Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) (26688 Views)

Dear Interviewee, Tell Me About Yourself. / Check Out The Response To A Question An Interviewee Said During An Interview / The Question An Interviewee Asked Her Interviwer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by house10s2: 1:19pm On Apr 14, 2022
AntiChristian:
Employers are not God!

Wetin you collect CV for?
oh really, soo u just enter sit-down no need to ask u question because cv dey their hand shey
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Slickbishop(m): 1:19pm On Apr 14, 2022
Well,this is same qst many ladies ask random guys in social media even when they see everything about them.i hate it when u ask me such qst except during an Interview,besides,it is a normal qst been asked during interview even when they have your CV,they want u to summarize and tell them something that may not be on your cv
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Boscolo: 1:20pm On Apr 14, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

He was absolutely correct. What is the essence of CV? Why asked stupid question again when you've already asked of his CV.

But the guy na werey ogrin It seems he wasn't interested at all in the job or the story is fake.

No, he was wrong and he is real "werey" as you have said. Most times when such question is asked, the interviewer may want to
1) Verify the CV to the person(or maybe the person just did copy and paste or claim what he is not).
2) if the person can construct a simple sentence and how well they speak . Not just the CV a lot is involved .
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Blakpot: 1:21pm On Apr 14, 2022
The guy don tire for the recruitment process
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:24pm On Apr 14, 2022
pyyxxaro:
The job seeker never hungry yet

Happy birthday to him
You mean interviewers are looking for hungry people.
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by diplomat058(m): 1:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
[quote author=MadamVanessa post=111938723] shocked

He was absolutely correct. What is the essence of CV? Why asked stupid question again when you've already asked if you his CV.

But the guy na werey ogrin It seems he wasn't interested at all in the job or the story is fake]/b

"Tell me about yourself" (oral presentation of oneself) is not the same as "Give me a printed information about you" (CV).

Given how you reason, your unintelligent rants on Nairaland shouldn't be surprising
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by greatseed: 1:27pm On Apr 14, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

He was absolutely correct. What is the essence of CV? Why asked stupid question again when you've already asked of his CV.

But the guy na werey ogrin It seems he wasn't interested at all in the job or the story is fake.
The CV could have been constructed by anyone. Of course the interviewers will want to check your interaction & disposition level.

You can as well say there shouldn't be presidential or gubernatorial debates in all countries & places just because their CV says it all.

Nah its not done. You must express yourself. Why will there be an interview in the first instance if only a CV could get you a job ?
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Sebgajere(m): 1:28pm On Apr 14, 2022
Right but rude
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by engratule(m): 1:33pm On Apr 14, 2022
The interviewer is also wrong by asking d question when he has d CV.
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by aklion: 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2022
The interviewer do well. If you can't express yourself then wetin you come find Job for... Na the CV go do the job or you in person.
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by blackboy(m): 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2022
Typical Nigerian reply. Im sure na Nigerian be the applicant. Always full of themsleves or cockey, or over sabi . Smart Alek or looking for trouble set of people.

Next time interview hit back with so tell me more in detail or what the CV might have left out .

Frustration is real. Might think your a time waster like many other interviews

1 Like

Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by DKM123: 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2022
No he isn't wrong.

Sometimes there are details about yourself that you can reveal while you speak that isn't on the CV.

Since the prospective employee cannot speak, he might as well go home. It's that simple, really..
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by softworldsystem(m): 1:52pm On Apr 14, 2022
So he can't tell answers to the questions or repeat what he has written down or what
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by hope4nigeria(m): 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

bro this thing no be fake oh, nigeria HR na useless, I like the guy
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by ibnew: 2:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
siofra:
grin
Are you guys serious. That the interviewer is not suppose to ask some kind of questions and the question is dump.
The interviewers use different strategies during interviews depending on their mission or what they want to achieve. I have conducted interviews and have attended interviews both virtual and physical. I ask that question too. The reason is most times the CV is a well planned and written document. When you now ask the guy a question about himself in the spur of the moment, you get a different version. If everything there is true the owner will run through it effortlessly but if it is garnished, during his talk you will pick loopholes easily that will prompt you to ask other questions.
Another thing is you went for an interview looking for job meaning you are ready to be under someone's supervision why don't you just answer the questions first. It is not an insulting or derogatory question.
Sometimes dump question are deliberately asked to see your composure and how you will react in situations when you boxed up. This normally happen when there are so many qualified candidates and they must pick few among the lot.
One the best job i ever did years back was after one of dumbest interview I have ever had. It was with a multinational into IT equipment installation. I just kept my cool. They have rounded their business and are off now. We were told right from the beginning that's the plan anyways.
My advice will be just calm down. You applied for a job.
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by toujurs: 2:24pm On Apr 14, 2022
Wahala, the interviewer did nothing wrong, the job seeker, was never interested in the job. He came to catch cruise
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by ndukwejoe(m): 2:33pm On Apr 14, 2022
he was right the interviewer was right to show him the door
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by DrMuzungu(m): 2:45pm On Apr 14, 2022
There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers.
The purpose of such questions is to reveal if the candidate lied on the CV or Resume and to give him or her the opportunity to add more details about past roles. On top of that, the candidate could answer politely instead of being "know it all".
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by brosdoncome(m): 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2022
I doubt if nairaland can survive without Twitter.....almost everything copy and paste from there. Na wa sha!
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by BalogunIdowu(m): 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2022
Bluntguy:
Sometimes interviewees are more knowledgeable than their interviewers. You collected his CV and still be asking him CV questions.
But the guy na oversabi kill am. One of the 48 laws of power says that you should never try to outshine the master even when he appears less knowledgeable than you. That is why he is the master. What do I know sef.

