Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,239 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) (592 Views)

180 Russian Soldiers Surrendered To The Wagnerites. / Aiden Aslin Captured By Russians In Mariupol Paraded In Handcuffs / Several US Marines Killed In Kabul Airport Blast, US Official Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by KillerCrocodile: 2:19am On Apr 14, 2022
More than 1,000 Ukraine marines have surrendered in Mariupol, says Russia

Moscow makes claim as leaders of four countries bordering Russia arrive in Kyiv in show of support for Ukraine.

More than 1,000 Ukrainian marines defending the besieged city of Mariupol have surrendered and the port has been captured, Moscow has said, as the presidents of four countries bordering Russia arrived in Kyiv in a show of support for Ukraine.

In one of the most critical battles of the war, Russia’s defence ministry said that on Wednesday 1,026 soldiers from Ukraine’s 36th Marine Brigade, including 162 officers, had “voluntarily laid down their arms” near the city’s Ilyich iron and steelworks.

It later said Mariupol’s “trade sea port” was under full control of Russian forces.

There was no independent confirmation of the claims. Ukraine’s defence ministry said it had no information about the surrender and the Ukrainian military command said only that Russian forces were attacking the Azovstal industrial area and the port.

The Chechen leader, Ramzan Kadyrov, who says his forces are playing a major role in the battle, urged the last Ukrainians holed up in Azovstal to surrender. The 26th Marine Brigade had said on Monday that it was preparing for a final battle in Mariupol.

The city, the main target yet to be brought under Russian control in the eastern Donbas region, has been encircled and largely reduced to rubble during Moscow’s seven-week invasion. The city’s mayor has said 21,000 civilians have died and more than 100,000 remain there awaiting evacuation.

Its capture would be the first fall of a major Ukrainian city and would help Russia secure a land passage between the self-proclaimed republics in Donetsk and Luhansk in Donbas and Crimea, which Moscow occupied and annexed in 2014.

Joe Biden announced $800m in new US military aid to Ukraine on Wednesday. He said this would include artillery, armoured personnel carriers and helicopters. Biden added it would “contain many of the highly effective weapons systems we have already provided and new capabilities tailored to the wider assault we expect Russia to launch in eastern Ukraine”.

The Polish and Baltic presidents headed to the Ukrainian capital by train on Wednesday to show support for the country’s president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, and his embattled troops in what the Polish presidential adviser Jakub Kumoch called “this decisive moment for the country”.

The Polish president, Andrzej Duda, Estonia’s Alar Karis, Gitanas Nausėda of Lithuania and Latvia’s Egils Levits met in the Polish city of Rzeszów near the Ukrainian border. “Heading to Kyiv with a strong message of political support and military assistance,” Nausėda tweeted from the station.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/13/more-than-1000-ukraine-marines-have-surrendered-in-mariupol-says-russia

Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by Visocrate(m): 3:09am On Apr 14, 2022
This may be politically driven
Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by Chuksyno(m): 3:20am On Apr 14, 2022
So these battalion of Ukrainian soldiers surrendered yet Russia have not taken control of Mariupol 100%? My brother fear propaganda!

3 Likes

Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by mariovito(m): 3:48am On Apr 14, 2022
Cat and mouse game.
Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by DoctorOlasDesk: 5:21am On Apr 14, 2022
cowardice. imagine the numbers
Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by KaluwisxPRO: 6:19am On Apr 14, 2022
How many soldiers dey Mariupol if you take 1000 marine and the city is still standing?

Russia and their lying propaganda.
Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by Samken2: 8:24am On Apr 14, 2022
So I thought the say the will die fighting.
Omo what's our peace ETA of Istanbul , I thought talks were ongoing
Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by KillerCrocodile: 12:36pm On Apr 14, 2022
Samken2:

Talks have been put on hold after the War Crimes revelations in Bucha and elsewhere.....

Talks may not happen anytime soon because it seems both sides are preparing for another round of War on the Eastern part of Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by Appleyard(m): 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2022
Chuksyno:
So these battalion of Ukrainian soldiers surrendered yet Russia have not taken control of Mariupol 100%? My brother fear propaganda!

Is not propaganda. Azov is a full regiment and most of them are holed up below the Azovstal steel complex, an underground facility that look like a mini town of its own.

1 Like

Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by Appleyard(m): 2:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
Samken2:

How can you die fighting when you're hungry? They are short of food supply, ammo and many wounded colleagues are among them. They have no option but to surrender.
Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by Appleyard(m): 2:03pm On Apr 14, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:
How many soldiers dey Mariupol if you take 1000 marine and the city is still standing?

There are no soldiers fighting in the main city anymore except for a few pockets which are hiding in buildings and they're being flushed out by Chechen special ops. The ones left are those holed up in the Azovstal steel complex, which is an underground facility.

1 Like

Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by KillerCrocodile: 4:27pm On Apr 14, 2022
Appleyard:

There are no soldiers fighting in the main city anymore except for a few pockets which are hiding in buildings and they're being flushed out by Chechen special ops. The ones left are those holed up in the Azovstal steel complex, which is an underground facility.

And if Evil Putin have is way,

He would pump deadly gas into that underground complex to kill everyone there....
Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by Appleyard(m): 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

And if Evil Putin have is way,

He would pump deadly gas into that underground complex to kill everyone there....

Lmao. If Putin wanted everyone below there dead, they would have done it already with bunker bursting bombs. Just flatten the who place. But I guess they want to catch whomever that is there alive suspecting they would have valuable intel.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by KillerCrocodile: 11:27am On Apr 20, 2022
Appleyard:

Lmao. If Putin wanted everyone below there dead, they would have done it already with bunker bursting bombs. Just flatten the who place. But I guess they want to catch whomever that is there alive suspecting they would have valuable intel.

The guy don start oo....

Like you said...

He has used bunker bursting bombs on the soldiers for their failure to surrender...
Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by DerrickzB: 12:01pm On Apr 20, 2022
[s]
Chuksyno:
[/s]

How many percent is remaining in Mariupol?? And how many soldiers did Ukraine send there Don’t wait for western filtered news bro, seek proper news channel, they are pictures and videos back this on telegram!! Try rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by DerrickzB: 12:02pm On Apr 20, 2022
[s]
KaluwisxPRO:

[/s]

So Mariupol is still under the control of Ukraine?? Or the soldiers didn’t surrender??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1,000 Ukraine Marines Have Surrendered In Mariupol. (pics) by tonididdy(m): 2:46pm On Apr 20, 2022
Oleku... Tell me something wey Putin nor fit do grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Russian May Need A Decade To Recover - CEO Of Russia's Biggest Bank. / Russia Destroys Five Ukrainian Army Command / Congo's War Without End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.