Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor (22287 Views)

Only Peter Obi Worries Us, Atiku Cannot Win – APC’s Osita Okechukwu / 'I No Sabi Tinubu. Nah Only Peter Obi I Dey Hear - Fulani Herds Boy (Video) / Lawan Shuts Down Motion Seeking To Debate Buhari’s Democracy Day Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by Happened: 10:14am On Apr 11, 2022
The debate of who Nigerians will choose as the next President in 2023 has emerged online as Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo joins the race.

Under the All Progressives Congress, APC, Yemi Osinbajo, Rotimi Amaechi, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Yahaya Bello, Dave Umahi and Rochas Okorocha have declared to run for the presidency.

While under the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar, Peter Obi, Bukola Saraki, Nyesom Wike, Pius Anyim, Aminu Tambuwal, Dele Momodu have all declared intention to succeed Buhari in 2023.

One of these men will likely be the next President.

While the PDP struggles to decide where to zone the presidential ticket to, some Nigerians have opined that Peter Obi is the best candidate to go against Yemi Osinbajo if APC decides to give him the ticket.

Here are some comments gathered by DAILY POST from Twitter:

@Nerfetiti “Wike, Atiku, Saraki or Tambuwal cannot win. 2023 is the crossroads. The first time the church and elites will be voting. The RCCG, House On The Rock and Winners are cooking. They’ll be voting massively this time. Should the church endorse Osinbajo or any candidate, PDP will be toast.”

@Chuksudi “If Peter Obi grabs the ticket, trust me people are going to massively vote for PDP. Peter Obi is there only hope in getting back to Aso Rock.”

@Mavoromatthew “The only person in PDP that can face Osibanjo is Peter Obi. If APC picks Osinbajo and Peter Obi is not contesting, landslide victory for APC.

@Jeffphilips1 “As at today, Atiku cannot beat Osinbajo in any election, Atiku is unelectable as president of Nigeria. I don’t know how many times you people want me to repeat this.”

@Lawyerwaffi “Any youth who votes Atiku or Tinubu over Osinbajo or Obi is an enemy of the state.”

@Odunolasoji “If PDP maintains this position, I can only see Atiku emerging as their candidate, maybe Wike coming a distant second. Peter Obi won’t even come close. And if that happens, they just lost their chance to survive against whoever APC is bringing to the table.”

@MercyUzoho1 “These churches better don’t give APC that opportunity.It’s best if the winner comes from an unknown party. Ain’t you guys tired of PDP and APC? What good do we think we’ll get out of them again? Let’s be wise in our decisions come 2023.”

@Adeyemiaio “The North is playing a long game, if they give osinbajo the ticket, apc will collapse. Then PDP will probably field Atiku (Peter Obi won’t get anything Shar) Atiku will win and the power goes back to the North. Party line is rubbish, ethnic line is the real deal.”

@Ella “God please give us Osinbajo vs Peter Obi in 2023. We’ve suffered too much as a country to have Tambuwal, Atiku, Saraki or Tinubu as President.”

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/11/2023-only-peter-obi-can-face-osinbajo-nigerians-debate-buharis-sucessor/

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by ignis: 10:16am On Apr 11, 2022
Peter Obi is the best candidate PDP can use to counter Osibanjo. If PDP dull and present outdated candidate like Atiku again, they will have to sit on the opposition bench for another 8 years.

Meanwhile,

Kitikiti!
Katakata!

That's what is happening in Tinubu's camp due to Osinbajo's declaration

179 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by Sergio104(m): 10:17am On Apr 11, 2022
wink

On peter obi's mandate we stand.

He will still humble Osinband grin.

"the reason why we were where we were" cheesy

209 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by qekng40(f): 10:17am On Apr 11, 2022
I'm torn between this two.

But if one of them becomes President, I'd be elated; cool

But BAT, Amaechi will never rule this nation after Buhari

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by Djiikoo(m): 10:20am On Apr 11, 2022
Una don start with the online brouhaha

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by Seyiemath(m): 10:20am On Apr 11, 2022
I swear this 2 men are fucking intelligent
Nobody can face this 2 when it come to physical debate

141 Likes 417 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by WibusJaga: 10:20am On Apr 11, 2022
In Daddy G.O.'s voice: Are You Sure There Will Still Be Nigeria in 2023? cheesy

12 Likes

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by starbuck(f): 10:20am On Apr 11, 2022
I am voting for whomsoever wins the ticket between the two..
No caps

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by Sergio104(m): 10:20am On Apr 11, 2022
Noodle Bandits how far??

E go soon clear for una eyes.

Ndị Tinubu, Jogaban, Asawaji....... Rubbish rubbish!!!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by kunleiky(m): 10:21am On Apr 11, 2022
O ma tough!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by Sirheny007(m): 10:21am On Apr 11, 2022
grin grin

I think APC understands.
If power must go to the South, its not going to be some brown teethed drug baron.
You dare not give Tinubu the ticket if you want to win.

