Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,775 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? (10422 Views)

When Was The Last Time You Watched Your Local/state TV Station? / Core TV Station Shuts Down As Flood Ravages Headquarters In Ogun (Photos) / AIT Kakaaki Social: NBC Threatens To Sanction TV Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by tnerro1(m): 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
E don tey sha ooo, e no go better for DSTV
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by drmuchin: 2:42pm On Apr 12, 2022
The Analog Local TV stations are only watched by low socioeconomic class.
Until they perfect digital switch over, they will be left behind
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by omenkaLives(m): 2:52pm On Apr 12, 2022
In all honesty, the last time I watched NTA was probably over 15 years ago. In fact, lately, even our Channels, TVC, AIT (last time was when I stayed in Port Harcourt in 2007), Silverbird, etc, I don't. Get all the latest news, especially in politics, from Nairaland.

When I have the time to watch cable, the only channels I watch are CNN, Al-Jazeera, History, CI, National Geographic, NatGeo Wild, and very occasionally, BBC Lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by Dukeolumidemans(m): 2:52pm On Apr 12, 2022
They are mostly used for propaganda by the sitting government and most times they have nothing cool to offer, so why do I need to waste my time watching them? So to answer ur question...it's been years. Infact my family knows watching local tv stations in my house is prohibited because u won't hear the truth there... otherwise Lai Muhammad will ban them from operating.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by Oxtertee(m): 2:53pm On Apr 12, 2022
i kuku watch am this wkend when my decoder sub expires and i was contemplating if i should renew the sub or not due to power outage. nothing really interesting both audio and video quality is whack and they kept repeating showing some projects executed be the state gov every 2 mins. it was really annoying.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by Oxtertee(m): 2:53pm On Apr 12, 2022
Dukeolumidemans:
They are mostly used for propaganda by the sitting government and most times they have nothing cool to offer, so why do I need to waste my time watching them? So to answer ur question...it's been years. Infact my family knows watching local tv stations in my house is prohibited because I won't hear the truth there... otherwise Lai Muhammad will ban them from operating.

no be lie.
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by yusluvad(m): 2:55pm On Apr 12, 2022
Miracood2:
Is it possible to own an iPhone 13pro max

And still crave for an infinix hot 8? angry
You mean Samsung Galaxy S22 angry angry angry angry
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by yusluvad(m): 2:56pm On Apr 12, 2022
This afternoon. No sub on my Gotv...
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by Danielle09: 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2022
Miracood2:
Is it possible to own an iPhone 13pro max

And still crave for an infinix hot 8? angry
Person give you that lamba abi
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by Themandator: 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2022
Every day

1. AIT
2. ARISE
3. CHANNELS
4. TVC
5. UGWUMBA
6. COZA
7. DUNAMIS

ETC
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by kazma1010(m): 3:17pm On Apr 12, 2022
I do every day
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by 1866scx: 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
[s]
omenkaLives:
In all honesty, the last time I watched NTA was probably over 15 years ago. In fact, lately, even our Channels, TVC, AIT (last time was when I stayed in Port Harcourt in 2007), Silverbird, etc, I don't. Get all the latest news, especially in politics, from Nairaland.

When I have the time to watch cable, the only channels I watch are CNN, Al-Jazeera, History, CI, National Geographic, NatGeo Wild, and very occasionally, BBC Lifestyle.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by Johel(m): 3:46pm On Apr 12, 2022
domesifa:
With the availability of HD and FHD online video contents increasing overwhelmingly and the presence of cable tvs, when last did you watch a local TV station or use a local TV antenna? Do the TVS still exist? How're the staff coping?

Too busy to watch tv....my phone Na my tv...who cares about local stations.? undecided undecided
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by Bbbw: 4:32pm On Apr 12, 2022
Daily
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by olowofariwo(m): 4:37pm On Apr 12, 2022
Me I dey enjoy my free "OurTV" with over 40 channels
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by olowofariwo(m): 4:57pm On Apr 12, 2022
Me am enjoying my totally free " Ourtv"
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by gibzzhd: 5:57pm On Apr 12, 2022
Drtv
Dbs
Itv
Abs
Rstv
Who still dey watch local TV. I no even get time to watch TV sef but if I do it's live football, News on international channels and Nat Geo.
Our FM even try pass TV.
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 6:12pm On Apr 12, 2022
Lakside1955:
Can’t even watch it even on DSTV channels

This is not fair grin

For me I watch local TV stations via YouTube

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by decasey(m): 6:15pm On Apr 12, 2022
I can't even remember
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by joeking2222: 6:25pm On Apr 12, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Can't even remember..

Even the cable tv self ....I nor dey watch

Except the day of football

Gone are those days way person go veg out in front of the local TV dey wait for night movie....itv, Ebs nta[saturday night thriller]
SUPERSTORY that year for NTA oh FATHER oh DAUGHTER!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:35pm On Apr 12, 2022
Sometime in 2011 and it was that Damilola Adegbite's TV series.
The one she and Chris Attoh were in.
I cant even remember the name but i enjoyed it on STv
The moment I purchased cable TV December of that year, I never bothered with a local TV Station again

