Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad (22801 Views)

Nairalanders Please Help, My First Son Is Behaving Somehow / May I Not Marry A Woman Like My Mum / One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by InformationTV: 11:30pm On May 05, 2022
Jmichael1:
Good day my fellow nairalanders.
please I'm not good in writting, abeg make una pardon me. I just want to go straight to the point.

i'm michael,the first child of my parents(all boys)as a 1st son,i took 90% of my dad character of wish i don't like 70% of them but i can't stop acting like him, I behave exactly like him in almost every thing.

I have tried all i could to stop bt no way...
Please want do u guys suggest for me to do?
i don't want to live the kind of life my dad lived.

please i need your advice...

You need to point out the same things you do but you don't like. That's the way you can get real help.

If you don't want to make it public, you can relate with one of our SAFE Counsellors under Our Financial Freedom Institution through the phone contact on my Bio below.
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by InformationTV: 11:30pm On May 05, 2022
Jmichael1:
please I'm not good in writting, abeg make una pardon me. I just want to go straight to the point.

i'm michael,the first child of my parents(all boys)as a 1st son,i took 90% of my dad character of wish i don't like 70% of them but i can't stop acting like him, I behave exactly like him in almost every thing.

You need to point out the same things you do but you don't like. That's the way you can get real help.

If you don't want to make it public, you can relate with one of our SAFE Counsellors under Our Financial Freedom Institution through the phone contact on my Bio below.

Genuine help awaits you.
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by Lexusgs430: 11:35pm On May 05, 2022
Jmichael1:

Can DNA traits be erased......... grin
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by Jmichael1(m): 11:40pm On May 05, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Can DNA traits be erased......... grin
i 4 dn erase am since hw wish e dey possible....
bt on a serious note bro,i don't find dis traits funny any more...
man got to change by all means....
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by Lexusgs430: 11:55pm On May 05, 2022
Jmichael1:

i 4 dn erase am since hw wish e dey possible....

bt on a serious note bro,i don't find dis traits funny any more...

man got to change by all means....

Monkey no dey born goat .......... cheesy

It's a local parlance....... wink
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by Nobody: 12:01am On May 06, 2022
Jmichael1:

Accept Jesus into your life. Be born again.
The essence of the new birth is that God becomes your father, so over time with adequate devotion, you start behaving like Jesus, who is now your elder brother and mentor. The Holy Spirit will help you with the transformation.

That is the best solution!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by juman(m): 12:09am On May 06, 2022
Hiss.
You wrote nothing.
You have to state the type of the behaviour you dont like before people can think of how to stop it.
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by uuzba(m): 12:49am On May 06, 2022
Jmichael1:

bro...they are much ooh.bt to cut the long story,let me tell u the major ones giving me sleepless night....

1)my dad loves women alot,and i'm also into women stuff,i got 6 girlfrds and several hook up babes...

2)u automatically turns to my dad enemy once u fail to abide by his will,i have lost several frds to these same habit,i dislyk any1 who disagree to my words.i always want my words to be the final say in any tin....

3)he always want to be noticed were ever he goes.same tin goes to me..
i went to a club 2wks bk,only to see sum yahoo boys buying drinks up on drinks,i also want people to notice me,bt i was with only 10k on me.
i had to log in 3 dff loans app to take a loan of 150k jst to challenge those guys...

BRO....I NEED HELP.

Before finishing the original story, I already concluded to myself, there must be F*CK in this matter.
Excuses excuses.
Keep your prick in your pant and face front. ALL the problems will disappear.
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by uuzba(m): 12:52am On May 06, 2022
juman:
Hiss.
You wrote nothing.
You have to state the type of the behaviour you dont like before people can think of how to stop it.
The guy is a useless guy .
He stated the things later in the post.
He's following 6 girlfriend
He gets angry with everyone.

He's just looking for excuse to have sex with girls because his father did it.
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by Jmichael1(m): 12:56am On May 06, 2022
uuzba:

Before finishing the original story, I already concluded to myself, there must be F*CK in this matter.
Excuses excuses.

na there the wahala dey ooh bros....
i'm addicted to sex and tearing me apart..
2wks without sex is lyk hell to me,i can't move.....
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by Jmichael1(m): 12:59am On May 06, 2022
uuzba:

Excuses excuses.

dis are nt jst excuses bt wat am going through....
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by juman(m): 1:24am On May 06, 2022
uuzba:

The guy is a useless guy .
He stated the things later in the post.
He's following 6 girlfriend
He gets angry with everyone.

He's just looking for excuse to have sex with girls because his father did it.

Okayyy.
Hmmmmmmm.

He should be determined to be a better person than his dad. He should be more active with his study or job and spend less time on girls things. Control his anger is easy if he desire to do it. Just be determined. He should drop his anger and frustration behind when leaving home.
It help a lot. Whenever I see something that want to make me angry, I remind myself that I already dropped my anger at home in the morning.
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by xamodans: 1:43am On May 06, 2022
Jmichael1:

Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by xamodans: 1:50am On May 06, 2022
Your dad is your dad and you are you. Your responsibilities are different from your dad's.

