Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce (32352 Views)

Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones / Pastor Becky Enenche Builds 10-bedroom Apartment For Homeless Girls In Abuja / Bishop Oyedepo Cautions Pastor Enenche Over Glory Dome Dedication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Bankeke(m): 6:39pm On Apr 14, 2022
Having going through the bible passage your claims ain't justified because it will end up in adultery. I am not a fan of DV all we needed to do is to call ourself to order and look before you leap that's my principal quotes while we are still in secondary school
9jahotblog:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/13/osinachi-daddy-freeze-disagrees-with-becky-enenche-over-comments-on-divorce/
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2022
Bankeke:
Having going through the bible passage your claims ain't justified because it will end up in adultery. I am not a fan of DV all we needed to do is to call ourself to order and look before you leap that's my principal quotes while we are still in secondary school
God never said divorce is a sin. undecided
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by HoneySwag(f): 6:45pm On Apr 14, 2022
Uprightness100:
Irrespective of how the world changes, The WORD of GOD will not Change because of a Changing World.

Being a Christian, Gospel musician, Pastor, Prayer machine, Bishop or whatever does not Exempt you from Disater if you go outside GOD'S will or GOD'S plan. Once you choose your own way, it does not Matter who you are, you will face the Consequences.

These are the Facts of Marriage from the Word of GOD.

GOD'S Standard of marriage is One man one wife.

GOD Hates Divorce. If you happen to come to a point where you say your spouse has done this or that and you cannot Forgive or you are going, you must understand that remarrying Under any guise is fornication and Adultery.

Only Death Permits one to remarry. Any other remarry is Immorality, Fornication and Adultery.

GOD is the Institutor of Marriage. Conciously involve GOD in your Choice of Partner. If you are Honest with GOD, HE will Direct u. GOD speaks! GOD leads! GOD directs.
If your don't hear GOD, better not to marry.

What are you even saying? Is marriage now a do or die affair? If it's not working divorce the person and have your peace.
Most people marry wrongly, the mistake has been made. Make corrections by walking out of the marriage. Stop twisting the word of God in the way that suits you
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Kobojunkie: 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
HoneySwag:

What are you even saying? Is marriage now a do or die affair? If it's not working divorce the person and have your peace.
Most people marry wrongly, the mistake has been made. Make corrections by walking out of the marriage. Stop twisting the word of God in the way that suits you
Most people marry wrongly ke? undecided

Divorce is not a sin so yes it is better to get out of hell than cling to what is hell for no reason. undecided
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by desiredhome: 7:12pm On Apr 14, 2022
Uprightness100:
Irrespective of how the world changes, The WORD of GOD will not Change because of a Changing World.

Being a Christian, Gospel musician, Pastor, Prayer machine, Bishop or whatever does not Exempt you from Disater if you go outside GOD'S will or GOD'S plan. Once you choose your own way, it does not Matter who you are, you will face the Consequences.

GOD Hates Divorce. If you happen to come to a point where you say your spouse has done this or that and you cannot Forgive or you are going, you must understand that remarrying Under anyguise is fornication and Adultery.

Only Death Permits one to remarry. Any other remarry is Immorality, Fornication and Adultery.

GOD is the Institutor of Marriage. Conciously involve GOD in your Choice of Partner. If you are Honest with GOD, HE will Direct u. GOD speaks! GOD leads! GOD directs.

God is not an author of confusion.......this is the reason this woman died and people are blaming her, no body is talking about the evil church doctrine, especially all those one man church......
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by desiredhome: 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2022
usamali:
I'll never listen to a divorced man
Ignorant people everywhere......it's people with these mentality that made this woman died.....
Pr
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Segzy19: 7:45pm On Apr 14, 2022
Is it not better for the individual to re-marry after a divorce than battle with sexual lust, fornication and other sexual vices because he or she can't re-marry? Yet he/ she can't return to the busing spouse for safety reasons
Kobojunkie:
It isn't divorce itself that is listed as sin by Jesus Christ but instead remarriage after divorce. undecided

▪︎ Matthew 5 vs 31 - 32
▪︎ Matthew 19 vs 7 - 9
▪︎ Mark 10 vs 6 - 12
▪︎ Luke 16 vs 18

