Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,493 members, 7,847,025 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:40 AM

Nigeria's Neatest State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Neatest State (30091 Views)

Meet Nigeria's Neatest Mechanic That's More Educated Than You(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by ndiigbo1: 6:08pm On Jul 06, 2011
The cleanest are Enugu,Anambra, Cross river, Lagos and Abuja
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by dayokanu(m): 6:09pm On Jul 06, 2011
Oshodi
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by Enosa1(m): 6:15pm On Jul 06, 2011
but why is benin not mention? The comrade govt is really trying his best.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by bashr4: 6:15pm On Jul 06, 2011
cleanest is enugu follwed by calabar then owerri. also lagos island,asaba are trying.

dirtiest cities are lagos mainland, onitsha, aba,ibadan

dont know much about the northern part of nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by Enosa1(m): 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2011
bashr4:

dirtiest cities are lagos mainland, onitsha, aba,ibadan,benin.

dont know much about the northern part of nigeria.

when last did u visit benin?
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by amarilo: 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2011
Maidugiri nko?
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by executinal(m): 6:23pm On Jul 06, 2011
Coal City all the way, cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by ZnO: 6:26pm On Jul 06, 2011
fxtopedia:

Since you have no info about north, I laugh at your list!

Why don t you make your own list or you have only been to your village?
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by ZnO: 6:30pm On Jul 06, 2011
Benin used to be one floody dirty city where shi.t floats commonly on water on Lagos Uselu road and Sapele/Warri/PH road when it rains (I have been there more than 10 times). But I agree that Oshiomhole may have changed things now.

E.nosa:

when last did u visit benin?

But the outskirts of Benin city towards NIFOR has one of the most beautiful sceneries in natural Nigeria
Edo villages are funny too, so scantily populated, but with heavy forests.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by Amjustme: 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2011
For me calabar is the neatest state in Nigeria.

Lagos might look physically clean but d stentch,
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by maasoap(m): 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2011
What and who make your choice number one? 20,000 youths were employed in Osun State in February and all they have been doing so far is environmental sanitation with uniforms and tools, and trucks. Which state in Nigeria can beat that?
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by maasoap(m): 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2011
What and who make your choice number one? 20,000 youths were employed in Osun State in February and all they have been doing so far is environmental sanitation with uniforms and tools, and trucks. Which state in Nigeria can beat that?
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by kabukabu50(m): 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2011
Cleanest states by far are Delta,Edo,Cross Rivers, thats it.
Lagos is filthy everywhere except for parts of Island,oh and it reeks of muck everywhere angry angry.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 06, 2011
I don't know about state, but without a doubt the neatest CITY in this dirty Nigeria is CALABAR. My very own Calabar. End of Discussion.; now lock this thread!
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by ZnO: 6:54pm On Jul 06, 2011
kabukabu50:

Cleanest states by far are Delta,Edo,Cross Rivers, thats it.
Lagos is filthy everywhere except for parts of Island,oh and it reeks of muck everywhere angry angry.

Which Delta?

Only Asaba and the parts of Warri where Oyinbo live are okay
Warri town is very filthy
Those riverine areas are full of water, water shi.t grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by UyiIredia(m): 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2011
I'd give it to Calabar
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by ZnO: 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2011
Is Calabar a state?

A few years back Imo consistently ranked as the neatest state in Nigeria. Now I guess it is no more the neatest, but still one of the neatest.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by sparko1(m): 7:09pm On Jul 06, 2011
Lagos is number on in neatness looking from the fact that its the most populated state in all and looking at the land space very small for such a huge population, if say no let take the population of lagos and put it wherever you call neatest for one week and let's see if it will not be the dirtest in the world.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by ZnO: 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2011
sparko1:

Lagos is number on in neatness looking from the fact that its the most populated state in all and looking at the land space very small for such a huge population, if say no let take the population of lagos and put it wherever you call neatest for one week and let's see if it will not be the dirtest in the world.

The money generated from the huge population is enough to keep it clean, but no.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by JimmyBoy1: 7:21pm On Jul 06, 2011
I give it to Calabar-Cross River. Though Uyo,Enugu and Ilorin are also neat.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by fxtopedia(m): 7:33pm On Jul 06, 2011
ZnO:

Why don t you make your own list or you have only been to your village?

LMAO,  grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by MMM2(m): 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2011
Aba in abia state
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by temodent(m): 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2011
To me the answer is none, beyond the facade we see in the city centres the inner city are extremely dirty, generally I think there is culture of dirtiness around here.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by Abagworo(m): 7:56pm On Jul 06, 2011
I come clean and real in my analysis with the least bias.Calabar unarguably is by far the cleanest city in Nigeria.

I have travelled to all the cities apart from the ones in Borno,Adamawa,Taraba,Sokoto and Kebbi State.

Owerri is 2nd and I will not give 3rd because many others like Jos,Kaduna,Bauchi,Ilorin,Minna,Enugu are on the same level.

Enugu would have been high on my list but I was dissappointed by the state of infrastructure at the Abakpa area.Very disgusting!!
One might be deceived by the look of Chime Avenue,GRA,Independence Layout and Trans-Ekulu.Ogui,Holy Ghost and the main township area.

Chime did well but more needs to be done.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by lepasharon(f): 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2011
EKITI/ONDO!! ANYWHERE EXCEPT LAGOS! grin smiley
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 06, 2011
It's definitely Aba. . .fine city
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by hbrednic: 8:03pm On Jul 06, 2011
Ogun state is very dirty,i wonder how people survive there angry
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by erayo2GCA(m): 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2011
The cleanest state is Borno,
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by Rbaby1: 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2011
osun state

Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by ZnO: 8:08pm On Jul 06, 2011
^^^^^
R_baby:

osun state

Is this (upper photo) a model of how clean Osun will look in 2099? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
We are talking of current reality, dude.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by londoner: 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2011
Lol, people mentioning Aba, simply because they would like people to start trashing Aba on this thread, so transparent.
Re: Nigeria's Neatest State by jmaine: 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2011
To be sincere, the cleanest state is a very tricky question  . . .cos the capital cities are cleaner than the adjoining cities . . .where appalling conditions could be observed . . . . but to absorb all bias . . .i will give it to Cross River State .  . . culture of being clean is embedded in their DNA except   . . . . in arears like Bogobiri . .where the Hausa/Fulani have their base . .damn . . an amazing dirty spot in a supposed clean city . . . Our Northern Brothers no dey try at all . . . guess their penchant to overcrowd themselves in small enclaves could be a major cause . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We’ll Catch Shekau Before Elections — Jonathan / Tanzanians Are Very Excited Because Jonathan Is Arriving Their Country. / Tinubu: The Battle Ahead - Sun News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.