone some of the most basics of ethics, like stopping at a traffic light?

What could I have done? Just ignore and say “This is Nigeria”?

I am still so sad from that event. The thought that everyone will just disregard the law at will here but travel to nearby Dubai and be obeying all their laws, even trembling.

Why do most of you hate your country so much that you think it doesn’t deserve better? Doesn’t deserve law and order?

Even if the police is useless, decency would dictate that only a few people would run that light, but for EVERYONE TO RUN IT except two of us, I mean haba! Haba!

Then the way they abuse you for following the law, stopping at the light. The way they abuse you when they almost hit your car because THEY DID NOT STOP FOR THEIR RED LIGHT!

What sort of rubbish is this?

Or do I turn suicide bomber and take out as many dumb people as I can?

Will society change then when news headlines read “Suicide bomber takes out traffic offenders”?

God forbid!!

God please change our hearts and bring upon great leaders to your people!
Re: The Odd Man Out - Those Who Do The Right Thing In Nigeria Are Alone! by VaselineCrew: 3:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
I understand why people say society gets the leaders they deserve.

Most of those people will go home and complain about having a useless government, which is indeed correct, because if we had an honest, diligent, God fearing government, MOST OF THEM WOULD BE IN JAIL!

So they choose to vote those that will support their lawless and corrupt lifestyle.

Most people don’t really want Nigeria to get better it would seem.

(1) (Reply)

ALGON Condemns False Interpretation Of Court Order By Purported ALGON IMC / Election23: Journalists Ask Sen Akpabio If He Would Be Contesting For President / Envoy Briefs VP On Next UN Meeting On Climate Change To Hold In Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.