Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre (14669 Views)

FG Begins Renovation Of Dodan Barracks / Gbajabiamila: No Budgetary Provision For The Renovation Chief Of Staff's House / Sanwo Olu And Hamzat Inspecting National Arts Theater. FG Handover Coming? PICS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by BrandSpurNG: 6:53pm On Apr 13, 2022
According to Mr Godwin Emefiele, Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Nigeria’s Bankers’ Committee has so far committed to the ongoing renovation work at the National Arts Theatre Complex (CBN).
“For the avoidance of doubt, this project is costing the bankers’ committee, by last estimates, about $100 million,” Emefiele said on Saturday, shortly after embarking on an inspection tour of work done so far on the facility with Minister of Information Lai Mohammed and other officials. More money will be invested in this project, but it will be a business where the money will be repaid.

“I’m delighted that foreign investors have already expressed an interest.”

“I want to state unequivocally that we have received inquiries from investors in the United States who are interested in not only the National Arts Theatre, but also the creative opportunities that we are developing around here.”

“As a result, I must say that this is very exciting for us at the Bankers’ Committee as well as for the Central Bank of Nigeria.”

He went on to say that President Muhammadu Buhari would lay the groundwork for the four verticals – music, film, information technology, and fashion – on the day of his inauguration.

He thanked the Lagos State Government for its active support of the project and expressed his delight at the progress made thus far.

“I’m getting excited because we’re hoping that by the end of this year, this complex will be hosting some programs and global activities.”

“We’d be talking to arts galleries, and hopefully by this year, we’ll be able to bring the arts exhibition into this complex because we know it’ll be ready by November.”

“So, in November, we can begin to bring this place back to us, and then breathe new life into Nigeria’s tourism sector, particularly in Lagos State,” he said.

Lai Mohammed also praised the Bankers’ Committee for providing funding for the project, as well as the Lagos State Government for creating an enabling environment, particularly in the areas of rail transportation and waterway usage.

“From what we’ve seen, a lot of work has been done here since our last visit in December 2021,” he said.

“We are pleased with the progress we have made.” We are optimistic. We’ve crossed the Rubicon.

“When we return in two months, we will all see that a lot of work has been buried under.”

The minister reassured Nigerians that the renovation project would not be “abandoned.”

Mr. Sunday Dare, Minister of Youth and Sports Development, praised the Lagos State Government and the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria for their unwavering commitment to the National Theatre renovation project.

He praised the CBN Governor for ensuring a steady flow of funds for the project’s execution.

The minister was especially pleased that many jobs would be created for young people in the field of creative entertainment.

“On behalf of the Nigerian Youths, who will be the primary beneficiaries of the renovation project,” he said, “I want to thank the Federal Government and the Bankers’ Committee for initiating the project.”

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2022/04/13/banks-contribute-100-million-to-the-renovation-of-the-national-arts-theatre/

3 Likes

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
Thieves everywhere.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by DoctorOlasDesk: 7:06pm On Apr 13, 2022
Lol. How much to build modern sophisticated one? Mentally bereft people

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by helinues: 7:08pm On Apr 13, 2022
Toh

But in life, it's not good to be like National Arts theatre Horse.. Ko da rara

grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by Goldbw122(m): 7:30pm On Apr 13, 2022
I wish I was part of the project, I would have flexing by now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by deepwater(f): 11:29pm On Apr 13, 2022
Lol
What renovation means to Nigeria is repainting and putting tiles in bathroom.

That entire compound should be sold to shoprite and a mall made out of it.

Theatre is not a 21st century thing for a 3rd world country. It can never generate enough to maintain itself aa a Theatre. 3rd world citizens see no crime in buying pirated movies and listening to cracked version of music obtained from the Internet. They will never be delighted to pay for performing arts or see beauty in watching exhibitions in a gallery.

A thearte at Igamnu!, u must be kidding right?
What concerns toheebu or mukaila with oil-on-canvas or steel mosiac acrylic? Why would baraka be elated at the sight of the fake festac mask on display knowing fully well how much he would make to rob you at costain roundabout Outward abebe village road on your way exiting the art gallery?

History teaches us nothing, take a look at the housing project at iganmu towards apapa. The fear of area boys wouldn't let people occupy those structures. Abeg make I rest, half word is more than enough

55 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by Rastaramsey(m): 11:29pm On Apr 13, 2022
Thats what's up mah niggarr....

