Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,843 members, 7,828,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times (34243 Views)

What Akeredolu, Fayemi, Amosun Told Tinubu About His 2023 Presidential Ambition / How Cabal Caged Osinbajo, Fowler Via EFCC Probes; To Bury Tinubu’s 2023 Ambition / See How Osinbajo Was Received In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by shegun4sur: 2:26am On Apr 11, 2022
trutharena:
If Osinbajo is able to beat Asiwaju to the APC ticket, we will support him with all we have.

That means there is a new king on the block and the best thing is to fall in line.

I would love to see how this plays out coz it will be part of our political history.

Let the game begin!

God bless Asiwaju Tinubu.
God bless Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

Unfortunately if buhari will be endorsing him then he will bear the encumbrances of this present quagmire and it would be expected that his loyalty extends beyond this government

1 Like

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Horus(m): 2:28am On Apr 11, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvQQwJsj0wo

VP Osinbajo Says We will Improve Science and Technology in Nigeria
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by ityP(m): 2:34am On Apr 11, 2022
trutharena:
I am thinking Osinbajo is the purported Buhari’s candidate.

For Bashir to even be bold to tweet this speaks volume.

My fears is that Osinbajo is the only candidate that can break Asiwaju power in the center currently and it’s going to be really 50/50 game between them coz loyalties will be split.

However, so far one of them gets it, we are very fine by it in the West.

May the best man wins.

Lmao. This is for Bashir himself. Dude is contesting for HOR
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by ityP(m): 2:35am On Apr 11, 2022
Pravedk:

Oga, as an analyst I can categorically tell you Bashir is making a jest of the VP.

He made a cryptic message. What is the sign at the end of the tweet signify? Look carefully.

It means death on arrival. The trend is trending downward...

Amaechi is not who I support but you can take this to the bank- he is Buhari's candidate

Dude was talking about his own declaration. He is contesting too
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by ityP(m): 2:36am On Apr 11, 2022
deltaprincess:

Dreamer!!

Osinbajo is not declaring. Tinubu remains APC strongest politician that controls the largest political block along the geopolitical regions in Nigeria.

Dude has declared already. You will gear the news today

1 Like

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by ityP(m): 2:37am On Apr 11, 2022
flejnr2:
tinubu rush first declare men leave am till he taught he had it all

To worsen his situation, he used wrong political language of "It us my lifelong ambition". That statement finished him

2 Likes

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Toks2008(m): 2:50am On Apr 11, 2022
M1Garand:

Nonsense talk... How can you say without Osibanjo who is Tinubu. Was Osibanjo there during the NADECO struggle or was he there when Tinubu was fighting Obj's impunity left right center. Osibanjo wasn't even the most prominent of the cabinet. Would you have known Osibanjo without Jagaban putting him down as VP? Tinubu might be anything but it's this same element of betrayal we have as Nigerians that makes us not trust one another. Because the Nigerian you trust with your life can simply betray you tomorrow it's that easy.

It is preposterous to equate Yemi Osinbajo intention to run for presidency as Betrayal. It is uttter cluelessness to even reason in that direction.

Is Nigeria a commodity that should ne traded for favors? Arrant rubbish. Please stop reasoning this way cos it is appalling.

And Yes Tinubu was not seen as competent cos of Nadeco bit because he transformed lagos and that is the basis for my comment "Without Osinbajo as well as the brilliant minds that made up the Lagos state economic advisory board for the 8 years Tinubu was governor. there wont be any change in Lagos.

Tinubu is smart but he has too many hindrances cos he is seen as a symbol of corruption with his previous indictment as bag man for drug related case in the past, the lingering case of alpha beta and so on.

We need a man that has a clean slate, a technocrat and a younger man with a clean bill of health.

He has the first hand experience of being a president as he has proved this beyond any doubt when he was the acting president.

He knows the current situation more than any other candidate and you foolishly want him to leave without showing interest just to say thank youto Tinubu.

Abeg no talk that nonsense again.

