Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue (1468 Views)

Aftermath Of The Boko Haram Terror In Borno Yesterday (Graphic Pictures) / Pics Of The Boko Haram Members Killed Today & The Foreign Currency Recovered / Troops Capture Gwoza Destroying The Headquarters Of The Boko Haram This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by bilms(m): 6:59pm On Jul 06, 2011
people, If you were to be the president of Nigeria, what will you do to steam this uprising in securing lives and properties.Please be objective

This topic should be a very mature and real leadership idea and a very reasonable solution which shall be free from bias or attributed to tribes or zones sentiments.
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by Odunnu: 7:09pm On Jul 06, 2011
*Subscribing*
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by aljharem3: 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2011
i would resign
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by EuroMeko(m): 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2011
Call out the National Guard (oh snap we don't have one) and have them shoot any identified member on sight and then have the FBI (oh snap we don't have one) set up an Anti Boko Haram unit and start high level criminal investigation.

As the US demonstrates, sometimes you need violence to subdue violence.
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by okosodo: 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2011
I will invite the American, British and Russian army and air force added to their nigerian counterparts with no Notherner being a member.Then the real war will start
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by bilms(m): 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2011
@euro, can you please elaborate your point plz, we may compile these and send recommendation to the FG
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by EuroMeko(m): 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2011
@ Bilms, trust me, the FG knows what they need to do. They won't do it.

We need an Elliot Ness in Nigeria - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliot_Ness
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by ektbear: 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2011
okosodo:

I will invite the American, British and Russian army and air force added to their nigerian counterparts with no Notherner being a member.Then the real war will start

Hehe. Blunt, but probably the best way to handle it. Contract out the work to the Americans and Brits. Nigerian military cannot really be trusted to handle the matter. . . probably infested with Northern Boko Haram sympathizers
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by naijaking1: 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2011
^^^^
That's just wasting time. The Israelis will jump at the opportunity for half the price of American and Brits.
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by egift(m): 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2011
@All simply put you are over whelmed with the task. Because I see no single point that will help Nigeria in all those attack here and there.

If its me that is the Commander In Chief, Nigerian Armed forces (from the corner of Jonathan), I will be over-whelmed too. So the solution is very simple to implement. I will do the following:

- Consult (Nigerians, Statesmen, especially those that will get me in contact with the group).
- I will treat MEND, Boko, MASSOP, OPC - all of them with one standard.
- I will not accept any precondition from them.
- I will rather tell them the goal (end every hostility).
- I will like to hear, not demands, but what needs to be done to improve lives of everyone and not just the group.
- I will make it a standard that if there is dispute, attention will be giving to the issue immediately. If there are offenders that law will run its course.
- I will hold leaders in those communities, LG, states and regions responsible for any bridge of Law and Order in their domain.
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by apoti(m): 10:10pm On Jul 06, 2011
I will call Jack Bauer for help undecided
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by silverstud: 10:51pm On Jul 06, 2011
If i were president,

i will tackle boko haram on several fronts,

1) I will create a special anti-terror unit within the Nigerian police force ( about 5000 to 7000 personnel), properly equiped and trained for about 9months by Israeli, American, and Chinese special forces trainers.

2) Within the police force i will create a special intelligence unit (about 200 to 500 personnel), with proper training in analysis, human asset development (i.e informants), advanced tracking and surveillance technology. You must have a college degree and undergo 18months of training on a special police intelligence facility located in Ebonyi state

3) I will create a Ministry for Religious Affairs, And Also another Ministry for Northern Development ( to help create a framework for the development of Northern Nigeria, as well as a proper doctrine for Religious matters as it affects northern Nigeria.

4) Within the Ministry of Education. I will create a department to handle improving literacy within the Northern region (Women at least 50% to 60% Literacy, Men at least 65% to 70% Literacy)

5) With Co-ordination between the Presidency, Military Command/intelligence, Nigerian Intelligence Agency, and ministry of Foreign affairs, i will draw-up a Plan for infiltration, engagement, operations, security partnership between Nigeria, Chad, Niger, Sudan, Cameroon in other to stamp out militias from all of these countries.

