Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH (34263 Views)

Edo Assembly Seats: PDP 12, APC 8, LP 1 As INEC Declares 3 Inconclusive / 12 APC Governors, Senators, Reps Want New Generation Chairman / #EndSARS: Kiki Osinbajo Joins campaign, Posts Picture On Her Instagram Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by VcStunner(m): 9:10am On Apr 11, 2022
luizpippo:

And you are proud to say you manufacture BSC certs for people in 21 working days.

Change Pass or 3rd class to 2nd class upper which are all fraud.

Keep it up
Man I am so sad right now fam, i feel so terrible for all my evil certificate doings... i was going to feel this way for a long time before i thought about your president grin grin grin
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by M1Garand(m): 9:12am On Apr 11, 2022
samuelson06:

It's true that Tinubu can cause a major shake in APC if he chooses to leave but the heart and soul of the APC doesn't want Tinubu. That's a fact.

They can't give him their ticket else they'd lose to PDP. What I foresee is that at a point Tinubu would realized he's been played and at that point, it'll be too late for him to leave and even if he chooses to leave then, it won't create much negative impact on the party.

Watch!

And you have forgotten that Tinubu can decide not campaign for the APC candidate and support the PDP candidate most especially if it's his friend Atiku silently? Politics is a long game and not 1+1...
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by chiedu7: 9:12am On Apr 11, 2022
JAMO84:
Unless Tinubu decide to accept defeat if the Presidency helps another aspirant to get the ticket, I don't see anyone else with his kind of leverage in the APC.

Ameachi : cannot win his State

Umahi: Will lose his State to PDP in presidential election

Osinbajo: Best Aspirant, zero structure. If he leaves APC, even his State governor won't follow him. Tinubu, Osoba and Oshiomole made Dapo Abiodun governor of Ogun State.

Yahaya Bello: Joker

I am 100% confident that Tinubu is the only aspirant that can destroy APC if he wants to. If the Party work against him and he decides to leave, he will do so with at least, three states from the south west. Lagos, Ogun, Osun and even Oyo states.

By the way, how do they intend to sell a senior pastor to the Northerners?

APC MUST GIVE TINUBU THE TICKET, NOT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO, BUT BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO.
Oh boy you talk true oh
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by SledgeHammerer: 9:15am On Apr 11, 2022
obailala:
President for naija na emperor. President no dey get godfather! If you think otherwise, then you dey deceive yourself

Continue with your self deceit oo
Bye bye
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by M1Garand(m): 9:15am On Apr 11, 2022
poiZon:

How will tinubu sell his muslim-muslim ticket to the Northerners?

The joke is on tinubu...

His falls will be so great that people from Afghanistan will feel it...

Are you telling me northerners that are mostly Muslims will be against a Muslim-Muslim ticket. You people overrate northerners alot. It's just like saying the South East will vote Muslim-Christain over a Christain-Christain ticket. The north is a winner takes it all kind of politics. It happened with Abiola. And mind you Tinubu can choose Dogara as his vice.
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by juman(m): 9:15am On Apr 11, 2022
Apc candidate.
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by zicoraads: 9:18am On Apr 11, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

This is my primary reason for supporting Osinbajo!

He's a professional. Someone with real mental capacity to understand complex issues of economy.

He's also not power-drunk.

His heart is in the right place.

A nationalist.
Welcome back... grin cheesy

For a moment there, I thought we were about to lose you. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by poiZon: 9:21am On Apr 11, 2022
M1Garand:

Are you telling me northerners that are mostly Muslims will be against a Muslim-Muslim ticket. You people overrate northerners alot. It's just like saying the South East will vote Muslim-Christain over a Christain-Christain ticket. The north is a winner takes it all kind of politics. It happened with Abiola. And mind you Tinubu can choose Dogara as his vice.
If he chooses dogara find...

But believing he can pull 1993 scenario in 2023 is a joke of the century.