Themandator:
Every day

1. AIT
2. ARISE
3. CHANNELS
4. TVC
5. UGWUMBA
6. COZA
7. DUNAMIS

ETC
Igwe!
Patriotic Citizen! cheesy
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by 9182736455O1999(m): 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2022
Analog Tv stations are no longer available. They have all gone digital. A directive from the FG last year.
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by Sanctecosma(m): 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2022
Since buhari came on board cry cry
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by AlphaStyles(m): 9:55pm On Apr 12, 2022
2days ago from time to time i do tune in because i still find some contents intresting
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by AlphaStyles(m): 9:58pm On Apr 12, 2022
drmuchin:
The Analog Local TV stations are only watched by low socioeconomic class.
Until they perfect digital switch over, they will be left behind
to be honest u no well what type of insult is that? low socioeconomic class? u dy ment so someone cant enjoy their local contents? was tv made for only international contents?
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by Cousin9999: 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2022
A week or two ago I think.
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by UCHIHAmask: 1:31am On Apr 13, 2022
bana91:
Damn, it’s been so long.
I’m not sure I’ve made it to the front page before so let me use this opportunity to express what I’ve been feeling and don’t have a medium to express all these while. I’m talking bout the tribal war here on nairaland, it saddens me whenever i see things like ‘skull miner’ ‘Igbos’ or the likes here on nairaland but what saddens me the most is people liking this tribal insult whenever someone comments such, something we ought to ignore. How do we move forward as a country when all we do to each other is to insult each other at the slightest chance. I know this write up won’t stop it but let’s stop encouraging post/comments about how a tribe is better than the other, we are all Nigerians and if we want a better Nigeria we have to put our differences aside. Please
When people like you talk about "we are all one Nigeria" it gives the impression of patriotism,it makes you look like a loving peace seeking person and connotes that anything against the existence of that Nigeria is dark,hateful and destructive.
Nigerians attach that unnecessary sentiment to thoughts and reasoning,wtf! we talking about nation building here,we talking about scientific growth and development,something extremely lacking in this country,over decades with these system of government currently in place nothing positive in that aspect has happened, things are just getting worst,forget all you see in that fucking NTA,they
can't even broadcast to Nigerians about bokoharam attacks or threat,
Nigerians are hoping or praying against the reality of misery and penury that is and would continue to ravage their lands,they know the cure, they see how the advanced worlds practice government,they know that things like restructuring,state policing etc would help fight the menace but they chose not to fight for it,then disintegration is another way for each region to pilot it's own fate...
I've been saying it from 10 years back "with this system of government and Nigeria being a multi-tribal state,things would only get worst".
Patriotism isn't shouting "one Nigeria",do you love Nigeria,do you wish it well,do you know Nigeria,have you compared Nigeria to other nations,do you detest impunity of corruption,do you wish or campaign for true change?!!!
Let those who keep hate and dislike in their minds dispense here on naira land whether real or not,you can't stop,campaign against the evil systems and governments you have..
Although I agree with you that no Human is superior to the other, There is no putting together anything or putting away any differences,how long do you people have to keep saying the same things over and over again without results,Nigeria has to be realistic it is not a bad thing to accept the truth,we are different people with different traditions,customs and religion,so to exist and grow as a nation we must practice a system that gives certain autonomy to regions and groups in Relation to its people...

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by Themandator: 2:45am On Apr 13, 2022
vivaciousvivi:
Sometime in 2011 and it was that Damilola Adegbite's TV series.
The one she and Chris Attoh were in.
I cant even remember the name but i enjoyed it on STv
The moment I purchased cable TV December of that year, I never bothered with a local TV Station again

Igwe!
Patriotic Citizen! cheesy

LOL

I just have to

That is the the thermometer for gauging the polity... You don't want to be in a party when it is run run time to your tent
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by Vivvvy1(f): 3:48am On Apr 13, 2022
Hehehehehehehe�
Fellow Benin sombori

quote author=slawormiir post=111878259]Damnnn niggarrrr
Can't even remember..

Even the cable tv self ....I nor dey watch

Except the day of football

Gone are those days way person go veg out in front of the local TV dey wait for night movie....itv, Ebs nta[saturday night thriller][/quote]
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by Poleski: 5:02am On Apr 13, 2022
I use Netflix for films and get my news online.
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by VirileNelly2420: 7:44am On Apr 13, 2022
bana91:
Damn, it’s been so long.
I’m not sure I’ve made it to the front page before so let me use this opportunity to express what I’ve been feeling and don’t have a medium to express all these while. I’m talking bout the tribal war here on nairaland, it saddens me whenever i see things like ‘skull miner’ ‘Igbos’ or the likes here on nairaland but what saddens me the most is people liking this tribal insult whenever someone comments such, something we ought to ignore. How do we move forward as a country when all we do to each other is to insult each other at the slightest chance. I know this write up won’t stop it but let’s stop encouraging post/comments about how a tribe is better than the other, we are all Nigerians and if we want a better Nigeria we have to put our differences aside. Please
I don't think people take it to heart da much. It somehow spices here up. It's just like a banter in football. It's relatively fun. I have Yoruba friends, my broda is marrying a Yoruba Lady, and even at home we still throw banter to catch fun. When it's moderate, it's cool.
Re: When Last Did You Watch A Local TV Station? by buchilino(m): 7:54am On Apr 13, 2022
bana91:
Damn, it’s been so long.

I LIKE UR SPIRIT, KEEP IT UP. BUT IF NIGERIA IS TO MOVE FORWARD, THEN NIGERIANS MUST STAND BY THE TRUTH N UNDO ALL INJUSTICES DONE BY THE ALIENS(BRITISH). IF NOT, THE HATE WON'T GO AWAY.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Best Nigeria Tv Station? / PREMIERE: ZOE Movie Addresses Effect Of Domestic Violence On Kids / UNEXPECTED - SHORT FILM - By Dyoungstar and Umanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.