Divorce in and of itself is not a sin. lipsrsealed
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2022
Segzy19:
Is it not better for the individual to re-marry after a divorce than battle with sexual lust, fornication and other sexual vices because he or she can't re-marry? Yet he/ she can't return to the busing spouse for safety reasons
I don't know if you realize that what you are invariably asking me is if it is better to commit sin of adultery(remarriage) in order to avoid commiting sin of adultery(sexual lust)?, undecided
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by YourFavEvangeli: 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
As Jesus Christ said, any divorced man or woman who goes to remarry potentially sins against God. And so It's up to the woman in question, really. undecided

Sin is not meant to be an eternal unremovable stain like we like to pretend it to be, so just the same way a liar confesses and moves on after telling a lie, an adulterer is also expected to after committing adultery. undecided

On one part, I'll like to argue that for the woman to go ahead and remarry while expecting to be forgiven is an abuse of grace. But then, should I condemn her to a lifetime of loneliness when her ex has long time moved on?

I also realised that a man who refused to forgive his wife's infidelity can be argued to have an unforgiving spirit especially where the woman pleads for mercy and promises to stop the act.

And hence 1Chor 7 vs 15 may apply grin grin grin
1 Corinthians 7:15 (KJV) But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

In this case we're back to the argument that divorce shouldn't happen in the first place if both parties have a forgiving spirit.
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Kobojunkie: 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
YourFavEvangeli:
1. On one part, I'll like to argue that for the woman to go ahead and remarry while expecting to be forgiven is an abuse of grace. But then, should I condemn her to a lifetime of loneliness when her ex has long time moved on?

2. I also realised that a man who refused to forgive his wife's infidelity can be argued to have an unforgiving spirit especially where the woman pleads for mercy and promises to stop the act.

3. And hence 1Chor 7 vs 15 may apply grin grin grin
1 Corinthians 7:15 (KJV) But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

4. In this case we're back to the argument that divorce shouldn't happen in the first place if both parties have a forgiving spirit.
1. Her relationship with God is between her and God.... has absolutely nothing to do with the one she divorced or who divorced her. So, if she chooses to remarry, asks God for forgive her, and God does so, who can hold anything against her?, undecided

2. The reason we are to forgive, when others do not plead for mercy is not for their sake but for our own sake. God said He will only forgive is our sin if we forgive others their sins against us. So a man who refuses to forgive his wife's infidelity only handicaps his own self where God is concerned. undecided

3. Regardless of what I written there in Corinthians, Jesus Christ did not say divorce is sin. So if two believers believe for instance it is better to divorce each other so as to live as Eunuchs for God,nothing wrong with that. undecided

4. I disagree! Divorce can take place even in a case where individuals who have no issues with forgiveness are involved. Divorce doesn't just take place when there are irreconcilable differences. It also can happen when partners no longer have affection for each other and would rather pursue different interests. A believer married to an unbeliever may decide to abandon marriage altogether to live instead as a Eunuch, and the unbelieving spouse may agree to the divorce. undecided

Also, in the case of sexual sin, forgiving a spouse's infidelity does not necessarily mean one has to continue to deal with said spouse, particularly when aware that the spouse in question is still cheating. Rather forgiveness simply means choosing to let go of all hard feelings and moving on from the hurt, and if need be, away from the toxic element . undecided

Forgiveness does not stipulate one carry on with a toxic relationship. It instead means one foregoes all desire for retaliation and vengeance, to allow God have His way instead.. undecided
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Segzy19: 8:08pm On Apr 14, 2022
That's your interpretation. Your opinion is yours but it's not sacred or sacrosanct. Sorry, I won't agree with you on this.

Regards

Kobojunkie:
I don't know if you realize that what you are invariably asking me is if it is better to commit sin of adultery(remarriage) in order to avoid commiting sin of adultery(sexual lust), right?, undecided

Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Apr 14, 2022
Segzy19:
That's your interpretation. Your opinion is yours but it's not sacred or sacrosanct. Sorry, I won't agree with you on this. Regards
Interpretation? undecided

Remarriage in the absence of sexual is adultery, and sexual sin is also adultery. This is what Jesus Christ teaches us ...this is His Gospel and Truth. undecided

So, to form of adultery in other to avoid another form of the same sin of adultery is adultery....that is the Truth of God according to Jesus Christ as written right there in scripture. undecided
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by dalass(f): 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Divorce is not a sin though. undecided

It is, depending on what basis it was done.

