Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition (1671 Views)

How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition - Premium Times / How Cabal Caged Osinbajo, Fowler Via EFCC Probes; To Bury Tinubu’s 2023 Ambition / See How Osinbajo Was Received In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2022
The Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, is set to declare his interest in the 2023 presidential election tomorrow, Monday, capping months of behind-the-scene – yet apparent – mobilisations that have fuelled speculations and pitted the No 2 against his erstwhile boss Bola Tinubu.

According to sources with knowledge of the plans, except there is a change, Mr Osinbajo’s declaration will not involve any formal event or public gathering.

Rather, he will release a recorded video of about seven to 10 minutes, addressing the public and declaring his 2023 ambition to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari.

The video will be distributed across his social media handles and the sources said the campaign team will get to working immediately afterwards.

This style is different from how others had previously gone about declarations.

Former Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha addressed a public gathering sharing a pattern with former Rivers State Governor and transportation minister Rotimi Amaechi, who announced his intention before a filled stadium in Port Harcourt on Thursday.

Mr Tinubu, former Lagos Governor, and Ebonyi State Governor David Umahi spoke to the press directly after having, separately, met with Mr Buhari at the State House.

However, Mr Osinbajo’s announcement video will be preceded by a ceremonial iftar – the Muslim break of Ramadan – with APC governors at his official residence tonight, sources said.

At the gathering, he is going to inform the governors of his intention to contest; though, he had previously told each of them individually.

Meanwhile, in preparation for the battle to pick the APC ticket, the Osinbajo camp has already opened a campaign office at 15B Buchanan Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja.

In addition to travelling across states for support, Mr Osinabjo’s team had organised opinion polls to guide his decision on the 2023 election. In one such poll, participants were asked to choose their preferred president between Rabiu Kwakwanso, former Kano State Governor, Mr Tinubu, and Atiku Abubakar, former Vice President.

In another poll, participants were asked to indicate if they would vote for Mr Osinbajo – and this particular poll yielded 63 per cent yes votes, sources said.

Mr Osinbajo is believed to enjoy a wide appeal among the population but how he is going to mobilise the political capital to defeat Mr Tinubu or Mr Amaechi – two of his main challengers – remains to be seen.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/523041-exclusive-inside-details-of-how-osinbajo-will-declare-his-2023-ambition.html

Cc:
Seun
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Saao(m): 7:57pm On Apr 10, 2022
All the governor can't support him, let him declare without involving the governors or is he scared of declaring because of his godfather? Let him declare if he won the election, let him buy truckload of pampers to his godfather and he will be pleased with him.

Most importantly and in a serious note, Osinbanjo is the Head of economic team of buhari administration, before u waste ur vote on him or any member of this administration, tinubu included, first assess the performance of the government in the area of security, corruption and economic. I rest my case.

4 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Zeemam: 7:59pm On Apr 10, 2022
The best man for the job
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by inioluwa03: 8:01pm On Apr 10, 2022
A welcome development, we have been waiting
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by TheRareGem1(f): 8:02pm On Apr 10, 2022
Moment we all have been waiting for.

4 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Remman(m): 8:02pm On Apr 10, 2022
In as much as i believe Osinbajo can try, i don't think he'll be fighting with Tinubu. However, i believe he can move this country forward but not far from what it is now. Amaechi can perform better than VP if you're talking about modern facilities, developments as well as human welfare.

However, in all, good governance is all about policy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by okefranci: 8:03pm On Apr 10, 2022
This is a good news that we have been waiting for ,the dream come true
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by RenaissanceGuy: 8:03pm On Apr 10, 2022
My vote is for Rotimi Amaechi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 10, 2022
You have seen the massive failure of pdp and apc in basic things like power, security and refineries and you still think any of them will bring the sudden change?

Your foolishness is beyond measure. I'd rather not vote any useless party or politician. By the way I'm still waiting for their humanitarian gestures of frying akara, plaiting women's hair, eating roasted corn, drinking from the same cup with children, sharing branded bags of rice, salt, and maggi and all the other things you supporters are usually fooled with. Bunch if idiots...all of you.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by trutharena: 8:07pm On Apr 10, 2022
I will support whoever eventually gets APC ticket. Whether Asiwaju or Osinbajo.

One thing I respect about Osinbajo is that he is a real omoluabi, showed restraint and respect. That’s enough and I wish him best of luck in his ambition.

God bless Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.
God bless Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

5 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by BeardedmeatR(m): 8:09pm On Apr 10, 2022
Audio grin
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Penguin2: 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
Tinubu and his urchins in the mud grin grin grin

Na to begin release missiles of propaganda against Osinbajo grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Truthisunique2: 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
He is welcome but you would notice tomorrow that nobody would scold him for not having a single person by his side to declare

You would notice tomorrow that their won't be multiple thread discrediting him despite his position as economy cordinator

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Truthisunique2: 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
Penguin2:

The would only be in pains that he didn't step down for their god so as to massage his ego

They can't attack because he isn't amaechi that declared with full stadium
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by trutharena: 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2022
Penguin2:

We are in full support Of either Osinbajo or Tinubu.

