Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,087 members, 7,811,046 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded (75298 Views)

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? / How Do I Relocate Abroad. HELP!!! / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by FreeStuffsNG: 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2023
Family regrets selling house and borrowing money to relocate abroad, now stranded and facing hardship

Akinwande IdowuJul 29, 2023

A Nigerian family with five children regrets finding themselves in dire straits after borrowing millions of naira, selling their house, and car to fund their relocation to the United Kingdom.

The family embarked on this life-changing journey with hopes for a better future, but their dreams have been shattered as they struggle to cope with financial challenges in a foreign land.

The family, headed by a mother with a study visa, made the decision to move to the UK in pursuit of higher education opportunities.

However, upon arrival, she was confronted with the reality that she needed to secure a post-graduate visa to be eligible to work in the country, a process that required a significant sum of money.

As a result, the mother has been unable to contribute financially to the family’s expenses, leaving her husband as the sole breadwinner.

According to the woman @gloriaotikor1, the situation has taken a toll on her family’s mental and emotional well-being. The creditors who lent her money in Nigeria are incessantly calling her, expecting repayment now that she is in the UK.

However, with no means of income and mounting bills, the family is facing an uncertain and distressing future.

Despite their efforts to secure funds, the woman has been unable to complete her school fees, putting her educational aspirations at risk. As a result, the family is trapped in a cycle of debt, struggling to make ends meet in a foreign country with limited resources.

The husband’s job, though providing some income, is insufficient to cover the rent and provide for the needs of their five children.

Netizens Reactions…
@Adekoya Adeniran said: “Rule 1! Never sell assets to relocate! NEVER!” olayinkaolowolag7 said: “Skill worker’s route is better for a big family like that.”

@Evolak said; “Greener pasture is not abroad, it’s a location where God has design for you. Understand this and have peace.”

@flikky said; “Why would they bring 5 children at once nawoo.”

@peaches said; “You see why I keep saying Canada is better than UK in terms of studying.”

@user5122196360123 said; “Their mistake was going together, They supposed go one after another.”

@browniebee said; “Omo people don’t listen ..I pray God help her ooo…Abroad no easy come join 5 kids.”

https://www.gistreel.com/family-regrets-selling-house-and-borrowing-money-to-relocate-abroad-now-stranded-and-facing-hardship/

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by immortalcrown(m): 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2023
They were definitely informed and warned but they claimed faith will see them through. Many people living large in Nigeria desperately want to relocate without proper planning just to brag. Peer pressure! This one already had a house in Nigeria but sold it to go and be a neighbour to King Charles, without a guarantee of a sustainable job. What God cannot do does not exist crew. Whoever motivated you is still in Nigeria living a better life.

After japa na kapa. I am not heartless. But I have to resent the stupidity of some adults.

301 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by kokoA(m): 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
They should japada
If dem get money for tickets dem for no dey complain na.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Curse777: 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2023
cool

Am sure a travel agent with sugar tongue decieved them

Travel agent won't make heaven

But on a serious note, many Nigerians in diaspora make videos to warn people of the harsh reality abroad but we call them enemies of progress

If you have a good job or business in Nigeria, travel abroad on a return ticket which is two ways ticket and don't resign, or announce to anyone you are traveling abroad, don't go with your family at first

Can you wash and work as dish washer long hours with machine

Can you be a caregiver nanny to a dementia old shitting grandpa

Can you work as farm hand or picker

Can you drive long hours or construction site

Are you rugged

382 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by loosecanon50(m): 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2023
Traveling abroad without proper planning will always end in tears.

197 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by gaby(m): 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2023
Na wa

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Solofresh2: 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2023
If you are doing well in Nigeria, I see no reason why you should sell everything you have just to relocate abroad. You should only go for holidays and vacations.
I believe you must be doing well to some extent before planning of relocating abroad. Please don't sell off everything you have because you want to japa

199 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Ikaeniyan0: 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2023
How did the UK school accept someone of her calibre? If you have a well paying job in Nigeria, you do not need to japa.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by ba7man(m): 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
Your N 25 million is just £25,000.

The UK will collect all that money from you if you don't settle down on time with a job.

Some risk it and get lucky, some don't, just keep grinding.

139 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Afamed: 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2023
You sold a house here in Nigeria to relocate abroad where it will take you not less than 20 yrs to get a house of your own.

Oyibo JuJu don work on you

459 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Extremekofoshi: 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2023
Curse777:
cool

Am sure a travel agent with sugar tongue decieved them

Travel agent won't make heaven

But on a serious note, many Nigerians in diaspora make videos to warn people of the harsh reality abroad but we call them enemies of progress

If you have a good job or business in Nigeria, travel abroad on a return ticket which is two ways ticket and don't resign, or announce to anyone you are traveling abroad, don't go with your family at first

After estate agent, fear travel agent.

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2023
why must you sell your assests especially house to relocate to UK of all places? i mean UK o not US o. Even if you must do that, yu must have gotten a side job that is standard and can give you more money to buy better houses in nigeria in few years. UK that ... infact dont let me talk.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by kettykings: 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2023
Solofresh2:
If you are doing well in Nigeria, I see no reason why you should sell everything you have just to relocate abroad. You should only go for holidays and vacations.
I believe you must be doing well to some extent before planning of relocating abroad. Please don't sell off everything you have because you want to japa

What is your definition of doing well with naira exchanging at almost 800 to a dollar.
5 children is not really easy, they would nit have had issues with 2, but if the husband can take up extra jobs they will be fine

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Kossyso: 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2023
They will be alright last last. Dem don japa be say dem don japa.