My dad has been an extremely strict man that even people never wanted to relate with him. But living with him for over 29years, I had told myself what I would like from him and I would not, despite that I look so much like him.

Brother, you take responsibility of whatever character you put up, don't drag your dad into it. He developed his own please develop yours.[quote author=xamodans post=112563521][/quote]
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by Gwan2(m): 1:59am On May 06, 2022
Jmichael1:

bro...they are much ooh.bt to cut the long story,let me tell u the major ones giving me sleepless night....

1)my dad loves women alot,and i'm also into women stuff,i got 6 girlfrds and several hook up babes...

2)u automatically turns to my dad enemy once u fail to abide by his will,i have lost several frds to these same habit,i dislyk any1 who disagree to my words.i always want my words to be the final say in any tin....

i went to a club 2wks bk,only to see sum yahoo boys buying drinks up on drinks,i also want people to notice me,bt i was with only 10k on me.
i had to log in 3 dff loans app to take a loan of 150k jst to challenge those guys...

BRO....I NEED HELP.

Nairaland na comedy club walai…. grin enjoy life bro, problem no dey finish

Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by TayusKilzEasyjay(m): 3:05am On May 06, 2022
kiss
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool I for CHUK MOUTH or SHINE small disco LITE 4 dis MATTERZ

But u fit no like my ADVISE, so make English student put mouth 4 the matterz!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by ogascomax: 4:07am On May 06, 2022
How you can stop it is to stop it since you know that you need to stop.
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by Emmyjumy(m): 4:14am On May 06, 2022
Jmichael1:

BRO....I NEED HELP.
Truly, you need serious help
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by Gospel2Day: 5:05am On May 06, 2022
Very simple: You must be Born Again.
Your biological birth gave you your parents' sinful nature.
Your spiritual birth gives you the Divine Nature of God.
If anyone is in Christ they are a new creation. Old nature is gone. The new nature has come.
Selah.
Shalom.
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by Nobody: 5:09am On May 06, 2022
Jmichael1:

BRO....I NEED HELP.

You nor wise at alll, at alll at all.. Borrowings money to impress people shows how foolish you are. And even ontop alcohol for that matter... Brother you nor need prayer but serious flogging and reseting of your brain
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by gentleibraheem(m): 5:17am On May 06, 2022
I was just laughing at those guys saying op is looking for excuses for his flaws.

Most of you guys saying that don't have your fathers traits in you. And I believe if you do the story would have been otherwise. It's in the blood
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by Praktikals(m): 5:23am On May 06, 2022
oldienavie:

My dad drinks alcoholic, used to be a philanderer who was always running after women and did not know how to manage his finances with some other things.
There is nothing irresponsible about enjoying life. Your popman na man weh sabi.
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by phemmyfour: 5:30am On May 06, 2022
Jmichael1:

Let "doing the right thing" be your motivator in all you do and you LL be less worried whether you are acting like your dad or not
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by Elidrisy20: 6:02am On May 06, 2022
You suppose tell us how your papa dey behave
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by BabaCommander: 6:20am On May 06, 2022
Pacesetter2021:
Narcissist. Look up the Word. Besides the psychological aspect it has spiritual significance, it's called jezebel spirit. You need to be delivered. You can look for genuine deliverance ministers and get your life right.

Interesting to see someone nention this jezebel spirit.
Can you tell me more about it?
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by pozehnani(f): 6:46am On May 06, 2022
oldienavie:

grin grin grin I just can't stop laughing.
You are simply refusing to take responsibility for your own actions.
My dad drinks alcoholic, used to be a philanderer who was always running after women and did not know how to manage his finances with some other things.

I have used him as a reference point in my life to ensure I do not live the kind of life that he lived. Despite the fact that I look like him physically, I have ensured that the life I live is completely different from the life he lived.
Despite that I have the opportunity to practise what he did due to my exposure as I have lived abroad for many years, I have ensured to live a responsible life.
The life you live is your choice, do not blame your dad lifestyle.

So stop giving excuses for your own actions, take responsibility. If your dad has a terrible trait, ensure you do not make the same mistakes he made and make your own life better and be more responsible.

Wow! Very sensible and full of wisdom.
I like your take on this one.

Can we be friends?
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by 30card(m): 7:09am On May 06, 2022
Jmichael1:

Before an action, ask yourself what will my dad done then do the opposite
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by Slurity(m): 7:11am On May 06, 2022
Jmichael1:

Develope hatred for the characters and really mean it
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by Kay25(m): 7:16am On May 06, 2022
You have his traits you learnt from him hardly can u stop behaving like him but you should learn how to be a better version of your father that's it .that makes you the you and a you greater than him
Re: How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad by SocialJustice: 7:18am On May 06, 2022
Jmichael1:

The first step to stop acting like your dad is to realise you are not him.

Be more conscious of your actions, stop reacting impulsively. Always stop to think before acting. It will take sometime but gradually, you will gain a lot more control.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is 6 Months Enough Or Too Early For A Widow To Start Dating? / How Many Units Of Electricity Goes For 1000 Naira. / Husband Always Chatting And Calling Single Female Colleague

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.