Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Insightful Question And Answer About Ukraine And Russia War From Quora - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Insightful Question And Answer About Ukraine And Russia War From Quora (434 Views)

Propaganda Filters The Truth About Ukraine On Russian Media / China And Russia Prepare To Accept Taliban Rule Of Afghanistan(Pics) / WW3 Fears As China And Russia Join Forces For Massive War Games(Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insightful Question And Answer About Ukraine And Russia War From Quora by sunkoye: 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
An insightful answer to a question about Ukraine and Russia war.

This should put rest to Nairalanders war mongers or death dealers that claimed to know world Politics more than the world very Elites, decision makers, Super Power, Great Power, Major Powers and Powers.

If Russia invading Ukraine leads to WW3, would it be NATO vs Russia, China, North Korea, and Iran? Am I missing any countries?

Sorry, but, you are misunderstanding how international politics works in the 21st Century.

There are currently seven nations in the world with large nuclear arsenals: The United States, Russia, China, Great Britain, France, India, and Pakistan. The government of these nations are well aware that they are all capable of destroying an enemy nation with nuclear weapons and are themselves subject to destruction by nuclear weapons.

Because of the threat of nuclear escalation, none of the major world governments are planning, or ever intend to fight, a conventional war on the scale of World War II. They are aware of the risk of accidental conventional or nuclear escalation and, when governed by their professional leadership elites, will do everything in their power to prevent, contain, or constrain any sort of violence between their military forces.

No one is planning a conventional World War III over the conflict in Ukraine. No government is lining up allies for a major conventional war. No government is going to overtly risk the destruction of its nation over a conflict between Ukraine and Russia.

Observing the recent crisis over the past three months, what you see happening is the major powers and their allies doing everything they can avoid escalating or threatening to escalate the fighting in Eastern Europe. Western nations are supporting Ukraine. A few small nations are offering minimal support to Russia. China, India, and Pakistan are staying as far away from this conflict as they can manage, in spite of some token messages of support for either side.

The West has restricted its actions to economic sanctions and such military support to Ukraine as can be conducted without public display. This amounts to transferring field weaponry to Ukraine, financial support, and some very good intelligence based on satellite imagery and signals analysis.

For the time being, this is all the support Ukraine can expect because it is all that the Western nuclear powers dare to risk. If a NATO nation like Poland or Romania is attacked by Russia, there are NATO military responses that will be triggered automatically. The Russian government is pretty clear on what these responses will be and how limited they will be. Decisions on conventional escalation and the moral responsibility for conventional escalation has been placed squarely on the Russian government.

This is called “brinksmanship” and it has been practiced in many political crises around the world dating back to the confrontation in Iran in 1947, the Berlin Airlift in 1948, the Korean War in 1950, and the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962. Everyone knows how it is played and everyone in all the governments involved are aware of the risks involved.

https://www.quora.com/If-Russia-invading-Ukraine-leads-to-WW3-would-it-be-NATO-vs-Russia-China-North-Korea-and-Iran-Am-I-missing-any-countries

Re: Insightful Question And Answer About Ukraine And Russia War From Quora by Anieke77(m): 10:48pm On Apr 13, 2022
All I wanna say is they don't really care about us. So quote ,quote me , quote me,. By
Michael Jackson
Re: Insightful Question And Answer About Ukraine And Russia War From Quora by seunny4lif(m): 10:56pm On Apr 13, 2022
All world powers made noises grin
Reason, I said early before Russia invaded that if Russia should invade then there is nothing NATO can do apart from sanctions and send weapons to Ukraine but many here said USA and NATO will bomb Russia cheesy grin.
Even those Baltic states are scared because they are thinking if USA will risk NY or any USA citizens for Baltic states.

1 Like

Re: Insightful Question And Answer About Ukraine And Russia War From Quora by MrBachelor: 10:56pm On Apr 13, 2022
Quora! A place of intelligent, insightful, and educative answers. Whenever I've been made dumber by reading responses and posts on NL I quickly run to Quora to purge myself of the rubbish and to drink from the fountain of
abundant knowledge domiciled on the site. And every single time I come out refreshed, reformed, and more knowledgeable. smiley

1 Like

Re: Insightful Question And Answer About Ukraine And Russia War From Quora by Dawson126: 11:19pm On Apr 13, 2022
MrBachelor:
Quora! A place of intelligent, insightful, and educative answers. Whenever I've been made dumber by reading responses and posts on NL I quickly run to Quora to purge myself of the rubbish and to drink from the fountain of
abundant knowledge domiciled on the site. And every single time I come out refreshed, reformed, and more knowledgeable. smiley

Sincerely, I prefer to interact on Quora than here. Learned men of same domain and faculty

@OP, this is just simplified logic some folks here don't understand
Re: Insightful Question And Answer About Ukraine And Russia War From Quora by pol23: 11:28pm On Apr 13, 2022
You'd wonder what's going through the mind of Zinolesky (as I love to call the comedian).
Even though I support Russia (maybe out of being fair or hatred for America), I still can't help but feel sad for the great people of Ukraine,Especially when I pictures of displaced women and kids.... It's really sad up there.... I wish I have a power to stop the war,Sadly NATO has found a neutral ground to fight Russia without being affected.
Zelensky and Putin are the most stupid for playing along with NATO,Zelensky is more stupid for toying with Ukrainian lifes..... Well,He's being praised everyday as a hero.
Many Ukrainian seems to belief they're fighting a good fight as well... So,I'd say their country their decision.
Bokoharam and Bandit sef dey Northern Nigeria.
in the east we have Unknown Gunmen.
in the west we have the Fulani herdsmen.
In Lagos we have Police, One-chance,Agbero and police (Ascending Order)

Lastly to those above me downgrading Nairaland and their countrymen because of Quora,I hope when you have some local issues you seek response from Quora..
I have gotten some real help here on nairaland same as quora too....You'd notice professionals majorly answers on Quora.... I've sent email to Nairaland too,Let the comment with highest likes be the first comment....That way those dumb comment will be on 4th page.....
But all the same..no dey downgrade nairaland oo,it has been very helpful to lots of people.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Propaganda Multiplier / Austria, Austrian And Hungary Accepted The Terms Of Payment For Russian Gas / Ukraine-russia Conflict - 30 Years In The Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.