Anyway, Its Okwute!
Or power stays in the North.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by bluefilm: 10:21am On Apr 11, 2022
Peter Obi is the right man for the job right now.

Even Osinbajo agrees to that.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by Kingpele(m): 10:21am On Apr 11, 2022
Peter obi for president, it is always good to perform well at every stage of your development in life ..especially politically, now Peter obi unlike Atiku that stole public funds at every stage of his appointment with government as obasanjo wrote in his famous book my watch.Atiku is not electable,pdp is giving him attention because of the billions he stored up for himself and his greatest undoing is the corruption tag obj bestowed on him,Atiku have a one of kind in tinubu, i see tinubu contesting election every election year like Atiku without getting into the Asorock.political parties are after the money of this criminals with billions and will continue to scout them until they grow sense and stop contesting for election

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by gracealonev: 10:21am On Apr 11, 2022
It will be foolhardy for Peter Obi or any other candidate to begin to count their votes through the social media space, most of the guys there don't have their PVCs.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by fasho01(m): 10:21am On Apr 11, 2022
We truly deserve the leaders we get honestly..

2 Likes

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by God1000(m): 10:22am On Apr 11, 2022
They are both intellectuals

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by Nigerialabalaba: 10:22am On Apr 11, 2022
5%ters shidren of 8 and jesters wey no get pvc grin

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by Ournolly: 10:22am On Apr 11, 2022
I agree.
I rate both of them highly too.
Either Peter and Yomi is a very good option.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by CaptainAyub: 10:22am On Apr 11, 2022
Osunbade to face Peter Obi? grin grin
You want another "where were wear" grin grin grin

19 Likes

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by Chibudollar: 10:22am On Apr 11, 2022
Peter Obi or osinbajo anyone of them that wins would be good for Nigeria. They can never be worse than Buhari and they both look healthy at least.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by Naughtysex: 10:23am On Apr 11, 2022
It's getting interesting
Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by Yorubanza: 10:23am On Apr 11, 2022
Even the useless oshigbanjo is no match for Peter Obi.

Aside speaking grammer what does the mere commissioner know? He is as useless as the P in psychology. What did he achieve as a VP? Nothing!

His only famous achievement is to issue half- hearted and pretentious condolence messages upandan after innocent citizens are murdered in their thousands in omenkalivesdead home town in benue state

The midget Oshi-gwanjo, is a bloody murrafucking fake economist.

A fake pastor that is part and parcel of this current failed and monumentally unfortunate administration.

What exactly does the lying hypocrite want to do differently? He is no different from the mannequin in aso rock. Bunch of crooks!

He can only decieve his gullible supporters especially myopic, sentimental and tribalistic abobaku buffons

Peter 'Okwute' (The rock) Obi, remains the man to beat cool

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by mazizitonene(m): 10:23am On Apr 11, 2022
Osibanjo, tinubu........are part and parcel......high ranking members of this present government. They both should not even be considered. If the had any atom of dignity, integrity, self respect, they would have resigned their positions long ago, disassociated themselves from the current Buhari government and maybe just maybe, now, we may have considered them as fits for the cap.

Any of this two men getting power will most likely lead to a continuation of events or even worse future for us.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by Shetemi12(m): 10:23am On Apr 11, 2022
Probably if this Tinubu decides not to run for presidency anymore

195 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by JosephXavier: 10:23am On Apr 11, 2022
When you watch both of them talk, you'll see that Peter is far ahead of the Prof in proffering solutions and ideologies

He is more endowed with the wisdom and the technicalities of a good politician

He has the ideas astounding way of approach in tackling all the issues facing Nigeria but...

Osinbajo who has never been in the ballot box except when picked as running late to Buhari has shown also what he can do with power the little time president Buhari left the country under his watch

Both are credible and can reposition Nigeria in the direction

The two also with Amaechi irrespective of your opinion are the most qualified candidates among those that have shown interest in 2023 presidency that should be in every Nigerians lip and not some old feeble "old-papa-youngie" some lunatics are campaigning for

Another person is Umahi because if what he did in Ebonyi with the little resources available to him

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: ‘only Peter Obi Can Face Osinbajo’ – Nigerians Debate Buhari’s Sucessor by Thinktwicemybro: 10:23am On Apr 11, 2022
No right thinking human being will vote osibanjo

Security- Buhari did not allow me do anything

Health- Buhari did not allow me do anything

Economy- Buhari did not allow me do anything

ASUU strike- Buhari did not allow me do anything

Abacha loot- I gave 10k each as trader Moni to remove people from poverty ( when a loaf of bread is #500)

Achievement for 7 years- I have been loyal to buhari.

What will you do differently as president? Anybody campaigning for osibanjo is an enemy to the Nigeria state!

I and my humble family will not vote for yemi osibanjo.

On Peter obi mandate we stand.

55 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zamfara Dethrones First-Class Monarchs Over "Banditry" / President Buhari Arrives Saudi Arabia For OIC Summit [PHOTOS, Video] / Buhari’s Former Son-In-Law, Kumo Breaks Silence On Being Wanted For $65m Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.