Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,126 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH (34264 Views)

Edo Assembly Seats: PDP 12, APC 8, LP 1 As INEC Declares 3 Inconclusive / 12 APC Governors, Senators, Reps Want New Generation Chairman / #EndSARS: Kiki Osinbajo Joins campaign, Posts Picture On Her Instagram Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by softwareman(m): 5:55am On Apr 11, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Watch how Mkpuru Mniri miscreants pushing him to contest against Tinubu just to create bad blood suddenly start blaming him again for aspiring

Yes on Tinubu's mandate i stand... But nothing is better than having Professor Osinbajo as my President if Bola Ahmed Tinubu isn't contesting... As a matter of fact he outshines Jagaban in some aspects especially Constitutional Law and Governance... While Asiwaju outclass him in Human resources management, Economics and finance

I respectfully disagree.
As we say where I come from, you do not take me to court and afterwards remains my friend.
If osibanjo declares, the die is cast.
His loyalty has being tested and proven to be TREACHEROUS. It is as simple as that
Henceforth, he is on his own.
Let him now test his popularity on his own.
You no longer can say tinubu and osibanjo.
IT IS EITHER TINUBU OR Osinbajo.
That is the choice everyone must make henceforth.
Osinbajo has exited the political family by choice

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by Michelle70(m): 5:58am On Apr 11, 2022
Praxis758:
With PYO joining the race: could/will it birth a bad blood between him and Tinubu? Considering how instrumental the later was to him in 1999 and 2014.
it won't, if i was Tinubu I'd be happy seeing my boy Osibanjo wrestle me

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by Mooh247: 6:00am On Apr 11, 2022
softwareman:

I respectfully disagree.
As we say where I come from, you do not take me to court and afterwards remains my friend.
If osibanjo declares, the die is cast.
His loyalty has being tested and proven to be TREACHEROUS. It is as simple as that
Henceforth, he is on his own.
Let him now test his popularity on his own.
You no longer can say tinubu and osibanjo.
IT IS EITHER TINUBU OR Osinbajo.
That is the choice everyone must make henceforth.
Osinbajo has exited the political family by choice

Well that's tough love and some bitter truth...

However we are humans, and Professor Osinbajo is just a mere mortal with aspirations over clouding his sense of fairness

And since all is fair in war and politics.. nobody should be blamed if he gets attacked and exposed by Tinubu's camp and media group
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by arthurwillia(m): 6:01am On Apr 11, 2022
Kzinne:
After months of speculation and consultation, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Sunday joined the presidential race ahead of the primary of the All Progressives Congress which comes up next month.

Osinbajo at a dinner he hosted at the Presidential Villa for the breaking of Ramadan fast (Iftar), the Vice-President informed the APC governors of his plan to succeed his boss, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), whose tenure as President ends in 13 months’ time.

It was learnt that no fewer than 12 APC governors out of the 23 were present at the meeting.

Some of the governors present include: Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna), Dapo Abiodun (Ogun), Abdullahi Sule (Nasarawa), Babagana Zulum (Borno) and Babajide Sanwo-Olu (Lagos).

Attempts to get a response from the Spokesman for the Vice-President, Laolu Akande, proved abortive as he neither responded to calls nor a text message on Sunday.

Osinbajo, who turned 65 last month, is a senior advocate of Nigeria and a former lecturer at the University of Lagos. He is also a senior pastor with the Redeemed Christian Church of God.

He began his public office career in 1988 as an Adviser (legal advice and litigation) to the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Bola Ajibola, a position he held for four years.

The Vice-President was appointed Attorney-General of Lagos State in 1999 by then Governor, Bola Tinubu, and held the position till 2007, implementing several judicial reforms.

He was nominated as Buhari’s running mate in 2014 and was elected alongside Buhari in 2015. During his seven-year tenure as Vice-President, Osinbajo served as acting President for more than 120 non-consecutive days while his principal was on medical leave in London between 2016 and 2018

Osinbajo will be contesting the APC Presidential primary against Tinubu, his former boss; the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi; Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi; and Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State.

Others in the APC who are rumoured to be nursing Presidential ambitions include: Ekiti State Governor and Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Kayode Fayemi; the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige. The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, is also considered a contender.

https://punchng.com/osinbajo-joins-presidential-race-meets-12-apc-governors/
Lol failure
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by softwareman(m): 6:08am On Apr 11, 2022
Amotolongbo:
This is the only worthy candidate I can see out of the APC and PDP candidates
Osinbajo is far from being a worthy candidate for presidency.
You cannot separate him from the failures of this governments.
If the president has not found him worthy to LISTEN to his counsel and advice, then he is even a greater FAILURE!
The question is what precisely are his roles in this government?
THE ECONOMY? TRADERMONI?
IF WE USE ANY IF THIS TWO AS A YARDSTICK, THEN Osinbajo IS A MONUMENTAL FAILURE!!

