Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On (2316 Views)

Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded / Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? / 15 Million Naira Cash Or Relocate To Canada, Which Will You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by Dagreeen: 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dear Nairalanders, I'll try to be very brief.

In my mid thirties and married with 2kids (4yo and 1yo). Started my business around 2017 and have nutured it to the point of generating consistent profit averagely N500k monthly (and still growing). My wife's salary is around N200k monthly(wifey is a nurse in a private establishment). We have 2cars one for the biz and other for the family.

We decided not to rent house in highbrow area just to be able to nutured the business. Our rent is less than 200k pa. (2bdrm)

The problem now is this, recently, I started thinking about relocating abroad based on the following reasons;
1. Different things I read online about people leaving the country in droves
2. The reality that we can relocate leveraging on wifey's career.
3. Worsening security situation of the country.
4. The Nosediving economy, particularly one cannot guarantee the future of the business and that of wifey's job.
5. Most of my friends and mainly all my wife's friends have either gone to Canada, USA, UK or Australia. Recently, I just helped one of them bought a house within 3yrs in Usa.
6. My parents prefer the relocation option, they believe the economy of Nigeria is not predictable and does not support growth of small business. (From experience)

N.B
1. I have all the money to process the relocation.
2. I have a certificate and experience to work in an IT related environment if we relocate.
3. My wife is a nurse. And we have opportunity to relocate with the whole family leveraging on her career as I said earlier.
4. Wifey is indifferent. She's not freaked about relocating. She is waiting on my decision.

My Fears
1. A part of me don't want to leave the business after I've suffered to grow it to this stage. I believe if everything goes on well, we can also live comfortably in Nigeria.
2. In contrast, I'm afraid of a future where I would see our friends and I would regret if not relocating when I have the opportunity.

Pls I beg you in the name of God I need advice from matured people most especially people who have experienced both sides or if you have been in my shoes before and have overcome it. Pls I'm at an important crossroad of my life and I believe any decision I make now can impact my future and the future of my very young family.

God bless you.

Pls moderators, can you help me push to front page pls

3 Likes

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by thesicilian: 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2022
This is what I would do
I would relocate my family first to a country like Canada, UK or Australia (I don't consider the US safe due to police wahala for blacks). Since wifey is a nurse she can easily get a job anywhere in these countries.
Meanwhile back in Nigeria I would focus on buiytge business to the extent that it can almost run on autopilot and I can monitor it from abroad, then relocate to join my family.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by anthonyuncle(m): 4:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
start building a good management team in your business, and kick off your relocation plans

1 Like

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by Mooh247: 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
Relocate with your family life is too short

1 Like

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by Mooh247: 5:02pm On Apr 10, 2022
cool

Relocate with your family life is too short for Nigerian headache

If you can comfortably make ₦700k in this economy trust me you would make atleast £3000 monthly working in the IT sector in UK..
Let me give you a sharp way to relocate if you are
rich enough

*Step one gather all your certificate and certify it to UK standard using ECCITS cost is £125

*Step two Deposit £1300 - £2000 equivalent to Naira in your personal account

*Step three search for any premium recruitment agency and submit your europass CV focus on Graphics design, UX/UI design, Website design or Development Jobs that offers Tier 2 visa sponsorship or Jobs on UK shortage list

3 Likes

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by Dagreeen: 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2022
thesicilian:
This is what I would do
I would relocate my family first to a country like Canada, UK or Australia (I don't consider the US safe due to police wahala for blacks). Since wifey is a nurse she can easily get a job anywhere in these countries.
Meanwhile back in Nigeria I would focus on buiytge business to the extent that it can almost run on autopilot and I can monitor it from abroad, then relocate to join my family.
Thanks so much for this. I have thought about this also but I was just afraid of leaving my wife abroad and coming back to Nigeria. I've heard of several cases of nurses getting abroad to start misbehaving. Although I don't have any reason to doubt my trust for my wife but you know some women can be very funny? And I love my family that's the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by thesicilian: 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dagreeen:
Thanks so much for this. I have thought about this also but I was just afraid of leaving my wife abroad and coming back to Nigeria. I've heard of several cases of nurses getting abroad to start misbehaving. Although I don't have any reason to doubt my trust for my wife but you know some women can be very funny? And I love my family that's the truth.
It's the same fear I have as well. But you can't really base any long term decisions on that, because if she's going to misbehave in what ever form, she'd do it whether you're there or not