So far the ticket come home to the West, we are fine.

Meth addicts are bitter. Have you stopped campaigning for the fake Buhari candidate Amaechi?

You can see how scanty his declaration was without notable governors or senators. Osinbajo is Buhari candidate and I think Buhari might be wise because Osinbajo is the only candidate that can break Asiwaju’s base and with him loyalties will be divided.

Let the game begin.

3 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by kennybabs1980: 8:14pm On Apr 10, 2022
Good move
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by mighty2: 8:17pm On Apr 10, 2022
We are watching
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Penguin2: 8:18pm On Apr 10, 2022
trutharena:

We are in full support Of either Osinbajo or Tinubu.

So far the ticket come home to the West, we are fine.

Meth addicts are bitter. Have you stopped campaigning for the fake Buhari candidate Amaechi?

You can see how scanty his declaration was without notable governors or senators. Osinbajo is Buhari candidate and I think Buhari might be wise because Osinbajo is the only candidate that can break Asiwaju’s base and loyalties will be divided.

Let the game begin.

How many governors attended Tinubu’s declaration?

Meanwhile, we know that Tinubu and Osinbajo are working together and that the perceived rift between them is just a smokescreen.

Critical thinking Nigerians know this.

Northern powerbrokers know this too.

You can’t say you don’t wanna give Tinubu power and you give it to his errand boy.

That would amount to stupidity and Nigerians are not stupid.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by trutharena: 8:20pm On Apr 10, 2022
Penguin2:

Tinubu did not declare in a stadium. He declared in Aso Rock.

If Asiwaju had declared in the stadium, you will have governors, senators, rep members, and etc in that place.

He is the ONLY candidate that can pull the biggest weight if you remove Osinbajo from the picture. With Osinbajo in the picture now, loyalties will be divided.

I have always feared this day will come but I will use the end result to improve my political knowledge. If Osinbajo successfully dislodge Asiwaju, then he is the new leader on the block and I wish him best of luck.

We will give him our support. There should be no animosity in the West, if one person wins, it’s a win for all.

4 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Yellowface1220(m): 8:20pm On Apr 10, 2022
We move
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Penguin2: 8:23pm On Apr 10, 2022
trutharena:

If Asiwaju had declared in the stadium, you will have governors, senators, rep members, and etc in that place.

He is the ONLY candidate that can pull the biggest weight if you remove Osinbajo from the picture. With Osinbajo in the picture now, loyalties will be divided.

I have always feared this day will come but I will use the end result to improve my political knowledge. If Osinbajo successfully dislodge Asiwaju, then he is the new leader on the block and I wish him best of luck.

We will give him our support. There should be no animosity in the West, if one person wins, it’s a win for all.

Tinubu and Osinbajo are working together.

We know the game

So rest.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Truthisunique2: 8:24pm On Apr 10, 2022
Penguin2:

Meanwhile, we know that Tinubu and Osinbajo are working together and that the perceived rift between them is just a smokescreen.

You can’t say you don’t wanna give Tinubu power and you give it to his errand boy.

grin guy this is a joke or what

This is tinubu life ambition here, the only working together he needs from osinbajo is for osinbajo to support him since buhari isn't

This would boost his personality but a commissioner contesting with him has defiled him before the north that the mystic around him is a scam

Now the fulanis can cut tilumbu to size if a mere commissioner don't have regard for him
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Truthisunique2: 8:24pm On Apr 10, 2022
trutharena:

Tinubu declared openly at various meeting with the traditional heads he has brought all he could gather
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by trutharena: 8:26pm On Apr 10, 2022
Penguin2:

Tinubu and Osinbajo are working together.

We know the game

So rest.

No they are not working together but there is one thing I know, Asiwaju always sacrifice.

He do always sacrifice and he most often knows when to fight and when to stop. If he does his calculations and he sees there is no winning ways, he will declare his support for Osinbajo and you will see the dynamics change fast with the speed of light.

One thing about Asiwaju again, he has history of sacrifice and if this also warrants him to do such, he will do that.

That’s why he’s different from every other politician.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by trutharena: 8:29pm On Apr 10, 2022
Penguin2:

Let me tell you something. The Northern powerbrokers themselves are divided between Asiwaju and Buhari base. Buhari has lost touch with the structure of APC and the only thing left is the respect they accord him.

The only game the North can play is to pitch Osinbajo against Asiwaju so that like that no one wins and they can find the middle ground “Osinbajo”.

An Amaechi presidency is a sure way for APC to collapse and I’m sure the presidency themselves can gauge the pulse of APC leaders which explained why Amaechi declaration was a flop without people attending.

Let’s just wait and see.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Truthisunique2: 8:30pm On Apr 10, 2022
trutharena:

Let me tell you something. The Northern powerbrokers themselves are divided between Asiwaju and Buhari base. Buhari has lost touch with the structure of APC and the only thing left is the respect they accord him.