Osinbajo or ameachi won't even dare think of picking a christian as running mate, so thinking of this is absurd and appaling
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by cosmatika(m): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2022
OBALOLA55:
WHAT A VERY SAD DAY FOR SEUNMSG sad

And all the Tilumbu urchins. Watch them to start saying they've been supporting PYO all dese while, dat they were only waiting for his declaration
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by M1Garand(m): 9:26am On Apr 11, 2022
poiZon:

If he chooses dogara find...

But believing he can pull 1993 scenario in 2023 is a joke of the century.

Osinbajo or ameachi won't even dare think of picking a christian as running mate, so thinking of this is absurd and appaling

What I am telling you is the north and the south east/south south are very loyal to religion and that's fact. The same way Imam's can help influence the jammah is the same way Catholic priests and pastors can help influence the congregations in their domain. So saying the north won't like Muslim Muslim ticket is faux.
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by Elidrisy20: 9:32am On Apr 11, 2022
You better follow your oga,go
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by obokuntravels: 9:33am On Apr 11, 2022
The south west are behind Asiwaju, maybe Buhari is behind Osinbajo but all I know is the VP is a betrayer, he can't be trust with power. After 8years as VP, still he want to be president for another 8yrs, haba

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by Realist12: 9:36am On Apr 11, 2022
Ilaje1:

Will you stop Yorubas have to be wiser nonsense. What did you gain when Obj was a president? What did common Ijaw get when Jonathan was a president? What did the poor Hausas get with Buhari in power? So everyone should vote about their interest and stop this nonsensical Yoruba thing.
You don't get it , as vice president under this Buhari's government what was his achievement, can you compare to Tinubu charisma in the southwest AC and ACN days , the man literally influenced governors and we saw the development from , Amosun Ogun , to Aregbesola Osun , Oshiomole Edo , to Ajimobi Oyo state , and Lagos state Fashola to Ambode yes youmight have some criticism about their tenure but we can say they were the very effective. We all saw the wave of progress mainly due to the blueprints. Did you mention OBJ ,Osinbajo will just be like another OBJ cooperating with the Northern cabal who put him there or fighting them. But can Osinbajo Fight the order?
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by ShaqFu: 9:38am On Apr 11, 2022
PrimadonnaO:

This is my primary reason for supporting Osinbajo!

He's a professional. Someone with real mental capacity to understand complex issues of economy.

He's also not power-drunk.

His heart is in the right place.

A nationalist.
You forget to add his number 1 selling: He's a Christian.

Just so you know, professionals don't do well running a country as dubious and corrupt like Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by softwareman(m): 9:59am On Apr 11, 2022
Nonexisting:
You mean he should be ready for some propaganda? Osinbajo should henceforth be ready to be linked with Nnamdi Kanu and ipob. What Tinubu urchins can not do does not exist.
I meant what I wrote precisely.
He should be ready for his record to be scrutinized.
Also, he should be ready for real politics.
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by GeneralDae: 10:02am On Apr 11, 2022
donforeign:
what had he done as the vice president
Who among the Aspirants has done anything? This messiah you are looking for where does he or she exist in the political arena of Nigeria? The best we can do is to choose the best of the worst. As for me, I have my own list in order and these are the people I can vote for in chronological order.

Amaechi
Osibanjo
El Rufai
Peter Obi
Zulum
Kingsley Moghalu
Tinubu

The others do not appeal to me.
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:08am On Apr 11, 2022
zicoraads:

Welcome back... grin cheesy

For a moment there, I thought we were about to lose you. cheesy

LMAO cheesy grin

Still here till after the primaries.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:09am On Apr 11, 2022
ShaqFu:
You forget to add his number 1 selling: He's a Christian.

Just so you know, professionals don't do well running a country as dubious and corrupt like Nigeria.

LOL.

I hope we give one more professional a chance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by Badonasty(m): 10:18am On Apr 11, 2022
As far as I’m concerned…osinbajo presidency is still tinubu presidency
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by fitinwell: 10:35am On Apr 11, 2022
Kzinne:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/osinbajo-joins-presidential-race-meets-12-apc-governors/%3famp

Nigerians wants a crusader leadership with Military Background Experience has president of federal republic and not chicken hearted orator...
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by AntonVince: 10:37am On Apr 11, 2022
JAMO84:
Unless Tinubu decide to accept defeat if the Presidency helps another aspirant to get the ticket, I don't see anyone else with his kind of leverage in the APC.