1 Like

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by Aaapp: 5:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
Relocate as soon as you can

Nothing is certain in nigeria

Got enough annual rent income to survive in nigeria with a business running for over 10years but suddenly business is drifting down due to present economic situation in nigeria thanks to previous investments. Recently the country doesn’t really worth staying in anymore

It is not about today. It is about the future. Even if you are earning millions in nigeria today anything can change tomorrow. Go to where you are your wife and kids will have a future. No matter how tough things get you will get a job to survive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by Dagreeen: 5:15pm On Apr 10, 2022
thesicilian:

It's the same fear I have as well. But you can't really base any long term decisions on that, because if she's going to misbehave in what ever form, she'd do it whether you're there or not
thanks boss

1 Like

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by Dagreeen: 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2022
Aaapp:
Relocate as soon as you can

Nothing is certain in nigeria

Got enough annual rent income to survive in nigeria with a business running for over 10years but suddenly business is drifting down due to present economic situation in nigeria thanks to previous investments. Recently the country doesn’t really worth staying in anymore

It is not about today. It is about the future. Even if you are earning millions in nigeria today anything can change tomorrow. Go to where you are your wife and kids will have a future. No matter how tough things get you will get a job to survive
Hmmmmmmm.. thank you sir.
Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by Dagreeen: 5:34pm On Apr 10, 2022
Mooh247:

If you can comfortably make ₦700k in this economy trust me you would make atleast £3000 monthly working in the IT sector in UK..

Thanks for this. This is very encouraging. Do you think UK is better for our combo, I.T and Nursing? My wife prefers Canada or Usa. But for me I don't mind. Like I said. Money is not the problem, I can get the money.
Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by Brexxit(m): 5:37pm On Apr 10, 2022
Do not consider uk,too much tax will consume your salary,you"ll be left with little or nothing to save.

1 Like

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by Mooh247: 5:44pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dagreeen:
Thanks for this. This is very encouraging. Do you think UK is better for our combo, I.T and Nursing? My wife prefers Canada or Usa. But for me I don't mind. Like I said. Money is not the problem, I can get the money.

I think UK would be very easy for you guys to settle in, your work permit should be out between 3 months, 5 years of residency without Criminal records you can apply to become a British citizen after the 6th year

And am 100% certain your wife would get a job and a sponsor for her T2 visa and your chances In the IT sector in UK is 60%

The best part is you can do it yourself without a travel agent and in case you are not patient enough to get a Job through a sponsor.. you can find someone who has a registered company in UK to apply for T2 visa sponsorship certificate for 500 GBP and apply for you

1 Like

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by Dagreeen: 6:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
Thanks very much
Mooh247:

I think UK would be very easy for you guys to settle in, your work permit should be out between 3 months, 5 years of residency without Criminal records you can apply to become a British citizen after the 6th year

And am 100% certain your wife would get a job and a sponsor for her T2 visa and your chances In the IT sector in UK is 60%

The best part is you can do it yourself without a travel agent and in case you are not patient enough to get a Job through a sponsor.. you can find someone who has a registered company in UK to apply for T2 visa sponsorship certificate for 500 GBP and apply for you

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by ednut1(m): 8:25pm On Apr 10, 2022
Your wife should go to uk and work as a nurse with the kids. You can stay behind. Uk is 6 hours away so you can be visiting monthly easily

1 Like

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by SHINJA: 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2022
Dagreeen:

What business are you into plz.?
Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by SeaTrade(m): 11:45pm On Apr 10, 2022
anthonyuncle:
start building a good management team in your business, and kick off your relocation plans
Good management team for a business that generates 500k monthly as profits?When he pay salaries,stealing and mistake related cost as newbies for the management team,wetin go come remain? undecided
Not to talk of losing trade secrets to the same management team you hire as a small business.Instant death for the business.
I think I need to create a thread or a school to teach Nigerians cost analyses.
Any small thing ,hire staff.Like there's no cost and risk associated to it.