The only game the North can play is to pitch Osinbajo against Asiwaju so that like that no one wins and they can find the middle ground “Osinbajo”.

An Amaechi presidency is a sure way for APC to collapse and I’m sure the presidency themselves can gauge the pulse of APC leaders which explained why Amaechi declaration was a flop without people attending.

Let’s just wait and see.
buhari is in perfect touch with the Apc leadership and it was reflected how he coordinated the entire agitation in less than a week which takes superior respect and command in the party to pull.

Northern power brokers are not divided, they are with buhari the same man with 10m+ votes in the north which they parasite from

And buhari has his candidate, some may personally have personal ambition or preferred candidate but it doesn't stop them from rallying around buhari when time comes

Remember Dem sheriff and the rest northerners that said they drop their personal position and would always take the position of the president

Some even were only worried he didn't tell them his position on time

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Penguin2: 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2022
trutharena:

No they are not working together but there is one thing I know, Asiwaju always sacrifice.

He do always sacrifice and he most often knows when to fight and when to stop. If he does his calculations and he sees there is no winning ways, he will declare his support for Osinbajo and you will see the dynamics change fast with the speed of light.

One thing about Asiwaju again, he has history of sacrifice and if this also warrants him to do such, he will do that.

That’s why he’s different from every other politician.

You see the problem we have Osinbajo candidacy?

Because we know one way or the other, he and Tinubu will get to meet at one point along the contest and Tinubu will be the one to give way because he’s the one who is disadvantaged in the entire calculation.

Now, look at it this way… do you think Tinubu will step down without cutting deals with Osinbajo in case he wins the presidency? Of course not.

Tinubu will ask for appointment slots to be conceded to him.

Again he would ask for protection of dynasty in Lagos including his Alpha Beta business.

These are unarguable.

So away with Tinubu and his lapdog, Osinbajo.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Truthisunique2: 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2022
Penguin2:

Because we know one way or the other, he and Tinubu will get to meet at one point along the contest and Tinubu will be the one to give way because he’s the one who is disadvantaged in the entire calculation.

Now, look at it this way… do you think Tinubu will step down without cutting deals with Osinbajo in case he wins the presidency? Of course not.

Again he would ask for protection of dynasty in Lagos including his Alpha Beta business.

These are unarguable.

The position would be very clear later on, the president should be given the refusal of first right to choose his successor as the founding father of apc

As the one who would also be bringing the 10m votes he has a right to choose his successor

Tinubu would settle for a northern vp at best and the consesus would be ratified within a week

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Unzerious: 8:39pm On Apr 10, 2022
Osinbajo ain't goin no where. The APC Presidential Primaries will come as a shock to Everyone. #Meffy2023
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by trutharena: 8:39pm On Apr 10, 2022
Penguin2:

These are unarguable.

Osinbajo has no structure, he will only inherit Tinubu structure so Asiwaju will still be very active in his government if he eventually win against Asiwaju in the primaries.

The presidency themselves at this point really do not have too much option in this, Osinbajo is the only card they can use to checkmate Asiwaju.

You can see El-Rufai, Sanwo-Olu, Dapo Abiodun, Oyetola are in the meeting currently going on with Osinbajo, they are the same Asiwaju caucus.

It’s the same caucus, same network, just different people.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Penguin2: 8:43pm On Apr 10, 2022
trutharena:

Let’s just wait and see.

Buhari that single-handedly installed the new APC chairman has lost structure of APC?

Haba! Try to be realistic in your projections.

Now to the candidates…

Aside Southwest, where else would Tinubu garner votes in the entire south? None.

But Amaechi will win the SS and SE(if PDP makes mistake of giving its ticket to a northerner again) and he would get about 30% of votes in the Southwest.

You go to the north, if Tinubu picks a northern Christian to strike religious balance, then he has lost the north. But not so with Amaechi. Amaechi will comfortably choose a Muslim running mate and with Buhari support, the north will be delivered for him.

These are realistic projections that you know is true except you are letting sentiments becloud your reasoning.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Inside Details Of How Osinbajo Will Declare His 2023 Ambition by Penguin2: 8:49pm On Apr 10, 2022
trutharena:

Osinbajo has no structure, he will only inherit Tinubu structure so Asiwaju will still be very active in his government if he eventually win against Asiwaju in the primaries.

The presidency themselves at this point really do not have too much option in this, Osinbajo is the only card they can use to checkmate Asiwaju.

You can see El-Rufai, Sanwo-Olu, Dapo Abiodun, Oyetola are in the meeting currently going on with Osinbajo, they are the same Asiwaju caucus.

It’s the same caucus, same network, just different people.

Doesn’t this submission of yours confirm my point?

How can we say we don’t want the kleptomaniac fingers of Tinubu near our national treasury only to vote for someone whom Tinubu will play a major role in his presidency?

And hey, don’t bank on Elrufai being in the camp of Asiwaju.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Convention: How The Delegates May Vote / I Am Beginning To Get Sceptical For The Push For Southern President By The North / 2023: Why Is Tinubu's Presidential Popularity Waning Down?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.