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by softwareman(m): 6:12am On Apr 11, 2022
Michelle70:
it won't, if i was Tinubu I'd be happy seeing my boy Osibanjo wrestle me
But that my boy must then know that he is no longer my boy,but now a man like me.
He should not EXPECT KID GLOVES FROM ME WHEN WE GET TO THE RING.
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by Michelle70(m): 6:13am On Apr 11, 2022
softwareman:

But that my boy must then know that he is no longer my boy,but now a man like me.
He should not EXPECT KID GLOVES FROM ME WHEN WE GET TO THE RING.
ofcos, Osinbajo won't remain a boy forever.
Even Tinubu was Someones boy at some time

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by Ttalk: 6:20am On Apr 11, 2022
JAMO84:
Unless Tinubu decide to accept defeat if the Presidency helps another aspirant to get the ticket, I don't see anyone else with his kind of leverage in the APC.

Ameachi : cannot win his State

Umahi: Will lose his State to PDP in presidential election

Osinbajo: Best Aspirant, zero structure. If he leaves APC, even his State governor won't follow him. Tinubu, Osoba and Oshiomole made Dapo Abiodun governor of Ogun State.

Yahaya Bello: Joker

I am 100% confident that Tinubu is the only aspirant that can destroy APC if he wants to. If the Party work against him and he decides to leave, he will do so with at least, three states from the south west. Lagos, Ogun, Osun and even Oyo states.

By the way, how do they intend to sell a senior pastor to the Northerners?

APC MUST GIVE TINUBU THE TICKET, NOT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO, BUT BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO.

Tinubu can not leave APC for whatever reason, he can only negotiate with PDP to defeat APC in 2023

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by AchalugoNwa(f): 6:23am On Apr 11, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
cool

Watch how Mkpuru Mniri miscreants pushing him to contest against Tinubu just to create bad blood suddenly start blaming him again for aspiring

Yes on Tinubu's mandate i stand... But nothing is better than having Professor Osinbajo as my President if Bola Ahmed Tinubu isn't contesting... As a matter of fact he outshines Jagaban in some aspects especially Constitutional Law and Governance... While Asiwaju outclass him in Human resources management, Economics and finance

[/s]
trash
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by GuiseppeO: 6:27am On Apr 11, 2022
softwareman:

Osinbajo is far from being a worthy candidate for presidency.
You cannot separate him from the failures of this governments.
If the president has not found him worthy to LISTEN to his counsel and advice, then he is even a greater FAILURE!
The question is what precisely are his roles in this government?
THE ECONOMY? TRADERMONI?
IF WE USE ANY IF THIS TWO AS A YARDSTICK, THEN Osinbajo IS A MONUMENTAL FAILURE!!

Oh! So you accept you that this government failed woefully, we knew you all kept licking Buhari’s arse crack because of Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:01am On Apr 11, 2022
Best of luck.
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:09am On Apr 11, 2022
JAMO84:
Unless Tinubu decide to accept defeat if the Presidency helps another aspirant to get the ticket, I don't see anyone else with his kind of leverage in the APC.

Osinbajo: Best Aspirant, zero structure. If he leaves APC, even his State governor won't follow him. Tinubu, Osoba and Oshiomole made Dapo Abiodun governor of Ogun State.

I am 100% confident that Tinubu is the only aspirant that can destroy APC if he wants to. If the Party work against him and he decides to leave, he will do so with at least, three states from the south west. Lagos, Ogun, Osun and even Oyo states.

APC MUST GIVE TINUBU THE TICKET, NOT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO, BUT BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO.
They have as per na your papa get the country.. Tinubu WILL NOT RULE NIGERIA... Edon dey clear for una eye small small. He should leave. The votes in those states are insignificant.. Lagos is multi ethnic, so votes are split already
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by PresidentAtiku(m): 7:12am On Apr 11, 2022
Suddenly all the zombies on this platform are hating on Osinbajo...

All the while they have supported Buhari not because he is doing well but because of their demonic selfish ambition and hope that Buhari will easily handover Nigeria to the drug lord and bullion vannist.

