Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,277 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. (2355 Views)

3.9m For 2005 Corolla: Is It Really Worth It? / My Ex-girl Is Disturbing Me.. What Should I Do / My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by Piso1234: 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2022
My Toyota corolla 2010 refuses to start after a long distance driving but would start after waiting for like 30mins. What's really wrong? ���
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by mdokaba1(m): 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2022
Its most definitely the fuel pump or the kick starter sir.

Had same issue traveling from kano to Cross Rivers. Car stopped and refused to start after several attempts. Got a new fuel pump and one hand, e Start and didn't experience it again.

A dying kick starter presents such symtom too.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by Piso1234: 5:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
mdokaba1:
Its most definitely the fuel pump or the kick starter sir.

Had same issue traveling from kano to Cross Rivers. Car stopped and refused to start after several attempts. Got a new fuel pump and one hand, e Start and didn't experience it again.

A dying kick starter presents such symtom too.

I've changed like 3 fuel pump, I've changed cold start and starting sensor. Still happening.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by EngRichie: 8:35am On Apr 11, 2022
Vapor lock, kick starter, crankshaft position sensor.

1 Like

Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by AutoMoTech(m): 9:14am On Apr 11, 2022
Piso1234:

I've changed like 3 fuel pump, I've changed cold start and starting sensor. Still happening.
check your fuses. ensure the right fuse rating is powering the appropriate system.
also when it fails, when some relays get excessively hot, they might begin to fail.
do this so you can rule out volage/current supply problem.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 11, 2022
Piso1234:
My Toyota corolla 2010 refuses to start after a long distance driving but would start after waiting for like 30mins. What's really wrong? ���

Scan vehicle first. The codes, if present, will illuminate your way to the answer(s) you seek.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by Piso1234: 7:53pm On Apr 11, 2022
ThrottleHolic:

Scan vehicle first. The codes, if present, will illuminate your way to the answer(s) you seek.

Have scanned several times with computer, no fault seen.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by eherbal(m): 11:43pm On Apr 11, 2022
Piso1234:

buy the complete fuel pump assembly,then do tune up.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by Piso1234: 9:56am On Apr 12, 2022
eherbal:
buy the complete fuel pump assembly,then do tune up.

I'll try that thanks
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by gly2ken: 9:59am On Apr 12, 2022
check the kick starter
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by Mikesol: 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2022
Piso1234:

Kick starter, fuse, brain box, fuel pump are the possible problem
Even sensors
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by jceesquare(m): 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2022
Piso1234:

No codes seen, or no fault related codes seen?
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 12, 2022
Piso1234:

What scanner do you use?
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by Piso1234: 5:23pm On Apr 12, 2022
jceesquare:

No codes seen, or no fault related codes seen?

Not fault seen. I've scanned with two different machines.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by Piso1234: 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2022
ThrottleHolic:

What scanner do you use?

I'm not a technician, it's just like iPad which they plug in my car.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 12, 2022
Piso1234:

I'm not a technician, it's just like iPad which they plug in my car.

While it is possible that some auto related challenges may not present themselves on a scan tool, I strongly suspect the scanner used for your vehicle may not have the abilty to read the troubled part of the vehicle system.

Visit another workshop, a standard one that is and get a rescan.

Something should pop up.

Do not attempt trial and error here. You may change I billion and one things and still get no solution.

In the rare event that nothing still shows up, the garage should be able to assist, especially since the issue woud likely present itself firsthand.

Diagnosing some auto challenges remotely could be a true challenge.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by jceesquare(m): 8:20pm On Apr 12, 2022
Piso1234:

Not fault seen. I've scanned with two different machines.
Remote assistant would be difficult.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by AutoMoTech(m): 8:39pm On Apr 12, 2022
ThrottleHolic:

While it is possible that some auto related challenges may not present themselves on a scan tool, I strongly suspect the scanner used for your vehicle may not have the abilty to read the troubled part of the vehicle system.

Visit another workshop, a standard one that is and get a rescan.

Something should pop up.

Do not attempt trial and error here. You may change I billion and one things and still get no solution.

In the rare event that nothing still shows up, the garage should be able to assist, especially since the issue woud likely present itself firsthand.

Diagnosing some auto challenges remotely could be a true challenge.

Goodluck!
Very very true
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by AutoMoTech(m): 8:43pm On Apr 12, 2022
In addition. @OP get a competent technician and start with the basics.
When it fails what is missing?
An engine needs Air, Fuel, ignition Spark and correct timing to run correctly.
Find what is missing.
While cranking is the fuel delivery up to spec? Is the fuel pump supplying adequate fuel at rignt pressure and volume?
How about the spark plugs? Are they firing when you crank the engine?
Check your fuses and relays. Notice any relay that is unusually hot? Swap it out for another and see.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by blackwood(m): 8:25am On Apr 13, 2022
Perfect this is what i was about to say.
Crankshaft position sensor
I had this problem too and was fixed when it was discovered it was the crankshaft position sensor.
To be double sure please scan the car.
EngRichie:
Vapor lock, kick starter, crankshaft position sensor.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by Piso1234: 12:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
Thanks. I'll do as you guy have advised.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by Piso1234: 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2022
blackwood:
Perfect this is what i was about to say.
Crankshaft position sensor
I had this problem too and was fixed when it was discovered it was the crankshaft position sensor.
To be double sure please scan the car.

