Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Is Nft Overhyped?? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Nft Overhyped?? (692 Views)

Working On Client NFT Project (documented On Nl) / Is This 'NFT' Worthy? / About NFT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nft Overhyped?? by Maxxim: 8:10am On Apr 11, 2022
I can't wrap my mind on this NFt idea, like so many questions on why would one spend a ludicrous amount just to get the ownership of an image or a virtual item, when it's possible to get such without paying a dime elsewhere.

I know the next generation is trying it's means to have ones ownership of every data on the internet which gave birth to this Nfts and the web 3.0, but then it seems unrealistic too cos of how you can get these stuffs at ones disposal on the internet.

Do you also think an artist with low or no popularity will be to make it on that platform since they have no prior connection or prospects?

Reason is this, I've seen so many information marketers trying whatever means to sell this idea of how people are cashing out which I believe it's a bait to sell their courses online.
Your opinions are appreciated.
Re: Is Nft Overhyped?? by Jay5mie: 8:20am On Apr 11, 2022
Very over hyped

Avenue for money laundering
Re: Is Nft Overhyped?? by BlaqFaze: 9:02am On Apr 11, 2022
Maxxim:

I can't wrap my mind on this NFt idea, like so many questions on why would one spend a ludicrous amount just to get the ownership of an image or a virtual item, when it's possible to get such without paying a dime elsewhere.

I know the next generation is trying it's means to have ones ownership of every data on the internet which gave birth to this Nfts and the web 3.0, but then it seems unrealistic too cos of how you can get these stuffs at ones disposal on the internet.

Do you also think an artist with low or no popularity will be to make it on that platform since they have no prior connection or prospects?

Reason is this, I've seen so many information marketers trying whatever means to sell this idea of how people are cashing out which I believe it's a bait to sell their courses online.
Your opinions are appreciated.
Same thing "Affiliate Marketers" and "Forex traders" do...they spam everywhere on WhatsApp selling useless courses.... almost 99% of Forex traders don't make money from it in the long run, so they make these courses to deceive gullible Nigerians(who can't read things up on Google), that's how most Forex traders make money.

The worst is this Affiliate Marketing stuff (you can literally learn about Affiliate Marketing in a blog post/YouTube video), these guys are worst than Yahoo boys because they're ripping off fellow Nigerians...Now they're selling Nft course.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nft Overhyped?? by Maxxim: 9:04am On Apr 11, 2022
Jay5mie:
Very over hyped

Avenue for money laundering
Wow, that's true, I never thought about it from that angle.
Re: Is Nft Overhyped?? by Maxxim: 10:44am On Apr 11, 2022
BlaqFaze:
Same thing "Affiliate Marketers" and "Forex traders" do...they spam everywhere on WhatsApp selling useless courses.... almost 99% of Forex traders don't make money from it in the long run, so they make these courses to deceive gullible Nigerians(who can't read things up on Google), that's how most Forex traders make money.

The worst is this Affiliate Marketing stuff (you can literally learn about Affiliate Marketing in a blog post/YouTube video), these guys are worst than Yahoo boys because they're ripping off fellow Nigerians...Now they're selling Nft course.

What prompted me to ask these questions, they literally jump on every trending tech to make money, only from those suffering from shining object syndrome tho.
Re: Is Nft Overhyped?? by IceColdVeins(m): 2:53pm On Apr 12, 2022
chrisethanet:
it is used to launder money, or share proceeds of crime, especially programmers..
we can be a group of programmers and hack lets say an investment platform, if the organization reports the heist to fbi and interpol, any wired transfer will be traced even in crypto.
so we all create nft pages create prices amounting to our share on our nft art and we are paid by the ring leader. To the novice some billionaire is buying art for 4million dollars, not knowing we are sharing our stolen funds
Your last paragraph went a bit off-key
Re: Is Nft Overhyped?? by ImpregnaTor(m): 5:30pm On Apr 12, 2022
The whole NFT thing is just ridiculoussad

(1) (Reply)

Graphics Design Does It Worth It Or Not / Social Chat App, Dating App, Dating Website, Livestreaming App Developed / Programming Language For 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.