6) Finally i will try to set-up a system where the security threats to Nigeria are reviewed every six months and a frame work to resolve them are discussed, between the security agencies, local, state, and federal goverments,
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by NegroNtns(m): 11:03pm On Jul 06, 2011
Hey hold on,

<Quote> I will treat MEND, Boko, MASSOP, OPC - all of them with one standard.</quote>

Na who said this? Next time I see you include OPC in same categories with terrorists me and you no go see eye to eye o. Which kind nonsense be dis?
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by dayokanu(m): 11:59pm On Jul 06, 2011
The same way I handled MEND, Give them amnesty, Monthly salary, Schorlarships etc.

Whats good for one terror group is good for another.

Failure to do that then Odechukwu should resign cos he isnt fit to rule
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by mensdept: 1:09am On Jul 07, 2011
silverstud:

If i were president,

i will tackle boko haram on several fronts,

1) I will create a special anti-terror unit within the Nigerian police force ( about 5000 to 7000 personnel), properly equiped and trained for about 9months by Israeli, American, and Chinese special forces trainers.

2) Within the police force i will create a special intelligence unit (about 200 to 500 personnel), with proper training in analysis, human asset development (i.e informants), advanced tracking and surveillance technology. You must have a college degree and undergo 18months of training on a special police intelligence facility located in Ebonyi state

3) I will create a Ministry for Religious Affairs, And Also another Ministry for Northern Development ( to help create a framework for the development of Northern Nigeria, as well as a proper doctrine for Religious matters as it affects northern Nigeria.

4) Within the Ministry of Education. I will create a department to handle improving literacy within the Northern region (Women at least 50% to 60% Literacy, Men at least 65% to 70% Literacy)

5) With Co-ordination between the Presidency, Military Command/intelligence, Nigerian Intelligence Agency, and ministry of Foreign affairs, i will draw-up a Plan for infiltration, engagement, operations, security partnership between Nigeria, Chad, Niger, Sudan, Cameroon in other to stamp out militias from all of these countries.

6) Finally i will try to set-up a system where the security threats to Nigeria are reviewed every six months and a frame work to resolve them are discussed, between the security agencies, local, state, and federal goverments,

Creating a Ministry for Religion and Northern Development lol
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by aljharem3: 1:10am On Jul 07, 2011
dayokanu:

The same way I handled MEND, Give them amnesty, Monthly salary, Schorlarships etc.

Whats good for one terror group is good for another.

Failure to do that then Odechukwu should resign cos he isnt fit to rule

gbammmm
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by okosodo: 6:35am On Jul 07, 2011
Don't be blided by the the fact that you are an Arab. There are no other terror groups in Nigeria.
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by ektbear: 6:44am On Jul 07, 2011
naijaking1:

^^^^
That's just wasting time. The Israelis will jump at the opportunity for half the price of American and Brits.