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by helinues: 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2023
Not funny.

Everywhere is an abroad. A British residing in Nigeria is also in abroad

Na so a friend spent N30m relocating to UK with his family. He borrowed money, sold some of his things for 20hours work weekly while the wife can't work.

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by DesChyko: 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2023
Nah people wey no get people outside Nigeria go dey fall for this nonsense talk sha. This anti-japa sentiments; hunting for those who managed to screw up their migration started because APC are trying to fight Doctors seeking a better life abroad; a life Nigeria can't offer them. That changes little. Most people who left the shores of Nigeria to the Western World are having it better. That is the only reason it is still a big thing down the years.

I knew Nigeria as a setup is a shithole. I knew it, owned it, adapted to it and will keep striving to beat the system. While I'm at it, I'm also vested in either making it better for my kids or give them a cozy escape route.

Imagine if I was hiding from the reality of being a Nigerian; It's the lack of adaptability that will make me settle for the nonsense these leeches ruling Nigeria today have to offer and the excuses they cook up for their incompetence.

As John Obidi will say, Nigeria has her own set of rules, different from other parts of the world. You adapt or you lose out. Which reminds me, he's having a webinar on Zoom powered by WEMA Bank. Do well to attend

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_BYj_o4tLRmquxMXpcQboKQ#/registration

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Quintessence44: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2023
priceactionx:
why must you sell your assests especially house to relocate to UK of all places? i mean UK o not US o. Even if you must do that, yu must have gotten a side job that is standard and can give you more money to buy better houses in nigeria in few years. UK that ... infact dont let me talk.

People in UK wey dey jubilate when dem find security work, na him you sell your house carry 5 kids go UK.

Naija people no just get sense, especially when it concern oyinbo.

Dem go just turn mumu dey do nonsense like say oyinbo jazz them.

Even if you offer English man 5 million pound a year job for Nigeria, he can NEVER sell his house in England even he takes the job.

But a Nigerian will sell his house, leave his well paid job and gather his family to travel, in the HOPE that success will come there.

No be oyinbo juju be that?

673 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Dotherightthing: 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2023
Japa crew will NEVER learn! angry

The best you will get from relocating abroad is change of environment.

After years of trying to settle down, you return to almost the exact routine you had back in Nigeria - maybe even stricter. embarassed

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Dotherightthing: 5:47pm On Jul 30, 2023
kettykings:

What is your definition of doing well with naira exchanging at almost 800 to a dollar.
5 children is not really easy, they would nit have had issues with 2, but if the husband can take up extra jobs they will be fine

What is your business with dollar

Do we spend dollar in Nigeria

104 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Sirjamo: 5:47pm On Jul 30, 2023
Going abroad to hustle has never crossed my mind. I will make enough money here to relocate comfortably without selling any of my assets.

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by ibechris(m): 5:53pm On Jul 30, 2023
My own is,if u have anything above 40million in Nigeria,stay back and if u have a property pls,do not sell it.

E no easy.

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by kettykings: 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2023
Dotherightthing:

What is your business with dollar

Do we spend dollar in Nigeria

Everything we buy in Nigeria that is not food has a correlation with the value of dollar , fuel, phone , satellite TV subscriptions, electronics etc

25 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:57pm On Jul 30, 2023
Oya japada

Ja come back in Naira Marley's voice

😂 😂

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by Dotherightthing: 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
kettykings:

Everything we buy in Nigeria that is not food has a correlation with the value of dollar , fuel, phone , satellite TV subscriptions, electronics etc

Is the price abroad of all these things you listed exactly the price here in Nigeria based on the exchange rate

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by DesChyko: 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2023
Quintessence44:

...who learnt ‘shithole’ from racist Trump...

Trump was born in 1946. The definition of 'shithole' as 'a terrible, dirty, poor, or low-quality place' was first recorded between 1930-1935; over a decade before Trump was born.🤷🏾‍♂️

It's not by throwing insults around, dear boy. You need the brains to go along with it. 🤗

Hope you've registered for the webinar? Let's see if you can be good at one thing😉

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by MarketDispatch: 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2023
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by DesChyko: 6:15pm On Jul 30, 2023
Dotherightthing:
Is the price abroad of all these things you listed exactly the price here in Nigeria based on the exchange rate

That's not the point. The issue is they're driven up or downwards based on dollar fluctuations and availability. The issue here isn't the exchange rate (many thing determine the price here). It's influence. Ever wondered why we pay more for flights overseas than our neighbours despite having the larger market?

10 Likes

Re: Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded by thesicilian: 6:19pm On Jul 30, 2023
Whatever you do, always make sure you have a plan. Don't just jump onto the bandwagon and expect the same results others got

28 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lady Killed By A Hit And Run Driver In Sapele, Delta. Do You Know Her? (Graphic) / Nigerian Man Travelling To Saudi Arabia On Bicycle (Photos) / Lady Killed By Nigerian Man In US Was A Prostitute Who Robbed Him (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.