Is this another avenue to borrow?

The mumu national theater no even special grin

Dust just full one mumu hall wey i enter that year......

Later on, Buhari go say he wan borrow extra 2 trillion to complete work.....

Stupid government go dey do the wrong thing at the wrong time....

Buhari and his assistant pastor are the wrong thing to ever happen to Nigeria......

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by Chuksaluta(m): 11:30pm On Apr 13, 2022
Over 50bn equivalent for renovation without an idea of its profitability. Bankers community that can't buy diesel for operations is donating this huge sums.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by bukkysam(f): 11:30pm On Apr 13, 2022
Praise the looters

The money has already enter voicemail

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by blazingblender(m): 11:30pm On Apr 13, 2022
Wait we still get reach 100 million dollars ??

3 Likes

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by Trey195(m): 11:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
Misplaced priorities!
Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by NwaNimo1(m): 11:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
Farewell, cash out, embezzlement, fraudulent jamboree, hushpuppi, wayo, theft, goodbye, hijacking, diversion, 2023, Buharism!

[img]https:///media/3-30-2022/GDyBpU.gif[/img]

...it is well.

19 Likes

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by Searchingvictor: 11:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
Nice

1 Like

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by babtoundey(m): 11:31pm On Apr 13, 2022
Money that will still be swallowed by some bloody insects
Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by emmy512: 11:32pm On Apr 13, 2022
Story over a week old. How much to build new and better one

1 Like

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by lecowas: 11:32pm On Apr 13, 2022
Na wa o
Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by Eriokanmi: 11:35pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ok
Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by Drickles: 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
Fr?
Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by MemoriesAndMe: 11:38pm On Apr 13, 2022
$100m to renovate that outdated National Theatre? How much is it to build a new one then? Who still goes to National Theatre when everyone now watches Netflix and Youtube?

6 Likes

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by AlexJustin(m): 11:40pm On Apr 13, 2022
$100m I'm one of the team carrying reconnaissance of site for the road works.
Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by SarkinYarki: 11:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
This is Broad daylight robbery ..60 billion to renovate that thing ?These people are thieves ..they have not fixed a single refinery since they came ..Buhari govt took 1.5 billion dollars from the National treasury to fix PH refinery and till now we have not seen any sign and now with few months to go his CBN boss wants to take 100 million dollars from poor banks to fix National theatre

1 Like

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by BENEAMATA: 11:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
One president nearly sell am .
So na so 1004 go just become personal property .
Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by Ppogbae: 11:46pm On Apr 13, 2022
Why are people shocked? Have you seen the cost of museums and other cultural institutions in the West?

2 Likes

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by Okoroawusa: 11:47pm On Apr 13, 2022
SarkinYarki:
This is Broad daylight robbery ..60 billion to renovate that thing ?
Bia nwokem In'esidi fiofio? Dem say group of people donate money you dey shout robbery on top your lungs. Igabudi ogbenye buru amoosu?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by SarkinYarki: 11:48pm On Apr 13, 2022
Okoroawusa:

Bia nwokem In'esidi fiofio? Dem say group of people donate money you dey shout robbery on top your lungs. Igabudi ogbenye buru amoosu?

Where bank see money to donate from ? They were forced to contribute 100 million dollars ..these are the same banks that don't have money for Deisel oooo

2 Likes

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by Okoroawusa: 11:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Where bank see money to donate from ? They were forced to contribute 100 million dollars ..these are the same banks that don't have money for Deisel oooo
Byeee...I don commot hand for you matter patapata
Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by selfdefence: 12:05am On Apr 14, 2022
Abeg who this theater help abeg? Well what do I know, make I just dey chill with my Oraimo sound pro speaker and better music abeg, I can't come and kill myself.

Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by 1867se: 12:05am On Apr 14, 2022
[s]
helinues:
Toh

But in life, it's not good to be like National Arts theatre Horse.. Ko da rara

grin
[/s]
Re: Banks Contribute $100 Million To The Renovation Of The National Arts Theatre by oluseyiforjesus(m): 12:11am On Apr 14, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Governors May Prevail On Ayu To Resign / Ojukwu's Eldest Son Sues Bianca & Other Family Members / Arch. Darius Dickson Ishaku Of PDP Emerge Governor Elect Of Taraba State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.