I don't think Americans or Brits would charge much if anything. They seem to enjoy hunting fundamentalist Islamic terrorists grin
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by Pambegua(m): 6:46am On Jul 07, 2011
We should'ntt be naive about BH. No violencan suppresses violen as NIG.POLICE have done that and woefully fall d victim.
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by theodoz: 7:15am On Jul 07, 2011
I will equip the Nigerian Police. Take there welfare seriously in other to motivate them. Spend money on security. Encourage community policing.
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by ow11(m): 7:48am On Jul 07, 2011
STOP STEALING AND FIRE THIEVES FROM MY GOVERNMENT!!
Then,
1. Investigate the genesis of the violence and arrest the politicians that fanned the flame
2. Fix Electricity
3. Revive the Railways
4. Increase budget allocation to the ministry of environment to tackle desert encroachment with the techniques used in Iran
5. Increase Budget allocation to the education ministry
6. Reduce unnecessary government spending including security votes and all the other rubbish
7. Take Law enforcement seriously and insist the NPF is professional enough with a few more SSS spies
8. Encourage the madrassa schools to include regular subjects like Agric Science, Physics, Chemistry and Economics by bringing in teachers from Iran, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. These schools should be monitored and any non-compliant ones be shut down. The students would be taken care of like regular students in the government schools in other parts of the country.
9. Hold a referendum on Sharia law in the Northern states with a yes or no vote.  If Yes, then this law should be applied in line with countries like UAE, Kuwait and Qatar.
10. Resist any foreign help from NATO countries in this process as it would make things difficult
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by olapluto(m): 9:20am On Jul 07, 2011
Desperate times call for desperate measures. I will simply do the following:
1. SACK IGP Ringim and appoint a more competent IG. We lost 8 top police men to GEJ's ineptitude and since then, we have lost our head in policing. However, I am sure there is still a DIG who is capable and well read. I am not talking about DIG Abubakar who was on NTA during the elections and was just showing his incompetence. SACK Ringim and let someone else take over, then some top cops who are Ringim associates will sit up.
2. Declare State of Emergency in states where BH are strong. With this in place, our military can then do a thorough searching and anyone found in possesion of assault weapons or bombs will have to explain how he got them.
3. Speak to Imams and leaders in the North. It is no secret that most Northerners are still bitter about emergence of GEJ. This has increased sympathy for BH. I think GEJ needs to make those indigenes of BH infested states see that they are destroying themselves by not giving up BH members. I wonder how any investments will go to Maiduguri with daily bombings.
4. Our SSS needs to blend with some almajarai. Those almajiri hold key to many sensitive info that can help solve this problem. However this is a problem as it is now evident that some of our brothers from the North are sympathetic to th cause of BH.
5. If all measures fails and the bombings continue for a year, the GEJ should resign and hand over to Sambo. Maybe Sambo can talk and they will listen.
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by russellino: 9:42am On Jul 07, 2011
Very simple. Follow it the way the military would have or more specifically abacha would have.

First - Engage Israeli defense contractors in a PURELY advisory capacity

Second - Infest the flashpoints with covert Intelligence personnel (SSS, DMI, CID)

Third - Declare a state of emergency in borno, bauchi and a few other flashpoints. Flood the areas with military personnel and do a random sweep search of properties

Fourth - Interrogate the hell out of captured commanders to find out how they coordinate funding to buy their rocket propelled grenades and assault rifles

Fifth - Do an audit of military personnel to profile those likely to collaborate with boko haram
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by oyewizzy(m): 9:50am On Jul 07, 2011
I have solution to All Nigerian problem ,but i will not be giving chance to deliver

1. EVERY AGE 0-10 GET N5000 EVERYMONTH
2. EVERY AGE 11-20 GET N10000 EVERYMONTH
3.EVERY AGE 21-30 GET N15,000 EVERYMONTH
4.EVERY AGE 31- 40 GET N20,000 EVERYMONTH
5.EVERY AGE 41 AND ABOVE GET N25,000 EVERY MONTH

Solution to Nigeria problem

6-100 is coming
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by mbulela: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2011
grant them amnesty, monthly pay,scholarship to the best universities in Saudi Arabia and appoint a SA on Boko Haram affairs in addition to a Boko Haram Ministry.
Don't forget having regular tea with the Boko Haram leaders and posing for photo shoots with them.
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by ebere1712: 11:25am On Jul 07, 2011
Since Boko haram likes stealth, beat them to their game. Go undercover. shebi they are still recruiting. Divide them and cause friction in the group. Launch a final deadly blow, and make sure all of them get life with hard labour. Social security programme should be implemented. True fedralism should be implemented, with federal government helping less developemed states. Sack alot of police with huge benefits. Retain a leaner, stricter, and less corrupt police force; with world class training, gadgets and equipments. Liase with our foreign counterparts in cameroon, Niger, and sudan to spot terrorist links to Nigeria. solicit intels from the americans (but be very careful with all their intels). The worst thing that could happen is to negotiate with these people. Hit them and hit them hard. If we have to seperate, let us; instead of this stupidity.
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by maclatunji: 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2011
1. Arrest all corrupt Politicians and prosecute them in Courts with competent Jurisdiction.