Less I forget, I've just been informed that the crankshaft position sensor is the same as starting sensor which I've changed twice. Computer still not dictating anything. I've been advised to change the complete fuel pump as this whole stuff started when I bought a bad fuel from a certain fueling station in Owerri. Since then, I've changed two fuel pump but not then complete fuel pump.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by grafixdon: 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2022
I thought almighty corolla doesn't have issues...
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by ehmmy11(m): 8:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
grafixdon:
I thought almighty corolla doesn't have issues...
grin
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by grafixdon: 8:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by jceesquare(m): 8:39pm On Apr 13, 2022
Just as suggested by others, your engine needs
1. Air
2. Fuel
3. Spark
4. Right timing to fire.
to run, so I'll suggest the following.
1. Air: a) Check the air filter, if clogged changed.
b) Check the mass airflow censor and confirm its working fine with the wiring connection well fitted.
c) Check to confirm you don't have serious vacuum leak that might offset the airflow reading.

2. Fuel: a) Check fuel pressure (before and after fuel filter) and change necessary components (complete fuel pump assembly, filter, and possibly fuel line) if pressure is low.
b) Injectors. Check spray patten. If clogged, clean or change. Check if injector is leaking and flooding cylinder when packed for long. Check if injectors pulsate when cranking.
c) Check fuel pressure regulator and replace if defective.

3. Spark: a) Check for presence of spark.
b) Check condition of spark plug and ensure the gap is according to manufacturer's spec.
c) Check condition of camshaft position sensor and harness.
d) Also check condition of crankshaft position sensor if vehicle has one.
e) Check condition of ignition coil.

4. Timing: a) Cam and Crankshaft position sensors should be examined.
b) Timing chain tension should be checked. A slacked chain might exhibit same symptom (might not be necessary as vehicle works well when running, but check).

Other components that should be checked are the Engine Coolant temperature sensor, Throttle Position Sensor, Fuses and Relays, and lastly ECU.

Take your car to a good shop where they can replicate complain and conduct proper diagnosis.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by Piso1234: 8:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
jceesquare:
Just as suggested by others, your engine needs
1. Air
2. Fuel
3. Spark
4. Right timing to fire.
to run, so I'll suggest the following.
1. Air: a) Check the air filter, if clogged changed.
b) Check the mass airflow censor and confirm its working fine with the wiring connection well fitted.
c) Check to confirm you don't have serious vacuum leak that might offset the airflow reading.

2. Fuel: a) Check fuel pressure (before and after fuel filter) and change necessary components (complete fuel pump assembly, filter, and possibly fuel line) if pressure is low.
b) Injectors. Check spray patten. If clogged, clean or change. Check if injector is leaking and flooding cylinder when packed for long. Check if injectors pulsate when cranking.
c) Check fuel pressure regulator and replace if defective.

3. Spark: a) Check for presence of spark.
b) Check condition of spark plug and ensure the gap is according to manufacturer's spec.
c) Check condition of camshaft position sensor and harness.
d) Also check condition of crankshaft position sensor if vehicle has one.
e) Check condition of ignition coil.

4. Timing: a) Cam and Crankshaft position sensors should be examined.
b) Timing chain tension should be checked. A slacked chain might exhibit same symptom (might not be necessary as vehicle works well when running, but check).

Other components that should be checked are the Engine Coolant temperature sensor, Throttle Position Sensor, Fuses and Relays, and lastly ECU.

Take your car to a good shop where they can replicate complain and conduct proper diagnosis.

Thanks so much.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by jceesquare(m): 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2022
Piso1234:

Thanks so much.
The idea is to inspect those mentioned components when the symptoms pops up since you don't have codes to guide.
They might malfunction when engine is hot, under pressure, or shakes and disconnect due to vibration (especially for wiring harness, fuses and other electrical components).
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by nojeemolamide: 4:59am On Jan 12
Piso1234:

Sir, were you able to fix your 2010 corolla. Please I need your advice. I'm having similar issue with my Toyota corolla 2010.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by Nomerci: 8:03am On Jan 12
Check fuses. And alternator wires. The culprit is from the wires going to the alternator area.
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by felix55(m): 6:11am On Jan 13
Find exact fuel pump of d car & change d fuel pump relay & starting relay
Re: Help me, my corolla is disturbing me. by melviniyke2002(m): 8:59pm On Jan 15
Change ur crankshaft position sensor..ur gud to go...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Artisan Covers Car In Woven Raffia Palm Cane To Advertise His Business / SUDEN Peugeout 406 For Sale / P Or LT Tires....what Does Your Minivan/light Truck/suv Use?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.