Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi (33148 Views)

How I Embraced Sexual Purity - My Personal Journey / How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by treesun: 10:13am On Apr 11, 2022
The General Superintendent of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor William Kumuyi, has explained that his ministry embraced the use of television, radio, social media and other technological inventions for the propagation of the Gospel.

The octogenarian preacher lamented that ‘wicked people’ are using the provisions of technology to advance their agenda, hence, the church cannot continue ‘sleeping’ but must ‘wake up’ and use the same technology for Gospel’s sake.

The 80-year-old church leader spoke in a video uploaded on Sunday via Facebook by the Ekiti State chapter of the church.

In the five-minute and 16-second video, Kumuyi regrated that the church was a latecomer in taking advantage of technological tools.

“Why are you the latecomer, why are you the one to be the last to use all these things that the people are using to make the world worse, we are going to rise up.

“Anything at the disposal of the people that are doing evil, we are going to take it away from them and use it for the propagation of the gospel. Let your NO be changed to YES,” he declared.

Earlier, Kumuyi, whose church members were known to detest television, and other gadgets, said, “People are getting new methods and they are doing evil. These are the last days and evil is growing worse because people go beyond using their natural strengths, natural technology, they use telephones, they use the media, they use all these connections, the Zoom and all these things to expand the evil they are doing.

“If those messengers of Satan are using the present-day technology and they are expanding, how about you? You will use those things available; they are not only available for messengers who do evil, they are available for the people that are doing good. You will use them.

“The church has been asleep. When radio began some years ago, people didn’t understand how voices would be coming out of a radio, and so the church at that time said, ‘No, we cannot use radio, there is something there that is magical, that is demonic, voice coming out from just a gadget?’ The church said no. Then, the people of the world began to use the radio. Then the church woke up.

“When television came, somebody somewhere performing drama, they see him on the screen and then the church said, ‘This is evil, these are the last days, look at them, bringing pictures on the screen and whatever they are doing somewhere’. And the church said, ‘No, we are not going to use that’ but later they woke up and they are now using the television.

“But now the church is waking up and we are seeing that that thing (technology) is to spread the gospel, for the word of God gets everywhere. We will be wiser than the people of the world. The Lord will wake us up.”

Kumuyi, who had been criticised last September for using a private jet and limousine to a crusade in Abuja, said, “Some people, when the aeroplane came, some people said, ‘We are not doing to use aeroplane’ and they were riding on horses. The bicycle came and they said. ‘God has given us legs and if He has given us legs, why are we going to use bicycles?’

“Motorcycles came, car came and when the aeroplane came, they said, ‘God has given us the land; He has not given us the space and so all those people who are using aeroplane are worldly, are going to go to hell’. I am telling you what they said in those days but now, all those people, aeroplane has silenced them and now they can go anywhere.”

https://punchng.com/why-deeper-life-embraced-use-of-television-social-media-others-kumuyi/

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by qekng40(f): 10:20am On Apr 11, 2022
I'm so angry right now!

In Lasisi's voice.

Edited: To everyone quoting me and asking why I'm angry, hear this!

This man of God condemned the use of this thing from his gullible members years ago. We had a family friend then, they had TV and all but the boys didn't wear jeans to church because it was a sin to wear jeans, jeans oh. There are so many other things but lemme stop here!

132 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by ItsGoodToBeGood: 10:32am On Apr 11, 2022
qekng40:
I'm so angry right now!

In Lasisi's voice.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by DonBenny77(m): 10:38am On Apr 11, 2022
Mumu excuse, do you know the amount of life changing information and opportunities members have missed those years you put all those restrictions.

166 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by godliman: 10:54am On Apr 11, 2022
DonBenny77:
Mumu excuse, do you know the amount of life changing information and opportunities members have missed those years you put all those restrictions.
When will nairalanders learn to express themselves without vulgarity?

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:58am On Apr 11, 2022
Kumuyi wasn't diplomatic at all unlike his counterparts he blindly stick to the old system of hypnotism even when Fela Anikulapo Kuti has caused a big confusion for most of the church leaders Kumuyi still hing on the old ways of brainwashing people.

Fela Anikulapo Kuti sang a song and instantly most religious leaders started changing their perspectives because the masses will be carried along with Abàmì Ẹ̀dá's song.