3 Likes

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by SeaTrade(m): 11:50pm On Apr 10, 2022
thesicilian:
This is what I would do
No business that generates 500k monthly can run on autopilot.
They're called small businesses for a reason.
Run on Autopilot means hiring people and setting up systems which comes with its own cost,which will probably kill the business if such burden is heaped on it.
Person weh send his wife abroad to go and hustle,that person still get wife again? grin The way those never do well boys for there go use e wife use commot cold for their body ehn grin Not to talk of the effect of distance to relationships.

2 Likes

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by SeaTrade(m): 11:52pm On Apr 10, 2022
ednut1:
Your wife should go to uk and work as a nurse with the kids. You can stay behind. Uk is 6 hours away so you can be visiting monthly easily
One woman to foot all bills,two lovely kids,Western world expenses.
Use your head and tell me if what you just said makes logical sense.
People that do this are well to do people that can support them from Nigeria.
Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by SeaTrade(m): 12:04am On Apr 11, 2022
Dagreeen:
Your absence, stress of bills on your wife couple with kid stress,cold and conji will most likely turn her to something worse than a calabar dog,no offense.
All that so called big nurse salaries abroad look big to you because you dey Nigeria,not there.Let alone someone with 2 kids over there.
I'll be real with you ,no small business have a clear cut certain future.There will be uncertainties.
It's your ability to cling on and whether the storm and adapt to changes that will determine if the business succeeds or not.
You already make 700k monthly,I expect you to be busy looking for ways to scale this to 2m/month,then 5m,etc...
A business that has already started yielding profits is a good one and can be scaled upwards too.
Rather,you are looking at ways to leave what you've built, contacts,etc to go to a strange land as a 35 years old man who already has responsibilities such as wives and kids,to let go of all he has including his family, money he has made from his business to go to an uncertain place to start over with a very bleak future.
Stay strong and fight your way through life man,even there you won't get it easy, so why not fight in the streets you know best? undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by SeaTrade(m): 12:15am On Apr 11, 2022
thesicilian:

Culture will hold her back if they're in Nigeria oga.

2 Likes

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by kellexxx: 12:27am On Apr 11, 2022
SeaTrade:
Your absence, stress of bills on your wife couple with kid stress,cold and conji will most likely turn her to something worse than a calabar dog,no offense.
All that so called big nurse salaries abroad look big to you because you dey Nigeria,not there.Let alone someone with 2 kids over there.
I'll be real with you ,no small business have a clear cut certain future.There will be uncertainties.
It's your ability to cling on and whether the storm and adapt to changes that will determine if the business succeeds or not.
You already make 700k monthly,I expect you to be busy looking for ways to scale this to 2m/month,then 5m,etc...
A business that has already started yielding profits is a good one and can be scaled upwards too.
Rather,you are looking at ways to leave what you've built, contacts,etc to go to a strange land as a 35 years old man who already has responsibilities such as wives and kids,to let go of all he has including his family, money he has made from his business to go to an uncertain place to start over with a very bleak future.
Stay strong and fight your way through life man,even there you won't get it easy, so why not fight in the streets you know best? undecided
Relocate to UK with your family and thank me later..ur wife as a nurse will definitely get tier 2 visa which is a very good route to citizenship. U will get job too but may not be immediate.

2 Likes

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by thesicilian: 12:34am On Apr 11, 2022
SeaTrade:
Not everyone who wants to leave the country is doing so for greener pastures only. In fact agreat number of people are leaving because of insecurity, better education and prospects for the kids, and most importantly, better quality of life.

2 Likes

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by SeaTrade(m): 12:36am On Apr 11, 2022
thesicilian:

Not everyone who wants to leave the country is doing so for greener pastures only. In fact agreat number of people are leaving because of insecurity, better education and prospects for the kids, and most importantly, better quality of life.
If OP wasn't leaving for greener pastures,he won't have brought the whole 500k,700k ,uncertain income in Nigeria up.