2 Likes

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Adabestseason(m): 3:19am On Apr 11, 2022
Who is saying Nigerians love anybody,a technocrat,God fearing,people are interested in money you are able to bring to the table:but elections are not won in nigeria based on opinion polls majority of the opinionated people do not get PVC.Let the Prof declare whatever, one thing is so sure contesting for the country's presidency is not living in protected area,selecting words with academic precision,and be talking rule of law while people are dying in their numbers,nigeria neeeds a warrior who is ready to go to battlefield visiting frontlines.PMB is a retired general but bandits are controlling different parts of the country.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by 1864rru: 3:37am On Apr 11, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:
Was it not because you Nigerians gained nothing from pdp that you cross carpeted to APC?

But as they say, a dog will always go back to its vomit, so I would not blame you clamoring for pdp to come back.
[/s]
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Janetudeh(f): 3:41am On Apr 11, 2022
Dead on arrival you say? We will all be here when the table turns in his Favour. Even the blind and deaf knows that he is the man that Nigeria needs.

1 Like

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by 1864rur: 3:49am On Apr 11, 2022
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by raphaeladeyele: 3:57am On Apr 11, 2022
All things are possible with God

1 Like

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Ilaje1: 4:30am On Apr 11, 2022
perambulator:

Osinbajo’s candidacy is dead on arrival. He may not even declare, forget what you read in the papers by his sychophants urging him to run, I know for a fact that he knows he cannot win a primary unless he is a consensus candidate. He will be embarrassed in a primary contest with Tinubu and Amaechi. Consensus can tear the party apart, why would Buhari risk tearing the party apart for someone who has not earned the right to contest and contributed nothing to the formation of the party? Common sense would tell people that If Buhari is not supporting Tinubu, he will not add further humiliation by suppprting his protégée. If Buhari is picking a consensus candidate, it will be Amaechi or Fayemi!

The writing is in the wall for Osinbajo, his political naivety has put him in no man’s land. Fayemi wants to be president but you don’t see him encouraging his supporters or creating proxy support groups because he has been in politics long enough to know when the odds are stacked against you, you keep quiet. I can give you this guarantee. If Tinubu doesn’t get the ticket and Amaechi doesn’t get the ticket, Osinbajo will not be the compromise candidate. It will likely go to the man who just kept quiet….Fayemi. This is a trend in Nigerian politics, Fayemi is a political scientist a ph.D holder in political science, he knows the game as a student of Nigerian politics, he knows all leading aspirants tend to knock themselves out and the eventual winner is selected be it Balewa, shagari, Obasanjo, Yaradua Buhari. If Tinubu/Amaechi don’t get the ticket and for some reason the they insist the ticket must come to SW, it will fall on Fayemi not Osinbajo because Osinbajo would have created too much bad blood!!!! The Tinubu camp will never suppprt Osinbajo after his betrayal and like it or not APC need the Tinubu camp onboard. APC needs Tinubu, APC needs Amaechi, APc needs Fayemi, APC don’t need Osinbajo…..he is the most dispensable of the contenders, I.e the one you least need to keep happy!!!!

Personally, I would prefer Amaechi but I cannot see new PDP getting the chairmanship and the presidency. Apc was a merger between AD, PDP and CPC. CPC has been president and as I said New PDP has been selected as Chairman by CPC. The logical move is for the ticket to go to AD. If it is going to The AD faction it will not go to Osinbajo for reasons mentioned above, if Tinubu is deemed unsuitable then it will be Fayemi.

Could you list the leading candidates during Tafawa, Shagari, OBJ, Yar'dua, Buhari respectively. Let's start from there before I deconstruct your epistle.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by mrvitalis(m): 4:39am On Apr 11, 2022
kennybabs1980:
Good move. Prof Yemi Osinbajo has all it takes to be Nigeria next president. He is not the traditional kind of politician, a thorough bred technocrat and a God fearing personality. We will be all out to support him.
Yet him and Buhari failed ?
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by sulaak(m): 4:54am On Apr 11, 2022
samwash:
After the failed years of APC & what they have done to the Nigerian economy, you still expect me to rejoice if an Ameachi, Osinbajo or Tinubu is getting the ticket to contest for the seat of the president.
I wonder what APC will use to campaign this time around & their manifesto.