2. Carry-out a comprehensive audit of the Nigeria Police that will last not more than a month and thereafter sack all those not fit for the job.

3.Carry-out a thorough recruitment process to recruit 40,000 of Nigeria's brightest graduates not more than 28 years old to replace them with the best training and sophisticated work tools.

4. Select the brightest officer in the Nigerian Military to deal with all militant groups in Nigeria decisively, with a special 5,000 man Naija Elite Troops Division (NETDTM).

5. Talk less and act more.

6. Stop flirting with foreigners on internal security issues

7. Kick-out all illegal aliens in the country.

8. Ensure that 1 million youths are employed in 1 year by using the provisions of the land use act to allocate land, farm implements and seedlings to unemployed youths within each state with a guarantee to buy whatever they can produce.

9. Tell some of Nigeria's "elders" to shut-up or go to jail for their numerous crimes.

10. Invest heavily in sporting infrastructure in order to ensure that in every major global sporting competition, Nigeria is represented and those athletes doing so are thereby employed.

11. Go to Germany and Japan to order for 1 million solar panels and inverter packs. To ensure that at least the middle class in Nigeria's major cities have 24-hours electricity to make use of their computers to earn LEGITIMATE income from the world's largest market- The Internet.

12.Be an all-round nice guy by helping and associating with the widows, orphans and all forms of Juvenile delinquents.

13. By saying what I mean and meaning what I say.
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by bilms(m): 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2011
thanks for contributing to this page, more response pls.its abt stability in our dear country,Nigeria
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by jimmysho(m): 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2011
1. Will smoke them out of their hideout.
2. collect some info about their sponsors and effect a surgical operation coded flush d enemies of Naija.
3. block their finances and weapon shipment.
4. permant occupation of any state where such sect rise again 4 d next 10 years.
am pausing 4 now
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by mbulela: 4:39pm On Jul 07, 2011
maclatunji:

1. Arrest all corrupt Politicians and prosecute them in Courts with competent Jurisdiction.

2. Carry-out a comprehensive audit of the Nigeria Police that will last not more than a month and thereafter sack all those not fit for the job.

3.Carry-out a thorough recruitment process to recruit 40,000 of Nigeria's brightest graduates not more than 28 years old to replace them with the best training and sophisticated work tools.

4. Select the brightest officer in the Nigerian Military to deal with all militant groups in Nigeria decisively, with a special 5,000 man Naija Elite Troops Division (NETDTM).

5. Talk less and act more.

6. Stop flirting with foreigners on internal security issues

7. Kick-out all illegal aliens in the country.

8. Ensure that 1 million youths are employed in 1 year by using the provisions of the land use act to allocate land, farm implements and seedlings to unemployed youths within each state with a guarantee to buy whatever they can produce.

9. Tell some of Nigeria's "elders" to shut-up or go to jail for their numerous crimes.

10. Invest heavily in sporting infrastructure in order to ensure that in every major global sporting competition, Nigeria is represented and those athletes doing so are thereby employed.

11. Go to Germany and Japan to order for 1 million solar panels and inverter packs. To ensure that at least the middle class in Nigeria's major cities have 24-hours electricity to make use of their computers to earn LEGITIMATE income from the world's largest market- The Internet.

12.Be an all-round nice guy by helping and associating with the widows, orphans and all forms of Juvenile delinquents.

13. By saying what I mean and meaning what I say.
You want to pour sand sand in politician's garri?
It wll not work for you.
the status quo must be maintained.we don't want a president like you.
We want FRESH AIR.
Re: If You Are The President,how Will You Handle The Boko Haram Issue by maclatunji: 9:24am On Jul 08, 2011
mbulela:

You want to pour sand sand in politician's garri?
It wll not work for you.
the status quo must be maintained.we don't want a president like you.
We want FRESH AIR.
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islamic Banking: Sanusi Is Breaking The Law! / Enugu State Governor’s Son Nnamdi Chime Set To Wed / Weird Similarities Between US Presidents Abraham Lincoln And John F. Kennedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.