3 Likes

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by anthonyuncle(m): 2:16am On Apr 11, 2022
SeaTrade:
Good management team for a business that generates 500k monthly as profits?When he pay salaries,stealing and mistake related cost as newbies for the management team,wetin go come remain? undecided
Not to talk of losing trade secrets to the same management team you hire as a small business.Instant death for the business.
I think I need to create a thread or a school to teach Nigerians cost analyses.
Any small thing ,hire staff.Like there's no cost and risk associated to it.

he is building the team, they won't be perfect in one day.
he will still be around for the main time.

you really need that school on cost analysis
Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by 1864ru: 3:25am On Apr 11, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
Relocate with your family life is too short
[/s]
Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by 1864ru: 3:25am On Apr 11, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
cool

Relocate with your family life is too short for Nigerian headache

Let me give you a sharp way to relocate if you are
rich enough

*Step one gather all your certificate and certify it to UK standard using ECCITS cost is £125

*Step two Deposit £1300 - £2000 equivalent to Naira in your personal account

*Step three search for any premium recruitment agency and submit your europass CV focus on Graphics design, UX/UI design, Website design or Development Jobs that offers Tier 2 visa sponsorship or Jobs on UK shortage list

[/s]
Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by dasparrow: 4:24am On Apr 11, 2022
@Dagreen

If I were you with all you have going on, I won't leave Nigeria. There is a world war 3 brewing. Those telling you to throw away everything you have worked for to go start a life of uncertainty abroad are being disingenuous. I live abroad and I have been keenly observing a lot of things going on lately.

America continues its proxy war with Russia using Ukraine as it's pawn in the game since Zalensky has no mind of his own. But even more disturbing is that America is also fermenting problem with China as we speak. America is saying that they are going to make China pay for not taking sides with America/NATO and they will do so by sending arms to Taiwan. China said she will retaliate.

So, we don't know what can happen at anytime. If Russia should send missiles towards America and European nations and vice versa, it will be catastrophic. Yes, IT/Computer Technology professionals and healthcare professionals are currently in demand in the West. However, there is a flair of uncertainty in the air. There is the looming food shortage. There is no bright future in sight because of the "great reset" AKA "New World Order."

However, if you want to throw your business away that you have worked so hard to build to go abroad and work for someone else who can decide to fire you at anytime, then go right ahead. Your motivation for migrating is that your friends have all migrated. What if it is in Nigeria that you are destined to make it? Some of you just throw away your God-given destinies. If you go abroad and things don't work out the way you had intended, then what?

Anyway, do you.

4 Likes

Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by Dagreeen: 9:10am On Apr 11, 2022
SeaTrade:
No business that generates 500k monthly can run on autopilot.
They're called small businesses for a reason.
Run on Autopilot means hiring people and setting up systems which comes with its own cost,which will probably kill the business if such burden is heaped on it.
Person weh send his wife abroad to go and hustle,that person still get wife again? grin The way those never do well boys for there go use e wife use commot cold for their body ehn grin Not to talk of the effect of distance to relationships.
well I really appreciate you for your honest opinion. Thanks bro
Re: N700,000 Average Monthly Income Or Relocate Abroad. Advice From Matured Minds On by Dagreeen: 9:19am On Apr 11, 2022
SeaTrade:
If OP wasn't leaving for greener pastures,he won't have brought the whole 500k,700k ,uncertain income in Nigeria up.
the truth is to a certain extent, I can say I'm doing fine here in Nigeria at the moment. And like I said neither my wife nor myself is freaked about traveling abroad. But yet we can't rule greener pastures out of it, but not the main reason. Security, economic uncertainties vis-a-vis the future of the business. are more of the reasons I'm considering.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beholding The Face Of Abeokuta’s Unfolding Commercial Attraction / Can You Identify These Places In Ibadan? / 10 Worst Things About Moving Back To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.