You have a choice there are other parties like ADC, SDP, AAC and APGA the excuse that the new parties don't have the finance or infrastructure is nonsense, democracy should be about ideas and policies but Nigerians want to be paid to vote. We deserve our selected politician
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Osayitope: 5:02am On Apr 11, 2022
Osinbajo will declare and win all this write up won't hold water again when is time, watch and see.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Pravedk: 5:04am On Apr 11, 2022
ityP:

Dude was talking about his own declaration. He is contesting too

Ok. Yours is a superior argument. Thank you
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Nobody: 5:08am On Apr 11, 2022
Ilaje1:

Could you list the leading candidates during Tafawa, Shagari, OBJ, Yar'dua, Buhari respectively. Let's start from there before I deconstruct your epistle.

You have nothing to deconstruct, You clearly do not know your history and I am not your history teacher. No civilian from Balewa to Buhari has ever become president or prime minister of Nigeria on his own accord. Every one of them had been selected by the power/powers that be and in almost all cases against the leading contenders. The only person that has ever won on his own accord never mounted the saddle. Go and read your history. If Tinubu goes on the become president, he will be the 1st Nigerian to engineer and be responsible for his ascension to civilian head of state.

1 Like

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:08am On Apr 11, 2022
Nwodosis:
Without Tinubu, who's Osibade? What stops him from seeking blessings from Tinibu? Now this how he's going to thank Tinibu. If this is how the Yorubas love themselves, then I prefer how the Igbos hate themselves.

I dont think this is right, we all ride on somebody's good will to be where we are.
It wasnt like professor Yemi was in the gutter b4 de barron picked him. In a saner clime, we shud be asking Tinubu wat is the source of his wealth in the 80s and 90s

1 Like

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Difrent: 5:11am On Apr 11, 2022
samwash:
After the failed years of APC & what they have done to the Nigerian economy, you still expect me to rejoice if an Ameachi, Osinbajo or Tinubu is getting the ticket to contest for the seat of the president.
I wonder what APC will use to campaign this time around & their manifesto.
Plenty.

Even PDP was still able to campaign for a GEJ after a disastrous 16 years of maladminiatration and cluelesness.

They will simply give you what will make you forget all you have been going through this past 7 years....a christian southerner
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by rimijoshua(m): 5:11am On Apr 11, 2022
Nwodosis:
Without Tinubu, who's Osibade? What stops him from seeking blessings from Tinibu? Now this how he's going to thank Tinibu. If this is how the Yorubas love themselves, then I prefer how the Igbos hate themselves.
Rubbish
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Difrent: 5:24am On Apr 11, 2022
Toks2008:

It is preposterous to equate Yemi Osinbajo intention to run for presidency as Betrayal. It is uttter cluelessness to even reason in that direction.

Is Nigeria a commodity that should ne traded for favors? Arrant rubbish. Please stop reasoning this way cos it is appalling.

And Yes Tinubu was not seen as competent cos of Nadeco bit because he transformed lagos and that is the basis for my comment "Without Osinbajo as well as the brilliant minds that made up the Lagos state economic advisory board for the 8 years Tinubu was governor. there wont be any change in Lagos.

Tinubu is smart but he has too many hindrances cos he is seen as a symbol of corruption with his previous indictment as bag man for drug related case in the past, the lingering case of alpha beta and so on.

We need a man that has a clean slate, a technocrat and a younger man with a clean bill of health.

He has the first hand experience of being a president as he has proved this beyond any doubt when he was the acting president.

He knows the current situation more than any other candidate and you foolishly want him to leave without showing interest just to say thank youto Tinubu.
Abeg no talk that nonsense again.

