Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? (387 Views)

Is Osibanjo Humbled? See This Picture Of Asiwaju Tinubu And VP Yemi Osibanjo / Where Is Osibanjo? Vanguardngr Joins Trend / Where Is Osibanjo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2022
You all say you want democracy then get angry when the vice president declears his ambition to become president as if he doesn't have the constitutional right to contest for an election.

Nigeria is a democracy not a monarchy, why criticize a man for upholding his right.

Like i don't understand, is osibanjo a tinubu boy, or is the man not adult enough to achieve what he wants on his own terms.

Personally osibanjo is a better candidate than tinubu, he is articulate, a progressive, not your typical politician, he is also a man that people respect and admire, not only that he is not SICK. So who in his right senses will want to vote for tinubu on a good day.

The floor is open for anyone to contest an election but tinubu has the upper hand because not only will he bribe the delegates in the party next convention to be the flag bearer, he will also arrange bullion van 2 to bribe voters when the election comes in 2023, his tactics are nothing new but that is the only way he knows how to win elections.

1 Like

Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by DitariDisciple2: 1:57pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ijaw Republic our home.Ijaws being the 4th largest tribe and having a population of over 10 percent of Nigeria deserves 2 more states and more LGAs for Bayelsa state.
Bayelsa state is bigger than 10 Nigerian states and have over 550 villages and settlements but are so marginalized in times of LGAs.
Forget that lie population figure in book that many falsify.
The truth remains.
All Nigeria's offshore oil go with Ijaw Republic because we are the ones sharing borders with the whole ocean.

Ijaw produces over 90 percent of all Nigeria's crude oil but were unjustly balkanized into Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States when all Ijaw areas are fully together and are not scattered by God.
The Lovers of Ijaw Nation Organization is asking the Nigerian system to restore us to none balkanized by creating Toru-Ebe State (for Ijaws of Ondo, Edo, Delta), Oil Rivers State (for Ijaws of Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States and increase Bayelsa LGAs to the proper number as it is in other States.
These states are economically viable.

Failure to do this, we are going to take full militant actions in every way so as to leave Nigeria and go for Ijaw Republic.
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 13, 2022
DitariDisciple2:
Ijaw Republic our home.Ijaws being the 4th largest tribe and having a population of over 10 percent of Nigeria deserves 2 more states and more LGAs for Bayelsa state.
Bayelsa state is bigger than 10 Nigerian states and have over 550 villages and settlements but are so marginalized in times of LGAs.
The truth remains.
All Nigeria's offshore oil go with Ijaw Republic because we are the ones sharing borders with the whole ocean.

Ijaw produces over 90 percent of all Nigeria's crude oil but were unjustly balkanized into Ondo, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States when all Ijaw areas are fully together and are not scattered by God.
The Lovers of Ijaw Nation Organization is asking the Nigerian system to restore us to none balkanized by creating Toru-Ebe State (for Ijaws of Ondo, Edo, Delta), Oil Rivers State (for Ijaws of Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States and increase Bayelsa LGAs to the proper number as it is in other States.

Failure to do this, we are going to take full militant actions in every way so as to leave Nigeria and go for Ijaw Republic.

How does this rant relate with the topic of discussion

1 Like

Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Ttalk: 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2022
First time OP will be making sense on Nairaland. His previous posts especially his topics has always been that of a tribal drunkard. Now that you are making sense, sensible people would now make sensible comments and that would free you from senseless comments.

Tinubu is capable
Osinbajo is competent
Tinubu has grassroots control
Osinbajo has Federal power

On Osinbajo mandate I stand
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Sergio104(m): 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

How does this rant relate with the topic of discussion
grin.
Two wereys cheesy
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ttalk:
First time OP will be making sense on Nairaland. His previous posts especially his topics has always been that of a tribal drunkard. Now that you are making sense, sensible people would now make sensible comments and that would free you from senseless comments.

Tinubu is capable
Osinbajo is competent

I haven't change from tribal drunkenness because Nigeria hasn't change.

Nigeria is built on tribalism, understand that and have peace of mind.
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by jyz200(m): 2:18pm On Apr 13, 2022
DitariDisciple2:
The truth remains.

Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Ttalk: 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

I haven't change from tribal drunkenness because Nigeria hasn't change.

Nigeria is built on tribalism, understand that and have peace of mind.

You are not just serious for once. You still want to derail your beautiful topic
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ttalk:

Tinubu is capable
Osinbajo is competent

In theory, he doesn't have Federal power yet. I doubt if Buhari would hand him that power until after the primaries. He will have to pull more votes than perhaps the most influential Party member. It is a tough task also because party members know that losing his competitor (Tinubu) is the shortest way for PDP to takeover. Who is more expendable? Your guess is as good as mine!