Jesus said in Matt 5:31-32:

31: It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

So frivolous divorcement for silly reasons makes the two that are seen as "one" before God breaks up to do what? Sleep with many others into many "onenesess" He calls adultery
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Apr 14, 2022
dalass:
It is, depending on what basis it was done.
Jesus said in Matt 5:31-32:
31: It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

So frivolous divorcement for silly reasons makes the two that are seen as "one" before God breaks up to do what? Sleep with many others into many "onenesess" He calls adultery
If you carefully examine those verses, you will find that is that instead of divorce, what is potentially listed as sin is remarriage. undecided

Divorce, for any reason, isn't sin. It can cause the one whom you divorced to sin, this if that one goes on to remarry. undecided
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Aaay: 9:14pm On Apr 14, 2022
Really
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by DreamSonInlaw(m): 9:53pm On Apr 14, 2022
I stick with what the Bible says: the Bible frowns against divorce.

In an ever changing world, the Bible doesn't adapt to the times..but the times to the Bible.

Any man who beats his wife, its an act of crime & the authority should be involved & shame to such a man.

And importantly, look well well who you dey marry..marry for the right reasons
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Kobojunkie: 9:54pm On Apr 14, 2022
DreamSonInlaw:
1. I stick with what the Bible says: the Bible frowns against divorce.

2. In an ever changing world, the Bible doesn't adapt to the times..but the times to the Bible. Any man who beats his wife, its an act of crime & the authority should be involved & shame to such a man.And importantly, look well well who you dey marry..marry for the right reasons
Where exactly does God, or Jesus Christ, tell you that divorce is sin? undecided

2. Indeed! undecided
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by TruthinAction: 10:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Divorce is not a sin and isn't meant as protection for the woman, not according to Jesus Christ. undecided

It is implied. Under the Law of Moses, a husband can put away his wife just by a letter of divorce. There is no provision for a wife to put away her husband. But our Lord Jesus said such law should only be applied when she is caught in the act of adultery. So, our Lord Jesus is protecting the women from being put away by the husband for any cause.
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Apr 14, 2022
TruthinAction:
It is implied. Under the Law of Moses, a husband can put away his wife just by a letter of divorce. There is no provision for a wife to put away her husband. But our Lord Jesus said such law should only be applied when she is caught in the act of adultery. So, our Lord Jesus is protecting the women from being put away by the husband for any cause.
I have to disagree this since Jesus Christ never did teach divorce as sin. Instead, Jesus Christ made remarriage, under nonexcluded, conditions sin. undecided
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Psoul(m): 10:10pm On Apr 14, 2022
Divorce is not an option. Yes she was right. She was speaking to true Christians and those words are meant for true believers.
A true Christians will not subject his/her partner to a condition that will warrant him/her to start thinking of getting divorced.

True Christians that believed in Christ will always find a way to sort out their marital issued out instead of thinking of divorce. They will not fight or beat each other.

Freeze, you said that what Enenche's wife said concerning children from divorced homes is wrong while you believed what was written by an American Psychologist. That's your choice. You can't discredit any of those two schools of thought without telling us on what basis you did that.
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Kobojunkie: 10:51pm On Apr 14, 2022
Psoul:
1. Divorce is now an option. Yes she was right. She was speaking to true Christians and those words are meant for true believers.
2. A true Christians will not subject his/her partner to a condition that will warrant him/her start thinking of getting divorced. True Christians that believed in Christ will always find a way to sort out their marital issued working thinking of divorce. They will not fight or barn each other.