Ironically its because of Tinubu that Osinbajo still has his job. He was caught red handed praying for Buhari to die on his longest medical vacation abroad.....the presidents inner cacus have not forgiven him for that and the unceremonious removal of Lawal Daura as DSS Boss.
I would love to vote Osinbajo....but his getting the ticket is a Herculean task which i dont think he is up to.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by fasbat(m): 5:30am On Apr 11, 2022
ijustdey:
Meanwhile, in preparation for the battle to pick the APC ticket, the Osinbajo camp has already opened a campaign office at 15B Buchanan Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/523041-exclusive-how-when-osinbajo-will-declare-his-2023-ambition.html
if the president don't use his immense influence to support any aspirant, the primary contest will be Titanic, let the party conduct a free and fair primaries but as i posited somewhere, Buhari's cabal will scatter everything, and Tinubu will leave the party to SDP! So, keep this somewhere
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Munamu: 6:00am On Apr 11, 2022
ijustdey:
Meanwhile, in preparation for the battle to pick the APC ticket, the Osinbajo camp has already opened a campaign office at 15B Buchanan Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/523041-exclusive-how-when-osinbajo-will-declare-his-2023-ambition.html

Well , tinubu is osibanjo and osibanjo is tinubu. Tinubu is so great today, because osibanjo has been his master crack boy. Osibanjo is great today because tinubu shouldered him.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by Jilo83(m): 6:05am On Apr 11, 2022
Ojogbon Yemi Osinbanjo

Ati

Ojogbon Babagana Zulum

Yemi mbo!
Oluleke mbo!
Omoluabi mbo!

Ti Oluwa ni yo se
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by BlazinGlory40: 6:11am On Apr 11, 2022
Forzs:

You have come again with your permutation of onu and one funny name ajamuogba, if I'm correct, can't you guys see that this is obvious, osinbajo wouldn't have invited the governors without buhari's consent, bashir Ahmed, and even tolu ogunlesi twitted the coming déclaration, do you still doubt anyway I wish you guys best of luck sha.

Did I call onu’s name sir? It’s not by inviting governors nor being with chief of staff as in the case of amaechi. Everyone is flying around with their speculations based on their own interests. If you check this thread, you will see where I asked someone if onu is contesting because he mentioned him. So?
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by flejnr2(f): 6:16am On Apr 11, 2022
ityP:

To worsen his situation, he used wrong political language of "It us my lifelong ambition". That statement finished him
i am just seeing him making headlines with efcc.
Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by zicoraads: 6:19am On Apr 11, 2022
PrimadonnaO:
I'm tired of Osinbajo already.
Don't be.

Today is D-Day!

1 Like

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by suffering: 6:21am On Apr 11, 2022
My most preferred candidate. The only person who’d make me get a card and wait under the sun to vote. The most qualified person on paper to rule Nigeria. One can only dream.

Even if he doesn’t deliver, he can communicate clearly, lay plans in detail and hire professionals for needed jobs. I don tire for illiterates and the half baked ruling us.

1 Like

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by lagosrd: 6:44am On Apr 11, 2022
Nwodosis:

Get it bro, Nigeria is not Tinubu's empire. Stop having entitlement mentality in his behalf. We all own this country together. No one is a slave here. You yourself can aspire to the too and you will definitely do well.

1 Like

Re: How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times by lagosrd: 6:46am On Apr 11, 2022
fasbat:
if the president don't use his immense influence to support any aspirant, the primary contest will be Titanic, let the party conduct a free and fair primaries but as i posited somewhere, Buhari's cabal will scatter everything, and Tinubu will leave the party to SDP! So, keep this somewhere

Let him leave, enough of the old rags.
Get it bro, Nigeria is not Tinubu's empire. Stop having entitlement mentality in his behalf. We all own this country together. No one is a slave here. You yourself can aspire to the too and you will definitely do well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We're Happy To Hear That You Want To Step Down For Us—Obi Campaign Replies Atiku / How True Are El-Rufai's Several Claims On Channels TV Interview? - Fact Check / Court Okays Obi, Atiku’s Request To Inspect Election Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.