1 Like

Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ttalk:

You are not just serious for once. You still want to derail your beautiful topic

Anyway, you brought it out.

The topic is beautiful because it is about the person you support even though each tribe will support their own interest
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2022
Siwel25:

In theory, he doesn't have Federal power yet. I doubt if Buhari would hand him that power until after the primaries. He will have to pull more votes than perhaps the most influential Party member. It is a tough task also because party members know that losing his competitor (Tinubu) is the shortest way for PDP to takeover. Who is more expendable? Your guess is as good as mine!

How can buhari hand him power.

We are under a civilian system.

Osibanjo will have to get the party support and be the flag bearer of his party to contest for election
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Ttalk: 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2022
Siwel25:

As far as 2023 is concerned Tinubu's power ends with the Primary, if he loses out and try anything funny, he would find only himself and his family in isolation.

Yoruba are not blind follower, they know Tinubu wanted to trade whatever is left in Yorubaland for his ambition.

Tinubu is capable
Osinbajo is competent
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by tollyboy5(m): 2:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
People just want to cashout from tinubu ..
Its all about greed and not patriotism
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ttalk:

As far as 2023 is concerned Tinubu's power ends with the Primary, if he loses out and try anything funny, he would find only himself and his family in isolation.

Yoruba are not blind follower, they know Tinubu wanted to trade whatever is left in Yorubaland for his ambition.

Tinubu is capable
Osinbajo is competent

Stop generalising. There are traditional yorubas who appreciate Tinubu for fighting for the Yoruba cause at the center. I met a retired Matron somewhere in Lagos and she has great respect for what Tinubu did in the Lagos State Health sector; She believes in him genuinely and was sure Osinbajo will not challenge him. She told me that Yorubas would have been swept aside if not for Jagaban. I have not seen her this week but I am sure she will be disappointed like many elderly Yoruba men and women.

Truth is, it is very easy to campaign against the present government. An alliance of Jagaban with powerful allies will at least, divide the votes of APC and easily allow PDP to grab power. There is no how APC would win without him cos some of his allies who do not decamp would play the spoiler role inside the APC. Osinbajo on the other hand will not be missed cos the APC can easily find more erudite scholars and Lawyers to replace him.
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 13, 2022
Siwel25:

Precisely. Nigerians are too sentamental and this leaves most of them incapable of seeing or accepting the truth.

Even Buhari shows he knows the Party asset Tinubu is when he demanded BAT head his 2019 reelection campaign team after he had sidelined the Lagos Governor after winning in 2015.

That development showed that even the very stubborn Buhari can be pragmatic enough to accept that the ends justifies the means.

I personally doubt APC can remain the ruling Party if Tinubu's formidable political talent and machinery is lost to them and, god forbid, made available to the PDP.
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by TheRareGem1(f): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
Those ones don't know history

Uncle Bola Ige contested with Rev Alayande, his old school teacher, for UPN Guber ticket in 1978 despite Awolowo pleas on behalf of Alayande and he won and eventually he became Oyo State Gov in 1979. Heavens didn't fall and he wasn't ever branded a traitor by Awo/Alayande.

That was matured politics without bittersweet.
Tinubu can't own the world. He needs to chill!

Tambuwal was P.A. To Senator Abdallah Wali.
They contested against each other for the Governorship of Sokoto and Tambuwal won. No betrayal was invoked.

Let the masses determine their preferred candidate between Tinubu and Osinbajo..
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2022
Dsalvo:

Precisely. Nigerians are too sentamental and this leaves most of them incapable of seeing or accepting the truth.

Even Buhari shows he knows the Party asset Tinubu is when he demanded BAT head his 2019 reelection campaign team after he had sidelined the Lagos Governor after winning in 2015.

That development showed that even the very stubborn Buhari can be pragmatic enough to accept that the ends justifies the means.

I personally doubt APC can remain the ruling Party if Tinubu's formidable political talent and machinery is lost to them and, god forbid, made available to the PDP.

I am willing to bet on the PDP taking over if Tinubu pulls out of APC. Those so called Cabals do not have street credibility. Also, men like Senator Abu Ibrahim and Yankassai are genuinely grateful for what he has done for the Northwest. Many Northerners will not take his defection lightly. Ganduje, Ribadu and co have even been more loyal to Jagaban than his Yoruba brothers; They won't work for APC even if they do not defect.

PDP members know it and that is why they are happy about what is happening. They want APC to sideline Jagaban as that would put a long nail in the coffin of APC.