YIU GUYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by springer: 7:13am On Apr 11, 2022
Dear Vice President

As you declared to Content for President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,I declared the following facts to you on behalf of Nigerians who share the same view with me as follow:

three can't work together in peace then let them go assunder in pieces for peace. Nigeria is a failed State. We need the guys from the Barracks to reset us and set us free. Terrorists have taken over Nigeria both in government and in the forest. When they strike, the rich paid 100 million naira and went home but the poor are paying with their blood.

We are in Civil War. PDP and APC are different party with same members. We are in doom. No electricity, no water, bad roads, terrorists everywhere, kidnappers everywhere, bandits everywhere, corrupt politicians. It is a natural disaster to be a Nigerian.

We shed countless innocent blood everyday. Nigeria kill at will and random. We need National Protest, we need International Intervention. We are in doom. Pls Nigerians reject APC and PDP. Pls go for Independence of your Region. Surely and obviously Nigeria is not working.

Freedom Fighters are in the prinsons all over Nigeria, bandits are recruited into our armed forces, terrorists are recruited into National Security Outfits, corruption everywhere. We need to Divide Nigeria. You PYO attended more funerals and condolences than infrastructure projects commissioning. You never condemned the senseless killings of Christians and faithful Muslims. What did Yoruba gained from as VP? What are your achievement in the last eight years, are you deaf or dump to the killings everywhere? Why no single condemnation statements except condolences.

Railway not safe, airports not safe, roads not save,we are finished. Guns everywhere, rituals killings everyday, tribal wars everywhere, God pls where are you? We are dieng everyday. Nigeria is not working. APC and PDP killed us and water the chance to be great. Pls divide Nigeria. Failed APC, Failed PMB, Failed Leaders, Failed Government, Failed Country. The problems from the North is too just too much for the South. Must we live together when we share different destiny.

Different weather, different culture, different believe, different foods, different languages, different soil texture, different skin, different look, different everything because those northern terrorists are not humans. Let the North face their north pls. Problem from north is too much.

We fought for for Sunday Igboho with diplomacy, intelligence and politics and we are praying for MNK freedom. Freedom for Biafra is a freedom for Yoruba nation. If three can not work together in peace let them go assunder for peace. No force in love, we are shedding too much of innocent blood, God and Satan can't never be happy with a bloodshedding entity like Nigeria.

Failed Government, Failed Leaders, Failed Country. The biggest mistake Nigerians will make in 2023 is to vote for any Leader who is part of the present Nigeria problem. I analysed the antecedent of those who have declared and believe me NONE of them worth it, irrespective of their political parties then I LOST HOPE IN THE HOPELESS COUNTRY.

LagosMoneyBank has never seen anything bad is ALL PMB/APC policies so he never condemned any of it despite the rots and corruption everywhere. Tout took over Lagos transport system is a red flag for national transport system if he becomes the President.

Only time he made comment was about the train massacre which affected his birthday program. He made condolences (just like PYO) and not a condemnation of the terrorists acts. No qualified person to lead Nigeria, the entity is too big for any brain among the largest gathering of black people in the world.

Even during Ramadan these Muslim terrorists still strike. Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims why? Fake Pastors everywhere why? No hope just divide the country to save lives.

Since there is nothing wrong in PMB/APC policies to Jagaban then he will surely continue with the same policies, he made it clear to PMB that HE WANTS TO STEP INTO HIS SHOES and Nigerians heard that clearly with their two ears and read it with their two eyes yet some have started campaign. He promised to fight dirty just like PMB said then.

Atiku is no go area, Peter Obi lacks the pedigree, till now he made no official statement about ongoing massacre in the South East. These people are all gansters in governance. In 2015 they say Buhari will face Security Osinbajo will face Economy...this is the results. They are failures. All of them. They are cartels.

I have not seen any credible candidate from Wiked I Rivers to Yeye bellow from Igbiraland. As a Minister what is Ameachi achievement in seven years in transport ministry? Bunch of corrupt failed leaders. All of them are bad leaders including Obasanjo who biggest fund on electricity without results.

With Love from Western-Nigeria

TO THE

Dociled and Sleeping Nigeria Citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:22am On Apr 11, 2022
JAMO84:

How do you sell a senior pastor to the north? How did you sell a well known Islamic religious fanatic to the south?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by softwareman(m): 7:26am On Apr 11, 2022
PresidentAtiku:
Suddenly all the zombies on this platform are hating on Osinbajo...

All the while they have supported Buhari not because he is doing well but because of their demonic selfish ambition and hope that Buhari will easily handover Nigeria to the drug lord and bullion vannist.