Osinbajo: Best Aspirant, zero structure. If he leaves APC, even his State governor won't follow him. Tinubu, Osoba and Oshiomole made Dapo Abiodun governor of Ogun State.

I am 100% confident that Tinubu is the only aspirant that can destroy APC if he wants to. If the Party work against him and he decides to leave, he will do so with at least, three states from the south west. Lagos, Ogun, Osun and even Oyo states.

APC MUST GIVE TINUBU THE TICKET, NOT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO, BUT BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO.

Olanipekun, you are contradicting yourself in your desperate religion-propelled bid to promote Tinubu at all cost while bringing down others.
How do you reconcile the boldened parts? Why does Tinubu need to be "given" the ticket if no one could stop him? If Ameachi and Umahi cannot win Rivers and Ebonyi, how will Tinubu win there?

...and who even told you Tinubu stands a chance should a primary be conducted and the president endorses and supports a candidate? Most of you simply don't know the amount of power a sitting Nigerian president wields. Wait until Buhari makes his preference known and then watch how most of the governors seemingly pandering to Tinubu now make a U-turn.
Yes, Tinubu is filthy rich but he isn't richer than those whose control the entire nation's resources, should the battle degenerate into buying up the less-than-10,000 APC delegates.

I'm very sure Osinbajo wouldn't be declaring especially at this critical twilight hours in the race for the ticket without genuine assurances from Aso Rock.
The South will be the joker in 2023 and only a candidate with the capacity to attract bloc votes from there stands a chance of getting to Aso Rock.
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by jaxxy(m): 10:47am On Apr 11, 2022
Mooh247:

Party politics in Nigeria is about money

Delegates don't travel all the way to Abuja, booking flights and hotels to vote for anyone without money

Know this and know peace

That's why Nigeria is the,way it is and u want to destroy it more bt Godforbid.

Abiola had money and spent more than this. it didn't help him at the end. money isn't everything in politics.

Jonathan spent all our treasury and it didn't help him.

u will soon understand.
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by JAMO84: 10:52am On Apr 11, 2022
AntonVince:

Olanipekun, you are contradicting yourself in your desperate religion-propelled bid to promote Tinubu at all cost while bringing down others.
How do you reconcile the boldened parts? Why does Tinubu need to be "given" the ticket if no one could stop him? If Ameachi and Umahi cannot win Rivers and Ebonyi, how will Tinubu win there?

...and who even told you Tinubu stands a chance should a primary be conducted and the president endorses and supports a candidate? Most of you simply don't know the amount of power a sitting Nigerian president wields. Wait until Buhari makes his preference known and then watch how most of the governors seemingly pandering to Tinubu now make a U-turn.
Yes, Tinubu is filthy rich but he isn't richer than those whose control the entire nation's resources, should the battle degenerate into buying up the less-than-10,000 APC delegates.

I'm very sure Osinbajo wouldn't be declaring especially at this critical twilight hours in the race for the ticket without genuine assurances from Aso Rock.
The South will be the joker in 2023 and only a candidate with the capacity to attract bloc votes from there stands a chance of getting to Aso Rock.

What is propelling you to hate Tinubu?
Has he ever govern any of your states?

Has he ever held any federal position?

It's your bitter hatred for his religion and ethnicity that's killing you inside.

If Buhari does not support who made him President after crying for it for 12 years, is it those that cannot win their polling booth he will support?

When you want Buhari to Betray Tinubu, you call him the most intelligent, on another day, you call him dullard. Hypocrites everywhere.
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by GeneralDae: 10:55am On Apr 11, 2022
fitinwell:

Nigerians wants a crusader leadership with Military Background Experience has president of federal republic and not chicken hearted orator...
So then who is this crusader you are talking about?
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by AntonVince: 11:19am On Apr 11, 2022
JAMO84:
What is propelling you to hate Tinubu?
Brazen thievery and thuggery promotion in Lagos.