1 Like

Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Joylove2324(f): 2:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2022
TheRareGem1:
Those ones don't know history

Uncle Bola Ige contested with Rev Alayande, his old school teacher, for UPN Guber ticket in 1978 despite Awolowo pleas on behalf of Alayande and he won and eventually he became Oyo State Gov in 1979. Heavens didn't fall and he wasn't ever branded a traitor by Awo/Alayande.

That was matured politics without bittersweet.
Tinubu can't own the world. He needs to chill!

Tambuwal was P.A. To Senator Abdallah Wali.
They contested against each other for the Governorship of Sokoto and Tambuwal won. No betrayal was invoked.

Let the masses determine their preferred candidate between Tinubu and Osinbajo..

It seems like you live in a world of your own.

Both Osinbanjo and tinubu will contest to be the party flag bearer.

No party can bring out 2 candidates for election.
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Zeemam: 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2022
Osinbajo is already a winner
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Opolopoopolonio: 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2022
Thank you my brother

TSG looonatics are just being emotional
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Ttalk: 3:11pm On Apr 13, 2022
Siwel25:

Stop generalising. There are traditional yorubas who appreciate Tinubu for fighting for the Yoruba cause at the center. I met a retired Matron somewhere in Lagos and she has great respect for what Tinubu did in the Lagos State Health sector; She believes in him genuinely and was sure Osinbajo will not challenge him. She told me that Yorubas would have been swept aside if not for Jagaban. I have not seen her this week but I am sure she will be disappointed like many elderly Yoruba men and women.

Truth is, it is very easy to campaign against the present government. An alliance of Jagaban with powerful allies will at least, divide the votes of APC and easily allow PDP to grab power. There is no how APC would win without him cos some of his allies who do not decamp would play the spoiler role inside the APC. Osinbajo on the other hand will not be missed cos the APC can easily find more erudite scholars and Lawyers to replace him.

If you read my comment carefully you will understand my position. Nobody is denying Tinubu record all what we are saying is that he should not play a spoiler role otherwise the respect people have for him would die.

Just imagine Osinbajo contested against Atiku and lose in SW, tell me how Yoruba would take it with Tinubu, he would become a pariah
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Ttalk: 3:18pm On Apr 13, 2022
Siwel25:

I am willing to bet on the PDP taking over if Tinubu pulls out of APC. Those so called Cabals do not have street credibility. Also, men like Senator Abu Ibrahim and Yankassai are genuinely grateful for what he has done for the Northwest. Many Northerners will not take his defection lightly. Ganduje, Ribadu and co have even been more loyal to Jagaban than his Yoruba brothers; They won't work for APC even if they do not defect.

PDP members know it and that is why they are happy about what is happening. They want APC to sideline Jagaban as that would put a long nail in the coffin of APC.

Osinbajo has greater chances to defeat PDP in the general election especially if PDP present northerner as candidate which is likely to be.

Deny this and it would confirm you as a political toddler
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by Ttalk: 3:23pm On Apr 13, 2022
Siwel25:

Is that a threat or what, stop imagining idea Tinubu himself will never conceive
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by aribisala0(m): 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
Siwel25:

Health sector in Lagos? You are joking right?

Does Tinubu use Lagos Hospitals?
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by 1867s: 12:39am On Apr 14, 2022
[s]
thebosstrevor1:
You all say you want democracy then get angry when the vice president declears his ambition to become president as if he doesn't have the constitutional right to contest for an election.

Nigeria is a democracy not a monarchy, why criticize a man for upholding his right.

Like i don't understand, is osibanjo a tinubu boy, or is the man not adult enough to achieve what he wants on his own terms.

Personally osibanjo is a better candidate than tinubu, he is articulate, a progressive, not your typical politician, he is also a man that people respect and admire, not only that he is not SICK. So who in his right senses will want to vote for tinubu on a good day.

The floor is open for anyone to contest an election but tinubu has the upper hand because not only will he bribe the delegates in the party next convention to be the flag bearer, he will also arrange bullion van 2 to bribe voters when the election comes in 2023, his tactics are nothing new but that is the only way he knows how to win elections.
[/s]
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by 1867xvb: 12:41am On Apr 14, 2022
[s]
thebosstrevor1:

Anyway, you brought it out.

The topic is beautiful because it is about the person you support even though each tribe will support their own interest
[/s]
Re: How Is Osibanjo A Traitor? by 1867xvb: 12:41am On Apr 14, 2022
[s]
thebosstrevor1:

How can buhari hand him power.

We are under a civilian system.

Osibanjo will have to get the party support and be the flag bearer of his party to contest for election
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

32-yr-old Idowu Bankole Declares To Run For 2023 Presidency / Wike $100k Donation Tears Imo PDP Apart, As Sam Daddy Men High Jacked The Money / Concerned APC Members Raise Alarm Over Plot By PDP To Use Court To Truncate Pri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.