3. Freeze, you said that what Enenche's wife concerning children from divorced homes is wrong while you believed what was written by an American Psychologist. That's your choice. You can't discredit any of those two schools of thought without telling us on what basis you did that.
1. She is wrong! Divorce is NOT a sin, and God never said it was. undecided

2. A true Christians is supposed to be one who obeys God, and since neither God nor Jesus Christ proclaimed divorce a sin, those who do are antiChrist aka not of Jesus Christ. undecided

That story about a true Christians is according to the script fed you by your pastors and mogs who lie to decieve you into believing divorce is sin against God. undecided

3. But what Freeze said is correct about children from divorced homes. They are so many times better off than children raised in toxic marriages. I and my 5 siblings happen to be examples to attest to this. undecided
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by YourFavEvangeli: 12:19am On Apr 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Her relationship with God is between her and God.... has absolutely nothing to do with the one she divorced or who divorced her. So, if she chooses to remarry, asks God for forgive her, and God does so, who can hold anything against her?, undecided

2. The reason we are to forgive, when others do not plead for mercy is not for their sake but for our own sake. God said He will only forgive is our sin if we forgive others their sins against us. So a man who refuses to forgive his wife's infidelity only handicaps his own self where God is concerned. undecided

3. Regardless of what I written there in Corinthians, Jesus Christ did not say divorce is sin. So if two believers believe for instance it is better to divorce each other so as to live as Eunuchs for God,nothing wrong with that. undecided

4. I disagree! Divorce can take place even in a case where individuals who have no issues with forgiveness are involved. Divorce doesn't just take place when there are irreconcilable differences. It also can happen when partners no longer have affection for each other and would rather pursue different interests. A believer for example married to an unbeliever may chose to abandon marriage entirely to live instead as a Eunuchs, and the other spouse might agree to it. undecided

Also, in the case of sexual sin, forgiving a spouse's infidelity does not necessarily mean one has to continue to deal with said spouse particular when well aware that the other spouse is maybe a serial cheater not ready to give up on said sin. undecided

Forgiveness does not stipulate one carry on in a detrimental situation. It instead means one foresees all desire for retaliation and vengeance, to allow God have His way instead.. undecided

@no 4, but such a person shouldn't remarry
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Kobojunkie: 12:34am On Apr 15, 2022
YourFavEvangeli:

@no 4, but such a person shouldn't remarry
If you are not referring to the instance that indicated cheating, then yes! undecided

1 Like

Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Miracle2022: 7:11am On Apr 15, 2022
quentin06:

Fact:
1 Marriage is not for everyone.

2 Marriage is not perfect.

3 Divorce becomes necessary when the marriage is no longer working.

Only idiots stay in a marriage that is doomed to fail.

Ask pastor Chris okoties and oyahkilome.

Variety is the spice of life, you can't eat rice everyday of your life.

One partner not enough, must diversify as fatoyinbo.
those two people you mention above are not pastors.
Marriage is forever!

1 Like

Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by kabillionaire(m): 8:35am On Apr 15, 2022
When someone says the truth, does it become clout chasing?

For one, he doesn't need to chase clout, cos at the moment, he is more popular that you and I put together.
IgweBUIKE1:
Time for freeze to confuse himself with big grammar and Bible passage to support his clout chasing
Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by TruthinAction: 8:57am On Apr 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I have to disagree this since Jesus Christ never did teach divorce as sin. Instead, Jesus Christ made remarriage, under nonexcluded, conditions sin. undecided

He did. Read what he said;

Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, SAVING FOR THE CAUSE OF FORNICATION, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

What is sin? Sin is simply transgression of instructions. So, when you act contrary to the instruction of our Lord Jesus concerning divorce, you have sinned.

This is why Apostle Paul also wrote:

1st Corinthians 7:10-11
10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:

11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

1 Like

Re: Osinachi: Daddy Freeze Disagrees With Becky Enenche Over Comments On Divorce by Scientheosopher(m): 9:03am On Apr 15, 2022
Uprightness100:

GOD Hates Divorce. If you happen to come to a point where you say your spouse has done this or that and you cannot Forgive or you are going, you must understand that remarrying Under anyguise is fornication and Adultery.

The disaster might be within God's plan! Think Job. Think Samson.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How I Predicted Xenophobic South Africa — T.B Joshua / Why Keyamo, Stephanie Otobo Are After Me — Apostle Suleiman / Ghana Church Holds Chelsea Thanksgiving Service (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.