Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) (26687 Views)

Dear Interviewee, Tell Me About Yourself. / Check Out The Response To A Question An Interviewee Said During An Interview / The Question An Interviewee Asked Her Interviwer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Emmyreal4(m): 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2022
Them no dey ask cultists about themselves
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by jamesharryson(m): 12:54pm On Apr 14, 2022
siofra:
grin
Do u know some people copy other people's work experience? Some of these questions are to verify what is in the books.

A lady of 26 years came to seek for employment in my office, her CV read 14 years experience, but when I asked her how long she has been working, she said it's 2 years. So who had the CV in my hand?

1 Like

Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by harmargedon: 12:55pm On Apr 14, 2022
richeeyo:
So imagine police collect ur license
He now ask tell me about ur license
Honestly you just feel bored instantly
they should have records of past offenders and criminals. So since he's non of the above, let him bounce.

1 Like

Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Angy55(f): 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2022
jamesharryson:

Do u know some people copy other people's work experience? Some of these questions are to verify what is in the books.

A lady of 26 years came to seek for employment in my office, her CV read 14 years experience, but when I asked her how long she has been working, she said it's 2 years. So who had the CV in my hand?

She didn't even bother to Edit. Lolz
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by marsup: 12:56pm On Apr 14, 2022
Writing about yourself is different from verbally telling me about yourself. What if someone wrote the CV for you...
I, as an interviewer, need to know that you can express yourself, verbally and otherwise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by otipoju(m): 12:57pm On Apr 14, 2022
Tell me about yourself is a standard interview question. Its an icebreaker and a way to know more about your personality and qualifications and achievements . Your resume is just a guide. If you cannot articulate who you are in an interview, you have no business being there in the first place

2 Likes

Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by GloriousGbola: 12:57pm On Apr 14, 2022
If it is true the fellow is a fool. And the employer dodged a major bullet.

If you can't even form during interview lipsrsealed
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Vicmareal: 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2022
1. Test of patience.
2. Interpersonal skill.
The interviewee failed woefully. I like the responder who mentioned one of the principles in "48 laws of power":
*Never outshine the master*
The question is a standard one. It was intended to enable the interviewee make a good impression of himself inspite of the CV (which perhaps wasn't his anyway)

This life!

1 Like

Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by richard870(m): 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2022
Apparently, he was not impressed
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Fiscus105(m): 12:59pm On Apr 14, 2022
siofra:
grin

Tooo arrogant, not good enough for that job, he will definitely turn to ur boss in no distance time wen giving slimmest opportunity.
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Eriokanmi: 12:59pm On Apr 14, 2022
Maybe he/she just wanted to attend the interview to catch cruise. He may have gotten a much better one in his hand. Looking at the interview panel, the candidate might think they were too low for his/her position or caliber.
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by socialmediaman: 1:00pm On Apr 14, 2022
Bluntguy:
Sometimes interviewees are more knowledgeable than their interviewers. You collected his CV and still be asking him CV questions.
But the guy na oversabi kill am. One of the 48 laws of power says that you should never try to outshine the master even when he appears less knowledgeable than you. That is why he is the master. What do I know sef.

It’s a basic test of verbal communication skills. Let’s hear you talk about the things you wrote down here

4 Likes

Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by PassingShot(m): 1:00pm On Apr 14, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

He was absolutely correct. What is the essence of CV? Why asked stupid question again when you've already asked of his CV.

But the guy na werey ogrin It seems he wasn't interested at all in the job or the story is fake.
Such candidate is unserious. Having a great CV does not mean you can deliver its contents to the satisfaction of interviewers.

Only proud people answer such way.

1 Like

Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Shadysen: 1:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
Good vibes guy. No time for nonsense, Nigerians are too good in ask silly questions, someone see u with bucket of water heading toward bathroom then asking you,bros, you want to bath, dumb question.
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by westvic(m): 1:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
His response was cool,cus.. everything she need is there to check.
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by phemmyfour: 1:05pm On Apr 14, 2022
siofra:
grin
Yes, he's wrong

Your CV is a summary. The interviewer wanted more, details and probably some experiences not included in the CV in order not to make the CV cumbersome
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Help2020: 1:05pm On Apr 14, 2022
house10s2:
soo u can't talk about ur self, in my opinion the job seeker is very stupid
Stop speaking for the sensible people.
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
aikyg:
No! She is not even supposed to ask that question, since she is just a RECRUITER and should only be interested in grooming qualified candidates for the role she is recruiting for. That question is actually for the HIRING MANAGER. If she feels the candidate's answer was not good enough, she should have explained to him why it's important for him to answer the question and how to answer the question when a hiring manager asks him the question. She is a very poor recruiter.