I like your backing to your answer. Infact the 1st of the 48 laws!
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Vitally123: 2:56pm On Apr 14, 2022
Yes, the interviewee's answer was both wrong and rude! Part of the essence of any interview is for the job seeker to show his communication skills in addition to competence, interpersonal relationship skills, among others. A lot of job seekers copy what they see on the internet CV without knowing how to present them during an interview. So, it would have been a good time for the interviewee to have displayed how good he was but he failed. Although, none of us knew how simple or civil the interviewer was and how she presented the question. Many employers think that giving someone a job is "Heaven has come down", forgetting that it's a mutual relationship: "Your job vs the employer's services, not just a favor", forgetting that no condition is permanent as the job holder today can become jobless tomorrow. Time changes everything.
Let love rule in all things please, let's not frustrate the helpless, the more! Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by JayPeeOham: 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2022
siofra:
grin

Siofra abeg tell Adanne to getat!

You too follow her tongue grin
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by abbey621(m): 3:10pm On Apr 14, 2022
People don't understand that most interviews are not only about your technical skills but behavioral as well. They want to know how you communicate, how you respond to stress, annoyances and so on. In fact in the USA, most interviews are 70-80% behavioral, even the technical questions you are expected to incorporate some behavioral and emotioanal aspects in answering.

Imagine interviewing a systems programmer/administrator with a short temper, if care is not taken one day he go just implement zero day or ransomware on your most valuable assets grin grin grin grin
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Image123(m): 3:20pm On Apr 14, 2022
Wrong answer. Your responses are expected to tally with your resume and give more light. Your CV or resume is just an highlight/summary that brings you before the interviewer. You get the job at the interview.
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Cleanworld(f): 3:21pm On Apr 14, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

He was absolutely correct. What is the essence of the CV? Why asked stupid question again when you've already asked of his CV which he submitted prior the interview day. I thought she might have went through the guy's cv before the invitation for the interview was sent to him.

SO HOW DO YOU DEFEND YOUR CV ''I MEAN THE COPY AND PASTE TYPE''? WHAT IS ORAL INTERVIEW FOR? NA WA OOO
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Originalsly: 3:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

He was absolutely correct. What is the essence of the CV? Why asked stupid question again when you've already asked of his CV which he submitted prior the interview day. I thought she might have went through the guy's cv before the invitation for the interview was sent to him.

Think about this ... the interviewer has seen many who presented glorious CV's ... (prepared by a pro) but can't represent what was written. He may have good reasons to suspect that this applicant is one such person... who may not even know what is written in the CV .... so is asking him to tell about himself and professional experience which should match what is in the CV. I strongly believe he has no clue... the reason for that response.
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by whirlwind7(m): 3:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

The interviewer merely wants to check out the way he expresses himself, his composure.
Every CV has the information of the applicant, yet in every interview, they ask the applicant to introduce himself.
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by CaptainFM1: 4:51pm On Apr 14, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

He is absolutely wrong. That question may have been posed to determine his character and attitude as well which the CV will not tell you. Atleast 5 out 10 employer would most likely ask such important question.
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
house10s2:
soo u can't talk about ur self, the job seeker is very stupid

Hello good evening
Pls how where you able to apply that yellow color on your signature?
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Semaj77(m): 5:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
Chatflick:
He was right in a way though. But he should have swallowed his pride.

He isn't right in any way and he was very unprofessional
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Semaj77(m): 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2022
ImoleNaija:
So funny grin

Some interviewers can be stupid though. The sensible ones engage you in professional dialogues. They would even boost your confidence unlike those who just turn you to a radio.

In this case the interviewer isn't wrong or stupid , it is a valid question. Some ask these questions to know how you achieved what you put in your CV
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Bloggz74(m): 5:33pm On Apr 14, 2022
The interviewer is very right and the job seeker wrong.

A CV I meant to be a guide to the discussion during an interview while the job seeker is expected to defend what he has written.

Most CVs are crafted by people fir these job seekers so it's important the interviewer listen to you one on one and learn more about your speaking and other abilities that could be picked from the conversation.

MadamVanessa:
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs / FRSC Commences Screening To Select New Recruits / N-power Build Portal Will Be Open For New Applications Between November 5th - 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.