Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Fiance Visa For Uk Refused On Section 320 (11) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fiance Visa For Uk Refused On Section 320 (11) (1796 Views)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / America Fiance Visa Takes How Many Months From The Filing Date? / Fiance Visa Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fiance Visa For Uk Refused On Section 320 (11) by Pantsri: 8:09am On Jan 15, 2009
Hi Nairaland People,

Just wondering that anyone could give me ideas of how to over come the refusal on section 320 (11)? as I was an illegal entrant to the UK. I have my british partner for 14 months now already but we lived together in UK for 7 months out of 14 months because I am back to my country to apply fiance visa but got refused. My partner is very upset about the refusal from The British Embassy. Seems no chance for a british can have a relationship with someone who was illegal in the UK, yet they told us that my partner could enjoy "family life" with me in Hong Kong but not in uk.

Many thx.
Re: Fiance Visa For Uk Refused On Section 320 (11) by Ilelobola: 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2009
I read sometime ago that a new rule was coming in Nov-08 where people who had overstayed in the UK but left voluntarily would be refused entry for 1 year, if removed or deported it is 5 or 10 years, don't remember which now. You can of course appeal the refusal except they have said otherwise, you should probably get a good solicitor.

Otherwise if you guys are going to get married anyway, you might as well do that and apply as a spouse because if I remember well, the rule does not apply to spouses. Worth finding out properly though but they can still argue that you both don't need to live in the UK so always good to have a good reason you want to live in the UK and not HK or any where else you might have permission to reside in.

Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of A House In Abu Dhabi That Looks Exactly Like A Coin / Two Guys Seen Riding The Same Bicycle At Akoka, Yaba, Lagos - Pictures / Total Cost Of Travelling From Nigeria To Canada Or Usa As An Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.