Typical naija recruiter
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Pidginboss: 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
One time like that, we dey screening for one security job" serve trust" after dem collect our statement of result them come dey ask us wetin we get for some subject. Dem come asks this guy say wetin e get for physics my guy just dey look like say e never hear about that subject before. Dem return the result say no be e own. So if person wey dey look your CV ask you to tell them about you self! Omo na opportunity to talk positive things wey CV no fit carry .

1 Like

Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Emma1Oj(m): 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
Bluntguy:
Sometimes interviewees are more knowledgeable than their interviewers. You collected his CV and still be asking him CV questions.
But the guy na oversabi kill am. One of the 48 laws of power says that you should never try to outshine the master even when he appears less knowledgeable than you. That is why he is the master. What do I know sef.
what some applicant do in their CV is copy and paste. I don't c anything wrong if an interviewer asked you same questions on your CV already with dem, dey jus want to be sure if truly the person knows and have experience on what it on his cv
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by AZControversial(m): 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
smiley
Was partly right....
From another angle, one can't tell if the interviewee in question actually constructed the CV him/ herself.

'We suppose test if na original we dey buy'....
Dat kain tin cool
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Awoleesu(m): 1:07pm On Apr 14, 2022
harmargedon:
why should he, did he come there to talk about his past life. Just ask the dude the needful and let him bounce.
I'm afraid you're wrong!
All over the world, HR tests for both cognitive and psychometric skills (how long one could maintain and flow in a meaningful conversation)

What's written in the CV may have been 'doctored', but what interviewee says would corroborate the data on his CV and also show his oratorical skills.
We do not even know if such skills as effective communication and presentation skills are key requirements for the role he's prospecting for...

1 Like

Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Wizpa(m): 1:07pm On Apr 14, 2022
The guy is very wrong undecided

Just the way you have written and oral examinations, the interview is an oral one, so he should be able to express himself as some company roles (Marketing, PR, Customer care) depends solely on self-expression.

His CV might be dubbed. grin

He lacks confidence, courage and self-expression and chose the easier route. angry

What a waste of opportunity. lipsrsealed
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Segzy19: 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2022
The applicant is stupid, ignorant and foolish!

Can he or she go to the embassy to make such stupid response? They ask the same question at the embassy or visa application centers.

Reason is to make sure that the verbal answers aligns with what is on the CV or application form.

What if the CV is not his own?

This our generation can be so arrogantly stupid at times...

By the way the applicant is one seeking job. Let him/her repeat that same response at every interview and see whether he/she will ever get a job.

What nonsense!
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by calberian: 1:14pm On Apr 14, 2022
Sometimes, there are errors in such documents and instead of wasting time in correcting them or even refusing to call the candidate up for an interview, it pays to give the candidate the benefit of the doubt via a chance to sort things out themselves. In this context, I’d say it’s a valid question.

Another thing is, maybe the job requires a certain level of comportment and humility and the interviewer decided to ask a question that should mildly rile the interviewer up just to see his/her reaction.
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by PHIPEX(m): 1:16pm On Apr 14, 2022
Why then did he/she come for the interview?

Why is it even called an interview if he/she is not ready to answer question, it should have been a CV reading session.

1 Like

Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by lorenzos1: 1:16pm On Apr 14, 2022
Sometimes when an interviewer asks you this question, it is usually to break the ice and make you more comfortable. They want to start the conversation with a question that is very easy for you. They already see everything on your CV. But they want to hear you talk.

1 Like

Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Segzy19: 1:16pm On Apr 14, 2022
He was absolutely wrong for your information.
Let him go do that nonsense at the embassy.

They ask such questions just to see if what you say aligns with what is on the CV? What if he is not the owner of the CV? What if what's on the CV are lies? He should be able to defend the CV verbally?

Many have been caught out like that at interviews in case you don't know...

So, it's not a stupid question at all

MadamVanessa:
shocked

He was absolutely correct. What is the essence of CV? Why asked stupid question again when you've already asked of his CV.

But the guy na werey ogrin It seems he wasn't interested at all in the job or the story is fake.
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by friendlyadvice: 1:16pm On Apr 14, 2022
siofra:
grin
Ah e don already show say e no go dey follow instructions, how do we know what he has on his CV is the truth?
I sure say na all these ppl wet deybfinish uni at the age of 10 wey no get manners
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by Angelfrost(m): 1:16pm On Apr 14, 2022
Well, he enjoys looking for jobs rather than actually working! He should keep it up!
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by house10s2: 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2022
harmargedon:
why should he, did he come there to talk about his past life. Just ask the dude the needful and let him bounce.
ok nah if u ever go on an interview they ask u tell us bout ur self.

plzzzzz tell them to chk ur cv
Re: Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo) by boldking(m): 1:18pm On Apr 14, 2022
She was never supposed to ask that question in the first place because the child would have allowed the dog run since the lion gave birth to a tiger

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs / FRSC Commences Screening To Select New Recruits / N-power Build Portal Will Be Open For New Applications Between November 5th - 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.