Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,421 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

A Must Read: The Man Who Gave Up 3 Feet From Gold - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Must Read: The Man Who Gave Up 3 Feet From Gold (244 Views)

See The Man I Saw Using POS Machine Selling His Gurasa Suya In Birnin kebbi / Savings With KOLO: I Started In January But Gave Up Along The Line. Here's Why- / Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read: The Man Who Gave Up 3 Feet From Gold by OlasunkanmiSM(m): 9:56am On Apr 11, 2022
HE GAVE UP 3 FEET FROM GOLD..!!

One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of QUITTING when one is overtaken by temporary defeat.

Every person is guilty of this mistake at one time or another.

Let me tell you a story of a man who gave up 3 feet... literally 3 feet from gold.

A man was caught by the 'Gold fever' in the gold rush days and set out to prospect for gold with a pick and a shovel.

He found a trail of gold on a piece of land and started digging.

After weeks of hard labor...he struck on the shinning ore.

He needed machinery to bring them out..so he covered the ground and went back home.

He told his family about his discovery and they decided to contribute money to get the machinery needed to do the work.

They resumed on the piece of land and started mining the ore they had found.

It was the largest ore ever discovered at the time...but shortly after... IT happened.

The ore went dry and they lost trail of the gold.

After much digging with high hopes and little to no results...

Finally...they decided to QUIT.

They sold the machinery to a 'junk man' for a few hundred dollars and took the train back home.

Some "junk" men are dumb but not this one!

He called in a mining engineer to look at the mine and do a little calculating.

The engineer advised that the project had failed because the owners were not familiar with "fault lines."

His calculations showed that the vein would be found JUST THREE FEET FROM WHERE THE PREVIOUS WORKERS HAD STOPPED DRILLING!

And guess what...?

That is exactly where it was found!

The "Junk" man took millions of dollars in ore from the mine because he knew enough to seek expert counsel before giving up.

And that is exactly what I want to pass on with this message.

There will come a time in your life - personal or business - where nothing will seem to be working.

It probably is happening already and the most logical thing to do in these kinds of situation is to QUIT.

But just hold on that thought and think about this for a minute...

If you look around...there are people who faced similar challenges to yours during their journey but went on to achieve success regardless.

How about you ask them how they do it?
What should you have done to prevent it?
What could you do to turn it around?

Asking these questions in face of challenges will save you from a lot of regrets.

Imagine how the man felt when he later heard of the news of what the 'junk man' discovered.

You could feel the pain too...right?

Regret is not good for your health.

I hope this has been helpful to you.

Cheers to a productive week ahead �.

And also...what are your thoughts on this?

Re: A Must Read: The Man Who Gave Up 3 Feet From Gold by OlasunkanmiSM(m): 10:30am On Apr 11, 2022
Story adapted from Napoleon Hill's Best Selling book - Think and Grow Rich.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Business Loan / I Need.drivers Urgently / Zenith Bank Board Of Directors Gets New Members. Meet Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.