Has he ever govern any of your states?

Never governed my state but has governed and continues to plunder a a state in my region and a state where I'm not only an employer of labour but also a Corporate tax payer.

Has he ever held any federal position?
Yes. He was once a Senator.

It's your bitter hatred for his religion and ethnicity that's killing you inside.
No. You're wrong. I'm way above such nonsense but I do support religious balancing as an imperative for fostering unity.

If Buhari does not support who made him President after crying for it for 12 years, is it those that cannot win their polling booth he will support?
Since he "made" Buhari president with his marginal inconsequential 160,000 votes. He should be bold enough and should also possess the wherewithal to install himself president.

When you want Buhari to Betray Tinubu, you call him the most intelligent, on another day, you call him dullard. Hypocrites everywhere.
How does Bihari supporting Osinbajo (should that be the case) amount to betrayal? The Yoruba race is bigger than Tinubu and his selfish, greed-driven "life-long ambition"

Questions answered.
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by Arkmanbuddy(m): 11:21am On Apr 11, 2022
JAMO84:

How did APC sell a Fulani Muslim to the Southerners? You guys think the North is made up of 100% Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by YhemmyBloom(m): 11:24am On Apr 11, 2022
Subsurface planned wishes of the likes of Ambode,Fuad Oki, Muiz banire amongst other strong supporting loyalists finally coming to terms sequentially smiley ..

We await the primaries end point�.
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by poiZon: 11:26am On Apr 11, 2022
M1Garand:

What I am telling you is the north and the south east/south south are very loyal to religion and that's fact. The same way Imam's can help influence the jammah is the same way Catholic priests and pastors can help influence the congregations in their domain. So saying the north won't like Muslim Muslim ticket is faux.
Am telling you the north will not tolerate anything now that will further divide this country either thru ethnic or religious lines...

Buhari would have picked tinubu as his running mate even when we knew the odds were against gej, but he refused.
Is it now that the entire system has collapsed thanks to buhari and his party men that u think they will consider this rubbish thoughts?
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by ProudImolite: 11:29am On Apr 11, 2022
A VP cannot succeed a president immediately in Nigeria so this one is dead on arrival . But whatever reduces the chance of the self peeing dog is good
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by AntonVince: 11:41am On Apr 11, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

How did APC sell a Fulani Muslim to the Southerners? You guys think the North is made up of 100% Muslims.

Exactly what we have been fruitlessly drumming in their zombeic ears all the while.
Most of the religious extremists don't even know that there are more Christians in the APC chairman's state than Muslims.
grin
I wonder if Benue, Kogi, Ondo, Lagos, Adamawa, Plateau, Ogun and Nassarawa among other states that massively voted Buhari in 2015 are Muslim states.

They are hell-bent on reducing 2023 to a religious battle, all in a bid to install another Muslim successor to Buhari.
It doesn't matter if the masses all die of hunger and insecurity.
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by citygarden(m): 11:59am On Apr 11, 2022
In politics, the More you look, the less you see. Oshibanjo declaration have the backing if tinubu. But tinubu decided to draw big political enemy to his side. That is the reason for early declaration by tinubu. You will all witness it. By dye minutes to the election am sure tinubu will step down and instruct all his structure to vote for Oshibanjo. It's just a game, the winner go with the crown
Re: Osinbajo Joins Presidential Race, Meets 12 APC Governors - PUNCH by Tareq1105: 12:16pm On Apr 11, 2022
JAMO84:

We understand you but like governor bagudu asked recently, where would the Party get a Northern christian governor to Vice Tinubu if he wins the primary?

It's a big question that Tinubu himself hasn't given answer to bcoz Muslim Muslim ticket would not work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees / Ortom, Dogara, Babachir hold secret talks in Abuja / Soldier Who Was Killed In Sambisa Forest Buried Today In Maiduguri. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.