YIU GUYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED
No sir. Because we know that PDP has no solution, but rather will make things worse
As for Osinbajo, once he throws his hat into the ring, then he and his records must be challenged and scrutinized.
He is now a dog in the race and he must be ready for the race.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:27am On Apr 11, 2022
VictorUSA:
Exactly my thought.I can see that the man is a competent leader with effective leadership skills.He bring a lot of changes to this nation.
Which changes and which competence? How much is a bag of garri now in your area? How much is a litter of fuel now?
How much is dollar to naira now?

Some of you don't weigh your words properly before saying them.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:29am On Apr 11, 2022
The war has just begun
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by VcStunner(m): 7:29am On Apr 11, 2022
Good.
If PDP doesn't field an Igbo and Peter Obi specifically, then I will have another choice in the person of Osinbajo. Haven said that, japa is still an option just incase you are really thinking about the future of this country.

I WRITE STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The most difficult Statement of purpose I have written since I started working on SOPs has to be that of a civil engineering guy who wanted a career switch to Nursing after 9 whole damn years of practicing engineering!! My twitter DM is full of requests for SOP. Some requests are quite weird fam, but in all, I always come through with a 100% plag-proof original SOP that actually gives people admission.

Today, I don't just write SOPs anymore, I help guys who don't have a BSC or those that do, but with a 3rd class or pass grade to upgrade to a second class upper degree in just 21 working days. See, when you don't know anything, pay who does and get it. It's how the world works. 14 of my clients have since been mobilized for NYSC between last year and this year. The big boys from the North only come for masters just to get promotion at work. Everything has a cost to it guys, pay the money and get the value. Nuff said.
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by ChoCho54(f): 7:30am On Apr 11, 2022
This thread is very dry and uneventful smiley

Where are the erudite skullers in the building? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by PrinceOfLagos: 7:31am On Apr 11, 2022
Tinubu in the mud

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by Cantonese: 7:31am On Apr 11, 2022
Osinbajo/El Rufai game plan.

However APC’s ticket is reserved for GEJ/Buni.

Our own na PVC to vote them all out.
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by Abfinest007(m): 7:31am On Apr 11, 2022
Ok
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by ChoCho54(f): 7:31am On Apr 11, 2022
oluseyiforjesus:
The war has just begun
Ok
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by lexy2014: 7:31am On Apr 11, 2022
Amotolongbo:
This is the only worthy candidate I can see out of the APC and PDP candidates

what makes him more worthy than the others? how is he different from tinubu and buhari?
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by emmykk(m): 7:32am On Apr 11, 2022
Osinbajo is equal to Tinubu. He can't be Nigeria president.

Both Tinubu and Osinbajo are playing on the sensitivity of the president, Tinubu is invariably sayinng to buhari if you say I m a Moslem from the south ok take Osinbajo he is a christian.
To them if any of them fly the yoruba won,that however will be burst when the time come.

Will you elect imam as president so also we Can't elect a pastor as president

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by lexy2014: 7:32am On Apr 11, 2022
VictorUSA:
Exactly my thought.I can see that the man is a competent leader with effective leadership skills.He bring a lot of changes to this nation.

how has he used his competence and effective leadership to move nigeria forward since 2015?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by adolfHitler1934: 7:33am On Apr 11, 2022
This man is 1000% better than Tinubu whose life ambition is to become president and not to serve. Even Amaechi said it, his aspiration is not because of life ambition but to come and make a better society.

Osinbajo is someone who has the guts and is well educated to turn things around. The little time he was left with power and command when Buhari was out, he exercised it well by firing that incompetent DSS fool.

Unfortunately Osinbajo is in the wrong party because Nigerians have reached the peak of deception, no stories can make Nigerians vote APC again. Power must return back to the PEOPLE even if the person would come from the North, the people must take their power back. South East can have it later because they deserve it.

Sadly,with all his gra gra and consultation in his region with Obas and ancestors alike, he will never be president.

Tinubu can never be president. Know this and know peace, Urchins.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by bigdammyj: 7:33am On Apr 11, 2022
Noted
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by GFelixNature: 7:33am On Apr 11, 2022
JAMO84:

When Tinubu is schemed out, his supporters will come here to say that he wasn’t interested in the Presidential seat in the first place but wanted to hold it for Osinbajo who will be schemed out also.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja / Soldier Who Was Killed In Sambisa Forest Buried Today In Maiduguri. Photos / Okpokiri Nwanaka Buys 85 Gionee 5 Phones As Constituency Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.