Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime (1759 Views)

The Dantata/Dangote Story: How To Create A Dynasty Of Billionaires (2020) / How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! (2) (3) (4)

Re: My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime by DispatcherLagos: 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Glory be to God, i love good news my brother, i love legit hustler like die.

But the problem is dat u wil still rubbish this same lagos with ur alternate moniker, lagos is slum, lagos is overrated, lagos is this and dat while u forgot that lagos offers u what ur place couldn't offer.(pardon me if u re not one of those that do this)

Well sha, we thank God for u
You are pardoned. By the way, what happens on Nairaland stays here. Nowhere is not slum, nowhere is not overrated, nowhere is not this and that as long as it's in Nigeria....you will agree with me if you have had the privilege of leaving here.
Re: My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime by OlawaleBammie: 6:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
You are pardoned. By the way, what happens on Nairaland stays here. Nowhere is not slum, nowhere is not overrated, nowhere is not this and that as long as it's in Nigeria....you will agree with me if you have had the privilege of leaving here.
U just said what i wanted to here, so far its in this corntree, nowhere is actually a paradise, but some would still single-out lagos out of hatred.

Re: My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime by DispatcherLagos: 6:29pm On Jun 28, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
U just said what i wanted to here, so far its in this corntree, nowhere is actually a paradise, but some would still single-out lagos out of hatred.
Lagos by far is ahead of so many states. I have been to so many states East, west North and South. Slums exist in all...so is erroneous to heap it on Lagos alone
Re: My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime by Seyioluwa11(m): 6:29pm On Jun 28, 2022
Front page
This can inspired someone
Re: My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime by OlawaleBammie: 6:32pm On Jun 28, 2022
DispatcherLagos:

Lagos by far is ahead of so many states. I have been to so many states East, west North and South. Slums exist in all...so is erroneous to heap it on Lagos alone
ok, so guys are heaping it all on lagos due to its level abi?? Well, lagos get level sha.

But i am still with the opinion that u shouldn't have shared ur business secret, why cant u keep it secret and chop ur money on a coded level, afterall if u broke nobody go reason ur matter. Abi u no tink so??
Re: My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime by MarianaTrench: 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Glory be to God, i love good news my brother, i love legit hustler like die.

But the problem is dat u wil still rubbish this same lagos with ur alternate moniker, lagos is slum, lagos is overrated, lagos is this and dat while u forgot that lagos offers u what ur place couldn't offer.(pardon me if u re not one of those that do this)

Well sha, we thank God for u

What's his alternate moniker and how did you determine that he's also the owner?
Re: My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime by Jeon(f): 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2022
BoredBerry grin

Re: My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime by Dlemy: 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Continued........

Having gotten to some heights in taking and delivering orders we started thinking of how to differentiate our business from the hundreds of logistics companies in Lagos. And more importantly, how to diversify and increase our revenue and profit. I came up with an idea and discussed it with my staff, customers and mentors and 90% of them endorsed it.

So we started the first warehousing cum logistics company in Lagos. We literally receive the products of businesses/ people who owns and runs businesses with serious Lagos customers while their businesses aren't in Lagos. We keep this products in our warehouse, package and deliver it to their customers anytime they have order in Lagos or Ogun states. Thereby saving the customer the cost of sending his/her orders to Lagos on every single demand. Also to make sure the goods get to the customer/consumer in good time.

We tried this on a handful of customers and we perfected our strategy before we made it open. We are currently building our mobile apps that will allow customers view their transactions and make payments. We are also looking at opening a warehouse in Iyana ipaja and Maza Maza areas before the year runs.

This is how far and how well we have come in our business. Mind you, I came to Lagos with a view of getting a white collar job, but today (by God's grace), I pay at least 6 persons and business is growing from strength to strength. If God can do it for me, he will surely do it for you. All you need to do is to think smart, pray and work hard. The business wasn't entirely rosy at the starting period, I can remember trekking miles like from ijegun-ikotun...from Egbeda-Ayobo.....from Jakande to CMS.... from Ikeja to Agege etc just to save enough money from the delivery fees I charged. If I couldn't give up, you too shouldn't.

Thanks for your time

Nice one,
Can I have your number please
Re: My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime by OlawaleBammie: 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2022
MarianaTrench:

What's his alternate moniker and how did you determine that he's also the owner?
Oga wen did u become David hundeyin??
Re: My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime by ChiKingFarm: 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2022
For the record Lagos is not Yoruba land ,Lagos is no man's land and Edo people are the only people that have the right to claim it .
Re: My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime by MarianaTrench: 8:37am On Jun 29, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
Oga wen did u become David hundeyin??

I just want to know
Re: My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime by OlawaleBammie: 8:55am On Jun 29, 2022
MarianaTrench:

I just want to know
did the acused deny the allegation leveled against him??
Re: My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime by klismann12: 7:43pm On Jan 05, 2023
Boss don't be annoyed, how do u monitor your staff to know the number of deliveries made in a day?
Re: My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime by richidinho(m): 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2023
Psdcaptures:

Starving to death in your OsuLand would have been a greater honor for you & ur family than spending your miserable time on Nairaland insulting the very people on who's land your making money to feed ur unfortunate self and fam.

He said Lagos not iragbaji
Re: My Story: How I Built My Business From The Scratch Without A Dime by joyousever(f): 11:44pm On Jan 05, 2023
God bless you for sharing this and inspiring us.

DispatcherLagos:
Continued........

Having gotten to some heights in taking and delivering orders we started thinking of how to differentiate our business from the hundreds of logistics companies in Lagos. And more importantly, how to diversify and increase our revenue and profit. I came up with an idea and discussed it with my staff, customers and mentors and 90% of them endorsed it.

So we started the first warehousing cum logistics company in Lagos. We literally receive the products of businesses/ people who owns and runs businesses with serious Lagos customers while their businesses aren't in Lagos. We keep this products in our warehouse, package and deliver it to their customers anytime they have order in Lagos or Ogun states. Thereby saving the customer the cost of sending his/her orders to Lagos on every single demand. Also to make sure the goods get to the customer/consumer in good time.

We tried this on a handful of customers and we perfected our strategy before we made it open. We are currently building our mobile apps that will allow customers view their transactions and make payments. We are also looking at opening a warehouse in Iyana ipaja and Maza Maza areas before the year runs.

This is how far and how well we have come in our business. Mind you, I came to Lagos with a view of getting a white collar job, but today (by God's grace), I pay at least 6 persons and business is growing from strength to strength. If God can do it for me, he will surely do it for you. All you need to do is to think smart, pray and work hard. The business wasn't entirely rosy at the starting period, I can remember trekking miles like from ijegun-ikotun...from Egbeda-Ayobo.....from Jakande to CMS.... from Ikeja to Agege etc just to save enough money from the delivery fees I charged. If I couldn't give up, you too shouldn't.

Thanks for your time

Cheaper Palm Oil For Nigerian Market / Imitation Gone Mad: Nigeria To Buy Bad Loans / Starting An Export Business(ginger)