Suffer Suffer for world ~ Amen
Enjoy for heaven ~ Amen

This was the old ways of brainwashing people into giving their money to Pastors but after this song majority of the Church leaders turned to prosperity preachers telling their gullible followers that they're supposed to reign as Kings on earth with all the goodies but Kumuyi failed to wake up to that call until he realized that majority of Nigerians revere the RCCG man more than him.
Now he's trying to change things but it's just too late, Fela died in 1997 that is 25 years ago and that album he released during the early 80s almost 40 years ago.

So it's too late for Kumuyi to start changing what he supposed to have changed almost four decades ago! undecided

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by treesun: 11:55am On Apr 11, 2022
Lalasticlala, I remembered one of my mum's cousin, anytime he comes to our house, he will go and sit outside if we are watching TV, he will say we are watching, devil's box!

143 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by obonujoker(m): 12:15pm On Apr 11, 2022
He's right. Children of God have to counter the devices of the devil through media.

Better late than Never

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Janosky: 1:42pm On Apr 11, 2022
treesun:
Lalasticlala, I remembered one of my mum's cousin, anytime he comes to our house, he will go and sit outside if we are watching TV, he will say we are watching, devil's box!
Oga OLAADEGBU, come here & receive tutorial you have been denying on Nairaland.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by DeepRoyal: 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2022
As hard as I think, I really don't have an opinion on Kumuyi. Unlike the other G.Os, I don't know what he's like or much media news about him.

I suppose he is right when he said his church did not embrace tech as a weapon early on for the gospel, just as it had rejected those earlier inventions. Which confirms he's point because I grew up on tv. He was out of the media.

But having read this I would say of him, he sticks with the old ways, and the old ways are safe, they are the ways of the Fathers and that for me puts him as a good man and even more so a geninue General of God.

21 Likes

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by slawormiir: 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Story...see excuses

Pussy asss god of men everywhere

Overlordrichy:

Aswear my niggar

Confusion everywhere
I dey tell you
Confusing their followers

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by fredoooooo: 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2022
Na upgrade abi Update I go call am, as e dey move make we sef dey move with them .. otherwise dem leave you there.

2 Likes

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by beautyhd: 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2022
Some deeper life parents crucified and murdered their children for sneaking out to watch television elsewhere because their church saw it as a sin.

Now, televisions are in deeper life churches.

Say no to religion.

I’m not a religious person but a Christian.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Boss469(m): 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2022
Drunk MOG

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by toffyz(m): 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2022
They just received sense.

Deeper life members have been living a backward life ever since. A stone- age life!

7 Likes

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by dahnimoh(m): 2:54pm On Apr 11, 2022
K

2 Likes

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by effort1: 2:54pm On Apr 11, 2022

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by BigDolph(m): 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2022
Upgrade angry grin

1 Like

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Anansa0003: 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2022
qekng40:
I'm so angry right now!

In Lasisi's voice.
Your anger doesn't change any thing.. So rest

2 Likes

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by yusluvad(m): 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by zinaunreal(m): 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2022
Whatever
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Thinktwicemybro: 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2022
Remaining trousers for ladies.

The same church that will condemn trousers for women in Nigeria will not condemn it in their branches in America and UK.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Seyiemath(m): 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2022
I'm so angry right now!

In Lasisi's voice.

Edited: To everyone quoting me and asking why I'm angry, hear this!

This man of God condemned the use of this thing from his gullible members years ago. We had a family friend then, they had TV and all but the boys didn't wear jeans to church because it was a sin to wear jeans, jeans oh. There are so many other things but lemme stop here!
Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by aspabay(m): 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2022
A sincere Pastor, listen to what he said.
Listen from 2:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey59d-gonoQ

10 Likes

Re: Why Deeper Life Embraced Use Of Television, Social Media, Others — Kumuyi by Wazobia2216: 2:56pm On Apr 11, 2022
This is the reason many ungodly people thinks that Christians are brainwashed

Your doctrine were mainly what you think and not what the Holy Ghost directed!

Christ himself used the facilities available as at that time!

He never deprived or discourage his followers from doing that!

I am not the one to judge but I believe that being a christian should be a relationship solely between you and God!

31 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

26 Signs We Are Living In The End Time! Don't Ignore / Pastor Thaddeus Matthews Advertises Joystick Erection Pills / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.